PDA

View Full Version : BANZAI's TO DO list for GN250!!

Pages : 1 [2]

BANZAI
12th July 2008, 14:27
Nooooooooooooooooo! Quick, take it off. Keep her naked - like a woman!

NOoooooo, it looks different. I don't wanna be "Just another GN250 rider".

motorbyclist
12th July 2008, 14:37
lol, should've bought a honda then :p

Choco
12th July 2008, 21:56
It's cool man! I had fluffy dice, you've got race fairings :D
What are you attacking next?

BANZAI
14th July 2008, 02:15
What are you attacking next?

Heheee I bought Knee and shin pad that can be worn on top of jeans not inside for $40 and Iridium Sparkplug for $15 :first:

Mmmmm Japan have lots of good quality cheap stuff for bike :drool:

Normal Handle bar from $20 and Clubman bars from $40!!!!!

motorbyclist
14th July 2008, 12:39
how much is an NC30?

what about pocket rockets?

Choco
14th July 2008, 12:43
Hmm... might be time for a holiday to japan then :bleh:
Let us know if you see any hornets floating around over there

BANZAI
31st July 2008, 00:13
Update time!!!

I went to Xerexesdaphats place and got new handlebars installed!!

This time it's not bent one! :p

Off from his other CB250RS, it's slightly different shape than previous one.

It was pretty straight forward this time except left grip was so hard to take it off (altho WD-40 sort that out lol)

Now it's got slightly bent downwards it's kinda have clipons look but it is placed much higher than actual clip-on.

It feels nicer and I can go down lower to have classic racer riding position :lol:

Problem is I can't see a thing in both of my mirrors now! Probly try bar-end mirrors sometime later :p

And got Iridium plug installed!! I'm not sure if it does anything but probly because of bars, it "feels" faster!!! :Punk:

Thanks heaps to Xerexesdaphat you and your RS is legend!! :first:

Btw I was stupid enough to leave disk lock on and broke the speedo cable...
Argg that's my second speedo cable and this time it didnk break, I broke it...

Remaining TO-DO list
- Bar-end mirrors
- 1tooth bigger front sprocket
- Royal Enfiled lookalike exhaust
:soon:

motorbyclist
31st July 2008, 00:57
- 1tooth bigger front sprocket

where does the speedo cable attach? if it is not on the front wheel your speedo will go out

remember that while a bigger front will give your bike a bit more top speed, you'll lose a bit of acceleration/torque at the same time...

BANZAI
31st July 2008, 01:07
where does the speedo cable attach? if it is not on the front wheel your speedo will go out

remember that while a bigger front will give your bike a bit more top speed, you'll lose a bit of acceleration/torque at the same time...

Speedo cable attach to front wheel, and just because I had disklock it bented cable and I didn't realise it and it did snap inside I think....

I know about Sprocket, but Twinkle(James?) does that and it's common mod in Japan todo for Volty (which got same spec engine and gearing as GN250). Japanese traffic is lot slower than here, but they do it anyway so I guess it would suit in NZ road condition.
So I'll give it a try :yes:

motorbyclist
31st July 2008, 02:01
fair enough

it's not like they cost much or are hard to change around

klyong82
31st July 2008, 08:32
Think you should try to go 1 tooth down to improve acceleration makes the bike alot more revvy. You know that changing one tooth also means your speedo is 5-6% out of sync?

HungusMaximist
31st July 2008, 10:16
Install yourself a bicycle computer which is able to read your speed. Be interesting to see what it reads...

xwhatsit
31st July 2008, 10:49
Think you should try to go 1 tooth down to improve acceleration makes the bike alot more revvy. You know that changing one tooth also means your speedo is 5-6% out of sync?
He doesn't like the high buzzy revs on the motorway in top gear, I don't think he's too worried about acceleration at this stage.

GN250 has speedo drive from the front wheel, so you can fiddle all you like with gearing and sprockets or take the engine out and convert it to a bicycle, and the speedo will stay the same.

klyong82
31st July 2008, 13:19
He doesn't like the high buzzy revs on the motorway in top gear, I don't think he's too worried about acceleration at this stage.

