PDA

View Full Version : buell blast engine questions

rn-85
10th July 2008, 19:36
hi i own a 2000 buell blast 500. i was wondering if anyone can answer a simple quiery. since it is a single designed around the sportser can i use sportser mods in the engine, only half of them? the sportster is a 1200cc twin but basicly to make the buell motor H-D choped the engine in half. also what gearbox is in the blast? is it the same as the sportster? same deal with the muffler and carbs?

cheers rn-85

JimO
10th July 2008, 20:38
hmmmmm doubt it

Taz
10th July 2008, 20:41
ask here
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/index.php

doc
10th July 2008, 20:46
hi i own a 2000 buell blast 500. i was wondering if anyone can answer a simple quiery. since it is a single designed around the sportser can i use sportser mods in the engine, only half of them? the sportster is a 1200cc twin but basicly to make the buell motor H-D choped the engine in half. also what gearbox is in the blast? is it the same as the sportster? same deal with the muffler and carbs?

cheers rn-85

Simplest solution is to swap it for the twin cyclinder engined buell.

Shadows
10th July 2008, 22:55
Google is your friend...

"To achieve a target price point for the Blast, the engineers took a Sportster engine and lopped off the rear cylinder. Actually, that's an oversimplification. The Blast uses a newly designed engine that's closely based on the architecture of the Sportster's. Interchangeability of parts is virtually nil."

"At first glance one may think it is based on Harley’s Sportster V-twin. However, the approach is more conceptual than that, because no parts are shared with the Sportster engine. It does use Sportster gearbox internals, but the clutch is an all new design with a much reduced lever effort."

Rashika
11th July 2008, 08:01
Sounds like excellant info there Shadows... what would we do without the web? :Punk:

Welcome to kb, rn-85!

rn-85
14th July 2008, 17:37
doh just as i thought i'll have to see how i go.