PDA

View Full Version : Gear lever needed!

Timati
25th April 2008, 19:57
I was wondering if anyone had a spare gear level for an Aprilia RS250 I could get like tomorrow morning.

skidMark
25th April 2008, 20:02
Ring around the wreckers in the morning, i would say corsa on morrin road because he sells alot of em but i think hes only open from wednesday onwards.

Timati
25th April 2008, 20:04
You mean Corsa?? Yeah, can't wait that long. Need to get the bike to the mechanic tomorrow as well and can't ride the bike without the gear lever.

Will give the wreckers a call tomorrow morning but if anyone has a spare lying around that would fit into an RS250 that would be awesome.

skidMark
25th April 2008, 20:20
Put up a thread asking if you can borrow a van....

breakaway
26th April 2008, 11:29
You mean Corsa?? Yeah, can't wait that long. Need to get the bike to the mechanic tomorrow as well and can't ride the bike without the gear lever.

What kinda attitude is that? Rig something up. More rangi things have been done.

Timati
26th April 2008, 11:45
What kinda attitude is that? Rig something up. More rangi things have been done.

I didn't mean it to come across with any attitude. Apologies if it did. Am trying to rig something up at the mo. Only thing Corsa opens on Wednesday through to Friday.

skidMark
26th April 2008, 11:49
Or do what ive done and get the lever rewelded....

depends where it has brokes....if the tip has broken off drill a holre....bolt and nut...taadaaa...if broken at footpeg end get it welded...

when mine broke on the zxr i took off all the linkage and shoved a pit bike one on the spline, made it race shift pattern :devil2:

breakaway
26th April 2008, 11:49
Sorry, I should have said "What kind of biker attitude is that? :third:" read: it was a p/t. Don't take the internet too seriously ;)

What I mean is, just somehow get it into gear at home, start it, and ride it in second gear or something? Heh.

Timati
26th April 2008, 12:01
Sorry, I should have said "What kind of biker attitude is that? " read: it was a p/t. Don't take the internet too seriously

What I mean is, just somehow get it into gear at home, start it, and ride it in second gear or something? Heh.

Can't really ride it. The lever is broken off just where you bolt on the peg. Looks like a welding job.

As for my attitude, I was thinking if I could attach just about anything to get it into gear but alas nothing can be attached.

Or do what ive done and get the lever rewelded....

depends where it has brokes....if the tip has broken off drill a holre....bolt and nut...taadaaa...if broken at footpeg end get it welded...

when mine broke on the zxr i took off all the linkage and shoved a pit bike one on the spline, made it race shift pattern

It's broken off the foot peg. Hopefully will have good news that I can get it welded today. Can't seem to find any lever that fits which I find quite odd. There surely must be another bike with a similar lever design. Feels unnatural not to have the bike around...

skidMark
26th April 2008, 13:09
Can't really ride it. The lever is broken off just where you bolt on the peg. Looks like a welding job.

As for my attitude, I was thinking if I could attach just about anything to get it into gear but alas nothing can be attached.

It's broken off the foot peg. Hopefully will have good news that I can get it welded today. Can't seem to find any lever that fits which I find quite odd. There surely must be another bike with a similar lever design. Feels unnatural not to have the bike around...

Every bike varys to be honest.

i think your best option is to get it tig welded, make sure you go somewhere decent though... i got my footpeg hanger braket welded once...lightly clipped the wood gate back my bike out, not even at walking pace, and it snapped off again, looking at it it hadn't even penetrated into the metal at all.

geez theres some cowboys out there.

Timati
26th April 2008, 15:15
Wohoo, got the lever sorted with another lever. Not the greatest but works until the other gets welded. Am stoked!

skidMark
26th April 2008, 16:02
Wohoo, got the lever sorted with another lever. Not the greatest but works until the other gets welded. Am stoked!

Well thank god you got it sorted before got killed a kitten...:whistle:

Katman
26th April 2008, 16:29
What was wrong with clamping a set of vice grips to the shaft?

Timati
27th April 2008, 01:37
No kitten had to die in the production. They are safe for now...