PDA

View Full Version : Ride with me (if you dare.... muh wha wha wha whaaa) Seen 20 bins now...

Macstar
17th July 2008, 22:36
Hey crew

Last week saw my total encountered on-road m/c bins hit 20! No, I haven't personally crashed 20x what I mean is, over the last 3 years of riding I have either personally witnessed, or been just ahead or behind a rider who has binned i.e. arrived on the scene moments later.

Yep, I've witnessed some great bins and 1 or 2 bewildering ones. Amazingly, the worst injury out of these 20 bins has only been a broken arm or wrist (including my own once) and the odd-concusion.

Actually come to think of it, three SMC club members make up 5 or 6 of those witnessed bins.... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Anyway, so setting all that aside... who's keen to come riding with me this weekend? Muh wha wha wha!

I reckon I've clocked up close to 80,000 bike Kms in those 3 years so statistically speaking there's only one bin per 4000km, so you should be ok... but I can't make any promises - guess you'll just have to have your sh&*t sorted before you come out to play?!

Come ride with the Macstar :devil2:

Macstar
17th July 2008, 22:41
Oh and for the record - I don't sabotage my riding buddies' brakes before setting off and as those who ride with me will hopefully agree - I am not a loose cannon (have only binned once on road - though granted that was a major f$@k up!).

Anyway, anyone keen???;)

Grub
17th July 2008, 22:45
You sound like my bloody mother when she says she's never had an accident .... her eyesight's stuffed so she can't see all the carnage she left behind. You wouldn't be making them all brake to avoid you and falling down now would you?

Macstar
17th July 2008, 22:48
You sound like my bloody mother when she says she's never had an accident .... her eyesight's stuffed so she can't see all the carnage she left behind. You wouldn't be making them all brake to avoid you and falling down now would you?

Nicely put:lol: Nah, in a nut shell - group rides often end in tears cause people ride beyond their abilities or lose focus - no matter what rider brief you give at the beginning. Problem is that riding solo just aint as fun or eventful...

klyong82
17th July 2008, 23:19
Where you thinking of going? North or South? Its gonna be a wet weekend. Saturday or Sunday?

Macstar
17th July 2008, 23:23
Where you thinking of going? North or South? Its gonna be a wet weekend. Saturday or Sunday?

I'm scared of 'ol ginge so have been avoiding SH16... but could do a Piha cruise or south again. Keen to ride both days so text me.

Yipee, a "wet weekend" 'n roads makes for more excitement!

BTW I have some news on your 'request'...

klyong82
17th July 2008, 23:30
I'm scared of 'ol ginge so have been avoiding SH16... but could do a Piha cruise or south again. Keen to ride both days so text me.

BTW I have some news on your 'request'...

Saturday will be good for me. Piha or Kaiaua should be good. Going back to study next week so wanna do a bit of riding before I get tied down.

PM on the way.

motorbyclist
17th July 2008, 23:45
paintball on saturday!

and shite weather out Kaiaua way too

maybe piha ending in swanson for paintball?

klyong82
17th July 2008, 23:49
That could be a good plan ... probably ask Nish to come for paintball since he likes to shoot things nowadays. Anyone wanna ride to Piha then to ya paintingball?

Nagash
18th July 2008, 02:42
Hey, if you guys ride out to Piha drop me a text on 021 1344468.

I live on Scenic drive..

Macstar
18th July 2008, 18:09
Hey, if you guys ride out to Piha drop me a text on 021 1344468.

I live on Scenic drive..

Will do - courier man delivered my radar detector today!! But I need the LED transmitter device for my helmet :( Another $300...

Macstar
18th July 2008, 18:11
probably ask Nish to come for paintball since he likes to shoot things nowadays.

Who's "Nish"? I don't know any BIKERS by that name... oh wait, there is a pillion-bitch that goes by that name though (see attachment).

sinfull
18th July 2008, 18:27
Actually come to think of it, three SMC club members make up 5 or 6 of those witnessed bins.... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Anyway, so setting all that aside... who's keen to come riding with me this weekend? Muh wha wha wha!

Awww yeah mate i'm a nooob and need some experience in riding with a group !

Oh and for the record - I don't sabotage my riding buddies' brakes before setting off and as those who ride with me will hopefully agree - I am not a loose cannon (have only binned once on road - though granted that was a major f$@k up!).

Anyway, anyone keen???;)
phew, was a moment there !

Ahuh !

Problem is that riding solo just aint as fun or eventful...
Ahuh !

I'm scared of 'ol ginge so have been avoiding SH16
Ahuh !

Will do - courier man delivered my radar detector today!! But I need the LED transmitter device for my helmet :( Another $300... Ahuh !

