PDA

View Full Version : Later SM

bomma
7th May 2008, 14:28
just a short message,

this is a couple of days late but skidmark has taken off down south and it is a one way ticket. before i met him i thot he was a munter and after i did i realised he was a munter but a great guy. will miss having ya come round at night to the vid store to kick tyres mate

dont be a stranger on kb aye

haf fun and stay out of trubble :wari:

Str8 Jacket
7th May 2008, 14:29
Yeah, good luck with everything SM! I really wish all the best for you!

Waits for this to become a bashing thread.... :wait:

Maha
7th May 2008, 14:42
We got really nice pm from him a couple of days ago, I totally understand him, I shake my head at times, but I understand him. There is absolutley no reason why this thread should turn ugly, apart from any short sighted narrow minded members with nothing better to do, getting in here and attempting to get off at the expense of someone whos giving it ago.

Str8 Jacket
7th May 2008, 14:44
There is absolutley no reason why this thread should turn ugly, apart from any short sighted narrow minded memebers

Surely not on KB - TUI!

Maha
7th May 2008, 14:46
Surely not on KB - TUI!

Whats a memeber???....;)
I dont rememeber typing memeber.....:crazy:

Kornholio
7th May 2008, 15:00
Whats a memeber???....;)
I dont rememeber typing memeber.....:crazy:

NEDWIN you dont remember yesterday :p

vifferman
7th May 2008, 15:01
just a short message,

this is a couple of days late but skidmark has taken off down south and it is a one way ticket.
Say what?!? He's gone to live in Antarctica permanently?
I hope he took some woolly undies and penguin repellent! :crazy:

Maha
7th May 2008, 15:04
NEDWIN you dont remember yesterday :p

When exactly was that Kornelious??
I think i had this disccusion the day after two days ago....which (correct me if im wrong) is today's yesterday?

Kornholio
7th May 2008, 15:18
I think i had this disccusion the day after two days ago....which (correct me if im wrong) is today's yesterday?

My head hurts..............

bomma
7th May 2008, 15:20
Say what?!? He's gone to live in Antarctica permanently?
I hope he took some woolly undies and penguin repellent! :crazy:

and he mentioned something about racing slicks too :lol:

Colapop
7th May 2008, 15:25
Come on then, give us the story. What's he up to?

The guy has his problems for sure but has not made things easy on himself by inviting them. I hope he has taken a step for the better. The world would be a darker place if if weren't for people at the extremes polarising opinion and Mark certainly does that!

bomma
7th May 2008, 15:29
Come on then, give us the story. What's he up to?

no story, hes not a spy gone off to infilterate the sheep shagging conspiracies of the south, he got a job offer down south (not as a spy) so he took it....

Colapop
7th May 2008, 15:31
Given his infamy around here, could you give any more real info? "He's gone to ? to do?"

007XX
7th May 2008, 15:33
Good for him! I hope he makes this new situation his own and will be happy with his choice.

bomma
7th May 2008, 15:39
Given his infamy around here, could you give any more real info? "He's gone to ? to do?"

ummm :yes: nah

10char

Ixion
7th May 2008, 15:47
Good on him. And very great props to Mr X for giving him a chance.

And people scoff at prayer. God moves in mysterious ways, but He gets there in the end.

Disco Dan
7th May 2008, 15:58
We had a great conversation about this the other day, it was like he was blind-folded and spun round and round for ages; then someone suddenly stopped him, pointed in the right direction and he went for it.

He's leaving on a plane. He's doing it.

Good Luck Skidmark :2thumbsup

jrandom
7th May 2008, 16:05
Best of luck to Mark. I must say, I'm pleased for him.

I truly hope that this will constitute an end to his unfortunately-publicised series of personal issues, and the start of a new and fulfilling chapter in his still-very-young life.

:cool:

Hitcher
7th May 2008, 16:07
I hope this change of space does him good.

skidMark
7th May 2008, 16:13
Havn't buggered off just yet guys plane flys out on saturday.

Nish bro cheers for the thread lol, i came to say goodbye to ya because it's the last night i could see ya at work (because you arn't working again until sunday)

But yeah, in the middle of packing up as we speak.

Leave the flat tommorrow.

Off to mum and dads to spend some family time with them before migrating south for winter. :cold:

Take care all

Skid.

bomma
7th May 2008, 16:20

Nish bro cheers for the thread lol, i came to say goodbye to ya because it's the last night i could see ya at work (because you arn't working again until sunday)

Off to mum and dads to spend some family time with them before migrating south for winter. :cold:

Take care all

Skid.

haha true!! thought the flight was 6.30 tuesday morning (ie the morning after when you visited) haha sweet azz bro have a safe trip aye :2thumbsup

Badger8
7th May 2008, 16:33
All the best skiddy. You may be a cunt, but you're a good cunt :2thumbsup
(and before anyone gets all up in arms, that's a compliment :yes:)
Hope this change of scenery is a change for the better mate! :niceone:

Ixion
7th May 2008, 16:42

Take care all

Skid.

Well, as you're still here, deal yourself a good clip upside the head. On account like.

