PDA

View Full Version : How does one go about joining the Uni Motorcycle club??

Ryan432
21st May 2008, 20:54
hey,
been rockin' auckland uni since last year and keep meaning to join the club but always miss the club signup days. how does one go about joining? what are the benifits??
Peace

bomma
21st May 2008, 21:01
well you can pm squiggles, our el presidente, or myself (but your best bet is stevo coz im out at tamaki most days) and organise a time to meet and give him $1 (the fee to join) and your in!! (but dont give your money to any of the other guys/gals in the club coz that would just mean you paid $1 for nothing, those thieving pricks).

perks are:
1) we try to organise heaps of rides and stuff as you may have noticed from the threads in this part of the forum.
2) stevo happily runs a fix up night and there are many other members of the club who are happy to help out if you need it.
3) club members enjoy special discounts from wild west honda on parts, servicing, accessories etc.
4) you get invited to join the "members only" social group of the ausmc ;)

there are more perks but i think those are more than enough!!

EDIT: oh and you get to meet the trolls that post up at this end of the forum in person, and most of em are great guys and the rest are great gals!!!

Ryan432
21st May 2008, 21:08
sweet I'll hit him up. cheers

PirateJafa
21st May 2008, 21:10
hey,
been rockin' auckland uni since last year and keep meaning to join the club but always miss the club signup days. how does one go about joining? what are the benifits??
Peace
Rock on up to any SMC gathering, throw a gold coin at the most disreputable person you see (our beloved president) then you're one of the chosen few. :)

Easy as pie.

Cheaper than pie too.

bomma
21st May 2008, 22:14
Rock on up to any SMC gathering, throw a gold coin at the most disreputable person you see (our beloved president) then you're one of the chosen few. :)

Easy as pie.

Cheaper than pie too.

hahahah its funny how the person who is in charge has, in the past, mistaken for a rapist and HE'S the guy that we entrust with the wheelings and dealings of the club!!!! well pointed out pj!!! +1

motorbyclist
21st May 2008, 23:22
perks are:
1) we try to organise heaps of rides and stuff as you may have noticed from the threads in this part of the forum.
2) stevo happily runs a fix up night and there are many other members of the club who are happy to help out if you need it.
3) club members enjoy special discounts from wild west honda on parts, servicing, accessories etc.
4) you get invited to join the "members only" social group of the ausmc ;)

5: 10% off quasimoto stuff too, along with a few other places (plus we have motohaus voucher thingys)
6: we communicate bike-related issues to the university and auckland city council - so far we've gotten marked parking around uni including free access to teh ogg carpark, plus a channel through which to discuss parking warnings issued by the uni
7: free flouro jackets from ACC
8: discounted/subsidised rider training courses, plus the free help with learning/mechanical stuff you shall receive upon asking
9:it's the best damn club around

come join us on friday arvo for some beers (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=64433)

ital916
22nd May 2008, 07:20
hey,
Peace

You have to go through the initiation process, it's quite deadly, not many make it, in fact so many died only a select few made it into the club, hence the exclusivity of the "msc" *haha good on ya banzai, finally motorcycle comes first, he got it, right we all have it wrong*, you can try but your better off just buying your way in by providing nish with sexual favours. :shutup:

Just email stephen and be like I want in, three days later when he comes out of his shed for beer and food he'll reply with a sweet. Done haha.

klyong82
22nd May 2008, 08:58
And the initiation process is nice and simple....you gotta have a bin to be part of the club:dodge:

Squiggles
22nd May 2008, 09:04
or if we cant work out a time you can drop your dollar through the slots in locker...... *will fill this in later :Oops:* under the quad and pm me the rest of the bits i've sent you

Ragingrob
22nd May 2008, 09:04
5: 10% off quasimoto stuff too, along with a few other places (plus we have motohaus voucher thingys)
6: we communicate bike-related issues to the university and auckland city council - so far we've gotten marked parking around uni including free access to teh ogg carpark, plus a channel through which to discuss parking warnings issued by the uni
7: free flouro jackets from ACC
8: discounted/subsidised rider training courses, plus the free help with learning/mechanical stuff you shall receive upon asking
9:it's the best damn club around

come join us on friday arvo for some beers (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=64433)

Yeah? I want one gimme gimme gimme! Where do we get these? The only fluoro jacket I have is XXXL... And thats slightly too big!

Coyote
22nd May 2008, 09:25
Damn, though you were going to go on about Uni Motorcycles. I was thinking "shit, they exist?!". I'm so disappointed.

bomma
22nd May 2008, 10:43
*blah blah blah* you can try but your better off just buying your way in by providing nish with sexual favours. :shutup:*blah blah blah*

have your missus call me on 021 119 5747 and i'll see what i can sort out for ya :buggerd: :cool:

Ryan432
28th May 2008, 19:05
seems I am officailly a member now since i paid my doller 2day at the womenfest signup. (I did notice that there only appeared to be one girls name on the signup sheet tho?). Meet a bunch of you guys but not sure who is who on here?? Will definitly be trying to make it out for some rides in the near future.:scooter:

PirateJafa
28th May 2008, 19:18
Congrats mate! (Oh and did Andrew ever get his bike running? :P)

Ryan432
28th May 2008, 19:53
yea he just push started it in the gap between the grass and the trees, o to have a bike that didnt weigh 200kg...

2wheeljunkie
28th May 2008, 23:09
welcome to the club mate..im kyle..if u remember..lol..got the gpx..:Punk:

Steam
28th May 2008, 23:19
How do you join the uni motorcycling club?

Start by drinking a lot of alcohol.
Remove the front wheel.
The next step is fairly obvious.

motorbyclist
29th May 2008, 00:15
hi ryan, i'm andrew (the blonde guy)

and yeah, sure enough when i went to leave later that night the battery was close to dead again seeing as it never ot a chance to charge

oh, and who is insane1? he's made a request to join the social group

(will get around to posting on kb again sometime before sunday, been going flat out with work and uni shit)

Ryan432
29th May 2008, 09:35
ahh yep i rememba you guys, its good to put faces to kb names. lol

klyong82
29th May 2008, 11:52
I was the guy that rode the CBR929...

Hanne
29th May 2008, 21:02
Hi Ryan.
You met Madison on Wed.:2guns::2guns:

PS Andrew, we missed you at the singing! With a couple of pigtails and one of those short dresses those shaven men were wearing you would be a good baby spice. :first:

rie
29th May 2008, 21:40
I did notice that there only appeared to be one girls name on the signup sheet tho?

i hope that one girl wasn't me. was it? i spent banzai's dollar to get a sausage :p BUT i sang in the quad with hanne (there was no making out, as klyong was sadly led to believe) so that's practically initiation, done!

in retrospect i think we could have pulled a publicity stunt to attract more women. get the boys in dresses zipping through the quad on the pocketrocket etc. :)

Chrislost
29th May 2008, 22:27
in retrospect i think we could have pulled a publicity stunt to attract more women. get the boys in dresses zipping through the quad on the pocketrocket etc. :)

a nice round circle in the middle of the quad yes?

rie
29th May 2008, 23:23
a nice round circle in the middle of the quad yes?

the dresses will be endowed with Magic thereby making possible said circle...as opposed to comic relief as one attempts to control a volatile, ankle-nipping hairdryer on speed around 30,000 students trying to get their lunch.

...which all somehow goes to attracting more women riders for the club, which was my original point. :D

Ryan432
30th May 2008, 19:02
Hi Ryan.
You met Madison on Wed.:2guns::2guns:

PS Andrew, we missed you at the singing! With a couple of pigtails and one of those short dresses those shaven men were wearing you would be a good baby spice. :first:

Who was madison??
Rie: if your name is steph then yes I believe it was you.

I think the key to converting girls (or anyone)to the way of the motorbike is to take them for a ride, lots of people don't understand the beauty of it till they experience it for themselves! :niceone:

klyong82
30th May 2008, 19:19
Who was madison??
Rie: if your name is steph then yes I believe it was you.

I think the key to converting girls (or anyone)to the way of the motorbike is to take them for a ride, lots of people don't understand the beauty of it till they experience it for themselves! :niceone:

Madison is codename a Kawasaki ZZR250 that was our display motorcycle at womanfest and belongs to Hanne. Rie is the korean lady that was at the stand tooo. :love::love:

motorbyclist
31st May 2008, 16:20
korean? i thought (assumed) she was japanese!

klyong82
31st May 2008, 18:06
korean? i thought (assumed) she was japanese!

If she was Japan I think banzai will be super excited..

2wheeljunkie
1st June 2008, 13:00

ahahahaha...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

rie
1st June 2008, 15:13

oh come on now. there are probably far more japanese riders than korean ones. we make ships and hyundais for goodness sake. therefore korean on a bike makes for quite a special spectacle.

2wheeljunkie
1st June 2008, 16:50
dunt forget hyosungs..then again the japs did some of the engine bits didnt they..:laugh:

klyong82
1st June 2008, 17:18
Well the koreans are making and producing some fastastic items especially in terms of automotive and marine goodies.... but I would have to agree that a korean girl on a real bike is something that's special...we need more korean girls on bikes....