PDA

View Full Version : Baby Shower(s)

Hanne
20th July 2008, 18:13
It seems that several SMC bikes have recently begun reproducing, with the birthing suite of Stephen's Shed all but booked out in recent times.

This thread is for the introduction of these new juvenile machines.
Suggested Information:
Colour
Parentage (When known)
Weight
Name

And date of baby shower/ beer-christening of machine!

May the introductions begin....

ital916
20th July 2008, 18:32
I broke my baby when I got her airborne and then supermanned into the ground and then bled all over myself and stephens kitchen sink and my ass hurts.....good things babies are easy to fix and fun as hell to throw around.

PirateJafa
20th July 2008, 18:43
...and my ass hurts.....

Yeah, you took it like a little girl too.

May the introductions begin....

Sally, born of a RD and TL (Only options really, as the KLRs are too old and broken-spirited for that sort of byplay), ninja-black.

Chiller!

ital916
20th July 2008, 18:51
Mine is from jafa fucking a klr, thats why it's retarded, and slow, and handles like shit and now a klr smells like shit after jafa was done with it :whistle:.

PirateJafa
20th July 2008, 18:58
Now now, debtor. ;)

motorbyclist
20th July 2008, 19:17
i think mine is the offspring of my MX bike (the four-hundy) and the viffer. almost a year old now:hug:, and for a b-day prezzie it's to get it's first new sparkplug!

dressed up in blue/yellow repsol

(current plug a bit weak thus giving starting difficulty. i hear getting NGK plugs makes a big reliability difference over the stock chinese ones)

I broke my baby when I got her airborne and then supermanned into the ground and then bled all over myself and stephens kitchen sink and my ass hurts.....good things babies are easy to fix and fun as hell to throw around.

wtf? you actually managed to hurt yourself on one of those things!? gloves + elbow pad + helmet = sweet

dushi, dushi, dushi.

man up! rocket road rash isn't that bad (till you get chlorinated water on it)

Slyer
20th July 2008, 19:18
Sasha the minimoto, twin of sally but got all the good genes. :)
Black + stickers!

Slyer
20th July 2008, 19:24
PHOTOS :D
Ten char

BANZAI
20th July 2008, 19:27
Hehe I have low-sided Sally :rofl:

Now I need new overpants :pinch:

It was amazing watching dushy bin his Minimotard.

There were sparks even!!!! :eek:

Slyer
20th July 2008, 19:30
Sparks and plenty of air :D
In other news I passed my BHS test today. :)

motorbyclist
20th July 2008, 19:37
shite you guys were brave in both riding those on smooth, wet concrete with slicks on, and in getting them wet!

who's the munter with the motard!?

motorbyclist
20th July 2008, 19:40
bare heads?! t shirts and shorts?! no gloves?!

you guys have a lot to learn about head trauma, permanently fucking your elbows by chipping a bit of bone off the end, and how annoying road rash is :no:

PirateJafa
20th July 2008, 19:44
Yeah, you missed the guy riding in jandals. :facepalm:

Pedrostt500
20th July 2008, 19:55
thats a relife I thought the thread was about liquifying babies and taking a shower, Though I do have a BIG blender.

klyong82
20th July 2008, 20:06
Not sure where motorbyclist baby repsol came from but it sure looks exactly like my Fireblade...

ital916
20th July 2008, 20:27
I was wearing draggin jeans, leather jacket and a helmet, I forgot the gloves and paid for it with my blood haha. Good fun, just don't try jump the motard in the rain on oil covered driveway.

Hanne
20th July 2008, 21:22
i think mine is the offspring of my MX bike (the four-hundy) and the viffer. almost a year old now:hug:, and for a b-day prezzie it's to get it's first new sparkplug!

dressed up in blue/yellow repsol

So when's the birthday celebration then??
Not sure if she's in any of the photos but the litle honda repsol with a cream mudguard and no engine.... Yeah, that's my one! Must've caught something nasty like syphilis off Andrew's dirty old honda when it was conceived. :2guns:

motorbyclist
20th July 2008, 21:28
Not sure if she's in any of the photos but the litle honda repsol with a cream mudguard and no engine.... Yeah, that's my one! Must've caught something nasty like syphilis off Andrew's dirty old honda when it was conceived. :2guns:

in that case madison will have it too;)

(and it's shell, not repsol:p)

EDIT: birthday? dunno, next sunny weekend perhaps? accidentally fixed the sidestand too (with hammer, trying to bash it off)

Slyer
20th July 2008, 21:33
Your cream one is in these two photos hanne.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=100805&d=1216538525
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=100809&d=1216538557

Going to name it or wait till it's working? :P

HungusMaximist
20th July 2008, 21:47
Give us a bell when you guys do more pocket rocket fun, I presume it'd be on Dilworth grounds?

