PDA

View Full Version : Who's up for a game of PAINTBALL!!!

Zim_Invader
15th July 2008, 00:06
hey all, have decided to organise a game of paintball:

date: sat 19th july
time: 2:30 pm
venue:Actions Paintball, henderson (check up the website for a map and teh such)
cost:
$40 = 100 shots
$70 = 300 shots, = $56 after discount
$100 = 500 shots = $80 after discount

won't go past here, doubt we'd need to.
but subject to decrease with numbers. also, students get a discount of 20% (for the upgraded packs - meaning for costs of $70 and up, as the $40 one is the starter/base rate)
clothes (overalls) = $4

not sure how they work with people bringing ther own guns - don't see the problem - anyone know?

need to know numbers by friday, if that's possible. i suppose u could just turn up on the day if u make a last min call, but for the sake of the booking, notice would be good!

cheers, and reply!:2guns:

motorbyclist
15th July 2008, 02:18
the hoppers on the guns take a little over 200 balls, which is basically the length of each game. last time i played at a place like this i was buying a lot of extra balls

trigger happy player will do that in 5-10 minutes
sensible player would last 15-20
pro, with automatic gun etc putting out 15 balls per second isn't going to last long at all:laugh:

tis friggen awesome fun

(LOL on trademe you can buy 2000 balls for 55 bucks)

EJK
15th July 2008, 02:33
Paint ball hurts :weep:

HungusMaximist
15th July 2008, 09:37
(LOL on trademe you can buy 2000 balls for 55 bucks)

Be a westie and follow Andrew's example.

Just buy 2000 balls and chuck it in a backpack and bring it to the paint ball grounds

When you run out, just fill her up... Presto! :yes:

Finn
15th July 2008, 09:40
Excellent. Students galore. Can I use led balls?

nodrog
15th July 2008, 09:45

students beware!

Finn does not have to look down the back of the couch, or in the ashtray of his mums car, to scrape up enough money to buy 7 paintballs. he will happily open his wallet to purchase as many paintballs he feels necessary to inflict pain on your hippy arses.

you have been warned.

ital916
15th July 2008, 09:47
I would really like to come, but have work till three, can you push the time a bit later or have it on friday cos it is still holidays? How much is gun hire etc, yeah the trademe option sounds good. Seeing as I have never played I would fucking love to give it a go.

TOTO
15th July 2008, 10:18
I hate to spoil yr fun but saturday is gonna be raining cats and mice....

klyong82
15th July 2008, 10:56
I hate to spoil yr fun but saturday is gonna be raining cats and mice....

Even better double the action and slippery surface...take you out take you out...can even turn Toto's white hornet to purple in colour by the end of the day.

PirateJafa
15th July 2008, 15:34
I would really like to come, but have work till three, can you push the time a bit later or have it on friday cos it is still holidays? How much is gun hire etc, yeah the trademe option sounds good. Seeing as I have never played I would fucking love to give it a go.

Fook orf. Some of us have to work for a living. ;)

shingo
15th July 2008, 15:55
Fook orf. Some of us have to work for a living. ;)

That's true, but some of us work on saturdays to earn said living :msn-wink:

fireball
15th July 2008, 16:27
i would love to come play the feilds they have there are AWESOME but i also have work
but would be keen for next time

if EJ goes someone shoot him point blank range for me!:laugh:

TOTO
15th July 2008, 16:49
i dont got to work but cutting on all non bike activities as I have already started saving for the upgrade in a few months, so if it aint riding I gotta pass.

*TOTO dreaming of his next beik*

PirateJafa
15th July 2008, 16:57
i would love to come play the feilds they have there are AWESOME but i also have work
but would be keen for next time

if EJ goes someone shoot him point blank range for me!:laugh:

Willdo!

Even if he's on the same team. :niceone:

Pedrostt500
15th July 2008, 17:06
The Aztech Engineering Social Club Paint ball Rules are face masks only, shorts and vest, & Jandals. all participants must be pissed.

Chrislost
15th July 2008, 19:11

waaaa! waaaaa!

i would have thought falling off my corner hurt more?

