PDA

View Full Version : Sign-up stand 27/5 - anyone free?

Hanne
23rd May 2008, 14:10
Hi guys,
Stephen and I went along to the clubs meeting last night (free pizza, woo hoo!) and one of the items talked about was women's fest next week.
On Wednesday 28 May all interested clubs are being given the opportunity to hold a promotional stand in the quad between 11 and 2, with a particular focus on marketing their club to female students between.
This is not to say that we can't sign up male students too, I think it would be a good opportunity to boost our membership overall and also catch some ladies who have come to check out the other activities in the quad.
Please can you let me or Stephen know if you have any time available on Wednesday to help out, even a stand for an hour or two would be better than nothing!
Cheers,
Hanne

PS Oops, typed wrong date in heading >< can someone pls alter, thanks

BANZAI
23rd May 2008, 14:19
I'll be free from 10ish till 3pm. What do I need to do?

Hanne
23rd May 2008, 14:24
I think we will set up with one or two bikes and a table in the quad (maybe a bike and a scooter? WWH might want a scooter of theirs out this time) and have some leaflets like we did last time, deals etc. And sign up sheets of course.
I can't bethere between 11 and 12 (test ><) but will come right after that.

ital916
23rd May 2008, 14:59
I'll help, I can make it at eleven to one thirty if you guys need, I can help set up and unlike some people, hold a conversation with a girl without drooling haha. I would like to get more involved with the club.

Hanne
23rd May 2008, 16:10
I'll help, I can make it at eleven to one thirty if you guys need, I can help set up and unlike some people, hold a conversation with a girl without drooling haha. I would like to get more involved with the club.

Yep, this is not intended to be a cleavage-scavenging event but rather a serious 'join our club' thing! If you could come at 11 that would be excellent, I will help set up beforehand and be back at 12

rie
23rd May 2008, 22:07
notwithstanding my commitment to work, i think i can come actually...! we might be able to convert a few scooter girls.

BANZAI
23rd May 2008, 22:15
So now it's wednesday??

I'm free after 12pm then.

Hanne, Rie and Sophie(Rob's gf, she is Sophie right???) gotta be there to make girls confortable to join!!!

Sooo, do you want my Shiny(Rusty) GN up at the stand?? :p

Ragingrob
23rd May 2008, 22:17
Wednesday's a day off for me, so how bout I'll pop into uni for the whole day and get heapsa study done and come along to the stand.

:2thumbsup Deal.

Disco Dan
23rd May 2008, 22:23
woah let me get this straight...

on wednesday the 28th of May... which just so happens to be my 25th birthday, there is going to be a large group of young hot FEMALE uni students congregating around motorbikes?

AWESOME!

shingo
23rd May 2008, 22:34
I'd offer to help, but no doubt i will be doing a last minute job on my assignment thats due on the same day.

rie
23rd May 2008, 22:35
woah let me get this straight...

on wednesday the 28th of May... which just so happens to be my 25th birthday, there is going to be a large group of young hot FEMALE uni students congregating around motorbikes?

AWESOME!

as a birthday treat we'll let them sit on your bike and make vroom vroom noises.

klyong82
23rd May 2008, 23:48
Nish, where are our Red Bull girls!!:love: perfect opportunity...I think that would attract just about anything that moves...

Disco Dan
24th May 2008, 00:18
as a birthday treat we'll let them sit on your bike and make vroom vroom noises.

Woah... as long as your there! :rockon:

motorbyclist
24th May 2008, 00:34
I can help set up and unlike some people, hold a conversation with a girl without drooling haha.

Yep, this is not intended to be a cleavage-scavenging event

:rofl:
"hey dushii, look! a girl holding a helmet!"

*dushi runs after her*

and when rie first turns up, we're all leaving strata in the elevator, door opens, dushi is there after running from shads to strata, goes "there's a really hot girl over at shads", and then runs off...

Nish, where are our Red Bull girls!!:love: perfect opportunity...I think that would attract just about anything that moves...

promo girls attract guys rather than girls, which i think this event will do anyway

motorbyclist
24th May 2008, 00:35
oh, and i'm good from 11 till 1 for the stand

choose my bike, miine:D

klyong82
24th May 2008, 08:54
Might just pop in at lunch time to see how things are going... Promo girls ? Yeah if the Red Bull girls can attract guys to sign up then I think the club could use the membership proceeds for better purposes like filling up my bike and beemer :shutup:

BANZAI
24th May 2008, 09:07

And Red Bull Royal Enfield with Sidecar!!!

That's so coooooooooooooooooooool(except the red bull painting)

So, we seriously gotta think about what bike we gonna display.

Dushi's new ride from motomail
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/picture.php?albumid=82&pictureid=453

The pocket rocket
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=95818&d=1211065402

:cool:

Just kidding :D

I think one big bike, one small bike, one scooter would do (how limited the space is?)

Kim or Ewen's CBR, Madison or Rie's GPX (or GN) and preferbly Pink Vespa or look-a-likes

klyong82
24th May 2008, 09:31
I think one big bike, one small bike, one scooter would do (how limited the space is?)

Kim or Ewen's CBR, Madison or Rie's GPX (or GN) and preferbly Pink Vespa or look-a-likes

Those pics were cool Banzai....they might just attract unwanted attention too...

Last sign up we had about 7 or 8 bikes parked up by the gym.. mixture of 250's to 1000cc bikes.

PirateJafa
24th May 2008, 09:50
The pocket rocket
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=95818&d=1211065402

Who is the chick with the long ha- oh wait. ;)

Squiggles
24th May 2008, 10:40
1 bike only since it's in the quad. I'll talk to Don at some point but i think he'd be more interested in putting out a scooter or something for re o-week when we'll be out for a couple of days

BANZAI
24th May 2008, 10:46
1 bike only since it's in the quad. I'll talk to Don at some point but i think he'd be more interested in putting out a scooter or something for re o-week when we'll be out for a couple of days

Then it's gotta be really nice, shiny and cute bike lol

Disco Dan
24th May 2008, 11:46
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/picture.php?albumid=4&pictureid=726

Phurrball
24th May 2008, 17:20
I'm pretty free that day - from 10 onwards anyway. Will keep an eye on this thread.

EDIT: What's this thread tag of "sexist"? (down the bottom) Who put that there and why?

ital916
24th May 2008, 17:28
I'm pretty free that day - from 10 onwards anyway. Will keep an eye on this thread.

EDIT: What's this thread tag of "sexist"? (down the bottom) Who put that there and why?
because the sign up is for female riders only, guys can sign up but the stand is not up for them which is odd, Lets set up a guys bike stand sometime with beers and deck chairs and a barbecue and pantera and loud bikes doing burnouts, and strippers. lol Oh I didn't add the tag too.

Hanne
24th May 2008, 17:29

Just one bike, there will be other clubs wanting stands also. Might park Madison up there (on a tactful angle ><)

we want to be visible but not obstruct walkways etc.

And as I said, although the context is WomensFest, the sign up stand is for all interested.

motorbyclist
24th May 2008, 17:29
don't know who put it there, but it seems that NOT having enough girls is a sign of inequality, and therefore sexism, yet targeting girls for a sign up, at an event that targets girls for signup, is ALSO classed as sexism.

pisses me off how the uni goes through all this effort for "equity", making sure committees etc all have the correct proportions of different races and gender rather than who is more qualified for the job, because somehow by deliberately separating people into groups and giving some preferential treatment to "help them along a bit" (thus inevitably excluding one more qualified student because they aren't a minority) is not racist/sexist while treating everyone the same (which, ironically, is the very thing they are trying to say they've achieved) somehow is racist/sexist

Hanne
24th May 2008, 17:31
because the sign up is for female riders only, guys can sign up but the stand is not up for them which is odd, Lets set up a guys bike stand sometime with beers and deck chairs and a barbecue and pantera and loud bikes doing burnouts, and strippers. lol Oh I didn't add the tag too.

See my post above, this is in no way ONLY for female riders. Womens Fest is just the CONTEXT, the reason we have been invited into the quad.

EDIT: you can argue for ages about the validity of the festival itself but what I am interested in here is if anyone is free to help recruit more club members.

Phurrball
24th May 2008, 17:45
No doubt some sort of subtle, flame war provoking tactic by an 'outsider' :shutup:(Ooooooooooo! Outsiders! Quick, fetch the pitchfork and burning torches!!!)

I'm a believer in positive discrimination, because various fields of endeavour often end up having a dominant socio-cultural hegemony of some sort - even though they may exist to serve society as a whole.

Being more representative of the needs of society as a whole by virtue of a societally representative socio-cultural makeup is a 'good thing' in a general sense.

I do get where MB is coming from - the rebalancing should NOT come at the cost of hiring/appointing a lesser-qualified individual. That does not serve anyone best.

BANZAI
24th May 2008, 18:50
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/picture.php?albumid=4&pictureid=726

Hmmm it doesn't work at all... only white blank page come up.

ital916
26th May 2008, 17:25
I have a test till from eleven to twelve forty, will pop around after that to help.

Folcan
26th May 2008, 18:27
I might be able to come, but probably not be much help :P, that is in respect to being able to get people to join the club

BANZAI
26th May 2008, 21:04
Hey isn't it good idea to print some of last friday ride's photo and stick it on the table we will get for sign-up stand?

And few more photos that might interest ppls to join.

I can print some of practice day photos as well ;)

I might be held up till 1pm.

motorbyclist
26th May 2008, 21:29
just realised ic cant make it this week due to tests

HungusMaximist
26th May 2008, 21:48
Stephen/Hanne might wanna take in that at the moment its exam/assignment period and probably not the best time for people to join up to clubs etc...

However, after the semester break, that's another story...

Squiggles
26th May 2008, 21:49
This is just for a few hours for womensfest, next semester will see a couple of days of signups

HungusMaximist
26th May 2008, 21:52
This is just for a few hours for womensfest, next semester will see a couple of days of signups

Oh yes, I missed the point... :hug:

Hanne
27th May 2008, 18:49
This is just a mini sign up, I reckon we will still get a few more though, and then they could join us on some rides in the inter-semester break.

Banzai, if you want to print some pics then bring them along, the bike by the stand should be quite a good ad ofr what we are though.

And Folcan, it'd be awesome to see you for a bit too. Stephen will be there from 11, I will come at 12, and Dushy and Banzai also, so come say hi!
Will have sign up sheets and maybe some cheesecutter petitions also (they are atarting to collect them btw, if anyone has sheets/ hasn't yet signed)

See some of you tomorrow,

Hanne (021 057 0749)

bomma
27th May 2008, 18:53
haf fun guys n gals!! and make sure to get attention by revving your crotch-rockets to redline!! :2thumbsup

ital916
27th May 2008, 20:31
Test has been moved to ten so I will be there at twelve guys.

Hanne
27th May 2008, 22:34
Test has been moved to ten so I will be there at twelve guys.

12 o clockers ftw!

BANZAI
28th May 2008, 08:04
Banzai, if you want to print some pics then bring them along, the bike by the stand should be quite a good ad ofr what we are though.

Can't get memory card from ewen so guess it's gotta be next time. Unless someone else have other photos from other rides!

I'll try see you guys at 1-ish!!!

EDIT: Just got TXT from Ewen, see what I can do, see you guys!!

PirateJafa
28th May 2008, 08:52
I'll drop by depending on how long it takes them to Xray me - and assuming that someone txts me where it is! :P

klyong82
28th May 2008, 09:12
Can't get memory card from ewen so guess it's gotta be next time. Unless someone else have other photos from other rides!

I'll try see you guys at 1-ish!!!

EDIT: Just got TXT from Ewen, see what I can do, see you guys!!

I got plenty of pics from other rides.....and tons of pics Hanne posing !!(could make a fortune with the pics just like celebrities) woo hoo

Hanne
28th May 2008, 09:20
I got plenty of pics from other rides.....and tons of pics Hanne posing !!(could make a fortune with the pics just like celebrities) woo hoo

I have just been trawling this forum looking for suitable print outy pictures >< Have not found many though, all hiding somewhere.

klyong82
28th May 2008, 09:51
I have just been trawling this forum looking for suitable print outy pictures >< Have not found many though, all hiding somewhere.

What sort of pics you're after? I got pics from our rides.....group photos....crazy photos, little Hanne photos...biker chick photos..

Samples pics ...hope you guys dont mind me putting these up...

gijoe1313
28th May 2008, 12:10
I hope the sign up gets some results even if just putting it out there in people's minds! :yes:

Nice day for it too ... sigh ... I am invigilating a Yr12 exam in my English room at the moment. Very quiet and boring ... wish I was riding my bikes! :scooter:

Good luck for the stand! :niceone:

Ragingrob
28th May 2008, 12:40
Yep hope the stand's going well, I can't make it in today guys, gonna play some tennis with my old man who is 50 today :woohoo:

motorbyclist
29th May 2008, 00:48

lol i think having to roll start the viffer, trying to repair the tail light, having the viffer and madison playing "wheelsies" plus the usual shit talking/dushi bashing/epic biker's arguments while standing around admiring the girl in white jeans (plus that blonde standing to her right for a while) was a good ad of what we are too:bleh:

next time we set up a minimoto track and have races around the quad - that should get a fair bit of publicity and signups:clap:

Ragingrob
29th May 2008, 09:32
So what's the outcome? I've heard that one new girl signed up, and a couple of guys, sound about right?

BANZAI
29th May 2008, 10:30
Yea thats about it. Rie wrote her name on sign up sheets but she spent $1 on sausage sizzle :p

klyong82
29th May 2008, 11:56
Yea thats about it. Rie wrote her name on sign up sheets but she spent $1 on sausage sizzle :p

To add....Rie and Hanne did a karaoke of Stop-Right Now and got extreme making out vouchers.....no no....I mean extreme makeover vouchers..:lol:

BANZAI
29th May 2008, 12:16
To add....Rie and Hanne did a karaoke of Stop-Right Now and got extreme making out vouchers.....no no....I mean extreme makeover vouchers..:lol:

Rie and Hanne gonna do extreme making out? :drool:

-run away before Madison and GPX will run me over-