Brought my bro to the frostys fun MX day and from the short time we were there, he got covered in head to toe in mud fun.

On my way back to Auckland central at the Foodtown roundabout in Henderson, saw two black punks on their bikes. I believe it was Kim and Issac...

Hanne
20th July 2008, 21:58
in that case madison will have it too;)

(and it's shell, not repsol:p)

Well, with the genes of that mongrel Honda it's probably got a bit of everything!
Poor poor Madison.... That must be the reason she is always too grumpy to start in the mornings...

Squiggles
20th July 2008, 21:58
Give us a bell when you guys do more pocket rocket fun, I presume it'd be on Dilworth grounds?

nah, we go down the road to epsom campus carpark, it's got less bumps than dilworth :D

motorbyclist
20th July 2008, 22:02
the unitec one was pretty impressive for sheer size , we should go there some time too.

no poles either, but maybe there'll be learner cagers present...

klyong82
20th July 2008, 23:32
On my way back to Auckland central at the Foodtown roundabout in Henderson, saw two black punks on their bikes. I believe it was Kim and Issac...

Well at least these two punks had a jolly good blast at Piha.....unlike ya wuzzy always making excuses in not coming for rides... :shutup:

Macstar
21st July 2008, 08:34
Well at least these two punks had a jolly good blast at Piha.....unlike ya wuzzy always making excuses in not coming for rides... :shutup:

Myeeees<_< to the above.

In other news: Nothing like the tar snakes in the wet on Scenic drive to leave skid marks in your undies!

EJK
21st July 2008, 10:02
Mines due soon.... I hope

ital916
21st July 2008, 15:56
Myeeees<_< to the above.

In other news: Nothing like the tar snakes in the wet on Scenic drive to leave skid marks in your undies!

If I was your guardian angel, I would go on fucking strike.

ital916
21st July 2008, 15:57
Mines due soon.... I hope

:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme

:drinkup: have a tui

Slyer
21st July 2008, 17:57
If I was your guardian angel, I would go on fucking strike.

No sex eh? Always works.

gijoe1313
21st July 2008, 18:12
Dizzam, I guess I better get Chapi and Chapo back to running order! :lol: :scooter: Now there are more pocket rockets to fool around with!

Yeah, I remember whizzing down the road at 80kph sans ATGATT and thinking :no: :slap: :sick: The road looks so much more sandpaperish and rashing when you are only a few inches away from it!

NighthawkNZ
21st July 2008, 18:17
Baby Shower(s)

Wouldn't that hurt the babys... does CYPS know abouts... I do hopw you give the babies parachutes and all :scratch:

oh wait... ummm never mind :bleh:

motorbyclist
21st July 2008, 23:16

i may have found a cure

http://www.scooterparts.co.nz/pocketrockets.html

Slyer
21st July 2008, 23:42
The motor costs nearly twice as much as the whole bike to replace :P
The pull start housing + other stuff might be useful

motorbyclist
22nd July 2008, 00:58
yeah, it's a ripoff, but handy nonetheless. if you need a new motor just contact a seller of the things

btw, i found the number of the guy i bought mine off, for those interested

Squiggles
22nd July 2008, 08:17
i may have found a cure

http://www.scooterparts.co.nz/pocketrockets.html

Half the sellers i've found charge more for a pullstart than they do for a new clutch and pullstart combo.... :lol:

EJK
22nd July 2008, 10:53

:drinkup: have a tui

Oh thank you Dushi aka Mr. "I've-got-cash-to-burn" :rolleyes:

I might get one if I have some spare cash after getting the FXR on the road...

BANZAI
22nd July 2008, 11:02
Me and Ehab can throw $20 each for pocket rocket fleet.:laugh:

Anyone want to sponsor us $200 more to purchase Minimotard?
(Or two more person $100 each, $50 and $150 etc)

You get to keep pocket rocket to your garage, but let us ride it when there's pocket rocket race :p

EJK
22nd July 2008, 11:07

You get to keep pocket rocket to your garage, but let us ride it when there's pocket rocket race :p

Keep me noticed ;)

ital916
22nd July 2008, 12:57
after getting the FXR on the road...