Words loose cannon just seem to reverrberate !!!!

EJK
19th July 2008, 03:24
Shame you didn't see mine ;)

Gremlin
19th July 2008, 04:03
To be perfectly honest... I believe its the people you are riding with.

I think I have done one ride with you, the one where bomma crashed, and I saw several people riding completely out of their comfort zone. One was more interested in the person following (me) than his own riding, resulting in him riding all over the road. I was on the verge of pulling over when he just about went off the road trying to let me past, so I passed leaving large amounts of room.

Either stop riding with them, or try to lower the testosterone of the ride, helping everyone.

Another ride I went one, two crashed on the same corner one had crashed earlier, because they were following to close/not riding sensibly and couldn't stop in time when the ones in front slowed down. Nothing pisses me off more (and ruins my ride) than picking up bikes/riders and sorting out transport etc when people should have been able to avoid the incident all together.

motorbyclist
19th July 2008, 11:19
+1

ride your own ride

PirateJafa
19th July 2008, 11:24
ride your own ride

And then bin anyway? ;)

motorbyclist
19th July 2008, 19:32
hey, shit happens, but atleast i wasn't asking for it (which actually makes it much more frustrating from my point of view)

unlike a certian hyosung rider who, following a hornet's lines, went wide into the side of a truck last thursday

Macstar
19th July 2008, 21:04
Hyosung guy was too far behind to see my lines! I think another Hornet might have thrown him off... ahem Toto...

Yeah, I have ridden with a lot of learners / restricted riders, but at least 1/3 of those 20 bins have been guys on bigger bikes on the ATNR and Coro Loop etc.

This thread is a bit of a piss-take but also a reminder.

Taz
19th July 2008, 22:31
I have been riding 24 years and I've only seen a couple...... I've been on a KB ride twice and was astounded by what seems to pass as a ride. Not attending any more KB rides that's for sure.
Andy.

TOTO
19th July 2008, 22:34
yea, we all forget we are not bulletproof.

macstar ,I dont think I have ridden behind you in the twisties. Every time we have ridden I have been either ahead or too far behind . I am keen to see some lines from you next time we ride ... :scooter:

TOTO
19th July 2008, 22:43
btw i've seen 10bins for 30 000km , so thats an average of 1 bin every 3000k , so come ride with ME if you dare ...

Macstar
19th July 2008, 23:28
btw i've seen 10bins for 30 000km , so thats an average of 1 bin every 3000k , so come ride with ME if you dare ...

We have a winner! Are 3 of the 10 your bins?!:msn-wink:

I don't think I've followed you either apart from some of our cruisy 3 day tours. My lines aren't anything special - though 6 months on a motard was fun and learned me one or two things I did!

BTW: Overnighter to Rotovegas? Keen? Take the coastal route from Kaiaua to Kopu to Whangamata - Waihi - Tauranga - Whakatane - then shoot over to Rotorua. Rotorua Thermal Campground - Log Cabins sleep 4 for approx 15 p/p p/n and the place has its own hotpools.

TOTO
20th July 2008, 00:08
BTW: Overnighter to Rotovegas? Keen? Take the coastal route from Kaiaua to Kopu to Whangamata - Waihi - Tauranga - Whakatane - then shoot over to Rotorua. Rotorua Thermal Campground - Log Cabins sleep 4 for approx 15 p/p p/n and the place has its own hotpools.

Keen as brother. it will be a few weeks time by the time I can get another sunday off (Used the joker card last sunday) so for now the best I can get is a saturday day trip.

Was thinking of exploring some of those (http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=5711523469412661242,-37.469370,174.759810%3B18118572723453092796,-37.552010,174.798290%3B15173821187806674921,-37.575182,174.788494%3B11025624332517470286,-37.604500,174.825590&saddr=port+waikato&daddr=Port+Waikato+Waikaretu+Rd+%40-37.469370,+174.759810+to:Waikaretu+Valley+Rd+%40-37.552010,+174.798290+to:-37.566351,174.880371+to:Waikorea+Valley+Rd+%40-37.604500,+174.825590+to:raglan&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=3&sz=11&via=1,2,3,4&sll=-37.513539,174.848785&sspn=0.397054,0.605621&ie=UTF8&ll=-37.514083,175.016327&spn=0.794103,1.211243&z=10) roads next saturday, and then back home via sh22 (or SH1)...

Squiggles
20th July 2008, 00:17
I am keen to see some lines from you next time we ride ... :scooter:

Observe perhaps, but do not follow... Your bikes may both be "hornets", but he can brake harder, accelerate quicker, and riders aside, the 900 stock has 40kg on the 250. Ride your own ride.

