PDA

View Full Version : Wot about these then......

scooter
25th July 2008, 18:49
Hey guys does anyone know about these bikes. Looking at them for my 8 year old kids.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Pocket-pit-bikes/auction-151910572.htm

Cheers Scooter....

CookMySock
25th July 2008, 19:01
If you want a kiddie toy for them to putter around in the back yard, then no way. If you want to take them to the kart track and teach them to race, then all good. These little bikes are scary.

DB

Trudes
25th July 2008, 19:36
I've been thinking of getting one to ride to work on.

BigAl
25th July 2008, 20:02
I've been thinking of getting one to ride to work on.
Pretty dangerous on the road as they are so small and you're liable to be run over by trucks and/or SUVs.

They are ok for 8 year old kids so long as they learn to ride them in wide open spaces and really need protective gear inc knee pads, gloves, helmets & no skin.
They are also capable of around 50kph so the track is the ideal location.

Good fun though:yes:

Trudes
25th July 2008, 20:06
I was kinda kidding, I'd only ride it on the footpath though.:msn-wink:
But have been thinking of getting one just piss about on for shits and giggles and to take to the bucket track to arse about on sometimes.

grantman
25th July 2008, 21:52
My son rides one and he is 8
He enjoyed going around the track at MT Wellington

He says its actually harder to ride than his XR70
Its mainly due to the size and the centre of gravity

They can be a bit twitchy (yes I know a very technical term)

But overall a lot of fun

The Track is they way to go and the kids love to ride along side other riders in a safe & controlled enviroment.

Number One
25th July 2008, 21:52
I was kinda kidding, I'd only ride it on the footpath though.:msn-wink:
But have been thinking of getting one just piss about on for shits and giggles and to take to the bucket track to arse about on sometimes.
You could get one of those large flexi flags so trucks and SUVs COULD see you :lol:

Trudes
25th July 2008, 21:54
You could get one of those large flexi flags so trucks and SUVs COULD see you :lol:

Then people would know that I am a retard!!

Number One
25th July 2008, 22:01
What...you don't think getting on a teeny weeny bike would make you appear a little retarded looking? :lol:

Trudes
25th July 2008, 22:07
What...you don't think getting on a teeny weeny bike would make you appear a little retarded looking? :lol:

Absolutely, but the flag would definitely tip the scales!

Number One
25th July 2008, 22:08
Absolutely, but the flag would definitely tip the scales!
True - I wouldn't ride wit ya....

...actually I probably would you are my only friend :cry: NOT that you being my friend isn't great btw :shutup: keep digging!

Trudes
25th July 2008, 22:13
True - I wouldn't ride wit ya....

...actually I probably would you are my only friend :cry: NOT that you being my friend isn't great btw :shutup: keep digging!

Why don't you guys get one for Sully One for Xmas and then you and I can ride to each others houses on our pocket bikes!! (and around the park and stuff.. hehehe). Do you think it would make it up my hill?:scooter:

Number One
25th July 2008, 22:16
Why don't you guys get one for Sully One for Xmas and then you and I can ride to each others houses on our pocket bikes!! (and around the park and stuff.. hehehe). Do you think it would make it up my hill?:scooter:
The real question is would Sully One ever get to ride it and would Sully60 ever let me have a turn?!

Trudes
25th July 2008, 22:20
The real question is would Sully One ever get to ride it and would Sully60 ever let me have a turn?!

umm, yeah, probably not on both counts.
Anyway, let's let this guy get his question answered before you start posting pictures of half naked blokes in here and totally ruining his thread for him..:innocent:

CookMySock
25th July 2008, 22:26
But have been thinking of getting one just piss about on for shits and giggles and to take to the bucket track to arse about on sometimes.I'll bring a pair of them to Taupo at christmas time if I am able. They are nutty to ride - think "demented chainsaw on steroids sans muffler."

Steve

Number One
25th July 2008, 22:30
:lol: ME?!!!! He hasn't been naughty so I would be happy to post hot girls for him...

Infact on that note here's one I prepared earlier...apologies MR Original Poster...hope this makes up for our shit talkin somewhat :hug:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/picture.php?albumid=589&pictureid=5864

Trudes
25th July 2008, 22:32
Sounds like fun DB.
Good on ya #1.

DELLORTO
26th July 2008, 10:14
My son rides one and he is 8
He enjoyed going around the track at MT Wellington

He says its actually harder to ride than his XR70
Its mainly due to the size and the centre of gravity

They can be a bit twitchy (yes I know a very technical term)

But overall a lot of fun

The Track is they way to go and the kids love to ride along side other riders in a safe & controlled enviroment.

hae grantman.....if he says its twitchy ive got a streering damper for daytona 2's that works good

grantman
26th July 2008, 22:48
Hi Dellorto
He more meaning its not as stable
His XR70 is sooo easy to ride
very smooth power

so the daytona a little harder and he is still getting used to it

Cheers
though

SHELRACING
27th July 2008, 19:30
Hi Scooter,

These bikes are great for small kids and big kids.
My 6yr old grandaughter is learning to ride mine.
As has been posted in plenty of other threads, they are not designed for puttering round the backyard like a 4 stroke. They really play up.
After they have been 'run in', they need to be thrashed in a big open space.
The Go-Kart track at Mt Wellington is the ideal place.
The kids need to learn about safety too. Wearing the right protective gear is important.
They are a great learning tool for further development by kids, into bigger race bikes. :2thumbsup
Valentino Rossi started racing on a pocketbike as a kid.

BigAl
27th July 2008, 19:51
Hey Grandma how's the shoulder?

Have you been back on the moto lately?

CookMySock
27th July 2008, 20:36
suggestion: for littler timid kids, get some foam earplugs in them and their helmet on before you start the bike the first time they are near it. Once you start it you will see what I mean - even my wife took a step back! This will hopefully get them past their fear of it much quicker.

DB

CRF119
29th July 2008, 14:13
I had a mate just buy that exact bike after i told him you wont get much for $199.00 and he didnt listen. They look really cool from a good couple meters back but when you look close im not sure it will last long. In this case it didn't, coil stopped working within 30 min of riding. And broken foot pegg but i think that was his fault.