PDA

View Full Version : The project has begun...

shingo
1st July 2008, 13:06
I finally have some time to pull the Honda Benly i have in my garage apart. So far i've removed the tank and seat and givin it a wash.

Next thing to do it remove the engine and pull that apart to inspect the internals to find out if there is anything wrong with it. It's something i might be able to do myself, but i would appreciate some help from some of the more experienced guys to help me diagnose any issues it may have.

Anyone else who wants to come have a look is more than welcome too, just post in here and we can sort out a day to come have a look.

Ragingrob
1st July 2008, 14:01
Gear shopping tomorrow :woohoo:

Then maybe we could cruise out to your house and have a fiddle with the bike yeah? Not to mention play some xbox :whistle:

shingo
1st July 2008, 14:03
Sounds good to me. Nothing like a bike of motoGP to relax after a hard day spending money.

motorbyclist
1st July 2008, 14:22
:D

sounds good

ital916
1st July 2008, 14:52
Sounds like a very good plan to me to. Count me in. :yes:

SPman
1st July 2008, 18:16
Honda Benly - what model???

shingo
1st July 2008, 18:27
It's a 1963 C95.

TOTO
1st July 2008, 19:48
Hey i'm keen to come and observe. There is always stuff to learn from more experienced people than me. I will be in chage of taking photos. Its a hard job but someone must do it :jerry:

BANZAI
2nd July 2008, 18:58
Me too!!! :woohoo:

inlinefour
2nd July 2008, 19:34
I finally have some time to pull the Honda Benly i have in my garage apart. So far i've removed the tank and seat and givin it a wash.

Next thing to do it remove the engine and pull that apart to inspect the internals to find out if there is anything wrong with it. It's something i might be able to do myself, but i would appreciate some help from some of the more experienced guys to help me diagnose any issues it may have.

Anyone else who wants to come have a look is more than welcome too, just post in here and we can sort out a day to come have a look.

Pity your not living closer. As soon as we move into our house once its built Im getting back into restoration as my hobby. I might not be able to ride anymore but Im going to keep tinkering with motorcycles, in the form of restoration. I envy your Benly, I really only did CB 4 cylinder bikes and a couple of twins, although there was not much want for the twins.

shingo
2nd July 2008, 19:43
Pity your not living closer. As soon as we move into our house once its built Im getting back into restoration as my hobby. I might not be able to ride anymore but Im going to keep tinkering with motorcycles, in the form of restoration. I envy your Benly, I really only did CB 4 cylinder bikes and a couple of twins, although there was not much want for the twins.

The plan is to restore it back to what it used to be so i can use it as a commute/weekend cruise machine. I wouldnt expect to get much for it if i were to sell it, i dont even know how much it would be worth anyway.

You wouldnt happen to know of any good places to get parts for these bikes do you? Not really sure what i will need yet, but i would like to investigate how easy it will be to get parts and see what sort of prices i would be looking at.

inlinefour
2nd July 2008, 19:58
The plan is to restore it back to what it used to be so i can use it as a commute/weekend cruise machine. I wouldnt expect to get much for it if i were to sell it, i dont even know how much it would be worth anyway.

You wouldnt happen to know of any good places to get parts for these bikes do you? Not really sure what i will need yet, but i would like to investigate how easy it will be to get parts and see what sort of prices i would be looking at.

Getting parts on ebay can be handy and I used to know a few places in NZ but its been along time since Ive used them and Im not sure if they are still going. That bike restored back to original would be worth alot more than you would realise, so make sure you insure it for what its worth! I had a little CB350/4 stashed and I was going to use it when I was too old to throw a bike around. I only have motorcycle models now, even sold the little z50j, which I wish I had kept.:bash: