PDA

View Full Version : Ride Anyone - 3 August

Timati
2nd August 2008, 21:52
Anyone keen for a ride tomorrow?

motorbyclist
2nd August 2008, 23:09
i'll be at uni during the day, so flick us a txt after lunch :)

Real_Wolf
2nd August 2008, 23:47
depends on weather for me, no waterproof pants = i get soaked easily.

Also probably won't keep up, my xs250 is a couch. Comfy, but you can't move it easily

bomma
2nd August 2008, 23:49
lol tim you must be one committed bastard....posting up a "let's go to town thread" and a "and then lets go riding the morning after" thread!!! somehow i feel that the two separate threads are directly linked somehow :shifty:

Timati
3rd August 2008, 08:51
i'll be at uni during the day, so flick us a txt after lunch :)

Will do.

depends on weather for me, no waterproof pants = i get soaked easily.

Also probably won't keep up, my xs250 is a couch. Comfy, but you can't move it easily

lol. It's just water. Won't get an acid burn. Think you not being able to keep up won't be a problem. Won't leave anyone behind.

lol tim you must be one committed bastard....posting up a "let's go to town thread" and a "and then lets go riding the morning after" thread!!! somehow i feel that the two separate threads are directly linked somehow :shifty:

Hey you know what they say ride or die.

Real_Wolf
3rd August 2008, 13:34
chuck me a txt with when / where you plan on going, 021 0277 9502

Timati
3rd August 2008, 16:38
chuck me a txt with when / where you plan on going, 021 0277 9502

Hey dude, sorry I had already left when you posted your details. Might try and organize another ride next week. Give me a shout if you are keen - 021 661 511.

shingo
3rd August 2008, 17:34
Where'd you end up going?

motorbyclist
3rd August 2008, 18:00
got a txt from timati about piha, and then raj about a ride leaving from his house, so i imagine that was the plan

unfortunately i ended up spending most the day in the mechatronics lab at uni

Timati
3rd August 2008, 19:00
Where'd you end up going?

got a txt from timati about piha, and then raj about a ride leaving from his house, so i imagine that was the plan

Well the plan was for us to go to Piha however ended "following" Raj enroute to Piha. We obviously didn't end up in Piha. Think it was Riverhead. Roads were wet and slippery especially around the corners. A guy from another group of us binned his bike around one of the corners. Nasty fall. He made it out alright but his bike was fucked especially the rear. We stopped to see if he was alright. Think he came around the corner a little too fast and tight.

Zealot
3rd August 2008, 22:16

You're 2nd year aren't you? How'd you get in? I'm pretty sure only 3rd years have access.

Btw, are you a fairly lanky guy with blonde hair? I think you're in a paper I'm a TA for, heh.

motorbyclist
4th August 2008, 00:22
wtf did you follow raj?! he can't even find the uni!

You're 2nd year aren't you? How'd you get in? I'm pretty sure only 3rd years have access.

Btw, are you a fairly lanky guy with blonde hair? I think you're in a paper I'm a TA for, heh.

the two other 2nd year guys i'm doing the warman project with have access for some reason - they don't know why/how either

lol yeah that's me - which paper?

Zealot
4th August 2008, 09:39
MECHENG270.

You're doing warman? With Josheel by any chance? I'm supposed to be ordering a pair of sensors for him, forgot D: crap.

Timati
4th August 2008, 09:48
wtf did you follow raj?! he can't even find the uni!

That's the impression I got when we ended up idling at the corner which apparently used to have a "boat shed"...

Real_Wolf
4th August 2008, 18:44
lol, MechEng 270 is teh one thats teh same as Compsys 202? I'm in that too

Zealot
4th August 2008, 22:34
Indeed, would be weird in you were in my lab group... D:

Real_Wolf
5th August 2008, 00:05
um, 11-12 is the one i'm in.

You'd have noticed my helmet on those few days I ride in (less now, dun trust the wheel or the starter)

motorbyclist
5th August 2008, 00:51
MECHENG270.

You're doing warman? With Josheel by any chance? I'm supposed to be ordering a pair of sensors for him, forgot D: crap.

lol you'd better hurry up with that, we kinda really need to start fiddling with and testing them

lol, MechEng 270 is teh one thats teh same as Compsys 202? I'm in that too

LOL

i'm in the 10-11 time slot

Real_Wolf
5th August 2008, 09:15
yeah, I couldn't be bothered getting up that early, rather have the hour to sleep in.

motorbyclist
5th August 2008, 17:20
i didn't have a choice; in february I enrolled for the 11-12 on wednesday but that idiot running the thermofluids course didn't check ndeva when he planned his labs (a week before 2nd semester began) and refused to move me, so i was forced to move my software lab to tuesday morning. now i have a 2 hour wait for my 5 hours of lectures to begin at 1pm

Real_Wolf
5th August 2008, 18:40
ouch 5 hours of lectures?

I was totally hoping that the lecture would be cancelled for thursday, then I'd have no classes, but friday isn't bad, since that was clashing with my lab, so I had 1 less hour of lab a week, when I'm already on a tight schedule for physics labs

Zealot
5th August 2008, 21:26
They're ordered now btw, shouldn't be too long. From what I saw of josheel's stuff today, you guys have a fair bit to do before you need the sensors anyway. Shouldn't be too long, it's coming from Sydney.

motorbyclist
5th August 2008, 22:08
we really want need them asap as we need to figure out exactly what voltages we get back and "calibrate" everything as best we can before next weekend.
problem is the other guy, ronald, is going off to egypt for a few weeks for this software olympiad thing next week and has written all the software without actually commenting it enough for us to understand what he's done.
planning to have a prototype/mock up chassis ready by the weekend, and then hoping to fit all the parts we can and get everything operating smoothly while we wait for less than crucial electronics and other materials