PDA

View Full Version : Not a wind up: End of my road biking days for now

Macstar
7th August 2008, 09:22
Well boys and girls, it was fun - but my road riding days have come to an end for at least the next two years. Yes, the NZ Police have bled me financially dry and taken my license for a fourth time. Now with just 10 demerit points left for the next 2 years, I simply cannot continue biking on-road.

My bike will be put up for sale this weekend but I will keep my riding gear for possible motard and bucket racing...

I want to keep this brief, so I will just say - cheers for some wicked rides and good times. If I do get into racing, I expect to see you guys there picking me and my bike up off the track!

One last thing: stay alert folks, there are more cops turned-revenue-hunters out there now than ever, and they are all looking for YOUR blood. There are few "times and places" now to have a little fun on your bike.

Laters

klyong82
7th August 2008, 09:27
I think you just need to get wee 250cc to keep you out of trouble mate...

CB ARGH
7th August 2008, 09:30

pfft.

It's simple. SLOW DOWN. :bash:

Ragingrob
7th August 2008, 09:31
Oh man that's sad to hear!!! I'd wondered why you've been so quiet lately.

It's been awesome riding with ya, I'm sure we'll see you back out there again someday :2thumbsup

P.s. Don't be a stranger when it comes to the chiller!

klyong82
7th August 2008, 09:34
pfft.

It's simple. SLOW DOWN. :bash:

Oh yes or just slow down...

CB ARGH
7th August 2008, 09:39
Oh yes or just slow down...

I know that he'd rather be doing 59.99km/h on a motorbike than 55km/h in a bus.

klyong82
7th August 2008, 10:00
I tried giving up biking once. Within that 2 months everytime a bike went pass me my hands started to shiver and I knew I was missing out on all the fun.....but in my case there was no demerit or licence issues.......

kiwifruit
7th August 2008, 10:08
I gave up bikes, its easy :)

R6_kid
7th August 2008, 10:13

Haha, yeh give it to Jrandom and he'll write it off for ya!

The Stranger
7th August 2008, 10:18
Haha, yeh give it to Jrandom and he'll write it off for ya!

You jealous of his success after all of your attempts?

Gremlin
7th August 2008, 11:12
Ironic really, a cb900 keeps me out of trouble, the zx10 and others got me into plenty.

Can't fault him for trying tho :rolleyes:

Macstar: not sure how losing your license and only having 10 dm work, unless you got a 28 day? Best of luck tho, you have to do what you have to do. :niceone:

fatzx10r
7th August 2008, 11:52
slow down but keep riding, i managed to make it thru 20 months with only 5 points to go.had a couple of close calls tho:dodge:

avgas
7th August 2008, 11:58
do what i did when i had 5 points to the license, i bought a bike i could not get a top speed in.
GN125.
Also when i need to get no tickets over 140 - i got the GB400 (although she did eventually get gearing to 160)

rainman
7th August 2008, 12:14
And this, children, is why God invented cruisers.... ;)

Ixion
7th August 2008, 12:42
Because they can't exceed 50kph ?

nallac
7th August 2008, 12:46
bugga its too tempting to speed even on a "lowly powered " 900
I dont know how guys can ride 1000's and keep their licences.

i agree with the others buy a lower powered bike
i'd get a xr250 or the likes.

ps you wanna sell me your packrack??????

xwhatsit
7th August 2008, 12:47
Macstar: buy my Honda Super Cub. It has no wheels.

jrandom
7th August 2008, 12:48

Amen, brother.

Now with just 10 demerit points left for the next 2 years, I simply cannot continue biking on-road.

Just slow down.

fireball
7th August 2008, 13:03
i cant understand how one can just give up because they keep getting busted for breeaking the law..... just slow down. and when you feel the urge to open her up pick your timing. or change the people you ride with that make you want to go stupid fast.

other alternative buy rawberry except for her temper she will never get you a ticket! her lazy ass only just reaches 100/110 :lol:

McJim
7th August 2008, 13:03
Sheesh, join the club (although for different reasons)...http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1678257

EJK
7th August 2008, 13:08
Or go on a track day! :niceone:
:sunny:

Macstar
7th August 2008, 13:11
Macstar: not sure how losing your license and only having 10 dm work, unless you got a 28 day? Best of luck tho, you have to do what you have to do. :niceone:

On a 28 day suspension right now, once I come off that I will have 10 points for the next 2 years...

i cant understand how one can just give up because they keep getting busted for breeaking the law..... just slow down. and when you feel the urge to open her up pick your timing. or change the people you ride with that make you want to go stupid fast.

other alternative buy rawberry except for her temper she will never get you a ticket! her lazy ass only just reaches 100/110 :lol:

Alcoholics can't control their drinking, gamblers - their gambling... Me, I can't ride within NZ road laws so I will remove all temptation - cold turkey.

