PDA

View Full Version : Flow-bench results

orange
19th April 2008, 20:54
Right both the polini and my bzm engines are open ported engines, both have transfer work and exhaust work.
Now the polini is a series two engine which is a 5 port and my bzm is the lastest 6 port and they both flow very close to the same amount, my bzm does win with 3% to 4% more airflow but it's very close.( this is the starting point on the bench)
Now the air is measured in cubic feet per minute, I will not tell you at what cfm we test etc but the polini engine we got a 14% increase, started out at 53.5% @ set cfm and ended at 67.5%. Now my engine we started at 51% @set cfm and after two hours of work the new flow rate is 69.5% and we have more room to go.
Gadgit will keep you informed as it goes along.
I think the open boys will like the new speed of the DM

pete376403
20th April 2008, 15:41
What are these engines used in?

Gadgit
20th April 2008, 18:04
Whooot so that means I can just send my new barrell down and you can set it up close to yours lol being a 6 port BZM and all...

Gadgit
20th April 2008, 18:05
What are these engines used in?

Minimotos my man www.nzmmrc.co.nz

orange
20th April 2008, 18:14
best results come from setting up whole engine.
been back on bench today and from starting point on my engine to where it is now I have made a huge gain and have unlocked some sercets of these little engines that are massive today we have a 51% increase from where the starting point was!!!

Gadgit
20th April 2008, 18:29
Ok it's on it's way lol nah spent a bit on it lately... maybe in the new season.. sounds like a big difference tho what would the reliablilty be like you think?? be a higher reving engine then mine I would imangine?

speedpro
20th April 2008, 20:04
I will be REALLY interested to see before and after power figures. My old 100cc engine had pretty conservative porting and one of the more knowledgeable 2-stroke gurus I took it to here in NZ reckoned there was a good couple of horsepower if I could restrict port sizes and timing. The idea was that peak flow velocity was a good thing and actually promoted flow, due to inertia, past where it may otherwise have stopped. He specced a mates bike at the same time and it made 27.5rwhp on the dyno with a nice spread of power.

speedpro
5th June 2008, 20:42
bump . . . . . . .

so, how did it go? Surely you've used it by now.

orange
5th June 2008, 22:34
sorry mate, i have been busy at work motor is still sitting on bench in room, hope to get to it soon, will be within next month.

racefactory
15th June 2008, 19:05
nice man.

anybody know where to get banshee bikes with the series 2 polini rep motor?

xtreme
15th June 2008, 19:39
Hi

Will have a couple available in a few weeks time , all going well.
Not sure if they are the series 2 engine , will find out .

Cheers Greg

racefactory
16th June 2008, 18:41
cheers greg! any idea how much?

xtreme
16th June 2008, 20:07
Hi

Not sure of a landed cost yet as airfreight will come into it

Cheers Greg