PDA

View Full Version : Minimoto Nitrous

Coyote
9th July 2008, 22:26
First, I saw this auction: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Pocket-pit-bikes/auction-162611419.htm

I searched up the kit in one of those photos. Came up with this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NOS-KIT-N2O-NITROUS-OXIDE-MINI-MOTO-POCKET-BIKE-QUAD_W0QQitemZ130234857512QQihZ003QQcategoryZ25623 QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

All it looks like is a couple of bottles and tubes.

A fire extinguisher and braided lines will be added to my shopping list...

BigAl
10th July 2008, 12:44
A fire extinguisher and braided lines will be added to my shopping list...
LOL
I've a better idea, what about a scuba bottle of Nos strapped to your back.
Give you much longer burn time:first:

daytona 2
10th July 2008, 12:53
personaly i wouldnt dare to put a shitty home made nitros kit through my polini but maybe my daytona.......:Punk:

driftn
10th July 2008, 14:25
Have tried the home made nos kit on my mates holden barina.
Got one of those creame canister things and run a hose to the inlet manifold got her reving in top and pulled the triger. Worked a treat for about 4 seconds.

Coyote
10th July 2008, 16:33
LOL
I've a better idea, what about a scuba bottle of Nos strapped to your back.
Give you much longer burn time:first:
Haha. As awesome as that'd be, I don't think my chinese engineered motor could handle nitrous for too long. Long enough to pop a wheelie hopefully :D

personaly i wouldnt dare to put a shitty home made nitros kit through my polini but maybe my daytona.......:Punk:
I wouldn't dare either with a nice bike. But a replacement motor for my daytona is only $100. A replacement bike is only $200 :p

I originally got the minimoto to lure my desires of making a turbo and nitrous systems away from my bigger, more expensive, bike. Only reason why I haven't done nitrous yet was I thought it was going to be more difficult.

Have tried the home made nos kit on my mates holden barina.
Got one of those creame canister things and run a hose to the inlet manifold got her reving in top and pulled the triger. Worked a treat for about 4 seconds.
Just an aerosol can? That'd be cheaper again :yes:

At this stage I'm thinking of getting one of those supercheap glovebox extinguishers. I'll wait a while for them to go on special, remember you could get 2 for $20 once.

Gubb
10th July 2008, 16:38
For $200 maybe I should pick one up as a laugh.

I'm quite large though.....

Aero165
10th July 2008, 22:52
Stuff giving it to the bike!

It's laughing gas. Buy a cracker and puff on it:confused::laugh:

driftn
11th July 2008, 10:19
Na not aerosoul(how ever you spell it) The cream charge things that restraunts use to whip cream with the nos that is now not allowed to be sold.

dirtybomb
11th July 2008, 14:26
I'm not sure weather NOS will even work on a two stroke..

Ive done a bit of research on the kits sold on ebay, asked on different Minimoto forums etc, but found nothing too convincing.

Does anyone have any technical knowledge they could add regarding this subject?

bungbung
11th July 2008, 15:02
Yep, done the cream powered nitrous on a nifty fifty, using a garden irrigation nozzle with the smallest hole I could find, hose to the airbox from the canister duct taped to the leg shield. Got about 20s boost, funny until the swingarm casing cracked from doing jumps.

daytona 2
11th July 2008, 15:13

Ive done a bit of research on the kits sold on ebay, asked on different Minimoto forums etc, but found nothing too convincing.

HAE DB are your coming to mt wellinton??

Coyote
12th July 2008, 16:20

Search up some videos on youtube. 99% of them involve the rider being throw off.

dirtybomb
14th July 2008, 11:33
Yeah, I'l be there. So long as I can get my front tyre fixed/replaced..Oh yeah, my footpeg mount too hrrmm.

dirtybomb
14th July 2008, 19:36
Sweet, just bought some Sava's. Now I just have to fit em...

BigAl
14th July 2008, 20:34
Good choice of tyres Dirty Bomb you'll be on the pace now. I've fitted a pair to my rep for this Sat & hope the weather comes right:soon:

dirtybomb
14th July 2008, 21:07
I also bought a sproket set, 11,12 and 13 front and 47? rear. will probably run with 11 tooth front.