PDA

View Full Version : Granma's big off at MT WELLY.

SHELRACING
20th May 2008, 14:52
First of all a BIG THANK YOU to all the people who helped me and Steve on
Sat 17th. I would like to thank everyone personally but...I'm sorry I have no recollection of what happened, or of even being at the track. I have only been told a few things by other people.

Apparently my chain came off and locked up the back wheel and I did a big high side. From the look of my helmet I landed on my left side of my head and must have landed heavily on my shoulder as well. My left clavical (must look up what that is) is broken.

So it looks like I will be out for a while.:(

BigAl
20th May 2008, 14:54
2 months, bugger! Well at least it is Winter.

I noticed your chain had come off the pinion and wrapped itself around the rear wheel and it had to happen at the fastest part of the track!

Are your leathers knackered? I don't know what would be worst injury or having your leathers cut off!

daytona 2
20th May 2008, 16:38
damm that was a big crash..! hope you make a good come-back :niceone:

Aero165
20th May 2008, 17:21
All the best! Hope you have a speedy recovery

boostin
20th May 2008, 17:34
Bummer thats no good!

Clavicle = Collar bone.

If it makes you feel any better it is the most commonly broken bone in the body. I think I must be close to some sort of record having broken mine a total of 4 times. Only one of those was from a high side though...hope you enjoy sleeping on your back :)

All the best for your recovery.

SHELRACING
21st May 2008, 17:16
Thanks guys, my leathers are gone, despite John's best efforts to save them.
My favorite t-shirt is in a few cut up peices, damn I wish I could sleep on my back, but it hurts too much and I can now feel some rather bruised ribs as well.

The good news is the bike is in perfect condition.

Got some good drugs from the health food shop today for fast bone healing.
I wanna be back on the track asap.

Anyway how come a pocketbike can do more damage than when I got bowled by a cage off my cbr600?

Motoworld Powersports
21st May 2008, 21:01
Hey Granma its Troy here. Hope everythings all good. Planing on making an apperance one day.

SHELRACING
25th May 2008, 11:53
Hi Troy,
Will be real nice to see you down there.
We have quite a few riders now.
Well.....one less for a while anyway. LOL