Sheesh, join the club (although for different reasons)...http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1678257

It sucks, as I love biking - but hoping I will get my fix from track days

gijoe1313
7th August 2008, 13:19
Good gosh magolly you must have ended up with a 929 engine in the Big Ol'Hornet by accident! :sweatdrop

Ah well, least you are applying a dollop of common sense since you know what you are like and need to lay low for a year or two from two wheels! :sleep:

nallac
7th August 2008, 13:23
[QUOTE=Macstar;1678865
Alcoholics can't control their drinking, gamblers - their gambling... Me, I can't ride within NZ road laws so I will remove all temptation - cold turkey[/QUOTE]

me to,
i have just been lucky with the highway patrol.
(reachs around to touch wood.)

sels1
7th August 2008, 13:23
Alcoholics can't control their drinking, gamblers - their gambling... Me, I can't ride within NZ road laws so I will remove all temptation - cold turkey.

Understand the sentiment.
So are you going to be able to drive (legally) a car or are you just going to walk?

wybmadiity
7th August 2008, 13:33
+1
or

pfft. It's simple. SLOW DOWN. :bash:
+1

I realise the frustrations involved in these options... but to not ride :weird:
There are trailors and trackdays :sunny:

Disco Dan
7th August 2008, 13:41
Well boys and girls, it was fun - but my road riding days have come to an end for at least the next two years. Yes, the NZ Police have bled me financially dry and taken my license for a fourth time. Now with just 10 demerit points left for the next 2 years, I simply cannot continue biking on-road.

My bike will be put up for sale this weekend but I will keep my riding gear for possible motard and bucket racing...

I want to keep this brief, so I will just say - cheers for some wicked rides and good times. If I do get into racing, I expect to see you guys there picking me and my bike up off the track!

One last thing: stay alert folks, there are more cops turned-revenue-hunters out there now than ever, and they are all looking for YOUR blood. There are few "times and places" now to have a little fun on your bike.

Laters

Good call, your obviously making a mature decision and looking at the bigger picture! All the calls to slow down wont help as that is part of the fun!

For me I bought a cage that actually has a smaller engine then my ZX11 ! and thus is much cheaper to run. It is also simple enough that I can fix it myself and there is also the option of an electric conversion if/when petrol becomes like gold!

justsomeguy
7th August 2008, 14:01
Join the club:crybaby:

Gremlin
7th August 2008, 14:17
On a 28 day suspension right now, once I come off that I will have 10 points for the next 2 years...
Each point you receive has a lifetime of 2 years... unless you got 90 in one hit?

nodrog
7th August 2008, 14:24
Each point you receive has a lifetime of 2 years... unless you got 90 in one hit?

he could of had 40, got caught at 172kph, received 150 demerits and 28days, after 28 days is served 100 drops off, leaving 50 + 40.

Nagash
7th August 2008, 14:51
Isaac, that's really saddening to hear. You were a bloody great rider and i'm glad I was able to ride with you a few times while you were still on the road.

I understand you're reasoning though, and while it is easy to just say 'Slow down', it's not so easy to actually do it.

And it's a bugger because you were a great organiser of rides.

T'was nice riding with yah mate, i'll see you on the track then.

Patch
7th August 2008, 15:02
so u obviously can't exhibit a little self-control in some situations - so you choose to quit. The makings of a champ. Grow some fuckin nads, take a HTFU pill an take a serious look at yourself. So you lost your license - big deal, who hasn't. Owning a bike to ride fast is a death sentence.

Find some other meaning as to why you ride - but don't fuckin quit.

Want speed:
Fly a Jet
try base jumping
drive a 5000HP drag car

Maha
7th August 2008, 15:20
taken my license for a fourth time :crybaby:

Slow learner?

musicman
7th August 2008, 15:28
You can swap your Hornet for my GX125! It has a top speed of 100km/h so you won't get in much trouble, I'll look after your Hornet for these 2 years :whistle:

Morcs
7th August 2008, 15:29

Laters

Come on mate, dont give in that easily.