Virago
7th May 2008, 16:47
Best of luck Mark.

Make us proud..:wari:

325rocket
7th May 2008, 16:51
good luck with whatever this secret job is. if its in / around wellington give me a yell sometime.

skidMark
7th May 2008, 17:15
good luck with whatever this secret job is. if its in / around wellington give me a yell sometime.

Further south.... CHCH..ish lol

Mom
7th May 2008, 17:24
Take care all
Skid.

Thanks for the PM matey, could not reply for some reason or other...LOL

Make sure you pack your winter woolies, it will be chilly down there for sure. If you are not on KB make sure to email me or something to keep me posted on what is happening for you!

I have complete faith that you will do well. Big changes for you and very exciting too!

Be good now.

:love: Mom

EJK
7th May 2008, 17:28
Laters. Good luck down there (You'll need it) :)

Subike
7th May 2008, 18:57
Hey all you well wishers for Mark.
He will have access to KB via this computor, but limited access lol.
His new boss is expecting him on Monday at 7.30am, ready to head down butt up and work....Well on job training for the first couple of days anyway .
As for the cold, well Im taking him to the Army Surplus store on Sat where we will be buying some quality thermals, over pants, jackets and thick jerseys, pluss hats to keep out the cold.
I hope to get him along to the Susan Marshall Fundraiser starting point on Sat, so he can meet some southern KB'rs, then it will be a glance at the local bike shops before getting our supplies, some other stuff before headding up to Greta Valley.
For those who have been to the Greta bar & Caffe, there are a number of riders who live here in the village, so he will not lack for conversation re bikes.
I am sure his ears will soon be tuned into SH1 on the weekends, as my house is only 50m from it, and I hear every bike that goes by.
He will get to meet a really diverse range of people over the comming winter, from exchange students after a bit of cash, to old timers slugging it out to offset their pensions, he will get involved in many talks with these people who hold years of experiances they like to share.
I know I have had some good convos over the past summer
And there are some attractive ladies work there as well,,,,, who knows?
As I told Mark , when I first offered him the oppotunity, I dont expect him to do anything I cannot do, I think that will be a challenge for both of us.
To be sure we will let you all know how things progress, hopefully there will be some stories for you supporters.
Thanks for supporting Mark in this adventure......I hope I can justify that support
Dave

skidMark
7th May 2008, 19:00
Hey all you well wishers for Mark.
He will have access to KB via this computor, but limited access lol.
His new boss is expecting him on Monday at 7.30am, ready to head down butt up and work....Well on job training for the first couple of days anyway .
As for the cold, well Im taking him to the Army Surplus store on Sat where we will be buying some quality thermals, over pants, jackets and thick jerseys, pluss hats to keep out the cold.
I hope to get him along to the Susan Marshall Fundraiser starting point on Sat, so he can meet some southern KB'rs, then it will be a glance at the local bike shops before getting our supplies, some other stuff before headding up to Greta Valley.
For those who have been to the Greta bar & Caffe, there are a number of riders who live here in the village, so he will not lack for conversation re bikes.
I am sure his ears will soon be tuned into SH1 on the weekends, as my house is only 50m from it, and I hear every bike that goes by.
He will get to meet a really diverse range of people over the comming winter, from exchange students after a bit of cash, to old timers slugging it out to offset their pensions, he will get involved in many talks with these people who hold years of experiances they like to share.
I know I have had some good convos over the past summer
And there are some attractive ladies work there as well,,,,, who knows?
As I told Mark , when I first offered him the oppotunity, I dont expect him to do anything I cannot do, I think that will be a challenge for both of us.
To be sure we will let you all know how things progress, hopefully there will be some stories for you supporters.
Thanks for supporting Mark in this adventure......I hope I can justify that support
Dave

After all this all i can say is thankyou... and i expect bacon and eggs waiting for me when i wake up. :whistle:

scracha
7th May 2008, 19:10
Hope he gets out and about on a bike down there....the roads are amaizing.

onearmedbandit
7th May 2008, 19:14
As I said to you Mark, it's all up to you now.

Str8 Jacket
7th May 2008, 19:16
Dave

I reckon he can! :yes:

ital916
7th May 2008, 19:18
Later skiddy, was hoping to meet you in person at a pool night lol. Best of luck down south and with you new direction, I hope it all works out. :first:

MIXONE
7th May 2008, 19:20
Dave hats off to you mate for giving him the chance and Mark for taking it.Once he acclimatises he will realise what a sweet piece of NZ he's living in and as previously mentioned oh the roads.I still miss them.Not to mention the lack of traffic!!!If he can handle it through a southern winter then there is true hope for him.Luck to you both.

doc
7th May 2008, 19:29
The mere fact that Skiddie has taken on the challenge. ( I think this is huge for him) He will survive and Subike will get him sorted. But people.... think about who the ferk are we going to pick on now.............. sort of like watching your first paper boat you made and hoping it floats

inlinefour
7th May 2008, 19:37
Good on him. And very great props to Mr X for giving him a chance.

And people scoff at prayer. God moves in mysterious ways, but He gets there in the end.

