PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone plz help me buying gears?

BANZAI
28th April 2008, 22:42
Hey guys,

Gonna get GN250 soon :p and now I need gears.

I got free good gloves from current owner so thats fine

I do need:
Helmet
Jacket
Boots
Pants/overpants

I heard the motoretail is good so I wanna go check it out. Can anyone come with me and give me some advice?

Also I'm thinking of buying this
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=152505824

Can I get lift to there from anyone?(North Shore)

I can spend on helmet up to $200 and rest are in reasonable price...

2wheeljunkie
28th April 2008, 22:58
i can go gear shopping wit u bud..depending on timing bt yeaa im down...congratzz btw..btw kyle here incase u dunt know me..met u at the chilla..and when do u need a lift..when u get yer bike?

blossomsowner
28th April 2008, 23:29
hi..imho there is no substitute for leather when it comes to jackets, Quasi does really nice ones in Hamilton and just south of Auck at pukekawa is lifestyle imports who do good gear at good prices. You may find you get what you pay for and if you hit the road at any stage you'll be wishing you paid more........

as for helmets, don't buy on price, just make sure you get one that fits really well.....very important both for safety and comfort.

motorbyclist
29th April 2008, 00:16
i have a four day weekend coming up, and a car, so i could give you a hand.

hi..imho there is no substitute for leather when it comes to jackets,

until it starts raining for a week:p

ital916
29th April 2008, 07:50
BANZAI come see me this thursday at motomail in ponsonby, i'll spend as long as you want talking you through the gear, the options and what is good for your situation *no gear is bad, just all used for different purposes*, i do not recommend leather as we are coming into winter. There are die hard leather fans out there but for price and useability textile will be the way but come in and see me, i'll be working from eleven onwards bud. Number is 0210582302. See you then bud.

ital916
29th April 2008, 07:51

until it starts raining for a week:p

You too, we will kit you out with a jacket, or at least some new armour for the one you have. :D

Timati
29th April 2008, 09:48
Dushy, I might pop around too.

2wheeljunkie
29th April 2008, 10:33
well if everyone is gear shopping then im comin..not that im gonna buy anething..:innocent:..btw dush how long more till u get yer bike?? me and the guys saw it on mikes ute on sat..keep the blue..!!!

Squiggles
29th April 2008, 10:35
Get out of here you salespeople :lol:

2wheeljunkie
29th April 2008, 10:39
hey squiggles does madison have her front end on again?..sorry i know its off topic..my bad banzai.

BANZAI
29th April 2008, 10:48
hey squiggles does madison have her front end on again?..sorry i know its off topic..my bad banzai.

I don't mind :msn-wink:

BANZAI come see me this thursday at motomail in ponsonby, i'll spend as long as you want talking you through the gear, the options and what is good for your situation *no gear is bad, just all used for different purposes*, i do not recommend leather as we are coming into winter. There are die hard leather fans out there but for price and useability textile will be the way but come in and see me, i'll be working from eleven onwards bud. Number is 0210582302. See you then bud.

Yea I'm free on THursday from 11-1pm(can be later if I organise it beforehands) Who can come with me?

Are you free to give as a ride Andrew?(Andrew=Motorbyclist?)

Dushy how much discount can you give me? :p :p :p

klyong82
29th April 2008, 11:44

No discount...he is earning commission...:shutup:

bomma
29th April 2008, 11:52
No discount...he is earning commission...:shutup:

think it was russell peters who said "indians want to give as little as they can and asians want to get as much as they can" :rofl: shit that guy is hilarious

tap sum bong (http://youtube.com/watch?v=bq-DBeOOSBM)

BANZAI
29th April 2008, 11:59
I just realised I gotta work for Graduation Ceremony on that day...

I'll try organise to make time between 1-4pm...

Anyone free on Friday to have a look at the jacket over North Shore?

EDIT: Can do 1-4pm on Thursday. Howbout you guys??

HungusMaximist
29th April 2008, 22:09

You'll have enough left for a 1 stage bus ride home and a cold Big Ben Mince & Cheese pie. :msn-wink:

BANZAI
29th April 2008, 22:16
You'll have enough left for a 1 stage bus ride home and a cold Big Ben Mince & Cheese pie. :msn-wink:

LOL hey it's my 21st birthday tomorrow! I should get more than that :whistle:

NOMIS
29th April 2008, 22:35
LOL hey it's my 21st birthday tomorrow! I should get more than that :whistle:

happy birthday brother

Squiggles
29th April 2008, 22:35
Beware, he might jinx you, dushy's tales of misadventure can be found in many of the threads in this forum :lol:

motorbyclist
30th April 2008, 04:01
Are you free to give as a ride Andrew?(Andrew=Motorbyclist?)

yes, i'll be out buying bike bits anyways (though i'd normally do that on the bike)

I just realised I gotta work for Graduation Ceremony on that day...

I'll try organise to make time between 1-4pm...

Anyone free on Friday to have a look at the jacket over North Shore?

EDIT: Can do 1-4pm on Thursday. Howbout you guys??

3-4 means horrible, horrible traffic. ask chrislost about that jacket he works at that shop.

if you are just looking and not actually buying anything, i'd rather pillion you around for the sake of petrol and time. dad's got a spare helmet/jacket even if the jacket is way too big for you

got a 30% design project to do this weekend

HungusMaximist
30th April 2008, 06:30
if you are just looking and not actually buying anything, i'd rather pillion you around for the sake of petrol and time. dad's got a spare helmet/jacket even if the jacket is way too big for you

Enough though he's a westie, Andrew is quite a responsible rider.

I've never been on his back seat, but I can vouch that it will be quite a sweet experience, since you're just about the right size of his g/f. :msn-wink:

Yugi, I might have a textile jacket that might fit you, but I am guessing you're probably better off buying fresh gear. It's pretty pong.

ital916
30th April 2008, 07:33
gah all this small talk lol, just come in and have a look my friend, you will be surprised once you see the range available that the crap unknown jackets that has been advertised on trademe don't come close mate! Oh and joe rocket now has an importer how cool is that! I'll be there eleven till five thirty banzai. Go look around at other shops but do drop by, the outlets has some bloody great stuff here. Should be able to kit you out for a good price, ask shingo. haha

Hanne
30th April 2008, 07:51
Happy Birthday! yeah, Ican vouch for motomail stuff too, although my gear is textile the jacket is 2 1/2 years old and still awesome, the pants have been great (going on 1 1/2 years old). got the two for $250 :wari:

BANZAI
30th April 2008, 08:51
happy birthday brother

Beware, he might jinx you, dushy's tales of misadventure can be found in many of the threads in this forum :lol:

??????

yes, i'll be out buying bike bits anyways (though i'd normally do that on the bike)

3-4 means horrible, horrible traffic. ask chrislost about that jacket he works at that shop.

got a 30% design project to do this weekend

I'm thinking of getting Helmet at least...

Pillion depends on weather I think, hope it will be sunny tomorrow!!

I can just take LINK bus and meet you guys down there :laugh:

I've never been on his back seat, but I can vouch that it will be quite a sweet experience, since you're just about the right size of his g/f. :msn-wink:

Yugi, I might have a textile jacket that might fit you, but I am guessing you're probably better off buying fresh gear. It's pretty pong.

I think his gf is lot taller than me :lol:

Can I try your jacket on Friday if you are coming to Strata???

Happy Birthday! yeah, Ican vouch for motomail stuff too, although my gear is textile the jacket is 2 1/2 years old and still awesome, the pants have been great (going on 1 1/2 years old). got the two for $250 :wari:

Phurrball
30th April 2008, 09:54
It's pretty pong.

Techwash/sportwash - whatever it's called. Have some at home and a front loading machine if needed?

Oh, and happy birthday Yugi! Early 20's are all good *sigh - was a while ago for me*:wari:

Bike gear for birthday prezzie?? :2thumbsup

2wheeljunkie
30th April 2008, 10:02
happy burfday mate..big 21...u doin a yardie?..:innocent:...

klyong82
30th April 2008, 11:08
Happy Birthday!!.....K-Rd tonight? we will make you a man...wear leathers..:baby:

2wheeljunkie
30th April 2008, 12:09
Happy Birthday!!.....K-Rd tonight? we will make you a man...wear leathers..:baby:

ahahaha...im down..maybe not in leathers...:shifty:..might be a bit wet tonite for that...

BANZAI
30th April 2008, 15:42

..... :pinch:

I'm going to have dinner with my GF, sorry guys no Yardie, no leathers :msn-wink:

mapsanji
30th April 2008, 15:55
[QUOTE=BANZAI;1541403]Hey guys,

Gonna get GN250 soon :p and now I need gears.

I got free good gloves from current owner so thats fine

I do need:
Helmet
Jacket
Boots
Pants/overpants

Hey Banzai, I've got a new helmet you can have, its a size Mediam but still to big for me, bought it bout 5 months ago...brand new and red coulor. You can have it for free..!!

ital916
30th April 2008, 19:09
..... :pinch:

I'm going to have dinner with my GF, sorry guys no Yardie, no leathers :msn-wink:

Happy birthday my friend, i look forward to riding with you for many years to come!

Macstar
30th April 2008, 20:30
[QUOTE=BANZAI;1541403]
Hey Banzai, I've got a new helmet you can have, its a size Mediam but still to big for me, bought it bout 5 months ago...brand new and red coulor. You can have it for free..!!

Mate! I thought that was your 'chicks on the back helmet'?!

ital916
30th April 2008, 20:36
[QUOTE=mapsanji;1543852]

Mate! I thought that was your 'chicks on the back helmet'?!

Or if your pocketcracker "chicks on your dick helmet" for cases of EXTREME FACIAL UGLYNESS!!!!!!!!!!:cool:, also prevents cases or pink eye/bad breath and as a plus she can't start any intelligent conversation as she is wearing a helmet. hehe

BANZAI
30th April 2008, 22:01
Hmm I think I want new helmet...

I don't really get what you two >Macster, Dushy are talking about ???

So tomorrow at 1pm where? Who's coming? How do we go there?

HungusMaximist
30th April 2008, 22:56
Techwash/sportwash - whatever it's called. Have some at home and a front loading machine if needed?

What? Can I come to your place to wash my pong gear?

I don't really get what you two >Macster, Dushy are talking about ???

It's called gay interracial love (black on white/white on black whatever you wanna call it) :clap:

Haven't you noticed? They haven't stopped going on at each other since they both laid eyes on each other. :banana:

ital916
30th April 2008, 23:13
What? Can I come to your place to wash my pong gear?

It's called gay interracial love (black on white/white on black whatever you wanna call it) :clap:

Haven't you noticed? They haven't stopped going on at each other since they both laid eyes on each other. :banana:

Your fucked off cos isaac hasn't played with your banana ever since he got his hornet bro. I think what you need is to put your leathers on and hit family, cos your getting catty lol. As for me, tis only ladies that my eyes lust after haha

motorbyclist
1st May 2008, 00:53

hehehe, last time i took a pillion on an SMC ride she had a choice between me and stevo. i was obviously the bad choice (less experience, worse seat etc), but i won her over eventually - and guess who crashed right after passing us?

"if i had her on the back she would've held the rear down":lol:

So tomorrow at 1pm where? Who's coming? How do we go there?

which motomail? find out where it is and we can take the car - i'd expect you'll find what you want there. i've got some shopping to be doing so may take a detour via some computer stores. 027454213

ital916
1st May 2008, 07:33
hehehe, last time i took a pillion on an SMC ride she had a choice between me and stevo. i was obviously the bad choice (less experience, worse seat etc), but i won her over eventually - and guess who crashed right after passing us?

"if i had her on the back she would've held the rear down":lol:

which motomail? find out where it is and we can take the car - i'd expect you'll find what you want there. i've got some shopping to be doing so may take a detour via some computer stores. 027454213

There's only one motomail dudes, i'm looking forward to you coming in. when you do come in try and find me, i might be upstairs or downstairs in the outlet. Ask for me by name banzai, andrew don't break anything :D

BANZAI
1st May 2008, 08:10
http://www.motomail.co.nz/
41 College Hill Ponsonby.

Howbout in front of National Bank. 1pm

Quasievil
1st May 2008, 08:25

Got some boots here for $100, size 9, if it helps. Can do other gear but looks like thats soughted for you.

link here for the boots.
Also got size 38 Jackets in Leather (old stock) crash proven many times from KB members you can have this for $150, so boots and Jacket for $250

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=72475

Can bring to Auckland in the next day or two for you also, to see
Cheers

Macstar
1st May 2008, 09:26
I lost interest in HungusMaximus when he stopped wearing lycra:bye:

Timati
1st May 2008, 11:02
Got some boots here for $100, size 9, if it helps. Can do other gear but looks like thats soughted for you.

link here for the boots.
Also got size 38 Jackets in Leather (old stock) crash proven many times from KB members you can have this for $150, so boots and Jacket for $250

Cheers

I'll be interested to see them. When are you next in Auckland and where?

Timati
1st May 2008, 11:04
I lost interest in HungusMaximus when he stopped wearing lycra:bye:

So it's hot semi-naked chics and Ewen in lycra that get you going :banana:

Quasievil
1st May 2008, 11:58
I'll be interested to see them. When are you next in Auckland and where?

hi we have to come up in the next today or tomorrow to get some stuff, going to Manakau (by the airport) so we are happy to bring them up for you to look at, no probs at all.
send me a pm or email quasimoto@ihug.co.nz

cheers

Quasi

BANZAI
1st May 2008, 12:40

link here for the boots.

Cheers

Have you got any size 6 boots?(or maybe smaller lol)

I think jacket sounds like right size for me, I wanna have a look at it.

Since Timati is interested as well will you be able to come to Strata and show us???

BANZAI
1st May 2008, 13:14
Okeiii its bit too late, but Andrew cant come for another Hour so I decided to take LINK bus there....

If anyones coming TXT me 0210797278.

Quasievil
1st May 2008, 13:29
where is Strata ? Paula is in Auckland at midday so she will be happy to meet you guys around lunch time (somewhere easy would be good visions of her stumbling around Queen st with armfulls of boots and jackets will result in my death in the early evening)
So if thats cool it will be done!!!!

Im of to Tokoroa now so text me if needed 021 942567 or I will be online laterer.

Oh yes got some boots in your size ish $60 ???

Cheers

Timati
1st May 2008, 13:52
Mate, just sent you a PM.

Not sure if Paula will be able to find parking easily near Uni. but was thinking somewhere opposite the Scene Apartments just along Beach Rd. There's ample parking around especially past the Northern Steamship. It's quite central.

Quasievil
1st May 2008, 15:45
Mate, just sent you a PM.

Not sure if Paula will be able to find parking easily near Uni. but was thinking somewhere opposite the Scene Apartments just along Beach Rd. There's ample parking around especially past the Northern Steamship. It's quite central.

Sweat mate will see you there opposite the Scene apartments
at 12.30pm can you pm me your cell number ??

cheers

motorbyclist
1st May 2008, 17:26
There's only one motomail dudes, i'm looking forward to you coming in. when you do come in try and find me, i might be upstairs or downstairs in the outlet. Ask for me by name banzai, andrew don't break anything :D

what was that place we went to after the last agm then?

yeah, reading that would've been a good idea

BANZAI
2nd May 2008, 15:32
Sweat mate will see you there opposite the Scene apartments
at 12.30pm can you pm me your cell number ??

cheers

Hi, I had a look at boots but it was tight at toes...

Have you got any other size? Perhaps when club guys going to Hamilton I'll go with them for Boots shopping. :D

I just want to thank everyone who had look at this thread and gave me advices.

I got Helmet and Jacket now, probly buy draggin jeans+protector+overpants for pants since I can fit Basketball on my belly in most codura pants / knee protectors become shin protectors (you fat westerners!!! :p)

motorbyclist
2nd May 2008, 16:12
tried looking at women's sizes?

srsly

BANZAI
2nd May 2008, 18:31

srsly

Nha legs are too long :pinch:

motorbyclist
3rd May 2008, 00:19
:lol::lol:

owell, i'm sure you'll find something... maybe have the family back home send you some japanese sizes? (bonus as it'll be a freebie from mum;))

BANZAI
3rd May 2008, 00:36
:lol::lol:

owell, i'm sure you'll find something... maybe have the family back home send you some japanese sizes? (bonus as it'll be a freebie from mum;))

Meh got already freebie Jacket from them :pinch:

BANZAI
7th May 2008, 15:07
I'm going motomail again tomorrow from 2pm to have a look. Anyone wanna come?

I'll go there by bus this time so meet you there if you are coming ;)

bomma
7th May 2008, 16:08

srsly

trust a westie to turn you into a drag queen:wacko:.....maybe a bra and sum pink lacy panties :drool: