PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning out the shed -pick yer stuff up

Squiggles
27th July 2008, 16:41
Having a cleanout as i cant find my own stuff / move around with all the extras. The following need to be collected:

3 x Pocketrocket
1 x fxr
1 x srv handlebars
1 x rs250 rear brake pads

and numerous other bits, if you dont want them ill trademe them and profits go to the club

BANZAI
27th July 2008, 17:07
SRV bar please :whistle:

Slyer
27th July 2008, 17:14
Hey I would have taken the pocket rocket but I thought you wanted it there.

klyong82
27th July 2008, 18:26
I'll take the TLR engine thank you.

MGST
27th July 2008, 18:47
You gonna TLR the TLS Stevo?

Squiggles
27th July 2008, 18:48
You gonna TLR the TLS Stevo?

Only if i need to ;)

ital916
27th July 2008, 20:03
I'll be round to pick up my srv bars sometime this week. And the mini motard.

Slyer
27th July 2008, 20:31
The pull start is MINE so leave it alone. :P

Ragingrob
27th July 2008, 23:40
Oi my helmet is safe at yours right? It's pretty much been donated to the pocket rocket crew anyway :p

gijoe1313
27th July 2008, 23:41
You mean there is free shizzle to be picked up? :whistle:

motorbyclist
28th July 2008, 00:16
dibs on the rockets

Having a cleanout as i cant find my own stuff / move around with all the extras. The following need to be collected:

3 x Pocketrocket
1 x fxr
1 x srv handlebars

and numerous other bits, if you dont want them ill trademe them and profits go to the club

LOL, today timati ended up going to cycletreads to buy a new set of pads cause he couldn't find the ones he bought earlier.

(ONROAD told him he needed new pads for his wof, yet upon my inspection there was still almost 1mm of "tread" left on the wear indicator)

EJK
28th July 2008, 10:40
Will pick it up soon. Hold on I will pay the storage fees too lol

Chrislost
28th July 2008, 12:06
dibs on the rockets

LOL, today timati ended up going to cycletreads to buy a new set of pads cause he couldn't find the ones he bought earlier.

(ONROAD told him he needed new pads for his wof, yet upon my inspection there was still almost 1mm of "tread" left on the wear indicator)

ON-ROAD are chumps tho...

think that car pads and bike pads wear the same

Timati
28th July 2008, 12:15

3 x Pocketrocket
1 x fxr
1 x srv handlebars

Hi Mate,

Was looking for those rear brake pads yesterday when Andrew popped by to help me put them in. When can I come and pick them up? I was looking for them all over. Even told Andrew I thought I might have left them at your place. Ended up buying a new pair since On-Road "thought" I needed them replaced.

Squiggles
28th July 2008, 12:30
When can I come and pick them up?

txt me, and ill tell you whereabouts i am (at mine or hannes which is just up the road)

EJK
28th July 2008, 12:40
I'm going to ask my parents for the money, lets get this done and over with. I need it :(

Hanne
28th July 2008, 21:57
The pull start is MINE so leave it alone. :P

Haha I seem to remember the life of the pull start going back further than that... Then again you prob have more use for it right now. Seeing as you actually have an engine and all.

Slyer
28th July 2008, 22:00
You can have it back once you have a need for it. ;)

motorbyclist
28th July 2008, 22:03
cause rope is sooo expensive:laugh:

Squiggles
28th July 2008, 22:04
cause rope is sooo expensive:laugh:

nah we nerfed the coils

motorbyclist
28th July 2008, 22:12
the springs? just wind them back up

or the electrical coils? that should be covered under the CGA

Slyer
28th July 2008, 22:15
It would be until they decided to pull it to bits and then cut it up. :P
He said they come with no warranty but yeah, still got the 7 day guarantee when you buy anything.

Squiggles
28th July 2008, 22:22

nah, problem is we cant get the fookers back in after winding without loosing fingers

motorbyclist
28th July 2008, 22:23
He said they come with no warranty but yeah, still got the 7 day guarantee when you buy anything.

you WHAT?!

Squiggles
28th July 2008, 22:30
you WHAT?!

trimmed it, still attacked dushi, t'was a good thing we put on our safety goggles...

motorbyclist
28th July 2008, 23:32
wtf drove you to cut away the material that winds back up the rope?

Hanne
30th July 2008, 09:04
They TRIMMED it! Comes out half as far as it used to, ideal for people with short arms of small children or dwarfs.

motorbyclist
30th July 2008, 11:41
nah, problem is we cant get the fookers back in after winding without loosing fingers

the reason those ropes break is that ppl pull them right to their limit, which is now very easy to do..

srsly, wtf guys. we are talking the spring here right? i expected better from you stephen!

put some gloves on and wind the sucker back on. it's not hard, just time consuming. pays to have one person feed the spring as the other winds it on (and omg check it's the right way first). if you've cut it how the fuck to you intend to fit it? why would you even consider such a thing?!

once it's on either hold onto it or bolt a bit of wood to it to keep it there as you wind on a new rope. feed rope thru hole in cover, fit the reel back in, pull rope out a turn or two, then fit handle (so it returns completey) and cut excess.

you can buy pullstart rope from any chainsaw/mower shop, or just do what i do and maul old chainsaws you may have lying around:niceone:

Squiggles
30th July 2008, 12:14
New version fits fine, easier to coil up, the trick is fitting the fucker seeing as you've got to clip into the inside of the cover and the side of the pullstart mechanism... which requires you to push the two into each other, without letting the spring unwind or go nuts

motorbyclist
30th July 2008, 17:13
New version fits fine, easier to coil up, the trick is fitting the fucker seeing as you've got to clip into the inside of the cover and the side of the pullstart mechanism... which requires you to push the two into each other, without letting the spring unwind or go nuts

may be easier to wind, but you've got less pull, which is going to make starting harder and likely cause an increase in rope failure

getting them on is easy, just make sure you've got the hook bits right cause the last thing you want to do it pull it off again

Squiggles
30th July 2008, 17:46
may be easier to wind, but you've got less pull, which is going to make starting harder and likely cause an increase in rope failure

getting them on is easy, just make sure you've got the hook bits right cause the last thing you want to do it pull it off again

you can try it, we were getting good at "almost" doing it :argh:

motorbyclist
30th July 2008, 17:54
so why'd ya cut it?!

Squiggles
30th July 2008, 18:32
so why'd ya cut it?!

Was well overwound, and the end was munted, so we knocked off ooh, 7" (?) off it, considered making one a drill start too, but cbf'd

motorbyclist
30th July 2008, 22:16
i've already tried a drill start, directly on the bolt holding the flywheel, which promptly sheared off.

maybe if you could hook the drill up to the pullstart mechanism.....

just remember it kinda needs that plastic housing fitted for cooling (like a lawnmower, the flywheel has an impeller to suck in air and send it over the cylinder, passing the ignition coil on it's way

Squiggles
31st July 2008, 08:59
i've already tried a drill start, directly on the bolt holding the flywheel, which promptly sheared off.

maybe if you could hook the drill up to the pullstart mechanism.....

yer, thats what i was thinking, that way when the engine takes off less chance you'll fuck the flywheel

motorbyclist
31st July 2008, 18:38
my engine never started either - those bolts are shit, but it would appear they've glued the flywheel on pretty well. havn't replaced the bolt and it's still holding on there:D