PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki A100 performance...

ACE_100
30th May 2008, 16:04
hey guys,
i would be realy interested if anyone has any infomation about performance upgrades for a Suzuki A100, what sort of power and speeds are accheavable from these little monsters and how to go about it. any infomation on how to make the little thing go faster would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Peter

Maverick
30th May 2008, 16:11
Oil helps... Aye Justin.. :Pokey::dodge:

geoffm
30th May 2008, 20:36
hey guys,
i would be realy interested if anyone has any infomation about performance upgrades for a Suzuki A100, what sort of power and speeds are accheavable from these little monsters and how to go about it. any infomation on how to make the little thing go faster would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Peter

There used to be a factory racekit for them (don't laugh) with bigger carb, barrel, spannie and possibly the rotary disk. Put the power into the double figures. The factory also put out tuning and porting info, which i lost in a move. Sorry that isn't much help, but the info used to be out there.
Geoff

gijoe1313
31st May 2008, 00:19
Oil helps... Aye Justin.. :Pokey::dodge:

Nah it didnt at first, but after you seize it and threaten it with a block and mallet it actually goes better than before!

Now that I have another A100 to play around with, will see what I can do to improve it as well! :lol:

Hmmm I'm just settling for getting them road worthy at the moment :lol:

McJim
31st May 2008, 00:24
Hmmmmm - Suzuki A100 performance. Isn't that an oxymoron?

xwhatsit
31st May 2008, 00:40
Nah it didnt at first, but after you seize it and threaten it with a block and mallet it actually goes better than before!

Now that I have another A100 to play around with, will see what I can do to improve it as well! :lol:

Hmmm I'm just settling for getting them road worthy at the moment :lol:
I'll remind you that I saw an indicated 120kph (downhill) :innocent:

GiJoe1313's A100, once you get it into top gear, pulls quite nicely. Keeps up with motorway traffic, certainly. Great little bike. Then again, I'm a skinny lightweight little bastard. Getting down over the bars definitely helps :laugh:

ACE_100
31st May 2008, 11:19
I'd love to get hold of one of these kits, but i dont think i'll have any luck at all finding one. porting is easy enough but mod'ing the disc valve i'd have no idea about how to shape the port to achieve a power gain and not stuff the timing. what sort of carb did they use in there kits? is it available from another bike?

koba
17th August 2008, 21:34
I'd love to get hold of one of these kits, but i dont think i'll have any luck at all finding one. porting is easy enough but mod'ing the disc valve i'd have no idea about how to shape the port to achieve a power gain and not stuff the timing. what sort of carb did they use in there kits? is it available from another bike?

Get yourself a good book on twostroke performace, like the one by A. Graham Bell.

geoffm
18th August 2008, 21:57

It is years since I read the instructions - as I recall it was a 20-22mm VM Mikuni. Best bet woudl be a PWK Kiehen - you can buy them new from scooter hotup places and they are a flat slide carb. the 28mm ones are the biz on RD350LCs.
You need to measure the ports very carefully and calculate the port time area, before you get into it.
Read AG Bell's 2 stroke book first
also Jennings: http://www.chuckbunnell.com/kart/jennings/jennings.html
If you get really keen, borrow Prof GP Blairs 2 books from the library. I own them - they are very good, very technical, and very expensive.
If you want to dyno it (and you should, before, during and after) let me know.
Geoff

Edit: I see you are in Sydney - the offer of dyno time won't be much good to you....

craisin
1st September 2008, 06:36
points ignition are too old nowdays but i had good results on a yb125 yamaha with points eg put a ballast resistor and a car coil in the system:done:starts better hot and cold. the coil is a Bosch GT40 sports coil:Offtopic:but it didnt fix the crankcase seals or oil leaking out of the gearbox but it can wheelstand

awayatc
1st September 2008, 07:20

Can't remember the degrees the disc can handle, but you can still get them new on e bay....
Info was available through library many moons ago......You want to give fuel a bit earlier, but bugger all if any later....
Gains are to ne made with exhaust/bigger carb, but porting was the main one.
Also different pistons were available...(piston/head to increase compression..)
Seek and you will find the info you need. Yamaha used same disc thing as well for a while....(degrees opening will apply to all brands)
)

speedpro
1st September 2008, 17:08
Early '80s whilst looking at a microfiche of parts we saw some kit barrells listed as available from Suzuki Wanganui. As a laugh we ordered all 5 that were supposedly there. All 5 turned up. Cost was $15 each. Mate and I around that time also bought an A100 with a full race kit fitted for $50. I got the wheels which had bigger brakes and rims for my AC50. He scored all the motor bits. Apart from the bridged ex port there wasn't a whole lot you couldn't just do yourself.

rok-the-boat
1st September 2008, 21:32
Get some mild port work done on the barrel and skim the head ever so slightly. Did a GT50 once and it went like crazy. With a disc valve it is easy to alter hte disk but you have to get it right. Bigger carb? An old GP125 one might fit ...

katana14
12th December 2010, 18:41
Early '80s whilst looking at a microfiche of parts we saw some kit barrells listed as available from Suzuki Wanganui. As a laugh we ordered all 5 that were supposedly there. All 5 turned up. Cost was $15 each. Mate and I around that time also bought an A100 with a full race kit fitted for $50. I got the wheels which had bigger brakes and rims for my AC50. He scored all the motor bits. Apart from the bridged ex port there wasn't a whole lot you couldn't just do yourself.

by chance you havent got any barrels left have you ??