PDA

View Full Version : AUSA Clubs Ball

Squiggles
29th July 2008, 21:21
CLUBS BALL

This is the first year that AUSA is organising a ball. This event will take place on the 20th of September at the FLOATING PAVILION on the waterfront. We only have limited numbers so it is first in first served. There will be loads of prizes for each category winner, if you would like to vote for the winner, below are the categories:

Ø Supreme Club of the year

Ø Stand out new club

Ø Event of the year

Ø Beyond the call of duty

Ø Outstanding Faculty/Academic Club

Ø Contribution to community

Ø Performing Arts Award

Ø Cultural Award

Ø Outdoor Sports Club Award

Ø Most Active Religious Club

Tickets go on sale on the 18th of August and will be $30 each. Watch this space for more info..

bomma
29th July 2008, 21:53
phat :"insert blingin black guy with fro emoticon here":

motorbyclist
30th July 2008, 11:46
I vote SMC for ALL of those

especially "most active religious club"

all hail the biker gods!

xwhatsit
30th July 2008, 14:01
Miss X isn't a member, but can she come with me? Or do I need to look for a new girlfriend belonging to the SMC? Nish -- you single...?

BANZAI
30th July 2008, 14:17
So Hanne and Sophie got partner already.

Is there gonna be "If you win this you can take Rie to the ball!!!:first:" competition?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(hope I don't get red rep from Rie and Rie's fanclub)

ital916
30th July 2008, 14:47

Is there gonna be "If you win this you can take Rie to the ball!!!:first:" competition?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(hope I don't get red rep from Rie and Rie's fanclub)

Why would anyone want to take rie?

bomma
30th July 2008, 15:15
Miss X isn't a member, but can she come with me? Or do I need to look for a new girlfriend belonging to the SMC? Nish -- you single...?

depends.....are you gonna pay for my ticket, be a real gentleman while we are out together and cook me breakfast??

klyong82
30th July 2008, 15:31
I'll come with my partner whose a TV3 weather lady...:love: We gonna rock the AUSA Ball...

PirateJafa
30th July 2008, 16:01
I vote SMC for ALL of those

especially "most active religious club"

all hail the biker gods!

Hell yes, I bet most of the club pray daily - "Oh god I overcooked that corner thank you lordy"/"Oh my god that diesel all over the fucking corner!"/"Oh lordy was that a mufti cop back there?"

Macstar
30th July 2008, 16:31
I'll take Andrew, he's the most likely to be mistaken for a chick (from behind) whilst intoxicated...:wari:

motorbyclist
30th July 2008, 17:17

I'll take Andrew, he's the most likely to be mistaken for a chick (from behind) whilst intoxicated...:wari:

:crazy:

sorry bud, already taking hanne and sophie:bleh:

Macstar
30th July 2008, 20:49
:crazy:

sorry bud, already taking hanne and sophie:bleh:

3 blondes... Abba theme? Steve can be the 4th Abba member that plays the keyboard!

Slyer
30th July 2008, 20:59
I'm sure you guys can win in the "Performing Arts" category. ;)

PirateJafa
30th July 2008, 21:16
Formation pocketrocket riding?

klyong82
30th July 2008, 22:12
Ø Contribution to community

I vote the award for contribution to community:first: since we contribute alot to the environment by polluting it with carbon monoxide. Our loud exhaust pipes provide a good waking up alarm in the morning for our neighbours and anyone else along the way to our destination.

The community benefits because we as bikers do alot of road policing such as when a car driver commits a dangerous offence towards a biker - we will be hunting them down till they pull over for some serious road code education:argue:.

Economically the club does very well with over 100 members with their combine spending will be providing a substantial amount of annual tax revenue through purchases of petroleum and motorcycle registrations. Not to forget the club excels in obtaining infringement tickets to satisfy the councils coffers.