GN250 has speedo drive from the front wheel, so you can fiddle all you like with gearing and sprockets or take the engine out and convert it to a bicycle, and the speedo will stay the same.

Whoops missed that......haha thanks bro

gijoe1313
31st July 2008, 15:37
Heheh good on ya for getting stuck in and making the mods work and Xerxes too for the spannering assist... warms the cockles of my heart that there it does :yes:

By the time Banzai gets done with it, I dare say it will be one of the most tricked Ginnys around! :niceone:

BANZAI
31st July 2008, 17:13
Hmm hmm hmmmmmmm......

I think this time the left side of the handlebar is slightly bent... Not as much as previous bar but I can see it and it is hard to countersteer to left now :pinch:

I guess I do have to buy new bar...

Macstar
31st July 2008, 21:51
It just needs some tassles and a sissy bar now...

http://www.google.co.nz/imgres?imgurl=http://foamandhomedecor.com/images/tassles_1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://foamandhomedecor.com/dezinerdrapery.php%3Fpage%3Dtieback&h=268&w=450&sz=51&tbnid=GpDjrO_wZEsJ::&tbnh=76&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtassles&hl=en&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=3&ct=image&cd=1

xwhatsit
1st August 2008, 00:10
Hmm hmm hmmmmmmm......

I think this time the left side of the handlebar is slightly bent... Not as much as previous bar but I can see it and it is hard to countersteer to left now :pinch:

I guess I do have to buy new bar...
Wah, tits. It's all in your head. Looked dead straight to me :whistle:

I bet we'll find out that due to extended violin playing, your left arm is shorter than the right :D

Must have a look to see what you're doing with your counter-steering. Shouldn't matter really where the bars are, or be `hard' at all, it's only an 18" wheel with fairly mild rake and a light bike.

Remember also that we decided to leave that plastic bar-end cap in on the left hand side, so the grip will be about a centimetre further down the bar compared to the right hand side.

BANZAI
1st August 2008, 10:30
Remember also that we decided to leave that plastic bar-end cap in on the left hand side, so the grip will be about a centimetre further down the bar compared to the right hand side.

:sweatdrop I think it's because of that. If I bring my hand closer to the switch box and give a push, it does countersteer same as right side.

Sorry for that! :o

Still, I do need to grind the front brake lever to make switch come off quicker than what it is now and also guy in Cycletrades suggested me I need new rear brake shoe.....

motorbyclist
2nd August 2008, 23:03
gimmie a look at it!

i need to do the same with my brake, but i think i'll be filing the $5 plastic switch rather than the $18 lever;)

drums aren't hard, though discs are easier

BANZAI
3rd August 2008, 19:48
It just needs some tassles and a sissy bar now...

http://www.google.co.nz/imgres?imgurl=http://foamandhomedecor.com/images/tassles_1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://foamandhomedecor.com/dezinerdrapery.php%3Fpage%3Dtieback&h=268&w=450&sz=51&tbnid=GpDjrO_wZEsJ::&tbnh=76&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtassles&hl=en&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=3&ct=image&cd=1

:no: and No sissy bar... probly pannier case or top box.

gimmie a look at it!

i need to do the same with my brake, but i think i'll be filing the $5 plastic switch rather than the $18 lever;)

drums aren't hard, though discs are easier

It's sorted! Thanks to Zim dropped by to help me take the battery out and adjust the rear-brake light switch and Gijoe for sorting out the bracket and lending me file to scrape bits off from lever :done:

Also thanks for WWH putting new mirrors!! I can see everything behind me now!!!

Choco
5th August 2008, 13:18
:no: and No sissy bar... probly pannier case or top box.

I had a top box on mine and bloody loved it!
Doesn't exactly add to the bike's looks but for the rider makes up for it in convenience!!!
Holeshot on Barry's Point Road have them if you're interested
Choco

PirateJafa
5th August 2008, 15:17
Better add "Pay fines" to the To Do list mate.

klyong82
5th August 2008, 15:18
Pay lots of fines !!

Ragingrob
6th August 2008, 17:34
Oh man that ticket was rough... For every hundred people who never get stopped on their learners, there's one poor bastard who gets a cop who's having a bad day.

