PDA

View Full Version : Next fix-it day?

Squiggles
17th June 2008, 20:50
When we going to have it. I've got me shock back and ready to fit along with the master cylinder kit, rear header gasket (precautionary) and a few wiring mods (clutch and sidestand bypass, and a couple of extra groundings). So brakes are on the agenda for the tl, the gn, and madison. And the tl will probably spend most of the day with no rear wheel.

Was thinking of this saturday or sunday... tl has to be done before next weekend as thats rrrs. Forms in by this fri at the latest btw.

Ragingrob
17th June 2008, 20:59
Don't think I'll be able to sacrifice a whole day of study this weekend sorry :(

Can NOT wait till hols and riding though! Are you heading to Shad's after your exam monday?

Squiggles
17th June 2008, 21:14
TL has to be done this weekend so i can use it at rrrs :)

motorbyclist
17th June 2008, 21:21
i'm probably triple booking, but i'm good for the weekend...

Squiggles
17th June 2008, 21:25
i'm probably triple booking, but i'm good for the weekend...

you, me, banzai's gn, tomorrow at 10.

Bring a set of 3/8th sockets, off the top of my head thats the size my small torque wrench takes... only need 8 10 and 12 ;)

motorbyclist
17th June 2008, 21:28
right

have $30 ready for the pocket rocket in the boot of my car

BANZAI
17th June 2008, 21:33
And what was about tappets? He need something for valves right?

Can you help me fitting fairing that I bought?

I can fit them to lights at the seller's place coz he got tools and stuff, but it does need different top bracket I think.

I'm planning to pick the fairing up sometime soon. If you do it on Sat will pick it up on Friday, if you do on Sun, will pick it up on Saturday.

PirateJafa
17th June 2008, 21:34
Oi Squiggles!

You are at mine this Sunday and don't forget it. :spanking:

Anyone else is more than welcome to turn up though - I think there's even some beverages in the beer fridge! :O

Squiggles
17th June 2008, 21:48
right

have $30 ready for the pocket rocket in the boot of my car

roger :D

i've got the tools for the valve adjustment banzai

I think sat is best... opinions?

PirateJafa
17th June 2008, 21:50
I can do Sat. :)

BANZAI
17th June 2008, 21:55
roger :D

i've got the tools for the valve adjustment banzai

I think sat is best... opinions?

Ok, see you guys tomorrow!!

Sat is good or do it on Sunday at Jafa's place lol

Hanne
17th June 2008, 21:56
I have a shock to fit before rrrs too! Eek, anyone know how long approx that would take?

Edit: And stephen, if you are making plans for another bike you better be sitting your restricted, like, tomorrow!

motorbyclist
17th June 2008, 22:30
wait, so tomorrow AND sunday? i'll keep my tools out in that case

oh, and can i borrow a bike tomorrow?

i've got to bring my car due to pocket rocket, and planned purchase of some munitions, but also need to stop by in uni around 1230 for 15minutes and don't wanna be stung for parking and/or have my car broken into and aforementioned munitions stolen

Squiggles
17th June 2008, 22:35
my gn's running...

shingo
17th June 2008, 22:50
my gn's running...

You better go catch it then

:killingme :killingme :killingme

BANZAI
17th June 2008, 22:57
If my GN's gasket done by that time then you can ride it :yes:

motorbyclist
17th June 2008, 23:36
sweet i'll mad-max westie style it to uni :D

motorbyclist
18th June 2008, 08:29
so this fix it day is on sunday right? i'm booked for saturday

2wheeljunkie
18th June 2008, 08:40
damn u ppl with your spread out exams..!!!! i cant do this sat...bastards..:weep:...bt good luck with the shock fitting..exam finished at 12..will rock around then on sat if it goes down..!! is the pcket rocket / rc car race goin down??

Hanne
18th June 2008, 11:27
damn u ppl with your spread out exams..!!!! i cant do this sat...bastards..:weep:...bt good luck with the shock fitting..exam finished at 12..will rock around then on sat if it goes down..!! is the pcket rocket / rc car race goin down??

My exam finishes at 11.30 on sat :pinch:
Madison might be in pieces for a while! Think we will have to start tomorrow to get her done....

shingo
18th June 2008, 14:35
rc car race goin down??

I cant make it as i have work, if they moved it to Sunday i'd be there.

ital916
18th June 2008, 15:27
And what was about tappets? He need something for valves right?

Can you help me fitting fairing that I bought?

I can fit them to lights at the seller's place coz he got tools and stuff, but it does need different top bracket I think.