Ive lost my license more times in the last 2 years, And Ive never stopped riding.

You learn eventually. But you are never immune. Kinda makes it fun, not completely knowing if its safe to wind the throttle on...

jrandom
7th August 2008, 15:34
Kinda makes it fun, not completely knowing if its safe to wind the throttle on...

It's always safe, so long as you wind it on and keep it on.

:doobey:

ManDownUnder
7th August 2008, 15:37
It's always safe, so long as you wind it on and keep it on.

:doobey:

Sounds like a durex ad, or a quote from one of our very own favourite squids ... arguably durex ads themselves...

R6_kid
7th August 2008, 15:37

Oh shush you! :mellow:

Macstar
7th August 2008, 16:29
Understand the sentiment.
So are you going to be able to drive (legally) a car or are you just going to walk?

Dunno - speeding in a cage aint as fun. I see a cage as a mode of transport, a bike was a machine of fun... so yeah I think I can manage in a shitty and slow automatic cage.

90 points in 2 months. So yeah - Have just under two years remaining.

so u obviously can't exhibit a little self-control in some situations - so you choose to quit. The makings of a champ. Grow some fuckin nads, take a HTFU pill an take a serious look at yourself. So you lost your license - big deal, who hasn't. Owning a bike to ride fast is a death sentence.

Find some other meaning as to why you ride - but don't fuckin quit.

Quit road riding yep. Get my future thrills on the track, not the road. Further to my alcoholics analogy: Would you tell an alcoholic he's a loser if he said "I am going to take control of my life by chosing not to drink anymore"

taken my license for a fourth time :crybaby: Slow learner?

I prefer "determined" or "dedicated" but yeah...

Grub
7th August 2008, 16:37
Now with just 10 demerit points left for the next 2 years, I simply cannot continue biking on-road.

Its incredible that you believe that. You see, many of us go a whole 2 years without getting any points. Surely you can just ride normally ???

Giving up riding seems really extreme ... but then I respect your decision and the process that got you to it. Not sure about the fuzzy logic however but if it works for you, good on ya.

avgas
7th August 2008, 16:38
And this, children, is why God invented cruisers.... ;)
Nah your looking for that other thread - the one about mullets

Fatjim
7th August 2008, 16:47
Mate, the problem is you're not confident enough.

The Honet is a great bike, but I'm not sure I'd do a runner on it. Maybe a litre sprots bike might be the way to go.

Choco
7th August 2008, 16:52
Sucks to hear that man, riding with you was always a pleasure!

I'd personally recommend a smaller bike, maybe not a 250 because that would probably feel like walking after a 900, but a 600 might help you a bit.
Or get yourself a cruiser... :shutup:

Keep safe and keep in touch man!
Choco

Timati
7th August 2008, 16:56
Hey dude, never really rode with you but from what I hear it was always good. So don't give up riding. Can you still hit the tracks?

Jacko2
7th August 2008, 17:24
Isaak, I know how much you like riding so I give ya till end of February.
If you really want to stop -
Go get a race bike!!!:niceone:

HungusMaximist
7th August 2008, 17:59
I simply cannot continue biking on-road.

Can we still be friends even though you don't ride anymore? Hahaha... :crybaby:

Look mate, fully respect your decision and it's a hard one to make too but hey now with your the extrafree time that you have, you can take up the saxophone you kept yapping about! Or maybe those swing lessons Monday nights at the church?

And oh, when you get good enough or feel ready, come for a toot/jam with the band!

Jacko2
7th August 2008, 18:12
Yeah, go to church, that'll solve everything.

motorbyclist
7th August 2008, 18:27
now if i was you, isaac, i would just downgrade to a slower bike... an NC30 perhaps:whistle:?

wasn't that one of the things you liked about the old motard? not being able to do stupid speeds?

or, with your income and free time, you could actually give racing a serious effort - no cops, no rego etc and no idiot holden drivers passing on blind corners

would be a shame to lose your enthusiasm

motorbyclist
7th August 2008, 18:31
talking to squiggles today he suggested you just go "properly" lose your licence doing 62kph and you'll be back to zero demerit points by the time summer rolls around :D

(of course murphy's law would probably dictate you won't get pinged until the day after your points expire. that happened to me; lost 40 points, picked up another 30 a few days later, and the next day i was riding like a nana and had my first bin)

TOTO
7th August 2008, 19:15
I will come watch/help you racing, shame about the road riding but you know best.