Yup, have to agree. All the best Mark, hopefully this will be the making of you and you'll have thar r6 soon. I've driven (alas not ridden) the roads down south and in the right conditions they are mint!:2thumbsup

Jantar
7th May 2008, 20:34
Now that Mark has a passport, visa and work permit for the South Island, we'll be able to break him away from the bad influence of the Auckland crowd and turn him into a real motorcyclist. :beer:

SixPackBack
7th May 2008, 20:55
Now that Mark has a passport, visa and work permit for the South Island, we'll be able to break him away from the bad influence of the Auckland crowd and turn him into a real motorcyclist. :beer:

Undoubtedly Marks trip and presence in the south Island will raise the collective IQ of both isles, consequently persuading Mark to stay could be a win-win situation:yes:

McJim
7th May 2008, 21:17
Skidmark's heading south? Faark!

I need to move North again.:(

Any jobs up in Auckland?

:rofl:

Squiggles
7th May 2008, 21:33
And there are some attractive ladies work there as well,,,,, who knows?.....I dont expect him to do anything I cannot do, I think that will be a challenge for both of us.

So if he bags them, does that mean you have to as well? :lol:

Subike
7th May 2008, 21:36
So if he bags them, does that mean you have to as well? :lol:

Na, I will just chase their mothers

Grub
7th May 2008, 22:01
This is really good news isn't. :niceone:

This took guts Mark, my hat's off to you. Reading the thread describing your conflict about making the move, people will understand (I hope!) what a difficult and gutsy thing it is for you to uproot yourself from everything that seems familiar and safe and go to another planet. Awesome dude.

I also would like all of those who said (identified in this thread here) (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=71814) that Mark " ... should do it, but he'll just sit on his arse and do nothing ..." to now take the time to acknowledge his guts.

Mark, it might be scary now but I think you're going to have a ball. It has great people, great roads and the North Canterbury area around Culverden and Hanmer Springs is breathtaking. Go well.

Hanne
7th May 2008, 22:29
Good luck Mark, I think it is awesome you have taken this up. Might see you down that way closer to summer!
Best Wishes.

HungusMaximist
7th May 2008, 22:38
You around Friday late arvo Mark?

If you show your face in Auckland Uni, we'll shout you a drink!

The Stranger
7th May 2008, 22:44

Let it go Maha - you weren't there.

gijoe1313
7th May 2008, 22:53
Just remember to keep passing the open windows .... :yes:

skidMark
8th May 2008, 01:32
Just remember to keep passing the open windows .... :yes:

You and ya darn drive through takeaways boy lol

Boob Johnson
8th May 2008, 16:58
Shot Mark, your journey to man hood awaits. Ive given you a lot of shit in the past, well deserved shit as the "soft love" approach hasn't worked (from anyone). Now finally a positive move is about to come to fruition. I for one applaud you. It takes courage to get out of a rut so the first step in your next chapter has been taken, all the hard work lies ahead.

No matter what the outcome I think this will be a catalyst in your life, a real turning point. Good luck & all the best, take it with both hands & suck the marrow out of this life :sunny:

Some things to think about.....

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Mark Twain

"Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving."

Albert Einstein

"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Confucius

Respect yourself & others will respect you.

Confucius

"A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug."

Patricia Neal

ps: get a picture of that R6 & stick it on your fridge (or similar). Something you can focus on each day. Goals need to be written down & visible on a daily basis.

pps: if you want some excellent reading material I have a book you can borrow. It's called "the secret". I have it on DVD also (silly sister bought it for my recent birthday) so you are welcome to read the book.

PM me your new address & ill send it down

All the best
Boob :niceone:

Cr1MiNaL
8th May 2008, 19:36
Mark, you have finally listened to me. Good move mate. Do you want to ride the R6 now? :love:

motorbyclist
8th May 2008, 19:59
don't they have internet access down in the south island? it sounds like he's gone off to a war or something from where we'll never hear from him again or something!

good luck:)

325rocket
8th May 2008, 20:06
don't they have internet access down in the south island? it sounds like he's gone off to a war or something from where we'll never hear from him again or something!

it's the end of an era. Our boy's grown up and he's moving out ;)

Hitcher
8th May 2008, 20:58
And he's taken the spare apostrophes with him. Apparently.

yod
8th May 2008, 21:16
And he's taken the spare apostrophes with him. Apparently.

oh you droll fiend you....

Swoop
13th May 2008, 09:06
Well, good on you for manning up and taking the plunge Mark!

scumdog
13th May 2008, 09:11

There is a thread (somewhere) on KB complete with a pic of Sm in the south - he looks like he has been teleported straight from Auckland to Canterbury, very much a 'city-boy' look about him.

bomma
13th May 2008, 11:27
work last night was quite dull without ya mark....and im not sure why but there were a lot more people in the store....:mellow: go figure :lol:

MIXONE
13th May 2008, 18:00
There is a thread (somewhere) on KB complete with a pic of Sm in the south - he looks like he has been teleported straight from Auckland to Canterbury, very much a 'city-boy' look about him.

You can take the boy out of the city but....