BANZAI
6th August 2008, 17:52
I had a top box on mine and bloody loved it!
Doesn't exactly add to the bike's looks but for the rider makes up for it in convenience!!!
Holeshot on Barry's Point Road have them if you're interested
Choco

Yea I want givi box but that's gonna cost me like $100 bucks, I can't pay right now coz I have $550 fines :pinch:

Better add "Pay fines" to the To Do list mate.

Remaining TO-DO list
- Bar-end mirrors (changed to normal longer mirrors)

- 1tooth bigger front sprocket and new chain (do need to get new chain and sproclets. After tighten the chain fuel consumption went up from 26-28km/L to 30km/L! Volty can do 30-40, so gn should be able to achieve that as well!)

-Pay fines.... :no:

klyong82
6th August 2008, 19:05
Yea I want givi box but that's gonna cost me like $100 bucks, I can't pay right now coz I have $550 fines :pinch:

Remaining TO-DO list
- Bar-end mirrors (changed to normal longer mirrors)

- 1tooth bigger front sprocket and new chain (do need to get new chain and sproclets. After tighten the chain fuel consumption went up from 26-28km/L to 30km/L! Volty can do 30-40, so gn should be able to achieve that as well!)

-Pay fines.... :no:

Sell your missus.....and pay the fine....

Choco
6th August 2008, 22:04

:shit:
When did this happen?
What did you do? ride down the wrong side of the road, breaking the sound barrier with a chick on the back??? Or did you get pinged for that good ol Learners rule?

klyong82
6th August 2008, 22:27
When did this happen?
What did you do? ride down the wrong side of the road, breaking the sound barrier with a chick on the back??? Or did you get pinged for that good ol Learners rule?

Trying to overtake a 1000cc on the motorway i guess.. :dodge:

BANZAI
6th August 2008, 22:31
Sell your missus.....and pay the fine....

Meh I can't. Soon I will join SMC(Single Male Club) too...

When did this happen?

Last Friday! I was lane splitting and then I did 100k on 80k limit offramp. Cop must have been watching me for while todo something stupid...

Real_Wolf
7th August 2008, 00:47
yeah, mean crappy luck actually getting busted for the 'travelling over 70' rule

motorbyclist
7th August 2008, 01:08
lucky he didn't get busted for the "doing 100 in an 80k zone" rule

Choco
7th August 2008, 16:41
Bugger dude, on ramps are just too much fun to be legal really. :dodge:

Real_Wolf
7th August 2008, 17:23
nah, my favourite is coming from the north, taking the east port. Nice long long corner there that you can easily take at 100.

Also, 100k in 80k zone is only $120, but travelling over 70 is like $500

motorbyclist
7th August 2008, 17:56
$120 plus 20 demerit points

add a bit more if he's doing 101kph in 80k zone too

BANZAI
8th August 2008, 09:12
I love the hardcore GNing tag lol

Who tagged it? I can give you 1rep for it haha

Choco
9th August 2008, 15:59
I love the hardcore GNing tag lol

Who tagged it? I can give you 1rep for it haha

I'm guilty of that one :sweatdrop
Gotta be pretty hardcore to get a speeding ticket on a Gn though :yes:

motorbyclist
10th August 2008, 02:00
saw a cop sneakily hiding on that southern-to-port offramp today

damn sneaky

BANZAI
12th August 2008, 01:04
http://www.geocities.jp/hutech2/hu-tech/customer/gn250_owner_itou.html

Aftermarket Mags, Oil Cooler, Steering Dumper, rear-sets, allpaint etc...

It's 82 model and loook so shiny!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :drool:

motorbyclist
12th August 2008, 01:14
looks nice

but does it really need a steering dampener?

Squiggles
12th August 2008, 09:46
lol @ the oil cooler.

