PDA

View Full Version : MC22 gear lever price?

CB ARGH
25th June 2008, 15:49
Was quoted in the hundreds for a GEAR LEVER for a CBR 250!

Is this right? Sorry... nooby question I know. But it's just a stupid stick with a spring, can't be that complicated.

NOMIS
25th June 2008, 16:02
Was quoted in the hundreds for a GEAR LEVER for a CBR 250!

Is this right? Sorry... nooby question I know. But it's just a stupid stick with a spring, can't be that complicated.

Ill sell you the one off my bike for $20 cheaper than what they quoted you ;-)

Ragingrob
25th June 2008, 16:04
You got a CBR? Nice one!

Honda will quote you hundreds of bucks for a sack full of nothin'. Best option is to check out the wreckers :niceone:

NOMIS
25th June 2008, 16:07
You got a CBR? Nice one!

Honda will quote you hundreds of bucks for a sack full of nothin'. Best option is to check out the wreckers :niceone:

Dont tell him that ill sell him my origional Honda one :-)

The Pastor
26th June 2008, 10:14
Is Your One Repairable?

The Pastor
26th June 2008, 10:16
THINKING ABOUT IT, MY OLD GPZ1000RX (HAVE A MC22 NOW) I BUSTED THE REAR BRAKE LEVER - KAWASAKI SAID $200 THANKS. i WENT TO JAPAN AND BOUGHT ONE FOR $20.

THAT ONE BROKE FIRST TIME I USED IT - FOUND ONE IN AUSSIE FOR $10.

AND THAT WAS JUST A LUMP OF METAL - NO SPRING!!

lostinflyz
26th June 2008, 11:17
there must be hundreds of the things lying round. a wrecker will have something that fits.

buying genuine from honda is only done when its very specific (i.e. funky seals or bits and pieces). its a MASSIVE rip off. (i.e. over 200 bucks for the seals in my brake caliper). And itll take six thousand years to get here.

CB ARGH
26th June 2008, 11:33
Haven't got the CBR yet, but very soon :D

But yet, my main idea is to either nick one (just kidding homies)... or just take the bike into a wrecker's yard and find one to suit. TBH I don't give a shit if it says barbie or pingpong manufacturers on it... it'll do the same job.

BTW couldn't you just buy a cheapo and harden it yourself (heat treatment)?

haha.. thought of a good prank. Nick all your mates gear levers. ha. that'd piss him off :p

of course return them. :sleep:

The Pastor
26th June 2008, 11:42
so is it missing or broken? you could make one if you got the skillz.

CB ARGH
26th June 2008, 16:44
so is it missing or broken? you could make one if you got the skillz.

It's still there but pretty buggered. If I get the bike I'll get a picture to show you guys. :confused:

FINGERS CROSSED!

The Pastor
26th June 2008, 23:26
if you can't find one, it may be cheaper to get it reparied - or a new one made up.