I will really miss the loud hornet/stealth fighter around tho :(

Shame I dont have my full icence, otherwise I would have bought the hornet off of you untill you decided you wanted her back...

Keep us posted on the racing bike...

old git
7th August 2008, 20:07
Dont be such a soft cock, go out as normal and bloody worry about it after it happens.
Hell gezza you may die the day after tomorrow and that is 2 whole days of missing out on freedom.......................I may be to old to die young but i sure as f**k intend to ride until i cannot get a leg over a bike, because the regrets will piss you off for longer.......

klyong82
7th August 2008, 20:14
Shame I dont have my full icence, otherwise I would have bought the hornet off of you untill you decided you wanted her back...

Keep us posted on the racing bike...

Tell Isaac that you wanna buy the bike but get him to put it on hold for a month....pretty sure that would buy some time and he might change his mind then...

PirateJafa
7th August 2008, 20:20
And the Zeal-riding population of NZ breathe a collective sigh of relief.

Macstar
7th August 2008, 20:23
Mate, the problem is you're not confident enough.

The Honet is a great bike, but I'm not sure I'd do a runner on it. Maybe a litre sprots bike might be the way to go.

ha ha! Best post of the thread so far!

Isaak, I know how much you like riding so I give ya till end of February.
If you really want to stop -

It's certainly on the cards Jacko - that would be in time for BOTS too...

[QUOTE=motorbyclist;1679308]talking to squiggles today he suggested you just go "properly" lose your licence doing 62kph and you'll be back to zero demerit points by the time summer rolls around :DQUOTE]

2nd best post!
But seriously, I aint giving those fuckers anymore of my money.

riffer
7th August 2008, 20:30
Dude, I don't get it.

You'd rather stop riding alltogether rather than pull your head in for a while?

I did freakin' ages on 95 demerits and coped. You can too.

Squiggles
7th August 2008, 20:48
I did freakin' ages on 95 demerits and coped. You can too.

But what if you dont want to cope? You want to let rip every so often....

Yer, i thought you should go the whole 9 yards and loose it properly, 3 months and all that jazz... or hit the track and join us in the jafa mobile hauling bikes up the bombays :headbang:

jrandom
7th August 2008, 20:52
I did freakin' ages on 95 demerits and coped.

Yeah, I tried that, but I pretty much just blew straight out to 180.

:pinch:

riffer
7th August 2008, 20:54
But what if you dont want to cope? You want to let rip every so often....

Yer, i thought you should go the whole 9 yards and loose it properly, 3 months and all that jazz... or hit the track and join us in the jafa mobile hauling bikes up the bombays :headbang:

Yeah, I tried that, but I pretty much just blew straight out to 180.

:pinch:

End of the day, it's your choice. I'd rather ride slow on a bike than not ride at all. Time and place, guys.

PirateJafa
7th August 2008, 20:57

Could be a goer - one more person and the Jafamobile will be pulling wheelies off lights!

BASS-TREBLE
7th August 2008, 20:58
I rode with ya once and youre a friggen nice guy, could ride good so don't let the law stop ya.

Why not de-register the hornet, make it a race bike and get a nice 4hundy or something as a commuter. Even a motard perhaps.

Whatever you do, do it in a smart way so you get the most out of it.

Dirk

jrandom
7th August 2008, 20:58
End of the day, it's your choice. I'd rather ride slow on a bike than not ride at all. Time and place, guys.

I'm not sure I get why a three-month suspension is any reason to give up riding.

Three months of gas money is about enough for a radar detector, an' all.

And, I mean, let's face it. Nothing beats the rush of doing a runner when there's actual jail time on the line.

:buggerd:

motorbyclist
7th August 2008, 21:55
Could be a goer - one more person and the Jafamobile will be pulling wheelies off lights!

MEMEMEMEMEME

DIBS

i've even got a trailer :D

bomma
7th August 2008, 21:56
hey dude ive known ya for a while and have had some great rides with ya :Punk: you gotta do wat you gotta do but make sure you get your ass to the chiller every so often aye...its funny how people are saying their farewells as though you shall seize to exist without a bike....:whocares:

oh and there's always a seat for you on my "bitch" seat (i owe you a ride anyway) :niceone:

Skyryder
7th August 2008, 23:03
Probaley for the best. But use the time to develop discapline and you'll be back a better rider. All the best

Skyyrder

gijoe1313
7th August 2008, 23:26
Any good bling bits you want to give me off the Hornet? :whistle: After all you don't want it going to someone who wouldn't appreciate them! :devil2:

Shucks, never got to tee up with you with my Big Ol'Hornet!

The Pastor
7th August 2008, 23:29
Sorry to hear you're leaving the road riding sence issac, i think ive only ridden with you once or twice, but you seemed like a standup guy.

Good luck with the track/racing.

Didnt realise you had lost ur licence 4 times tho, one more than me :D but make it 5 times and be back to 0, do it just before a holiday or somthing tho ;)

T.W.R
7th August 2008, 23:39
Don't do what a mate did years ago :lol: got snapped by the cops and lost his licence for 2yrs, over those 2yrs hot rodded his bike, got his licence back had it for 4mths then got pinged again and had another two year holiday :slap::Oops:

Macstar
8th August 2008, 08:47
Don't do what a mate did years ago :lol: got snapped by the cops and lost his licence for 2yrs, over those 2yrs hot rodded his bike, got his licence back had it for 4mths then got pinged again and had another two year holiday :slap::Oops:

Or go work overseas for two years, make some real money, pay off my student loan, save up a deposit for a house, clear my demerit points, meet new people, see new places, experience new things, live in better climates, and then........... come back to NZ and become poor again and get raped by the NZ Police.... hmmm....

My employer is in over 100 countries and transfers are relatively easy. I can't say this latest event hasn't made me think harder about leaving NZ earlier. Just need to find a more biker-friendly country...

bomma
8th August 2008, 08:55
Or go work overseas for two years, make some real money, pay off my student loan, save up a deposit for a house, clear my demerit points, meet new people, see new places, experience new things, live in better climates, and then........... come back to NZ and become poor again and get raped by the NZ Police.... hmmm....

My employer is in over 100 countries and transfers are relatively easy. I can't say this latest event hasn't made me think harder about leaving NZ earlier. Just need to find a more biker-friendly country...

in the words of Ben Stiller in the movie "Starsky and Hutch", "Doo it"

TOTO
8th August 2008, 12:12
hmmm , well thats not that bad at all :niceone:

Muppet
8th August 2008, 14:09
Yes, the NZ Police have bled me financially dry and taken my license for a fourth time.

Laters

Why did they take your licence four times?

Nagash
8th August 2008, 17:19

Doooo it.

I'll be moving back to England beginning of next year for about a year just to earn abit of cash then come back here and start living properly..

RT527
8th August 2008, 17:32
Yeah good call, but one thing irks me...you said in your first post that
the NZ Police have bled me financially dry yet they never had anything to do with it. you bled yourself dry...its a bit like a juggler juggling chainsaws and keeps dropping them on himself...you either learn to stop or sidestep very quickly....point is....why even part blame the police for something you have done yourself?.

But good on you for owning up to that fact that your an idiot on a bike at the most inopportune times :laugh::Police::chase:

The Pastor
8th August 2008, 21:45
Yeah good call, but one thing irks me...you said in your first post that yet they never had anything to do with it. you bled yourself dry...its a bit like a juggler juggling chainsaws and keeps dropping them on himself...you either learn to stop or sidestep very quickly....point is....why even part blame the police for something you have done yourself?.

But good on you for owning up to that fact that your an idiot on a bike at the most inopportune times :laugh::Police::chase:
always one party pooper in the crowd

motorbyclist
8th August 2008, 22:26
Just need to find a more biker-friendly country...

doesn't get much more biker friendly than free medical care:bleh:

but if you find a country where all cars are ordered off the road on sunny days, tickets are only issued for people holding up traffic, roads like the coro are one way only (alternating direction every day) and trackdays are daily events within an hour from home do tell me:drool:

in the meantime i'll keep riding my dirtbike every other weekend :msn-wink:

klyong82
9th August 2008, 17:39
You have been a cool friend mate .... our last ride was super tooo .... hopefully these photos will persuade you to think otherwise....

Nagash
9th August 2008, 17:48
Woot! Piha!

Squiggles
9th August 2008, 22:46
You have been a cool friend mate

the mans not dead! :blink:

Macstar
10th August 2008, 14:47
Handed over the bike yesterday to be sold on hehalf... it's done - but thanks again peps. (Especially for the riding bros with good stuff to say)

Cheers.

Squiggles
10th August 2008, 21:48
250 for the radar detector

Ixion
10th August 2008, 22:16
They come. They go. Not many last the course.

Chrislost
11th August 2008, 17:57

Laters

I know what you mean! went past one the other day and he trned his lights on and tried to follow. dont know whats so bad about doing 250kph wheelstands!!!

On teh upside, you can now buy a van and a track bike and go have some real fun :innocent:

gijoe1313
12th August 2008, 20:32
Viva la Hornet! Brava, brava ...

The Hornet flies through the twisties,
buzzing through the traffic,
Sleek and black, twin can rumbles -
gone, but not forgotten,
Lone rider on two legs ...
Stops and listens,
Bikes roar and leathers flash past
A rueful smile -
a slight twitch of the wrist,
Oh yes, his day will come.

2wheeljunkie
15th August 2008, 00:27
like squiggles said, the mans not dead..im sure we'll c his ass at the chiller and at track days..u know im there for ya mate..! i mean yer the one who told me all abt the hornet and what a damn fine decision that was..! :niceone:

Cr1MiNaL
16th August 2008, 04:26
Sup dude, if I were you I'd learn the finer art of throttle control. But I am not you, and if doing 100 on the straights is hard for you then I totally vouch for track days. They as you well know satisfy the 'urge' like nothing else. Either way bro I will c u when I get back from India in 4 weeks. Take it eazee.

YR64L.

TOTO
16th August 2008, 11:53
They as you well know satisfy the 'urge' like nothing else...
YR64L.

like a 1000$ prostitute for an hour, but not having a full time girlfriend...:argh:

Just beGiNing 250
17th August 2008, 23:11
Holy craps mac, thats shit!
Last time I was chatting to you'd gotten your first ticket ever/ and saying how you try to stay below 140 hehe. oh well guess that didnt work out. Hey they'll be noone to scare the shit outa me now... used to nearly jump off the seat when that hornet flew by me outa nowhere! hehe

Best of luck

LOL@ zeal rider can relax tag

scumdog
17th August 2008, 23:35
Hmmm, some people on this thread would also piss on a live electric fence more than once too....

Some of us learn a bit quicker than others so it seems.:dodge:

Macstar
18th August 2008, 08:50
Sup dude, if I were you I'd learn the finer art of throttle control. But I am not you, and if doing 100 on the straights is hard for you then I totally vouch for track days. They as you well know satisfy the 'urge' like nothing else. Either way bro I will c u when I get back from India in 4 weeks. Take it eazee.

YR64L.

Sweet mate, will see you when you're back. Shares in a track bike mate? You liked that spin on my old Motard didn't ya?

Holy craps mac, thats shit!
Last time I was chatting to you'd gotten your first ticket ever/ and saying how you try to stay below 140 hehe. oh well guess that didnt work out. Hey they'll be noone to scare the shit outa me now... used to nearly jump off the seat when that hornet flew by me outa nowhere! hehe

Best of luck

LOL@ zeal rider can relax tag

Ha ha. Cheers mate. I used to love ripping by you and scaring you with my sonic boom exhaust blast too.

Hmmm, some people on this thread would also piss on a live electric fence more than once too....

Some of us learn a bit quicker than others so it seems.:dodge:

Was wondering when Bumdog would find this thread...

scumdog
18th August 2008, 13:58
Was wondering when Bumdog would find this thread...

If it was me you were refering to, tragic misspelling that, tragic, must be the stress of not riding...:whistle:

And found the thread yonks ago, just waited until the heat died down to post.

ital916
18th August 2008, 16:09
If the only way you get a thrill out of a bike is caning it at top speeds on public roads, then I can't say that your being off the road will sadden me, don't get me wrong Isaac you are a fucking top dude and have helped me in heaps in learning to ride but part of me thinks you are destined to ride on the track alone and not the road.

It's good that you have noticed the warning signs, hopefully not from just the demerit points but the fact you might actually be putting yourself and others in a bad position.

See you around bud, I hope you still come to chillers.