PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to Lemans

dangerous
26th April 2008, 19:37
Well after Lemans acco yesterday involving a few bikes on the local ambo run, he still rocked up to help with the busted Guzzi gear box today, altho he admitted to being a bit sore and unable to lean the bike down, well it is 1/4 of a ton.

The following is a few pics of a Guzzi box, it turns out it was only a spring which Lemans had in stock (I will replace) pic1 is a heavily sedated Guzzi, pic2 side cover off the box, pic3 the side cover with pawl spring, pic4 the farking trouble maker. pic5 is some good shit to clean the crap off ya hands, and funnily nuff good for ya hair, pic 6 is tomorows mish.
The Guzzi is a funny beast easy to work on but a farking pain in the arse unless you are tanked up with Vino and pizza.

Thanks for the time Lemans and the help in sorting the box, symptoms were stuck in 1st, the 6 speed box are known for this issue. Now heres hoping for a good day tommorow to give the new pawl spring heaps

ps: no more wheelies (for now)

Ixion
26th April 2008, 20:36
That's a nice sensible geaar box design. And you're going to convert it into a two stroke , then ? Thaz an RD350LC isn't it?

laRIKin
26th April 2008, 22:53
Things I'll do for a pain killer.... I mean a beer.:innocent:

MVnut
26th April 2008, 22:57
Things I'll do for a pain killer.... I mean a beer.:innocent:

Good to see you haven't lost your sense of humour, I'll shout ya a painkiller next time I see ya. Bourbon isn't it???:doctor:

laRIKin
27th April 2008, 09:51
Good to see you haven't lost your sense of humour, I'll shout ya a painkiller next time I see ya. Bourbon isn't it???:doctor:

Well as I see it, there is no point in getting to bent out of shape.
As there is no one to blame apart from the unknown fools that had to overtake every one.

FFS it a fund raising ride and not a race, get in line and stay there.

I think it was them forcing their way back into the group of riders that made everyone have to slow down, that may have coursed the sudden braking.

And I had more than a few pain killers (Bourbons) that night.

And below is pic of my gearbox sectors.
You can see that they are different.

cruza
27th April 2008, 11:04
nice having a big plate that comes off the side. What oil does the gearbox run?

dangerous
27th April 2008, 14:08
nice having a big plate that comes off the side. What oil does the gearbox run?some brown gookie stuff

And below is pic of my gearbox sectors.
You can see that they are different.
just a tad, but remember yours is a old V11 mines a new one :Punk: which is now a old one... ohh hell just another example of a Guzzi Bargin bin special.

cruza
27th April 2008, 17:21
some brown gookie stuff

:rolleyes:

dangerous
27th April 2008, 17:31
:rolleyes:

OHHHhhhhhhh man! dont make me get up again, Ive just spent the last two days in the garage, now I sit down with me nuts and a Stienie.....

Yamaha Shaft Drive Gear Oil SAE 80-90W API service GL-4, GL-5
why... cos its free ;)

MVnut
27th April 2008, 17:36
OHHHhhhhhhh man! dont make me get up again, Ive just spent the last two days in the garage, now I sit down with me nuts and a Stienie.....

Yamaha Shaft Drive Gear Oil SAE 80-90W API service GL-4, GL-5
why... cos its free ;)

A much better reply than "oil ?? what's oil ??":wari:

dangerous
27th April 2008, 17:54
A much better reply than "oil ?? what's oil ??":wari:

hey... dont you get me started, its a kinda slimey shit that loves hanging out under ye finger nails and is good for lubreecation of mack an acal parts such as bearings and gears... NEXT, stinie plz R :2thumbsup

gezz Im waiting to be told of by LeMans for not using the correct oil and molly additive ;)

Mr Triple
27th April 2008, 20:49
Gee Lemans has had a big weekend... Top man I think he should have the week off.;)

dangerous
5th May 2008, 19:42
LeMans look what arived today...

T.W.R
5th May 2008, 19:50
:pinch: Geesh D, if you'd come on that ride & the guzzler had shat itselfup there. We could have done that on the roadside :lol: could've whipped up one of those springs from some fencing wire easy :niceone:

:bleh: rough bugger finding it's Achilles heel :shutup:

:dodge:

laRIKin
5th May 2008, 21:41
LeMans look what arived today...

:pinch: Geesh D, if you'd come on that ride & the guzzler had shat itselfup there. We could have done that on the roadside :lol: could've whipped up one of those springs from some fencing wire easy :niceone:

:bleh: rough bugger finding it's Achilles heel :shutup:

:dodge:

Thats good I'll put it back in the tool box. (on the bike)
And you can do it on the side of the road, well I could on mine and now yours as it is a bit different.:yes:

And T.W.R it is one of those character thing's that Guzzi's can do from time to time.:brick:
Never, or every so often when in the middle of no where and it's raining.:innocent:

scumdog
6th May 2008, 00:17
. pic5 is some good shit to clean the crap off ya hands, and funnily nuff good for ya hair,

Hey, there's a bit of luck, CB stocks that hand-cleaner in our shower - no more going out to the laundry to get oil and shit off my hands:2thumbsup:whistle: (and I dunno why YOU have to worry about if it's good for your hair or not:nya: )

Oh, and that's a mighty-fine looking silver coloured bike lurking in the background there D......;)

And props to Lemans for helping you, he must be a very tolerant and understanding kinda bloke - or was it the post-crash shock that caused him to weaken and help ya??:dodge:

laRIKin
6th May 2008, 17:41
And props to Lemans for helping you, he must be a very tolerant and understanding kinda bloke - or was it the post-crash shock that caused him to weaken and help ya??:dodge::beer::whistle: