PDA

View Full Version : Got me a restoration project

shingo
2nd May 2008, 20:28
Some of you may have seen my thread about the old Honda i found in someone's garage. Well i finally got hold of it today and it's now sitting next to my vtr in the garage.

It is a 1963 Honda C95 'Benly' and it is looking rather dirty and a bit rusty at the moment. I'm hoping to bring it back to original condition sometime in the next year or two, depending on funds and parts accessibility.

It will be due for a big clean and disassembly first, which will most likely happen in the upcoming uni holidays. I know some of you wanted to help with this and i certainly wont say no, you'll just have to be patient till i find the time to do it, i.e inter-semester and end of year holidays.

Here's a slightly better pic than the last one.

Bren
2nd May 2008, 20:36
looks like a good project to get your hands dirty on....good luck

Squiggles
2nd May 2008, 21:15
Bah, not even slightly rusted

YellowDog
2nd May 2008, 21:27
You got yourself a peach there that just needs a clean up.

Well done and good luck.

shingo
2nd May 2008, 23:03
looks like a good project to get your hands dirty on....good luck

You got yourself a peach there that just needs a clean up.

Well done and good luck.

Thanks guys. It should scrub up nicely.

Bah, not even slightly rusted

It looks worse in person, but it still ain't anything near as bad as the pill of rust you call the KLR's.

motorbyclist
3rd May 2008, 10:28
nice!

now that's what i call a project!

Phurrball
3rd May 2008, 12:41
Niiiiice machine Sean!!

A few beers with SMC 'helpers' coming up I sense... I can stand round and supervise, since I'm so old and stuff...

Magua
3rd May 2008, 12:53
What an odd looking contraption.

bomma
3rd May 2008, 17:05
that looks BADASS!!!! keen to help restore her mate!!! you should get an old school army-style helmet to wear while riding it!!! :2thumbsup

shingo
3rd May 2008, 19:43
A few beers with SMC 'helpers' coming up I sense... I can stand round and supervise, since I'm so old and stuff...

An SMC 'helper' night is definitely on the cards. I''m good at taking things apart, but putting them back together is another story.

you should get an old school army-style helmet to wear while riding it!!! :2thumbsup

Open-face :crazy:
I was thinkin me in a set of leathers and my shoei helmet would suit it quite nicely.

mstriumph
3rd May 2008, 19:51
you're game :sunny:
looks like you'll certainly have a job on your hands there!!

would be interesting to see pics of your progress, as and when ....

good luck with it!

shingo
3rd May 2008, 20:01
I'm in it for the long haul on this one.

I will try take pics as i go but i certainly cant promise anything.

Should be fun none the less.

xwhatsit
4th May 2008, 01:59
What an odd looking contraption.
You shut your mouth. That was damned stylish (in a peculiar Japanese way) back in the 60s :2thumbsup

Dude, I'd be really happy to be an extra hand with this. Be honoured to work on an early example of Japanese OHC screamer-twin madness :D

bomma
5th May 2008, 16:12
Open-face :crazy:
I was thinkin me in a set of leathers and my shoei helmet would suit it quite nicely.

will that be a one piece?? :drool:

shingo
5th May 2008, 18:48
will that be a one piece?? :drool:

Of course mate. It will be some obscenely bright colour scheme too.

shingo
5th May 2008, 18:50
Dude, I'd be really happy to be an extra hand with this. Be honoured to work on an early example of Japanese OHC screamer-twin madness :D

I've had you pencilled in since you asked in my original thread. Will be good to have someone who has more of an idea than me on how they work too.