I'm planning to pick the fairing up sometime soon. If you do it on Sat will pick it up on Friday, if you do on Sun, will pick it up on Saturday.

Did you buy a fairing for the gn...for the love of god why?...:crazy:...spend money on a new helmet instead...and don't drop it within thirty second.

Did you get a bikini fairing...colour? Thats adding unnecessary weight to the ginni. You should be chopping bits off bud. You don't need no stinking seat, or guards, or exhaust, or fuel tank. Just rig up a milk bottle.

PirateJafa
18th June 2008, 15:30
so this fix it day is on sunday right? i'm booked for saturday
Yer, Fix It day will be at Jafarr's this Sunday.

Ragingrob
18th June 2008, 15:31
Is your bike running fine now Dushy?

Squiggles
18th June 2008, 17:50
Yer, Fix It day will be at Jafarr's this Sunday.

my place on sat first :D

PirateJafa
18th June 2008, 17:53
Both!

10char

klyong82
18th June 2008, 18:22
Is your bike running fine now Dushy?

I guess it is not since he is avoiding the question couple of times.

Ragingrob
18th June 2008, 18:43
I guess it is not since he is avoiding the question couple of times.

Avoided it like the plague he has! Had many offers on your bike Kim?

klyong82
18th June 2008, 19:00

Yes but I think I am keeping it been offer to trade it for a gixxer 04 and 07.....but love the bike to bits.....dont have the balls to let her go yet....I love sitting on her everynight in the garage while brushing my teeth..haha I know I am sick...:hug:

ital916
18th June 2008, 19:22

Question, do you just ride off symonds street and through that corridor to get to the underground car park? Need to know how to get there so I can park my bike there for the chiller.:shifty:

She's running, she'll be home friday morn. I just need to get her woffed and then she's sweet as furpie.

ital916
18th June 2008, 19:25
Yes but I think I am keeping it been offer to trade it for a gixxer 04 and 07.....but love the bike to bits.....dont have the balls to let her go yet....I love sitting on her everynight in the garage while brushing my teeth..haha I know I am sick...:hug:

well as long as you use protection.

Ragingrob
18th June 2008, 19:26
Question, do you just ride off symonds street and through that corridor to get to the underground car park? Need to know how to get there so I can park my bike there for the chiller.

:2thumbsup So your bike is all go then?

Na don't do that cause Uni gets pissed off and will take away our parking!!! On Princes st just past the pedestrian lights going towards Wellesley(sp?) st on the left there is the staff carpark entrance, you can go in that entrance and along the footpath which takes you past the barrier :shifty:

motorbyclist
18th June 2008, 23:25
Question, do you just ride off symonds street and through that corridor to get to the underground car park? Need to know how to get there so I can park my bike there for the chiller.:shifty:

go princes st!

just downhill form ped crossing is access to parking - take footpath on left of gates and squeeze through

or else!

Chrislost
18th June 2008, 23:44
we need to get a plank to put there as a ramp aye
i think a 3 foot long bit of 2x4 will work nicely, that curbs effing massive to my poor shagged shock

motorbyclist
18th June 2008, 23:55
if you got a bit of 6x2 and laid it flat up against the curbs it would help and hopefully no-one would remove it (till some noob flings it out from the curb with his rear wheel)

Hanne
19th June 2008, 10:16
we need to get a plank to put there as a ramp aye
i think a 3 foot long bit of 2x4 will work nicely, that curbs effing massive to my poor shagged shock

Yeah that is a fun curb on Madison, too!

xwhatsit
19th June 2008, 11:31
if you got a bit of 6x2 and laid it flat up against the curbs it would help and hopefully no-one would remove it (till some noob flings it out from the curb with his rear wheel)

Rofl -- getting up there on an RD250LC is interesting, especially for a thumper-man like myself. Little bit of throttle, let out the revs; *ngggggg* *nothing happens*. Hmm. Little bit more revs. *ngggggg*, going nowhere. These two-strokes sure are gutless, aren't they?

Rev up past 5,500rpm -- *nggggggBWOAAAAAAAR* wheelspin, front wheel bounces up over curb, look out pedestrians!