TOTO
20th July 2008, 00:19
Observe perhaps, but do not follow... Your bikes may both be "hornets", but he can brake harder, accelerate quicker, and riders aside, the 900 stock has 40kg on the 250. Ride your own ride.

Yes, Sir !

Point taken. It was most emphasises by dakara's crash on the loop last week, when he was following me.:gob:

I ain't racing noone. :nono:

Macstar
20th July 2008, 00:20
Sweet. I think I've did that road in 2006. If it is the one, I think it can be prone to ice n frost. But the pub near Waingaru hot springs was good!

TOTO
20th July 2008, 00:22
Sweet. I think I've did that road in 2006. If it is the one, I think it can be prone to ice n frost. But the pub near Waingaru hot springs was good!

We got a plan then :niceone:

Macstar
20th July 2008, 00:24

My one is 15kg lighter than a stock 919...:dodge: so 25kgs heavier than a 250!

Cr1MiNaL
20th July 2008, 00:42
Those are racing words:laugh:

Nagash
20th July 2008, 11:27
Haha.. people really don't get a piss take when it's blatantly obvious do they..

That Rotovegas over nighter you suggested looks like a bit of a minter. Would be keen to sit in a hot pool after a long day's ride..

If you're keen for that still, i'd be in with a grin. Wait a few weeks for Todd to earn up a few more brownie points, I mean. What's a ride without Todd's unflinching directional skillz :clap:

TOTO
20th July 2008, 12:02
What's a ride without Todd's unflinching directional skillz :clap:

Directional skills... :killingme

I got lost going to the circus with the chicka yesterday, even tho I knew it was on ASB showgrounds and been there at least 30 times. :doh:

p.s. You falks shouldaa goaa, dontaa waitaa foraa meaa *Italian Accent*

Macstar
20th July 2008, 12:06
Those are racing words:laugh:

Do you even ride still? Man I haven't been for a burn with you for ages! If I remember correctly, the KTM motard gave you a hard time on the Coro loop & out West once, but the R6 schooled my old RF and the Hornet...

If you're keen for that still, i'd be in with a grin. Wait a few weeks for Todd to earn up a few more brownie points, I mean. What's a ride without Todd's unflinching directional skillz :clap:

For sure mate - and it wouldn't be a tour without you, Chocowheels, Brian, Mapsanji & Glice! What license are you on BTW - can you bring your lady on the Vegas cruise?

Nagash
20th July 2008, 16:01
For sure mate - and it wouldn't be a tour without you, Chocowheels, Brian, Mapsanji & Glice! What license are you on BTW - can you bring your lady on the Vegas cruise?

I'm going for me full August 1st, so i'll have it before this ride.

I may bring someone fun along.. but my toy only, I don't like to share..

EJK
20th July 2008, 16:03
Why are you guys so obsessed with speed?

....or do I just suck at riding???

Cr1MiNaL
20th July 2008, 16:12
Do you even ride still? Man I haven't been for a burn with you for ages! If I remember correctly, the KTM motard gave you a hard time on the Coro loop & out West once, but the R6 schooled my old RF and the Hornet...

course I ride lol... Just the weather hasn't been conducive to my riding style lately rofl :oi-grr: and its far too cold brrrr...

motards are always hard to follow and u cant pick ur overtaking lines because they dont take sports bike lines lol ... they seriously crack me up ;)

Chrislost
20th July 2008, 16:14

yesterday i saw 12 bins.
i think i rode about 110km...

motards are easy, just run over that foot that always seems to be sticking out and THEY get out of YOUR way!

motorbyclist
20th July 2008, 17:34
My one is 15kg lighter than a stock 919...:dodge: so 25kgs heavier than a 250!

remember you lost about 15kg when you did the pipes;)

Macstar
21st July 2008, 13:23

Hey, don't diss Mr Wheelie

I'm going for me full August 1st, so i'll have it before this ride.

I may bring someone fun along.. but my toy only, I don't like to share..

Sweet - yer, keep your toys to yourself mate... unless they are of the two-wheeled kind?

course I ride lol... Just the weather hasn't been conducive to my riding style lately rofl :oi-grr: and its far too cold brrrr...

:oi-grr:

yesterday i saw 12 bins.
i think i rode about 110km...motards are easy, just run over that foot that always seems to be sticking out and THEY get out of YOUR way!

Ah Chris... sometimes, just sometimes you speak the truth.

remember you lost about 15kg when you did the pipes;)

Yep - I've signed the Hornet up for more dieting too... she's gonna be slim as soon!

ital916
21st July 2008, 15:30
....or do I just suck at riding???

yup, good to see you've realised it.

Chrislost
21st July 2008, 15:34

Bikes are more stable at speed.
It is just physics...

ital916
21st July 2008, 15:51
Bikes are more stable at speed.
It is just physics...

Give that man a nobel prize.

I reckon at 50k my bike is pretty bloody stable, it tends to wobble every now and then, but then again it does only have two wheels. Though if your looking for an excuse to go punting around at excessive speeds...

Physics has nothing to do with why people ride bikes at speeds waay over the point at which they become "stable".

More a..."i'm going to push the limits of my mortality and get the old blood pumping" thing. Mind you, speed isn't the only factor. For some reason people seem obsessed with knee down...aye EJ.;)

Chrislost
21st July 2008, 16:13
i recon you guys need to have a SMC trackday eh

shingo
21st July 2008, 16:26
i recon you guys need to have a SMC trackday eh

I think Squiggles is working on an AUSA grant letter for that

Chrislost
21st July 2008, 16:28
i thought that was for RRRS?

Squiggles
21st July 2008, 16:39
i thought that was for RRRS?

nah, we did that, you're the fine example of a member who, with subsidised practise, could go far in the sport of motorcycle racing :lol::lol:

oh, the shit i have to write for these grants

klyong82
21st July 2008, 16:43
nah, we did that, you're the fine example of a member who, with subsidised practise, could go far in the sport of motorcycle racing :lol::lol:

Just apply the grants for RRRS course again...copy and paste saying we sending 25 new people...sorted then we use the money for trackday

Squiggles
21st July 2008, 16:48
Just apply the grants for RRRS course again...copy and paste saying we sending 25 new people...sorted then we use the money for trackday

thought i'd also go with the angle of it being good rider training

These track days are designed to be a fun, non competitive environment in which to test your bike and your riding skills. :shifty:

Nagash
21st July 2008, 17:03
Give that man a nobel prize.

I reckon at 50k my bike is pretty bloody stable, it tends to wobble every now and then, but then again it does only have two wheels. Though if your looking for an excuse to go punting around at excessive speeds...

Physics has nothing to do with why people ride bikes at speeds waay over the point at which they become "stable".

More a..."i'm going to push the limits of my mortality and get the old blood pumping" thing. Mind you, speed isn't the only factor. For some reason people seem obsessed with knee down...aye EJ.;)

Oh how easy it would be to hi-jack this thread to start a debate..

Chrislost
21st July 2008, 17:08

had a bit of that when ginger was behind me:lol:
although i think i was subsidising him.

HungusMaximist
21st July 2008, 19:31
Squiggles, how about track school as opposed to track day?

Macstar
22nd July 2008, 12:31
Squiggles, how about track school as opposed to track day?

For Hondas

Nagash
22nd July 2008, 22:09
For Hondas

Bloody brilliant idea.

Though.. could you handle being hammered by a Rebel..?

ital916
23rd July 2008, 11:10
They already have a day for hondas, it's called the gay parade.

Choco
23rd July 2008, 15:55
For sure mate - and it wouldn't be a tour without you, Chocowheels, Brian, Mapsanji & Glice!
North, West, East... Central? still gotta do South though :woohoo:

For Hondas
Keen!

:killingme

And on back to topic: Been on 5 rides where people have come off in maybe 20,000 km? One was my own and only on one did someone actually need to go to go to hospital. Kinda freaky when you start counting it up...

Nagash
23rd July 2008, 17:29

Oh how easy it would be to hi-jack this thread to start a debate..

10 characters. 'Nuff said.

TOTO
24th July 2008, 00:20

funny you were the first person to think of that ...

Macstar
25th July 2008, 17:43
Bloody brilliant idea. Though.. could you handle being hammered by a Rebel..?

Mate, you handled that Rebel around Scenic Drive ridiculously well - I bet you can navigate the first set of corners with your eyes shut now? Watch the cold tyres though mate.

North, West, East... Central? still gotta do South though :woohoo: Keen! :killingme...

Yeah, I just cancelled my holiday to Rarotonga - so will put that money towards a NZ tour this summer now instead. I am keen to explore the South Is on a bike too.

Nagash
25th July 2008, 17:53
I bet you can navigate the first set of corners with your eyes shut now?

Err, I have actually.. blind folded.. but I was not of straight state of mind..

Hanne
26th July 2008, 23:03
Yeah, I just cancelled my holiday to Rarotonga - so will put that money towards a NZ tour this summer now instead. I am keen to explore the South Is on a bike too.

Come visit me in Naseby! Planning to go down to central otago and do some fruit picking and sight seeing for a few months over the summer

ozrobo
27th July 2008, 00:51
im always up for the ride send us a pm if goin out like them odds 4000 to one :chase: