PDA

View Full Version : nq50 rings?

sefer
2nd April 2008, 15:40
Hey, does anyone know where I can get some nq50 (nifty 50) rings?

I can find piston kits no problem, but seems a little overkill for a broken ring.

I've actually got a whole piston(rings and all) sitting there, but the rings are wider, and the piston is a rounded out (like a ball) rather than rounded in (like a bowl), as the old one is, leading me to believe it is from an older model, but the piston kits seen to have the same shape...straight swap perhaps? Likely to affect anything I'm not foreseeing?

(btw I broke it, so it didn't seize or anything)

Thanks

quallman1234
3rd April 2008, 15:51
Just run a single ring, no biggy on a scooter i would imagine. Make sure its the top one btw ;). - Wait till it dies and then get a pistion kit.

sefer
3rd April 2008, 21:22
I had considered that (and yes it was the second ring that broke, didn't have it lined up properly), but since I'm likely to sell it soon I'll need to do it properly.

I've since discovered that the high compression piston I've got won't go in without changing the con rod as well, so still looking for those rings :)

roadracingoldfart
3rd April 2008, 21:51
I did mine last year , Econohonda in Te Aroha . Top guys and they know what they are doing and have the stuff in stock , hell i bored mine so now its an NQ51.3 lol.

Henk
4th April 2008, 01:43
I would have thought any Honda shop could suply these.

sefer
4th April 2008, 12:16
Yeah, as I found out today they can (if I wait).

The joke being they're $60! Hell I could get an aftermarket piston kit for just over $100.

Seems the only other place that could find them (budget motorcycles here in CHCH) can only get oversized ones and not the standard 41mm ones.

Still looking...