Choco
3rd September 2008, 00:06
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :drool:

Crap, that guy might try take my record! wait, Ive had something he hasn't! After Market Rust :headbang:

Gotta be pretty hardcore to need a steering dampener :yes:

BANZAI
3rd September 2008, 02:22
hey banz, i hope this photo is clear enough, it shows the fork leg raised up
about 35mm, gn250s have a longish wheel base and very relaxed steering
geometry so no problem with tank slap at all, and ive thrashed this bike
around town, out on country twisties and gravel roads with no probs,
and ive had her up to 130 kph many times lol
i often slip the forks up on bikes to adjust my steering to suit including gb500
and rg150 both of which are relatively quick steering bikes and never had
a problem, but it pays not to go too far with it, but certainly 30mm for a
gn isnt a problem

Sooooo what you guy's think? I only need 30mm, please Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve :p

Soljer99
18th September 2008, 01:02
your L licence limits you to 70kph - that means no motorway riding and for good reason too. if you go do over 80kph with the L plate showing you can expect a ticket. plus you won't be insured in an accident as you're breaking the terms of your licence

Isn't it that the motorway speed LIMITS range from 80kph to 100kph, but that's the LIMIT, meaning it will not be illegal to go slower, say 70kph? :sherlock: (Even some cars on motorway go slower/under the speed limit). If so, then a learner motorcyclist can still use motorway up to 70kph. :cool:Cheers.

motorbyclist
19th September 2008, 20:59
Isn't it that the motorway speed LIMITS range from 80kph to 100kph, but that's the LIMIT, meaning it will not be illegal to go slower, say 70kph? :sherlock: (Even some cars on motorway go slower/under the speed limit). If so, then a learner motorcyclist can still use motorway up to 70kph. :cool:Cheers.

of course you could, but you'd be tailgated and possibly rear ended if you did that in fast moving traffic.

either way you do the crime you pay the fine

Zim_Invader
20th September 2008, 00:26
i figured i may as well just pop in a little message on this thread, as then i'd be name seen in front of 6 threadS!!! hahaha...:devil2:!

so yui, how far with the ultra-super ginny mods? what's on it's way in the box now? (the neons yet? or u finally get a nos kit??)

BANZAI
20th September 2008, 10:17
I need goddamn blooddy $$$ =_="

BANZAI
24th September 2008, 08:19
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=177887081

I wanna go check this one out, anyone want to have a day trip to Waiheke?

Travel cost
http://www.sealink.co.nz/waiheke-island/fares.html
Student/Senior (Return) $ 26.00
Motorcycle only (Return) $ 48.00

So total $74 return.

I never been to Waiheke before, what is it like(or whats the road like) there? Is it worth going with bike??

Squiggles
24th September 2008, 10:24
You missed out on this for a few months before it sold... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-accessories/Exhaust/auction-166286141.htm looked good...that one might take a fair bit of work (brackets, flanges, etc) to mount which wont make it cheap

NOMIS
24th September 2008, 10:35
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=177887081

I wanna go check this one out, anyone want to have a day trip to Waiheke?

Travel cost
http://www.sealink.co.nz/waiheke-island/fares.html
Student/Senior (Return) $ 26.00
Motorcycle only (Return) $ 48.00

So total $74 return.

I never been to Waiheke before, what is it like(or whats the road like) there? Is it worth going with bike??

Waiheke roads suck.. pot holes no markings going out to onewa there lots of moss on the road in certain areas. big ruts in corners. lots of twisties would be good if they where good quality. but there shit for a sports bike, okay if your just having a look at scenery but thats about it.

Oh and the young people that live over there are weird in the head.... and very slutty :-)

xwhatsit
24th September 2008, 12:21
Definitely worth going with a bike. Especially small slow ones like ours. Can happily pootle around the whole island, exploring all the little windy roads which disappear into the hills, visit four different beaches in half an hour. There's some fantastic gravel roads, takes a little time, but you get out to these old WWII tunnels and gun emplacements, really remote.

It's a lovely place to have a bike. Went there for three days or so with the girlfriend, we explored most of the island.

Oh, in terms of parking your bike on the ferry, best off putting it on the side stand and in first gear. More stable than the centre stand; we came home in pretty horrible weather, the ferry was pitching and rolling, but the bike was fine.

BANZAI
4th October 2008, 11:05
GN400 Cafe Racer!!!! :drool:

motorbyclist
4th October 2008, 13:47
holy crap!:drool:

xwhatsit
5th October 2008, 15:30
I love the Manx type. S'what I want for the RS, but the tanks are so damned complicated, usually insanely expensive and I'm fucked if I can ever make something that complex.