I would be the n00b you speak of flicking the board out the back :sweatdrop

Y'all need 18" wheels, btw. My RS has no problems, despite worst suspension ever. Dunno how those GPXs and VT250s do it with the toy bicycle 16" fronts.

rie
19th June 2008, 11:51
Dunno how those GPXs and VT250s do it with the toy bicycle 16" fronts.

i was blindly following kim through into the underground carpark, having NEVER been there before and he shoots between the gap, i'm thinking: "sweet i can get in fineOMFGKIMYOUBASTARD*KATHUNKADUNK*"

xwhatsit
19th June 2008, 11:53
i was blindly following kim through into the underground carpark, having NEVER been there before and he shoots between the gap, i'm thinking: "sweet i can get in fineOMFGKIMYOUBASTARD*KATHUNKADUNK*"

Hehehe, I thought you could just get off the bike and pick it up?

rie
19th June 2008, 12:22
Hehehe, I thought you could just get off the bike and pick it up?

oh yes. i could have flipped the bike over my shoulder and carried it down.

if i had known there was a curb there.

klyong82
19th June 2008, 12:29

Hey that's our secret Rie....if I can do it then no problem for you :laugh: it was that moment too that I saw what nice legs you have :laugh:

rie
19th June 2008, 12:39
Hey that's our secret Rie....if I can do it then no problem for you :laugh: it was that moment too that I saw what nice legs you have :laugh:

:oi-grr: i can only forgive you. i know it's hard finding a woman your own size.

klyong82
19th June 2008, 12:42
:oi-grr: i can only forgive you. i know it's hard finding a woman your own size.

Ohh now that I think you and I should sit down someday and I can tell you more about it...:psst:

rie
19th June 2008, 12:49
Ohh now that I think you and I should sit down someday and I can tell you more about it...:psst:

i saw a vid of a dwarf (sorry, 'little person') riding the 07 GPX. but seriously kim. i don't want to talk about your dwarf conquests. they're people too.

BANZAI
19th June 2008, 12:51

.........:nono:

klyong82
19th June 2008, 12:59
i saw a vid of a dwarf (sorry, 'little person') riding the 07 GPX. but seriously kim. i don't want to talk about your dwarf conquests. they're people too.

.........:nono:

Goodness gracious....where are you going with this... I guess you gonna have to know me that I ain't that sort kinda of person...:sweatdrop

rie
19th June 2008, 13:06
Goodness gracious....where are you going with this... I ain't that sort kinda of person...:sweatdrop

said "klyong82 - Forum whore"

Macstar
19th June 2008, 13:09
Does Kim still ride? Last time I saw the CBR out was back at Queens Birthday... Maybe he is 'chosing' his moments carefully now....?!

Macstar
19th June 2008, 13:10
No sorry, Easter weekend, not Queens! - Jeez that was 3 months ago!!

klyong82
19th June 2008, 13:17
said "klyong82 - Forum whore"

Yeah and I'm pretty good in it haha

Does Kim still ride? Last time I saw the CBR out was back at Queens Birthday... Maybe he is 'chosing' his moments carefully now....?!

Hey bro yeah have not seen you for a while too. I ride my bike almost everyday to work now that petrol prices are starting to hurt when I drive the car. Been to several rides with banzai etc....but yeah kinda choosing my rides too currently working on a business plan...

Coro-loop then people 6 July...would be good to catch up with all of you.:scooter:

xwhatsit
19th June 2008, 14:57
Funny that; whoever the actress is who plays Lane Kim off Gilmore Girls (my... er... sister watches it and stuff :whistle:) rides a GPX250. Dwarfbike ftw!

ital916
19th June 2008, 19:05
Mechanic said he couldn't get clipons on my bike cos the left (or was it right) hand one interfered with something and the only way to do it was put the clipons half way down the forks. Soooo...i think i'll just install them myself above the triple clamp then ;). Anyway, I need a hand to bash and install them and prob adjust the throttle cables to suit so yeah anyone keen.

PirateJafa
19th June 2008, 19:09
Sunday I'll help. :)

motorbyclist
19th June 2008, 19:15
bring it on sat/sun then

i'll txt tomorrow if i'm in the area

bomma
19th June 2008, 19:44
^ someone take a video camera

ital916
19th June 2008, 20:41
sunday will probably be best. I'll be busy all of tomorrow getting her all sorted so yeah sunday sounds good. will double check plans though for the wekend don't wanna double book and do need to study.

HungusMaximist
20th June 2008, 09:02
Yet to see Dushys tin can... :lol:

I gotta do a few things, I can only do Saturday, Sunday I busy till 4ish.

BANZAI
20th June 2008, 12:30
Hey if the piston of GN is not done by Sunday morning, can anyone give me a lift to pakuranga to pick up the fairing? Have to get there at 10am so leave uni at around 9:30am??

Hopefully it's done by today but haven't heard anything about the parts...