Chrislost
15th July 2008, 19:12
hey all, have decided to organise a game of paintball:

date: sat 19th july
time: 2:30 pm
venue:Actions Paintball, henderson (check up the website for a map and teh such)
cost:
$40 = 100 shots
$70 = 300 shots, = $56 after discount
$100 = 500 shots = $80 after discount

won't go past here, doubt we'd need to.
but subject to decrease with numbers. also, students get a discount of 20% (for the upgraded packs - meaning for costs of $70 and up, as the $40 one is the starter/base rate)
clothes (overalls) = $4

not sure how they work with people bringing ther own guns - don't see the problem - anyone know?

need to know numbers by friday, if that's possible. i suppose u could just turn up on the day if u make a last min call, but for the sake of the booking, notice would be good!

cheers, and reply!:2guns:

I wont be attending THIS weekend, however im dead keen on this kind of fun, so if it happens again im in

Chrislost
15th July 2008, 19:13
students beware!

Finn does not have to look down the back of the couch, or in the ashtray of his mums car, to scrape up enough money to buy 7 paintballs. he will happily open his wallet to purchase as many paintballs he feels necessary to inflict pain on your hippy arses.

you have been warned.

you? called us hippys?

the hippies are all in the arts department dude, not the biker dept...

Slyer
15th July 2008, 20:12
Mememememe can I come?
My payday is on the 20th, so anyone want to sponsor me? :P

Sparky Bills
15th July 2008, 20:24
Sounds fun!
Make it closer to me and ill play!:rockon:

I play a bit....:innocent:

Theres a big tournament i Labour weekend at Western Springs im playing in. You lot should come say gday.

PirateJafa
15th July 2008, 20:41
Mememememe can I come?
My payday is on the 20th, so anyone want to sponsor me? :P
You poor little bitch.

Don't worry, you know that I've got ya covered. You can just put it on your tab that you owe me. ;)

motorbyclist
16th July 2008, 00:40

gun hire and CO2 is a given, thus the exorbitant price of balls

basically if you go more than 3 times you would've been better off buying your own gun and coming round to my place

Be a westie and follow Andrew's example.

Just buy 2000 balls and chuck it in a backpack and bring it to the paint ball grounds

When you run out, just fill her up... Presto! :yes:

lol not allowed, even at a tournament

motorbyclist
16th July 2008, 00:43

HTFU

led balls? like all light up with their own batteries and all?

yeah, i don't see why not:bleh:

lead balls on the other hand..... remind me to put some paint balls in the freezer;)

students beware!

you have been warned.

hippies? psssh yeah right! that would be the scooter component of the club, who are so soft they don't even turn up for friday arvo beers

Zim_Invader
16th July 2008, 01:57
:lol: hahaa. nice.

i reckon we can start at about 3:30. may be pshing it for a few, but f this means more ppl in total, then i reckn it's worth it.

kinda shitty how u can't take a pack of your own stuff, but u can see why. easy money, having to buy the extra paintballs off them only. i reckon, if u're lucky, u could get a decent paintball kit off trademe, for ~150 all up - else the 200 that andrew suggested would be right - again, if u're lucky.

wil prob cal them up tomorrow, and get the final details set. so dushi, how's 3:30 for u?

as for pain, jaffa, i'm sure u'd agree with me in saying, "don't be a farking pansy!" it hurts very little, and the bruise is all just for show. u'll be counting them up as soon as u'e done anyway, not complain about them, rather bragging about them!

as for teh wet. shit, every1 know it's easier to slide in teh wet than it is in the dry. just makes for more fun and madness! but then, don't trust teh met. they barely get things right as it is. chances are, they'll be wrong predictin teh weekend - come on, its auckland. the weather changes faster than a joint at a kiddie party.

where'd u buy your gear from andrew? am considering it as well - in the not too distant future! haha - after get the bike!

Zim_Invader
16th July 2008, 01:59

and hey finn, i mean u no disrespect, but just one question.

why do u have a pic of bob mugabe on your avatar? from my side, i'm sadly un-impressed, but that's just me, being from there, and going through most of the crap that he's induced... again, that's just me, and no disrespect, but i'm just really wondering. why? u a bob supporter? u are aware of what he's done. both pre and post his personal corruption - or tribalism/marxism/bigotry/whatever u'd prefer to call it.... again, no disrespect, just really curious, as i never expected to see that.

motorbyclist
16th July 2008, 02:06
kinda shitty how u can't take a pack of your own stuff, but u can see why. easy money, having to buy the extra paintballs off them only.

there's an issue with some paint leaving oily residue and staining shit, whereas they know what's being used and that it's easy to clean if they're providing it.