:drinkup: have another

motorbyclist
22nd July 2008, 22:03

why the minimotards? you shouldn't trust those chassis offroad, can't ride them offroad, can't really trust a chinese 4 stroke/gearbox (lots of moving precision parts), and is it really fair and/or a good idea racing those with the pocket rockets?

and they cost a lot more

BANZAI
22nd July 2008, 22:15
why the minimotards? you shouldn't trust those chassis offroad, can't ride them offroad, can't really trust a chinese 4 stroke/gearbox (lots of moving precision parts), and is it really fair and/or a good idea racing those with the pocket rockets?

and they cost a lot more

No not those, it's the one Dushy got. It's 2stroke and same size as pocketrockets. It only cost $30 more than pocketrockets.

Dushy's one is actually slower than pocketrockets :lol:
Probly because of Carb setting it only goes when it hits its very topend :p

It's got pegs in different position and I find it easier to ride than pocketrockets hehee

motorbyclist
22nd July 2008, 22:25
No not those, it's the one Dushy got. It's 2stroke and same size as pocketrockets. It only cost $30 more than pocketrockets.

Dushy's one is actually slower than pocketrockets :lol:
Probly because of Carb setting it only goes when it hits its very topend :p

It's got pegs in different position and I find it easier to ride than pocketrockets hehee

so he's the idiot who bought one!

if it's that same motor it's going to suffer from the heavier chassis (i was thinking it was a more expensive 4 stroke one)

and YOU find it easier? i'm a good foot taller than you and still manage to fit on a pocket rocket!

imo sticking to eligible racing classes is always a good idea when buying a racing bike:laugh:

All bikes must be in a safe operating condition, this is at the riders discretion.
Mini or Midi sized bikes are of legal size.
Wheel base should be no more than 750mm, with an over all height of no more than (a B1, will check heights).
Must have fixed or no suspension.
Fixed foot pegs, no folding foot pegs and must be of nylon outer construction to help minimize track damage.
Nylon-Plastic handle bar ends must be fitted for the same reason.
Slider blocks of suitable size near front and rear axles are optional.
Cable or hydraulic braking systems(minimoto type only) – front and rear.
No dangerous protruding parts such as brackets or stands of any kind.
Must have pull cord style starting system.
No batteries are to be used on any MiniMoto, magneto style ignitions only.
Rim size is to be no greater than seven inches in diameter.
Fixed gearing, no multiple gear systems or step less drives.
Only centrifugal clutches may be used, no hand or foot operated clutch systems of any kind.
No glycol based coolants are permitted in water cooled bikes on any track, coolant may be available from sign on area or most karting shops.
Maximum engine displacement of 50cc (Apart from Open class where max 52cc).
Operational kill switch mounted to either handle bar.
Exhaust systems must have a functional muffler to keep the MiniMoto noise to an acceptable level as per the hosting clubs noise levels.

oi squigs:
can we apply for a subsidised trip to mt wellington for a trackday?

motorbyclist
22nd July 2008, 22:30
omg!

General Description of a MiniMoto
Miniature road race motorcycle, no higher than an adults knee.
Originally from Japan, then perfected by the Italians, now mass produced by the Chinese.
The name MiniMoto or Pocket Bike has been used for some years now in Europe and the UK, world champion Valentino Rossi started motorcycle racing on such a machine, today many youngsters have emerged from this sport as top level racers with a promising future ahead of them.

to the track!

BANZAI
22nd July 2008, 22:33
so he's the idiot who bought one!

if it's that same motor it's going to suffer from the heavier chassis (i was thinking it was a more expensive 4 stroke one)

and YOU find it easier? i'm a good foot taller than you and still manage to fit on a pocket rocket!

imo sticking to eligible racing classes is always a good idea when buying a racing bike:laugh:

oi squigs:
can we apply for a subsidised trip to mt wellington for a trackday?

