PDA

View Full Version : Help needed - zxr250c clutch cable

Strang0r
24th July 2008, 09:47
Gah last night my clutch cable broke on my way home :(

I managed to ride home without the clutch which wasn't as bad as i expect but in doing so, the little adjuster thingy fell off the lever too :( :( :(

I went down to Bay City Motorcycles to see if i could get replacements and they say because its an import bike they'll have to order the clutch cable and a whole clutch lever which doesn't sound cheap :(

I'm on holiday which makes it worse as I'll need to ride back to palmy next week so I don't have much time to wait around for parts to be delivered...

Is there anyone in the tauranga area that may be able to help me out with a clutch cable and/or the little adjuster bit from the clutch lever for a '93 kawasaki zxr250c??

any help / advice would be appreciated :)

nodrog
24th July 2008, 09:52
try GP Honda at the mount, they are a wreckers and might be able to sort you one.

Strang0r
24th July 2008, 09:58
try GP Honda at the mount, they are a wreckers and might be able to sort you one.

Cheers, I just gave them a call so fingers crossed they call me back with good news.

xwhatsit
24th July 2008, 11:28
I went down to Bay City Motorcycles to see if i could get replacements and they say because its an import bike they'll have to order the clutch cable and a whole clutch lever which doesn't sound cheap :(
Bollocks!

For a start, it's easy enough to get those little adjusters separately.

Secondly, even if nobody in NZ has a ZXR250 clutch cable (sounds highly unlikely given the amount of them here), you can get a cable made up for $40 or less. You still have the original broken cable, right? They just make up a new `inner' (the wire on the inside) with the appropriate fittings on each end.

Strang0r
24th July 2008, 11:38
Success!! the little adjuster thingy will be about $5 and a new cable will be in my hands tomorrow around 11am :D I hope this nice weather continues tomorrow so I can get out and enjoy it :D

Thanks for your help guys :D

nodrog
24th July 2008, 11:49
Thanks for your help guys :D

you can buy the bourbon at the pub tonight :drinknsin