PDA

View Full Version : Fix it Today

Squiggles
26th July 2008, 09:08
Starting at 10, going till at least 4, maybe later... bring all your bits along, ill open up the shed next door and we'll move all the bikes out of mine and into it to give us plenty of room to work

txt 0212685528 post 10pm (phones flat, ill have it charging by then), address is 26c Mt St John Ave, Epsom

Real_Wolf
26th July 2008, 17:31
:P

Great timing, with the worst weather there is.

I think some of the stuff on mine needs some paid work though, some of its easy, some of its challenging to fix

motorbyclist
27th July 2008, 14:27
:P

Great timing, with the worst weather there is.

I think some of the stuff on mine needs some paid work though, some of its easy, some of its challenging to fix

don't worry, between us i don't think there's anything outside the scope of squiggles' and my own abilities/experience/knowledge

(and you did buy a bike hat the owner said had just spent a month with a mechanic, and looking through the seller's posts, had rear ended a car shortly before he bought a new bike.... so you can expect problems:()

(further re-read shows the mechanic replaced the inner fork tubes, so the accident clearly bent the forks etc, so it's a safe assumption this is the same crashed bike. lets hope the mechanic did a good job)

Real_Wolf
27th July 2008, 14:53
the forks seem fine, alot better off than my mates who had his forks done by a mechanic before he bought it, and the seal seems to be leaking on the right fork.

The biggest problem is the leaking front tyre, it has a persistent but slow leak, good for like 60k+ of straight riding, or a night after being pumped, but if i leave it for a full day its down to like 15psi if i'm lucky

motorbyclist
27th July 2008, 18:28
yes i can be quite cynical, but better safe then sorry with these things.

the forks seem fine, alot better off than my mates who had his forks done by a mechanic before he bought it, and the seal seems to be leaking on the right fork.

The biggest problem is the leaking front tyre, it has a persistent but slow leak, good for like 60k+ of straight riding, or a night after being pumped, but if i leave it for a full day its down to like 15psi if i'm lucky

just saying if the forks were bent there is possible damage to the rest of the chassis.... like a bend/crack in the headstock welds, a dented/deformed front rim and/or rotor etc etc

and of course, any old bike that's had a month with a mechanic prior to sale likely had a serious problem which was never disclosed. owner has 'fixed' it and now rides another 250..... then you say the bike cuts out/has problems, me thinks there might be very expensive problems if you pay ppl to look at it

dushi (drider) would be able to tell you all about this sort of thing. he bought a bike under similar conditions. a few months bikeless and well over a grand later with complete top end rebuild, only now is the engine running properly - for now.

i'd suggest you go get the puncture repaired before it gets worse. it wont be more than 30 bucks - but could be possible the leak is due to damage to the rim.

had a front blow out on me (rapid puncture) before and i tell you now it isn't nice at 140kph mid corner - previous owner did an illegal repair to the tyre wall, which of course failed.

also seen many people suffer after unwittingly buying other people's problems, so bring it to a fix it day and we'll have a looksie at it:)