for what it is, while a coro loop is almost cheaper, it itsn't entirely a ripoff

it's cheaper out of auckland though.

where'd u buy your gear from andrew? am considering it as well - in the not too distant future! haha - after get the bike!

http://www.paintballshop.co.nz/products/marker--gun-kits.aspx

HungusMaximist
16th July 2008, 09:17
there's an issue with some paint leaving oily residue and staining shit, whereas they know what's being used and that it's easy to clean if they're providing it.

for what it is, while a coro loop is almost cheaper, it itsn't entirely a ripoff

it's cheaper out of auckland though.

http://www.paintballshop.co.nz/products/marker--gun-kits.aspx

There's always Go-Karting. It isn't cheap but it's frikking fun!

Yes?

motorbyclist
16th July 2008, 13:41
LOL

again, if you go four times, or more than an hour, it's cheaper and funnerer to buy a pocket rocket

bring on the SMC pocket rocket fleet!

HungusMaximist
16th July 2008, 15:49
You know Andrew, is your pocket rocket small enough to fit inside a backpack/rucksack?

Any how, I gonna bring my little bro along to the frosty MX thing this Sunday and let him try out a few bikes...

No cash for pocket rocket mate, so just have to borrow yours to play with...
:yes:

Macstar
16th July 2008, 18:57
LOL

again, if you go four times, or more than an hour, it's cheaper and funnerer to buy a pocket rocket

bring on the SMC pocket rocket fleet!

How much did you say they cost (pocket rockets)? Was it $150? I'll buy one for that and give you a race! OR, we could get hockey sticks and have a pocket rocket game of hockey / Polo!!

gijoe1313
16th July 2008, 21:11
Just remember, at the start, everyone just turn around and shoot EJ! :devil2:

Ahh good times ... I remember scaring the organisers of a paintball shoot when I did all my ninja dive rolls with their gear! :rofl:

Would love to come, but old gammy knee war wound and all that harummph ... and watch out for Finn, he will have the gyro stabilised, rail mounted, twin gatling automatic paintball throwers ... :dodge: :crazy:

Mmmm pocket rockets, my Chapi and Chapo bikes are waiting for new starter covers! :o

Shane from Newmanz is getting in some more ASAP! :doh:

Zim_Invader
16th July 2008, 22:48
hey,

so word up on all the guys that own a paintball gun. u can bring it with, but it'll be inspected by the guys at actions paintball. has to meet some standard, or some nonsense like that. u still pay the $56, but instead of getting 300 balls, u get 600, plus a free gas replacemen/top-up (think they use co2, so if your gun only works on the alternative, u may not be able to get it). so that's what they said.

hope that helps.

also, they said, to be there by half 2, latest, as we gotta go through the safety crap (irregardless of experience), and all up, that'll take 30 mins - gear up, and the rules etc etc. sorry dushy. reason for 2:30 start is becoz it gets dark early now days (~4:30ish), an so they want us to be done by then, else they'll stop the game due to bad light. latest they can span out to is 5 i think.

i don't see why you couldn't jump in later though - mayb at half 3, and just have a quick fire about, for the $40 package. but your call.

will be calling them on friday, so if i can get a head count by then, that'd be great. so far, i think i have:

finn,
ej (if he doesn't pansy out)
jaffa - mayb
andrew - mayb
slyer
kim - (couldn't tell if u were in or out tho)
dushi (if he decides to make a dash down after work, and join in later)

(i miss any1 else out?)

Zim_Invader
16th July 2008, 22:52
How much did you say they cost (pocket rockets)? Was it $150? I'll buy one for that and give you a race! OR, we could get hockey sticks and have a pocket rocket game of hockey / Polo!!

not sure how long i'd last with the polo, but i'm game to save up and get a pocket rcket as well.. (but it'll take ~4 weeks to earn up teh bank for it!) hehe. the last epic with my bike was mission enough! :D

motorbyclist
17th July 2008, 01:24
so word up on all the guys that own a paintball gun. u can bring it with, but it'll be inspected by the guys at actions paintball. has to meet some standard, or some nonsense like that. u still pay the $56, but instead of getting 300 balls, u get 600, plus a free gas replacemen/top-up (think they use co2, so if your gun only works on the alternative, u may not be able to get it). so that's what they said.

sweet as, i'm keen for that. my marker is a basic as one so there won't be any advantage.

now to empty my extra-large gas bottle for the free topup:laugh:

i got mine for $200, listed as $250 but got his number and saved him $40 trademe fees, and got another one for my mate (which squiggles now has)

i hear the price came down, probably thanks to free trade deal etc etc, and the new models have alot of mods that people made themselves to make em go better (free r&d; lurking forums)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Pocket-pit-bikes/auction-154236089.htm
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Pocket-pit-bikes/auction-166235047.htm

just basic aircooled 3.5hp little beasties. don't expect high quality but once you've actually tightened everything and got the mix right the only issue is the starter rope. i don't trust chinese watercooling nor have the money for a $500 mini death machine

motorbyclist
17th July 2008, 03:52
shit this saturday?

i'd better be quick fixing the viffer then

lemining
17th July 2008, 09:25
Ehhhhh i would go, but 1. im working 2. im broke i just gave my bike paint job. :| :crybaby: Next time guys, pocket rocket sounds good tho, i will start saving up and we can start organizing races :rockon:

TOTO
17th July 2008, 12:43
I am seruously keen on pocket rockets too.

They are not as expensive as I taught ...:rolleyes:

Where do we race them ?

motorbyclist
17th July 2008, 12:58
carparks, drags on alfred st, $10 for a day's racing at the mt wellington go-kart track

motorbyclist
17th July 2008, 13:01
as for paintball, i hope i havn't turned people off it. considering all the overheads you're getting a good gear/grounds/instruction hire rate. paintball is by no means a cheap sport when you consider the amount of paint/gas you use (more expensive than petrol for the bikes)

and i might be able to bring a few dirt biking mates to bring up the numbers a bit

EJK
17th July 2008, 15:15
Whys suddenly this thread is changing to a pocketrocket thread?
Btw can I wear my bike helmet? ;)
And the bike jacket?
And a backprotector?

Patar
17th July 2008, 16:05
Man i'd be so keen to come, but alas I too work saturdays.
If it gets organised again it should be on a sunday it seems.
Also none of this pansy gotta wear all the gear crap; all you need is the mask and a wife beater and you're good to go.
Paintball aint no fun unless people get welts (I once gave a guy a plum sized welt out the side of his neck)

BIHB@0610
17th July 2008, 21:41

You have lead balls? Are they like balls of steel but harder ..... ? :love: :love: :love:

motorbyclist
17th July 2008, 23:15
softer actually:laugh:

Zim_Invader
17th July 2008, 23:16
awesome! the more u can recruit, the better. just a note. for the ppl that have their own gun, u may wanna be there a bit earlier - about 2:15, as they check up the gun - firring rate, etc etc, so that it matches up with theirs. - yours should be fine andrew.

so far, i've got 12 confirmed, and about 20 to let me know by friday. could be worse (has been too).

see u all there. will update if anything else needs to be announced.

for directions, seeing as u all have internet access, i'd suggest going to their website to get them it's the best means!

www.actionspaintball.co.nz/location.php

hopefully i'll see most of u there!

OH!!!1 and if any1 has a cam-corder, or plain camera, and are keen to get some snaps and clips of teh action, lemme know, as i can arrange for one them to get a referee onto the field to do so for us!

pics for the smc are always good!

Zim_Invader
17th July 2008, 23:35
Whys suddenly this thread is changing to a pocketrocket thread?
Btw can I wear my bike helmet?
And the bike jacket?
And a backprotector?

hehe, yes, do that! here's some reasons why:

u'll be cleaning a lot of the paint off your gear shortly after teh game becoz u'd stand out like black man in snow.:whistle::whistle::whistle::stoogie::whistle: :whistle::whistle:

being cette black man in snow, u'd be the target of almost every1, as we've been given clear instructions to turn and shot u first up! (both team members and opponents alike) - i'm sorry here man, it's just the rules to follow, from teh powers that be... what such powers is it that i speak of? can't disclose - G-14 classsified... highly confidential stuff... hehe, it's all hush hush.:shifty:

only a pansy wears extra padding inside their overalls (overalls are only there to save the body painting - i'm indian, i've already got that festival. 1's enough).
:dodge:
but then, with the back strap, u can do awesome rolls and the such, so i'd say it's not all that bad! haha.

don't sweat it man. there's gonna be a lot of girls there. and if they can take teh hits, i'm sure u can (u have falllen off the bke before - if not a mtorbike, at least the bicycle... mayb when learning... some time, long ago in your childhood???). it doesn'e hurt half as much as anythign u'd done as a kid. plus, the bruises will be gone in about 5 days, give it 10 tops just to be sure. (but those too are more for show than anything they honestly don't hurt - unless the zimbabwean in me has some sorta immunity to babypains??):baby:
some magic from the doctors of the land perhaps?? :doctor: hahaha. (or perhaps not)

motorbyclist
17th July 2008, 23:36
for the ppl that have their own gun, u may wanna be there a bit earlier - about 2:15, as they check up the gun - firring rate, etc etc, so that it matches up with theirs. - yours should be fine andrew.

yeah the masks are only rated to 300 feet per second, so markers are required to be doing less than 280 feet per second, which you're meant to check every few hours of play as the speed changes with the temperature/air pressure

seeing as i'm all of 2 minutes away from there, we could meet at my place early.... keeps me from being late too;)

weather (http://www.metservice.co.nz/default/index.php?alias=rainfcst_3daynz) looks like shite though....

and i think i'll bring my helmet cam, strapped to the barrel of my gun:)

motorbyclist
17th July 2008, 23:40
only a pansy wears extra padding inside their overalls (overalls are only there to save the body painting - i'm indian, i've already got that festival. 1's enough).

+1

just don't get hit:rolleyes:

statistically speaking this is a very safe sport injury-wise

bike gear both draws merciless fire, and gets ruined. man up! half the fun is the experience (and then fear) of getting hit

oldrider
18th July 2008, 00:15
I went and had a look at those paint ball guns to see what they were all about.

The guy in the shop let me have a go with a big Rambo gun and shit a brick do they wack!!! and go a long way "splat" (just fell in love with it)

I can hardly stop thinking about how cool a couple of them mounted on the sides of my Tiger would go to dish out a surprise to the bloody cagers that cut you off or don't give way etc. (doob doob doob splat) (Would be bloody magic)

Er sorry, that is getting off the point of the thread but that's what they should do to those bloody taggers, pummel them with paintball guns. "YOW" :calm: John.

ital916
18th July 2008, 07:35
can't make it dudes, too broke.

Macstar
18th July 2008, 08:50
dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians. I'll be there on Sat - will see if I can bring an adventurous girl too...

TOTO
18th July 2008, 09:58
Lesbians , why didnt anyone tell me about that earlier ?

Lesbians, bikiny, mud :banana:

motorbyclist
18th July 2008, 10:38
could be arranged....

BANZAI
18th July 2008, 14:37
I got work and other stuff to do on Sat :(

I can put $20 to Pocket Rocket fleet btw! :p

Slyer
18th July 2008, 18:54
So this is going ahead?

motorbyclist
19th July 2008, 01:01
bring warm clothing?

and a towel

EJK
19th July 2008, 01:11
can't make it dudes, too broke.

Nice blame dude! :niceone:

Yeah you see guys... I'm broke too.... :whistle:

;) see you there....

Oh I need a pickup

motorbyclist
19th July 2008, 01:41
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0QUDX-m3R-8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0QUDX-m3R-8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Zim_Invader
19th July 2008, 02:26
last say... it's happening! dont get all pansy becoz of weather, (if it gets a little wet). we're still playing. maybe bring a spare shirt or something, for after the game. towel never killed. bring student id if possible (in case we don't hit the 20 ppl). but for now i think the numbers were on about 24 (if i say that andrew's recruited 3 ppl).

see u all there! rain or shine, we play!

:banana:

EJK
19th July 2008, 02:29
Hold on a sec... $56 bux!?! Uhhh I gotta think again....

motorbyclist
19th July 2008, 11:16
i can actually see blue sky....

though a shower appears to be about ten minutes away

Squiggles
19th July 2008, 15:46
and ive missed it :doh:

klyong82
19th July 2008, 18:04
So who got toasted:2guns::dodge:? Pics please...

motorbyclist
19th July 2008, 19:45
good fun guys, if a little frustrating at times

actions will post up photos by about tuesday they reckon, so i'll save em and post them up here.

it's a shame me and zim were the only SMCers present, could've done with some more balls on my team - we still won one!

where the fuck were all you guys? got a txt from jafa at like 4pm.

but for now i think the numbers were on about 24 (if i say that andrew's recruited 3 ppl).

see u all there! rain or shine, we play!

sure it pissed down at 2pm but all cleared up by 2:20pm and was meeaaaan fun sliding in the mud

me and the four recruits got there at two, then waited "5 minutes" until zim got there in true SMC fashion with his four recruits at 3PM, we all then dicked around paying etc and we didn't get on the field till atleast 3:30pm. got too dark to play in the last game but good fun and i had run out of paint anyway:clap:

and for the record - i'd highly recommend buying/bringing your own gun - you get double the ammo and frankly, their guns are shite. after my one chopped paint (due to feeding it a broken paintball they supplied me with) and ran out of gas at the same time, i went with one of the hire ones and OMG ZERO accuracy with huge smoke cloud! welcom you can play at my place. $70 for 2000 balls:D (byo gear & paint)

klyong82
19th July 2008, 19:51
where the fuck were all you guys?

Busy riding alone in true SMC fashion...

shingo
19th July 2008, 19:54
where the fuck were all you guys?

Working my arse off trying to earn back all the money i've spent these holidays.

Slyer
19th July 2008, 21:10
I got a pocketrocket :D:D:D:D

Ragingrob
19th July 2008, 21:30
The pocketrocket gang is booming! Must be time for quad races :woohoo:

PirateJafa
19th July 2008, 21:57
I bought [Slyr's] one today, and am buying three more tomorrow. :niceone:

Real_Wolf
19th July 2008, 22:51
I woulda come, but not really in SMC yet, and also my bike was getting checked over to see what sorta condition it was in, and fixed up a bit on the things that could be done

Sparky Bills
19th July 2008, 23:10
Anyne get any pics?

motorbyclist
19th July 2008, 23:16
again:
photos will be up on the actions paintball website later this week, from there i will dload them and post them here

EJK
19th July 2008, 23:38
I got a pocketrocket :D:D:D:D

I'm gonna teach my kid this! :D
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xP_t5bF0k4o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xP_t5bF0k4o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Zim_Invader
20th July 2008, 02:36
hehe. in my defence, only 4 of the many others i managed to get to come, were late. (reason, sister - should explain itself, though she denies it all!)

was epic. haha, yea, andrew would be stuck many a time, up the middle of the field with no support on one side or the other. was ridiculus at one point, becos we'd get as far ahead as possible, and then get shot by some prick's crossfire! haha. was great fun. i agree though. rather invest in your own gear - overalls, and paintball kit (overalls save a lot of cloth washing!). good fun, but ridiculus when your goggles fog up so much that u can barely see past 5 meters in front of u, and the smoke after a shot made it impossible to follow a "tracer shot". punks! hehe. but was good.

got to a point where andrew's gun sounded like an automatic. really deep grunts, crackling away! haha. pitty though, becoz he was the marksman fr the first half.

haha. but to be honest, a few of teh others guys in the oppsite team were cheating. they'd get shot 2-4 times before cleaning up! punks, no wonder we kept getting mauled by the same guys! (this i learn after the game - "uh, yea, we'd get shot and wipe off the marks and just keep shooting back") - twats!

hehe, good fun tho. andrew, u got the number code to get the pics? lemme know f u need anything else. haha. also, thanks for comin, was good fun. and it added flavour to teh game! was good! as for u punks that passed the chance to play... shame on u! haha. u missed a good event! epic! mud slides up to 3 m easy (2 step run up)

Sparky Bills
20th July 2008, 13:51
Hey guys,
If your looking for some good gear, dont rush into a purchase.
There are many cheap and nasty markers out there.
For your first marker you cant go past a spyder. They have been around for yonks! Its what I started with over 6 years ago.. i still have it (not used anymore, but just sentimental) and it still goes!

Goggles are the same. Look for these brands...
JT Spectra Thermal, or Flex 8 are awsome!
Empire E-Vent (what I use)
Vforce Grille
Proto Axis
Just to name a few.

Check out this site..
http://www.kiwipaintball.co.nz/index.html

If you want to order anything from there, ring the guy as he doesnt reply to emails too well.
If you have any questions im happy to help you out if I can.
In the end, if your going to get into it more, just remember that there are people who are very passionate about the sport and dont like others ruining the image of a paintballer. As in dont go round shooting road signs etc.
But hope you all love the sport as much as I do! ROCK ON!:headbang:

motorbyclist
20th July 2008, 17:48
was epic. haha, yea, andrew would be stuck many a time, up the middle of the field with no support on one side or the other. was ridiculus at one point, becos we'd get as far ahead as possible, and then get shot by some prick's crossfire! haha. was great fun.

got a nice bruise where i got nailed while reloading in the middle of the feild. run back to the base to "respawn" and see the whole farking team standing around doing nothing! different game they were all just sitting behind the first barrier 4 m from the base - i mean, if you get shot trying to move up from there it's not like they're going to lose much ground!

i agree though. rather invest in your own gear - overalls, and paintball kit (overalls save a lot of cloth washing!). good fun, but ridiculus when your goggles fog up so much that u can barely see past 5 meters in front of u, and the smoke after a shot made it impossible to follow a "tracer shot". punks! hehe. but was good.

yeah, the "smoke" from the hire guns was crazy. first shot i took blew the hopper lid open too (mustn't have closed it properly, and forgot the rubber band)

got to a point where andrew's gun sounded like an automatic. really deep grunts, crackling away! haha. pitty though, becoz he was the marksman fr the first half.

haha, that was me getting fucked off. ran right up the side of the field, flanking and pwning about 4 of your team. there was two of them with the flag, and didn't know where i was. they wouldn't call the tag so i just kept pummeling them till i was firing so fast i chopped balls and the gas ran out (that was the machine gun noise lol).

(while cleaning the gun i realised it may of been an issue of feeding half a broken shell, then half a full ball which got chopped in half by the closing bolt, dumping it's paint into the hopper and shell, well, everywhere<_<)

Hey guys,
If your looking for some good gear, dont rush into a purchase.
There are many cheap and nasty markers out there.
For your first marker you cant go past a spyder. They have been around for yonks! Its what I started with over 6 years ago.. i still have it (not used anymore, but just sentimental) and it still goes!

+1

my brother and i were running on spyder MR1
james, the BIG guy i brought, was running a spyder sonix
those tippman guns for hire were probably so bloody useless due to being abused hire guns, but they had pretty short barrels and no excuse for all the blinding smoke!

my mask, which you may have noticed didn't fog up:bleh:: Vforce Vantage

checkout www.paintballshop.co.nz too. they're out by the east tamaki campus, same road as the wind tunnel

Sparky Bills
20th July 2008, 20:08
+1

my brother and i were running on spyder MR1
james, the BIG guy i brought, was running a spyder sonix
those tippman guns for hire were probably so bloody useless due to being abused hire guns, but they had pretty short barrels and no excuse for all the blinding smoke!

my mask, which you may have noticed didn't fog up:bleh:: Vforce Vantage

checkout www.paintballshop.co.nz too. they're out by the east tamaki campus, same road as the wind tunnel

Good markers those spyders. I have an original Spyder from way back.
But my main tourny marker is an Ego. My backup is an Eclipse Cocker which has been custom made by one of the only new zealanders to play pro ball overseas. He built it while working for Eclipse in the uk so as you can imagine its pretty hardcore.
I play speedball not bushball. But as with most speedballers, started off playing bushball.
The rental stuff has been thrashed and trashed with no respect, hense why they shoot like shit. Most people dont know the difference till they get their own gear. Then wonder why they waited so long to buy it.

motorbyclist
20th July 2008, 21:03
The rental stuff has been thrashed and trashed with no respect, hense why they shoot like shit. Most people dont know the difference till they get their own gear. Then wonder why they waited so long to buy it.

yeah, really glad i did that the other way round. only played once before buying the gear, and that was down near tauranga which was cheaper than actions too!

Zim_Invader
20th July 2008, 21:53
hehe, i'm gonna go by what u guys have all suggested, and not organise a paintball till i manage t get myself a gun! and if that is the case, rather just do the thing at andrew's (but most ppl don't play paintball more than once or twice EVER) - pansy ass sods! haha. not their thing i suppose. give it a few months, and chances are i'll procure gear of my own. was flippen fogged up before i even got onto the field for the first play!! that stupid lecture, and it had to be done while goggled up! prickS! haha. killed my first half... next time!

am looking at these site u two posted. the stuff sell on trademe for a bit cheaper (sold by paintball shop themselves too!). will keep tabs on teh stuff and bid up when i can afford.

Sparky Bills
20th July 2008, 22:42
Helps if you dont put the goggles on your head untill your on the feild too. The heat off your head will make them sweat or fog.

Let me know if I can help in any way with your search for gear.:Punk:

motorbyclist
23rd July 2008, 00:05
pictures are up!

they really could've taken some more action shots.....

EJK
23rd July 2008, 10:31
What??! Wearing a T-Shirt during the game? CRAZY!

Finn
23rd July 2008, 11:20
Did anyone see me there? I got quite a few of you guys.

Zim_Invader
24th July 2008, 00:39
Did anyone see me there? I got quite a few of you guys.

which dude were u again?

yea, these pics were a bit lacking. the real shit happened second half really. pitty. what a bunch of half arses, i'd expect more for the number of ppl we brough and the ridiculous amounts we had to pay, for the gear that was sorta half-arsed!... next time:angry2:, with some gear of my own... perhaps!

man, second half was epic! that's prob when i absolutely couldn't give a shit about all the mud, and would roll around from bunker to bunker! good moments! "cover me, i wanna move to teh bunker on the right. i'm gonna roll" - and andrew says, "yea, k". (with such enthusiasm, it made me feel like we were in a real war!) - from there, i managed a magical cross field head shot! haha.. notce, emphasis on the word MAGICAL - it'll never be happening again!

motorbyclist
24th July 2008, 00:39

wtf are you on about?

they don't hurt.

they sting for a few secs and that's it.

HTFU!

motorbyclist
24th July 2008, 00:57
from there, i managed a magical cross field head shot! haha.. notce, emphasis on the word MAGICAL - it'll never be happening again!

lol i remember that, you were all "YEAH I SCONED HIM!"

great fun just running up to a bunker and sliding the last 4 metres before crashing into it

Zim_Invader
24th July 2008, 01:11
lol i remember that, you were all "YEAH I SCONED HIM!"

great fun just running up to a bunker and sliding the last 4 metres before crashing into it

hells yea!!!! haha. awesome fun, without question. must be good to be like rambo! haha, but he doesn't slide, he just stands and kills off billions of trillions of guerillas, that in reality probably wouldn't fit in that little space. (hermm...very strange indeed). can't wait to afford to go again! haha. (a good thing about all the smoke that the guns blew off, it was teh only thing u could notice through all teh fog in teh lens, so u had a general direction to shoot into!)

Zim_Invader
24th July 2008, 01:15

honest to bloody god! stop pansying up! there were 4 girls there (one who gave blood about an hour before teh game) that have more balls than u... enuf pissing about mate. next game, be there, of so help me god, i'll get andrew to do a ride-by, while i pillion, and shoot at u with a piantball gun! bare t-shirt! bloody hell... haha, like i said, all teh overalls were for, was to avoid the extra skin colouring, and minimise teh amount of mud on clothes i'd have to wash! bloody pansy! man up soldier! u're getting told off by a noob! (that sorta shit never sinks in well!)

Zim_Invader
24th July 2008, 01:16
now drop an give me 30!

motorbyclist
24th July 2008, 01:45
there were 4 girls there (one who gave blood about an hour before teh game)

well that would explain a bit

what part of giving a pint of blood before parktaking in a physical team sport (where running, balls and concentration are paramount) struck you guys as a good idea?:wacko:

;)

PirateJafa
24th July 2008, 05:27

what part of giving a pint of blood before parktaking in a physical team sport (where running, balls and concentration are paramount) struck you guys as a good idea?:wacko:

If they're on the other team it sounds like a great idea! ;)

EJK
24th July 2008, 09:59
Haha! Bring it on next time then! ;)
It's on!

Oh drag Dushy into it too guys :shifty:

Zim_Invader
24th July 2008, 22:01

;)

haha. hey, at least from my part, i matched the runs and the slides u made. as far as the others go.. it'd explain the trigger happy, staying back, and shooting nothing that thry managed (for thr most part anyway... but for a pint short on blood, and being the vegetarian that i am, i think i pulled my weight on the sides of the field :p)

Zim_Invader
24th July 2008, 22:03
Haha! Bring it on next time then! ;)
It's on!

Oh drag Dushy into it too guys :shifty:

haha... u realise i'm gonna quote this, then pillion on andrews bike, and ride bye, while taking shots at u with his (or possibly my own) gun, if u chicken out again... haha. (less a pint of blood or not)