Free lunch for reward!!! :msn-wink:

EDIT: Noooo!!!!!!!! Parts won't arrive till next tuesday :weep:

I need lift pleeeeease!!!!!!! :crybaby:

EDIT2: Anyone free tomorrow? Before or during fix night. I need to text the seller by tonight to let him know when I am coming so that he can leave it in his trailer at his place.

motorbyclist
20th June 2008, 13:21
need a lift saturday or sunday?

BANZAI
20th June 2008, 13:30
need a lift saturday or sunday?

Saturday please. So that I can get fairing and put it on at Stephen's

Sunday gonna be held at Jafa's right? No acess to my GN, so preferbly pick it up before or during fix day tomorrow and do fairing tomorrow.

motorbyclist
20th June 2008, 14:00
right, i can't promise i'll even be there on saturday

but sunday i can take you to pick the fairing up, drop it a stevos and continue to jafa's

HungusMaximist
21st June 2008, 19:42
Saturday please. So that I can get fairing and put it on at Stephen's

Sunday gonna be held at Jafa's right? No acess to my GN, so preferbly pick it up before or during fix day tomorrow and do fairing tomorrow.

Come on mate, haven't you used the high effiecient Auckland public transport?

I

Hanne
21st June 2008, 22:52
Forks.
Friday.
Fix-it.

Ok enough 'f' s, see y'all 2mo at jafas

motorbyclist
21st June 2008, 23:14
yeah i could do with a good forking

friday it is then:p

MGST
22nd June 2008, 09:46
Funny that; whoever the actress is who plays Lane Kim off Gilmore Girls (my... er... sister watches it and stuff :whistle:) rides a GPX250. Dwarfbike ftw!

Keiko Agena :scooter:. She's hot :love:

Maybe she rides a Kwaka 'cos he husbands last name is Kawasaki?? ( no shit, it really is ). Even though she is Korean on the show, she's actually Hawiian ( sp? ).

My... er... sister watches it and stuff too :whistle:

PirateJafa
22nd June 2008, 10:28
For those of you who don't know my address, txt me on 02X XXX XXXX. :)

motorbyclist
23rd June 2008, 00:39
right, so that was a reasonably successful fix it

closed up the gaps around the headgasket and closed the 2mm sparkplug gap back down to approx .8mm and she goes!

passed on the 2strokeritis to the nissan silvia parked next to it though:rofl:

ehab2weelr
9th July 2008, 10:55
so any one knows when the next one is? need to do a few tuch ups to get the gixer on the road.....

Zim_Invader
9th July 2008, 12:51
next friday! that way we can adjust the throttle on my new bike. it's bit loose. - only get it next week friday as well

klyong82
9th July 2008, 13:21
next friday! that way we can adjust the throttle on my new bike. it's bit loose. - only get it next week friday as well

Honda's will be easy....and while we are at it just need to lube all the cables

BANZAI
9th July 2008, 17:25
So can I have a look at photos of last fix night we had??? :whistle:

motorbyclist
9th July 2008, 18:19
viffer *might* be beginning to burn oil after the last 20000km of me raping it, plus the other 40000 of prior owners thrashing it, and all the while an obviously lax maintenance schedule

full top end rebuild, anyone?:D

:D
superstoked - i found another toolkit in my MAN shed. none of this quarter inch BS; 1 inch drive, bar and ratchet with extention and sockets up to 2 inches PLUS 3 lapping sticks of varying sizes, that would even fit the GN valves

Phurrball
10th July 2008, 20:15
^^^

Want to play with a grown up viffer Andrew?? :wari:

motorbyclist
10th July 2008, 20:27
yeah, it'd be good practice, uhh, i mean experience :P

as long as it has gear driven cams:drool:

(any excuse to show off my new MAN tools really)

Squiggles
10th July 2008, 20:35
Another one is on the cards, but not till i've got the tl sorted

motorbyclist
10th July 2008, 21:16
when do those parts arrive?

klyong82
10th July 2008, 21:57
Haha I think he even has a TLR engine in the corner of his garage so when ya putting it into the TL frame.....

ehab2weelr
11th July 2008, 09:30
soooo when is the fix it day? hahah

Squiggles
11th July 2008, 10:17
Might have fixed it.... testing will commence next monday :P

klyong82
11th July 2008, 11:57
Might have fixed it.... testing will commence next monday :P

why not at the coro trip? making excuses again eh

Phurrball
11th July 2008, 19:54
yeah, it'd be good practice, uhh, i mean experience :P

as long as it has gear driven cams:drool:

(any excuse to show off my new MAN tools really)

They be gear driven.

They make a rather fetching backing chorus to the main soundtrack of the Two Bros can.

Mmm - vee four...:drool:

Need I say more?

:scooter::woohoo::wari: