PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip Rotovegas III: Provisional date set 9-10 Aug

Macstar
27th July 2008, 13:17
As discussed, the third round of the Roadtrip Rotovegas is set to depart Sat 9 Aug. Somewhere in the depths of the SMC club archives are old threads on the previous roadies to Vegas. Good times were experienced by all that have been.

The general idea is a 'Coastal Route' there. This means cruising along Akl to Kaiaua to Whangamata to Waihi to Tauranga to Whakatane and then over to Vegas (a great final twisty piece of road).

Acommodation is usually at the Rotorua Thermal Holiday Park which is near the Golf Course and features 5 person log cabins at around $18 p/p p/n - which is pretty reasonable. The accom also has its own hot pools which are the best thing after a solid day's riding. We may have snuck a few beers into the pools last time too...

Coming home is open and flexible - a main highway trip is around 2.5-3 hrs.

For those counting the pennies: Expect a good $100 - 120 on fuel, $18 accom and then food n beers etc, but the trip is only for one night so not too pricy.

I can't be shagged posting a fancy Google map, or a ride sign up thing, so just register your interest here (unless some proficient person wants to do this?).

It's a provisional date - I am keen to go then or the weekend after if the majority insists - but that's about it. Last time we pissed around with about 4-5 dates and it just became too complicated. You can either go Sat 9 Aug or the 16 Aug.

Cheers.

CookMySock
27th July 2008, 14:40
If you want an ultra-tight-and-bendy road then consider Manawahe Rd from Matata to Lake Rotoma. Here ;
http://tinyurl.com/5f3847

If you have an hour up your sleeve and you want something fast and isolated with some wicked sweepers, consider going via Murupara, thusly ;
http://tinyurl.com/6mdjex

Both of these roads are epic compared to the main road. If you absolutely must take the direct route, at least consider Braemar Rd (faster than the main highway anyhow), here ;
http://tinyurl.com/62trtd

In this area, remember you are a stones throw from us, so call if you have problems.

HTH. Have a legendary ride.
Steve

Nagash
27th July 2008, 17:11
Sounds good to me, i'm set for 9th August but will do the weekend after if other people have a whinge and a moan.

2wheeljunkie
27th July 2008, 18:15
im in if it is on the 16th macstar..churs..! :)

motorbyclist
28th July 2008, 00:09
i'm in if it won't conflict with uni, and have the dosh...

doing this after exams suits better...

Macstar
28th July 2008, 08:34
i'm in if it won't conflict with uni, and have the dosh... doing this after exams suits better...

You just started uni again and I aint waiting till Nov. Two dates to choose from if you want to come on the 3rd round.

**Thanks DB for the links. We'll check these out over a few beers!

Nagash
28th July 2008, 16:50
Bloody useless uni students.. they're everywhere!

klyong82
28th July 2008, 17:44
Bloody useless uni students.. they're everywhere!

Yeah bloody uni....come to AUT to study instead.....bigger pay rise for me...;)

motorbyclist
28th July 2008, 18:09
what i mean is that if i don't have any major assignments that weekend i could still come

Cr1MiNaL
28th July 2008, 18:27
I leave for overseas on the 8th so if you want to go this weekend Im keen !

Nagash
28th July 2008, 20:45
Yeah bloody uni....come to AUT to study instead.....bigger pay rise for me...;)

Or get a real job you bloody bums.

Hanne
28th July 2008, 21:52
im in if it is on the 16th macstar..churs..! :)

Me too! Heading down for the 16th for the Tough Guy ' n' Gal challenge, you get a free hat at the end, yusssss.

bomma
28th July 2008, 23:34
gonna be sloshed on the 9th so i cant do that but can do the weekend after so my vote is cast for the 16th :2thumbsup

bomma
28th July 2008, 23:35
I leave for overseas on the 8th so if you want to go this weekend Im keen !

where are you goin cuz?? and what are ya gettin me?? :hug::2thumbsup

2wheeljunkie
5th August 2008, 15:54
sweet seems there's 3 of us whose keen for the 16th..how many ppl are goin the 9th macstar? actually make that four..ryan told me he's keen too.

klyong82
5th August 2008, 21:27
sweet seems there's 3 of us whose keen for the 16th..how many ppl are goin the 9th macstar? actually make that four..ryan told me he's keen too.

Macstar is unlicence for the next 3 and half weeks....so doubt the ride will include him.....might just have to wait..