I'm coming around to the idea of high pipes though. That is exceptionally tidy.

Squiggles
5th October 2008, 20:10
GN400 Cafe Racer!!!! :drool:

Note how little GN is present in that bike... :laugh:

BANZAI
7th October 2008, 07:38
TO DO list:

Get lid of L-plate

:done:

I'd like to donate my broken L-plate and not broken but dirty L-plate to SMC!!

Thanks heaps to Gijoe who helped me prepare doing U-turns and gave me stuff to polish my bike! It looks shinier than what it used to be! :D :first:

gijoe1313
7th October 2008, 07:57
All good :sunny: nothing like that extra bit o'bling when you do the Meguiar's 3 step plan of polishing perfection! And autosol ... and a large automatic buffing machine ... and rags ... plenty o'rags :yes:

You did well on the u-turning practise, got your radius down to the width of a small country lane (huzzah! no more 3 point turning! :lol:)

Now go and ride, be free and enjoy t3h moar fr33dom of 6R-ness! :scooter:

bomma
7th October 2008, 09:02
hehe it was nice waking up to "no more l-plate :D"

congrats banzai, you're well on your way to the gn140000 you always wanted :niceone:

BANZAI
7th October 2008, 09:47
hehe it was nice waking up to "no more l-plate :D"

congrats banzai, you're well on your way to the gn140000 you always wanted :niceone:

Hehe sorry thought everyone was awake :p

xwhatsit
7th October 2008, 09:56
Hehe sorry thought everyone was awake :p
Feckin' 8.20am you sent that! I think not! :laugh:

Congratulations, well done. Now you can do 100kph on the Harbour Bridge offramp a lot cheaper :Oops:

Slyer
7th October 2008, 18:39
I got dibs on that L plate!

BANZAI
17th November 2008, 12:53
Changed Sprockets finally!

one up in front and standard rear.

Now I can use each gear slightly longer so I can corner with 1st gear without shifting to 2nd in the middle of corner because it tops out.

Also now I can cruise 100kph@5800revs!!! Wow no vibration! :shit:

There are less engine braking so if I shift down before corner, less locking especially 3rd to 2nd and 2nd to 1st.

I do need to get used to it because taking corner slightly lower revs feels bit scary in some places.
Also down hill speeding and then red light is not a good thing as well because brake is poor and less engine brake!

Accerelation haven't really changed probly thanks to my featherlight body :lol:

Overall I like how it is now and can't wait to see beat the Chocos GN land speed record :niceone:

motorbyclist
17th November 2008, 20:05
sounds good - glad you're happy with it:)

BANZAI
17th November 2008, 23:14
sounds good - glad you're happy with it:)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tHCb7CGkUoU&hl=ja&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tHCb7CGkUoU&hl=ja&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Btw this is what new sprockets are used for :bleh:

motorbyclist
17th November 2008, 23:24
no wonder you're leaking oil if you're 'quenching' your motor like that:crazy:

Squiggles
18th November 2008, 07:55
Brave given the corrosion element to the chinese gn's...

klyong82
18th November 2008, 08:16
Thrashing the bike now banzai before you sell it to Squiggles? Nice one.....I give stevo 1 week and the bike will be in pieces....

BANZAI
18th November 2008, 08:20
no wonder you're leaking oil if you're 'quenching' your motor like that:crazy:

That was the first time I did that :p

Brave given the corrosion element to the chinese gn's...

It wasn't salty water and after that we gave a good wash and degreaser so hope its ok :innocent:

Thrashing the bike now banzai before you sell it to Squiggles? Nice one.....I give stevo 1 week and the bike will be in pieces....

Ehehehe, MOAR beach ride to come!!!! :devil2:

klyong82
18th November 2008, 09:17
Ehehehe, MOAR beach ride to come!!!! :devil2:

Give you $10 bucks for all your gear when you leave :eek:

gijoe1313
18th November 2008, 09:38
Give you $10 bucks for all your gear when you leave :eek:

I already have dibs on his pr0n stash :devil2: :wari::shutup:

BANZAI
18th November 2008, 09:52

Heh, I can make you a copy of it but I'll keep the original :D

klyong82
18th November 2008, 12:28
Heh, I can make you a copy of it but I'll keep the original :D

As Bomma always say sharing is caring.....share ya japanese pron stash

motorbyclist
18th November 2008, 15:37

so you're into tentacles too?!

archie-no2
3rd December 2008, 13:13
Where did you buy that new front sprocket from because i have been thinking about getting a new one for a while. Hopefully next year i will be going to bonneville for a archery tournament and want to take my bike to claim the official gn250 land speed record.

archie-no2
3rd December 2008, 13:19
Check out this gn250
http://www.ratbike.org/photos2/y793gn.jpg

xwhatsit
3rd December 2008, 17:32
Check out this gn250
http://www.ratbike.org/photos2/y793gn.jpg
That's Steam's old bike, innit? Where'd he go, anyway?

BANZAI
4th December 2008, 12:29
Where did you buy that new front sprocket from because i have been thinking about getting a new one for a while. Hopefully next year i will be going to bonneville for a archery tournament and want to take my bike to claim the official gn250 land speed record.

Wow someone here also aiming to be the worlds fastest GN! :D

I got it from Haldanes. Unless you doing something to the engine it seems like one tooth up in front is best sprocket mods.

Volty owners in Japan does that quite often.

I did go around 130 in strong wind with this set up :)

archie-no2
4th December 2008, 17:25
maybe you should go to the salt flats also:laugh:
Dosent every gn owner want more out of there bike than what it can give?
Haha. what year is your bike?

BANZAI
22nd December 2008, 15:24
The GN has been sold to its new owner.

I meant to be delivering it to its new owner today and I had time in the morning so I txted few people and Toto could come along with me to do SH16 before I hand the bike and also offered me lift home after that.

Was perfect day for ride and hardly anyone in the road.

Took it really easy but was good pace and also had time to enjoy the scenary :yes:

Go to Totos favourite ice cream shop and had nice ice cream there (girls works there are nice too :bleh:)

Went to Costaville Riverhead afterwards.

I had go on the hooligan here :D

It's loud, it's smooth, it's fast!!!! :gob::shit:

I can totally understand how can Issac lose license on this thing :sweatdrop

Went to new owners place, exhanged items, had a chat and left. Deposit money to bank and didd change of ownership and now it's all gone.

Apparently he will be uni student from next year so he might join SMC and you guys might see the GN again ^^

It was great first bike for me, taught me lots of thing about motorcycling. Thanks for GN and all the people got involved in this especially Stephen and Gijoe:2thumbsup :first:

PS. Can I borrow someone's bike for commuting Till 2nd Jan??? :sweatdrop

TOTO
22nd December 2008, 16:03
and I got to ride the famous GN one last time. So much fun. Will miss that bike.

cheers Banzai.

BANZAI
22nd December 2008, 16:05
and I got to ride the famous GN one last time. So much fun. Will miss that bike.

cheers Banzai.

Thanks heaps today man, bling given :niceone:

Squiggles
5th February 2009, 19:03
An update to the GN saga...

Funnily enough, i saw it today, parked outside the building above my garage... :lol: It still has the fairing but no tank sticker :wari:

Slyer
5th February 2009, 19:49
You're so being haunted.

klyong82
5th February 2009, 22:11
This thread should be deleted.. since Banzai left

EJK
5th February 2009, 22:16

Funnily enough, i saw it today, parked outside the building above my garage... :lol: It still has the fairing but no tank sticker :wari:

Good job to the one who has removed the dodgy sticker :woohoo:

BANZAI
5th February 2009, 23:41

Eh, cool. Man that guy could have told me to take the sticker off coz I would kept it....

He should be uni student this year so you might see that GN ^^

This thread should be deleted.. since Banzai left

Keep this thread!!!!

Good job to the one who has removed the dodgy sticker :woohoo:

It's nice sticker!!! :p

klyong82
6th February 2009, 12:50
It's nice sticker!!! :p

its a kinky sticker.....