Hmm but it's got same engine and I don't think it's got huge weight difference... It was something to do with engine power deliverly.
Coz in straight of Epsom carpark I can catch up with Jafa's insanely fast pocketrocket(but need to pull plug out to start everytime after engine stop :p oh and it doesn't have fairing so it's gotta be in another class hehe) when power kicks in :bleh:

I find it easier to ride because of slightly less vibration thanks to it's wee-suspension XD

Pocketrockets Mt.Wellington race to the sky?? :rofl:

motorbyclist
22nd July 2008, 22:43
Hmm but it's got same engine and I don't think it's got huge weight difference... It was something to do with engine power deliverly.
Coz in straight of Epsom carpark I can catch up with Jafa's insanely fast pocketrocket(but need to pull plug out to start everytime after engine stop :p oh and it doesn't have fairing so it's gotta be in another class hehe) when power kicks in :bleh:

I find it easier to ride because of slightly less vibration thanks to it's wee-suspension XD

Pocketrockets Mt.Wellington race to the sky?? :rofl:

do you know the weight difference? it's probably less than the rider weight difference now i think about it

could be a pretty big variability in the engines just due to shit/no/standard chinese quality control

sooooo keen to start modifying/tuning my one. wanna squeeze as much power as i can while still keeping the stock parts

and the plug issue - either carby needs tuning, you've mixed too much oil, you're flooding it in between starts, or it just doesn't like you. mine doesn't like me either, even now i've got the mix right at the carby, still tweaking the oil

2wheeljunkie
23rd July 2008, 10:55
im lookin for mine right now..!:clap:

ital916
23rd July 2008, 11:03
I'm gonna pull the carby apart on the mini motard and then make sure the rest of the bike is tip top. After that it's getting the mixture right and then making it as insanely cool as possible. I'm thinking a nos kit to get the rear spinning on corners haha awesome *forsees much loss of blood in this venture*

Squiggles
23rd July 2008, 12:14
and the plug issue - either carby needs tuning, you've mixed too much oil, you're flooding it in between starts, or it just doesn't like you. mine doesn't like me either, even now i've got the mix right at the carby, still tweaking the oil

Fun with jafa's, pull plug, wipe plug, put on 1/3 choke, 15 degrees of throttle, pull hard, and she's off :eek:

motorbyclist
24th July 2008, 00:52
im lookin for mine right now..!:clap:

i've got the number of the guy who sold me mine if you wanna skip the TM fees

Zim_Invader
24th July 2008, 01:18
hermm... now, i've been dropping hints here and there. it's my birthday soon... anyboy feeling generous enough to buy me a lil pocket rocket!???

pweeez? haha

lets see how this rides out with the mates.... (question:what do u want for your birthday? -response: a POCKET F##$@%G ROCKET!!... google it)
and then i direct them all to andrew, who'll give them the info on where to get it! yaay, all are happy - if only that'd happen!)

motorbyclist
24th July 2008, 01:47
lol, get the pocket rocket in the garage, and then one night swap it for your VTR.

when the parents flip out, just say it must've grown:laugh:

all that high octane fuel you've been feeding it:rofl:

ehab2weelr
24th July 2008, 14:05
man now i want a pocket rocket, sounds so much fun....banzi i might buy my own when i have the cash, im just thinking if every one in the club gets one then we would all go racing and see who can get the most powr out of them....hahah but il fund u my $20 anyways hahah

motorbyclist
24th July 2008, 18:47
im just thinking if every one in the club gets one then we would all go racing and see who can get the most powr out of them

which is why everyone buying the same model would be a good idea

Zim_Invader
24th July 2008, 23:46
haha, but then being the broke uni students we are, if we can get one at a brilliantly low price (ie ~150) then spec difference aside, i'm getting me that.. means i can then afford anther game of paintball!!! (of a gun of my own, anyway). hehe. (seeing as the chance of me getting one for teh birthday is slim enough as it is)

motorbyclist
25th July 2008, 01:48
one step at a time!

paintball is expensive if you do it regulary, buy the pocket rocket first and then look for a 'marker' - you've only got so much time to spend;

(omg it's only the first week and i'm already up late meeting deadlines)

motorbyclist
27th July 2008, 14:02
SO i rode the viffer on friday and saturday and all is good

damage is purely cosmetic, bike still flys straight and runs fine:)

PirateJafa
27th July 2008, 14:14
Even better because you don't have to worry about scratching her. ;)

motorbyclist
27th July 2008, 18:31
whoops wrong thread

motorbyclist
27th July 2008, 18:33
BTW, i've ordered 4 sparkplugs to suit the rockets. $6.50 each, should fix alot of starting problems