The club is involve in charity work too by exhibiting free motorcycle stunts all over Auckland roads e.g. wheelies, stoppies, flying Hornets, road rage, police chase entertainment :devil2:

So I hope we win this award :clap: vote SMC for best contributor to the Auckland community :niceone:

motorbyclist
30th July 2008, 22:19
motorsport is an outdoor sport

and i'm pretty sure fixing that guy's bandit without ever meeting him was beyond the call of duty...

we're a relatively new club too

biker culture, i'm sure we contribute to community, yeah we could win all those listed

klyong82
30th July 2008, 22:47
I think we are a good political party too....:lol: vote SMC for government

Real_Wolf
31st July 2008, 10:49
man, we'd make a good political party, we'd fix everything so that you can get bike parking easily, and lockers which fit your damn helmet (Mine is so damn close that if i shoved really hard it'd probably fit)

Hanne
31st July 2008, 20:45
man, we'd make a good political party, we'd fix everything so that you can get bike parking easily, and lockers which fit your damn helmet (Mine is so damn close that if i shoved really hard it'd probably fit)

haha well it might end up fixed eventually but not in a hurry at all!
If our riding is anything to go by, everyone would end up taking a much more zen approach to life, stopping every 40 mins to look at the view and discuss deep matters such as which chain lube to use.

Then again, perhaps that's the way to do it, lower stress levels, save on healthcare :cool::cool:

PirateJafa
31st July 2008, 20:50
haha well it might end up fixed eventually but not in a hurry at all!
If our riding is anything to go by, everyone would end up taking a much more zen approach to life, stopping every 40 mins to look at the view and discuss deep matters such as which chain lube to use.

Then again, perhaps that's the way to do it, lower stress levels, save on healthcare :cool::cool:

Ahem. What's the bin rate on SMC rides? :P

Might need to make state vehicle/health insurance compulsary. ;)

bomma
31st July 2008, 22:59
^dont think anybody has EVER binned on any SMC ride aye.....errhhm :shifty:

motorbyclist
1st August 2008, 03:01
If elected governing party our first policy change would be a blanket ban on work and driving during periods of perfect riding weather. only activities allowed must be bike or beer related.

next will be licence re-sits every 5 years to get retards off the road and solve conjestion in one move, along with ticketing for useless driving, moving traffic cops to REAL police work, and maybe a mandatory "ride ya fucken bike ya wimp" rule whereby unless you've got a fucken good reason you ain't taking the car.

parking wardens will be held personally responsible for tickets that aren't legit

no driving on an international licence without first sitting the full driver's test

all roading contracts must be finished on time, on budget, and must last more than 5 years or it's done for free.

oh, and we'll ban buses, build a goddamn power plant (or three) and start up a coal to fuel plant to synthesise our own petrol from our re-appropriated coal exports, which is cheaper than importing the stuff and money will be feed back into our own economy. in the bin with carbon trading BS, environmentalists, and all prisons are to become hell-holes that even the most hardened criminal won't want to reurn to. none of this free food/rent/sky tv bullshit; i'm talking hard labour, public humiliation, squalid living conditions, and this (http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=hMnk7lh9M3o)

serious sentencing for theft, assault, and anything else that actually matters.

and a decent student living allowance with less severe loan repaymet threshold - as it is a student is financially and "quality of life"-ally better off on the dole, and if we do find time to work to supplement the $150 a week we have to borrow to survive on, we can only earn a maximum income of $360 per week before we have to pay back the loan, or have a reduction in allowance. yes that' right, if you work for money you have your allowance cut. and remove that fucking 25 year old age condition too.
free allowance perhaps with a slight bias based on course taken as some courses have less intensive workload and offer relatively little return on investment for NZ while conjoint, engineering, medical, law etc all require a significant work effort. (engineering expects atleast 10 hours a week per paper! that's 50 hours a week for me, and 60 for some conjoint/AP students)

i would continue but i'd better stop ranting and go to bed

Real_Wolf
1st August 2008, 08:30
lol, spent a bit of time on that didn't you.

Though I must agree with the whole giving tickets to retarded drivers

motorbyclist
2nd August 2008, 23:03
yeah i kinda got carried away with that one