PDA

View Full Version : SMC Fix it day - Sat 9th August

motorbyclist
4th August 2008, 00:42
Righto, bikes need a fixin', oil needs a changin', and a certain yamaha needs a lot of TLC, so it's about time we had another SMC fix it day:soon:

when is suitable, oh fearless leader?

SATURDAY 9th August,
Address is: 26c Mt St John Ave, Epsom toot if the gate isnt open
Contact Stephen on 0212685528

All welcome, Should have a couple of pocket rockets out, and some food for lunch, byo beers, i've run out

PirateJafa
4th August 2008, 05:26
Also have a mate who wants to learn how to do the carbs on his GPX. :)

BadCompany
4th August 2008, 06:14
Also have a mate who wants to learn how to do the carbs on his GPX. :)

Too right. Them carbs have always interested me. And same with that tapping noise :P

Real_Wolf
4th August 2008, 08:15
I'm up for it, only busy from 9-12 on Saturdays during the weekend

Squiggles
4th August 2008, 08:19
Having looked at the forecast, and lol'd at the fact that there is a fine period mid week then more weekend rain, saturday could be a go-er

Timati
4th August 2008, 09:50
I'll be keen to come around and give a hand. Need to pick up those brake pads as well...

Slyer
4th August 2008, 12:27
I have a certain pocket rocket that needs fixing. :P
Actually I just need an alan key..

PirateJafa
4th August 2008, 20:05
No allen key for yooou!

Ragingrob
4th August 2008, 22:58
Maybe we could organise someone to drive my tyre to cycletreads so I can get it put on and then see how it feels lowering the forks to match the profile difference...

Slyer
4th August 2008, 23:08
I work a 1 minute walk from cycletreads if that's any help. :P

Ragingrob
4th August 2008, 23:11
Really? Well I think my tyre's at Stephen's right now... You wouldn't be passing by his at all during the week would you? And able to leave the tyre at your work or somewhere? I could prob ring cycletreads and they'd keep it there for me fine.

Slyer
5th August 2008, 00:08
I was just at his with the cage on saturday and Jafa was just at his in the sentra today.
Missed opportunities. :pinch:

Ragingrob
5th August 2008, 00:09
It only got delivered to Stephen's (I believe) today :p

PirateJafa
5th August 2008, 05:31
I was at Stephen's today as it got delivered. :P

Can transport it easy on a bike though.

Squiggles
5th August 2008, 07:38
Do it on Sat perhaps

klyong82
5th August 2008, 08:29
It only got delivered to Stephen's (I believe) today :p

Just wear it round your waist and ride it to Cycletreads...you will then only know how comfortable your ride will be with the extra padding round ya waist.

teamsuperoxide
6th August 2008, 14:10
Fix-it day! Yes please. Is there anyone who could tackle the dodgy electronics on my bike?

EJK
6th August 2008, 14:14
If we can have a BBQ grill turned on, I could bring some MEAT ;)

klyong82
6th August 2008, 15:21
If we can have a BBQ grill turned on, I could bring some MEAT ;)

korean meat EJ, just korean meat EJ!

EJK
6th August 2008, 16:00
korean meat EJ, just korean meat EJ!

You mean this (http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8350/73460082kp7.jpg) Korean meat?? ;)

:dodge:

:chase:

Ragingrob
6th August 2008, 17:29
Fix-it day! Yes please. Is there anyone who could tackle the dodgy electronics on my bike?

Dodgy electrics... My favourite! Well, my old CBRs favourite haha :2guns:

Should I cut the red wire or the blue wire? :shifty:

teamsuperoxide
6th August 2008, 17:35
Dodgy electrics... My favourite! Well, my old CBRs favourite haha :2guns:

Should I cut the red wire or the blue wire? :shifty:

Any colour will do if it makes the indicators work again!

motorbyclist
6th August 2008, 17:37
:Oi:

did anyone read the title of this thread?

NEXT weekend; I can't do this weekend at all

klyong82
6th August 2008, 19:03
You mean this (http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8350/73460082kp7.jpg) Korean meat?? ;)

:dodge:

:chase:

I am sure Nish would like em.....all for you Nish.....korean style

Ragingrob
6th August 2008, 19:06
Oh really! Not next weekend as in this next weekend then huh.

Hmmm, maybe I'll try get that front tyre on on Friday, what you up to Friday Stephen?

Squiggles
6th August 2008, 21:12
Any colour will do if it makes the indicators work again!

yep, ill sort your electrics

Squiggles
6th August 2008, 21:13
Oh really! Not next weekend as in this next weekend then huh.

Hmmm, maybe I'll try get that front tyre on on Friday, what you up to Friday Stephen?

im doing it this saturday anyway, you & ej should make the trip to cycletreads in the car with your wheels and tires, as well as the xs tire for the puncture repair

Ragingrob
6th August 2008, 21:19
im doing it this saturday anyway, you & ej should make the trip to cycletreads in the car with your wheels and tires, as well as the xs tire for the puncture repair

Wouldn't I wanna have the bike there for them to put it on etc?

Squiggles
6th August 2008, 21:21
Wouldn't I wanna have the bike there for them to put it on etc?

they can put on a tire without having the bike, they only need the wheel lol, quicker too, took all of 2 minutes to have hannes done

Ragingrob
6th August 2008, 21:25
they can put on a tire without having the bike, they only need the wheel lol, quicker too, took all of 2 minutes to have hannes done

Oh yeah shit I was thinking of the rear wheel, which would be a bit of a bitch ay, but front should be sweet doesn't need to be aligned or anything. So we'd hang my bike up at yours and get the wheel off?

What do ya reckon about trying to bleed that rear brake? Or leave it for another day?

Squiggles
6th August 2008, 21:30
i think we have a good read up on doing the rear

motorbyclist
6th August 2008, 23:28
Oh yeah shit I was thinking of the rear wheel, which would be a bit of a bitch ay, but front should be sweet doesn't need to be aligned or anything. So we'd hang my bike up at yours and get the wheel off?

What do ya reckon about trying to bleed that rear brake? Or leave it for another day?

the only tricky part about the rear is the chain if it's a bit tight

but for the NC30, the rear wheel simply a case of propping the bike up (i got paddock stand:D), pulling the safety pin and removing the nut

i'll be doing my brakes when the weather isn't so wet/humid - full rebuild top and bottom

shingo
6th August 2008, 23:57
So it's saturday yea?

Anyone wanna go buy stuff from Repco in new lynn with me? Shaun should be working on that day and he should be able to give us discounts :p

Keep it on the down low mate, dont want too many people finding out.

P.S. if you do come, make sure it ain't during my lunch break, otherwise you'll be standing round for half and hour.

BANZAI
7th August 2008, 07:24
Keep it on the down low mate, dont want too many people finding out.

P.S. if you do come, make sure it ain't during my lunch break, otherwise you'll be standing round for half and hour.

Post Deleted. :)

Anyway wanna goto Repco anyone with me on Saturday afternoon? Then to fix day!

Timati
7th August 2008, 09:21

Hey dude, I'll join ya. Where did you want to meet up? Town?

shingo
7th August 2008, 09:31

I was only joking, i dont mind if you guys come to my work, means i get a break from all the stupid customers i usually have to deal with.

EJK
7th August 2008, 14:07

Sounds fun! Doable! :cool:
I've also got some touch up to do on my bike so I'm looking forward to this Saturday :sunny:

Pollion me! :lol:

Phurrball
7th August 2008, 16:22
I may pop along after work and see if I can't bugger up a 'westie screwdriver' chain adjustment on the big viffer.

I seek supervision as I've not done it one one of these single-sided swing arm thingees before...

teamsuperoxide
7th August 2008, 16:53
yep, ill sort your electrics

So besides the bike what do I need to bring? I still can't get the side-panel off because of a munted screw.

Real_Wolf
7th August 2008, 17:21
yeah good question. I'm betting mines gonna need a bunch of stuff, especially that clutch.

motorbyclist
7th August 2008, 17:54
I may pop along after work and see if I can't bugger up a 'westie screwdriver' chain adjustment on the big viffer.

I seek supervision as I've not done it one one of these single-sided swing arm thingees before...

ridiculously easy and even easier if you have the right sized C spanner for it (same sort that you do the shock preload with but bigger)

So besides the bike what do I need to bring? I still can't get the side-panel off because of a munted screw.

beer, parts, beer, fluids, beer and tools if you have them...

Squiggles
7th August 2008, 21:22

dunno, maybe a 6 pack, ill sort the screw, it'll come out or we'll dismantle the entire bike till its the only thing left

seriously though, ill impact driver or easy out it

BANZAI
8th August 2008, 09:10
Hey dude, I'll join ya. Where did you want to meet up? Town?

Meet me at Stephen's, I'm going to fix day first and then decide lol

Timati
8th August 2008, 12:55
What time does the fixit do start? I'm guessing 10'ish....

Squiggles
8th August 2008, 16:33
10ish is good yeah

Real_Wolf
8th August 2008, 18:53
meh, I won't be there till after 12, though might leave work early if I can get away with it.

motorbyclist
8th August 2008, 19:19
i should be there 10 till 2

teamsuperoxide
8th August 2008, 23:40
Did anyone she the weather on the news tonight? Looks like it'll be a shitter tomorrow, fingers crossed for long fine breaks.

Real_Wolf
9th August 2008, 08:30
I"m hoping for a fine break at 12 when works done, cause it is POURING down, and I only have a waterproof jacket :P

BANZAI
9th August 2008, 09:44
It wasnt nice weather to ride in to work...

But yea lets hope for some sunshine in afternoon. See you guys at 1pm.

Squiggles
9th August 2008, 10:22
Stephen should be back in half in an hour or so, if you find yourself locked out give me a text 0210570749

-Hanne ><

motorbyclist
10th August 2008, 02:21
lol! late to his own house. again.

BANZAI
12th August 2008, 21:18
When's next one? I think my GN have carb problem...

Real_Wolf
13th August 2008, 00:24
my xs could do with a carb clean to help it start, but then again it also needs that back wheel fixed, since a wobbly back wheel means no pushing corners at all