PDA

View Full Version : Need parts for daytona pocket bike project

daytona 2
5th July 2008, 14:46
Im attempting to make the first fully {i mean engine frame fairing all gunmetal grey} gunmetal grey daytona in the country .....im almost finished but need to things... an exhuast...can be half {or ill except 1/4 of an exhaust} which ill pay up to $10 for....plus parts.. and all the parts in the carborator..encludes needle/pin spring...ect and ill pay from $5-$10 for that and last a chain.. ..hoping to get this gun metal monster running by mt welly in two weeks..:clap:

BigAl
5th July 2008, 15:09
There's a few cheap D2s selling for parts on TM and mostly from Auck, Day2.

grantman
11th July 2008, 22:23
Hi Daytona 2
How are you getting on with your gun metal monster?

Did you get it all going?

DELLORTO
11th July 2008, 23:36
im daytona 2 [new account] its going alright grantman, thanks for asking....but still in the process of the getting the right parts for the job....

grantman
12th July 2008, 13:12
Hi Dellorto
I like your profile photo

I have a chain if you want to borrow it

its off a spare bike that needs other parts
Its was going to be the bike for my son
I told him if he works hard at school I would buy more parts for it :)

but I may upgrade to watercooled later and give him the Daytona

Hope weather is ok for next meeting
Isnt it next weekend?

DELLORTO
12th July 2008, 14:39
yup its next weekend....watch out for those chinese water-cooled bikes..they can be very dodgy, theres been alot of topic's on this froum for ones that have been trouble...if you want a good cheap bike richard dickins {crazy frog] is selling a good polini for $800.....that a very good price for a FAST RELIABLE bike...if your interested i can contact him for you...:2thumbsup and i would buy your chain but brett has already sold me one, thanks for the offer though.

Coyote
12th July 2008, 15:07
but I may upgrade to watercooled later and give him the Daytona

I'm planning to upgrade my second rolling chassis with a watercooled motor. Will pretty much depend on what I can get hold of, but I'm hoping I can get a 250 MX engine. Gear it for 200, go on a diet, and take it to the sprints :banana:

Dellorto, you could've got your previous account's name switched by a moderator, or now you could get both accounts fused together.

DELLORTO
12th July 2008, 15:40
those chinese watercooled bikes are pretty crap unless you play with them and put genuine BLATA parts on them...

Coyote
12th July 2008, 15:52
those chinese watercooled bikes are pretty crap unless you play with them and put genuine BLATA parts on them...
Chinese bikes are great for being able to fit within my budget :p

As time goes on, every shit part will be replaced with something nicer. I'm hopefully going to get a CO2 bottle and some air hose to create a nitrous system. That's sure to blow up the motor, which then will be replaced by a nice new Chinese motor. The second rolling chassis I have will receive the bigger motor and possibly a turbo. Should be fun.

grantman
12th July 2008, 16:51
Im happy to ride the Daytona for a while
As I have only had been to the last month at Mt Wellington

but I can see I would want more power later on

Lots of fun though for the price!

Trying to get some of my mates to buy one too

DELLORTO
12th July 2008, 16:58
i got board of daytona's after two mt wellintons...:gob: then igot a polini for $800..:wari: then it got stolen and i got a brand new polini 4.2 and took it to silverdale and got a few leasons from 3M man,...then i went to taumaranui and almost came second....so i bought a BZM pipe and did two mt wellintons on the pipe which gave me a good advantage because im only 46kg ....and thaT's all ive done up to now....lol :rockon: