PDA

View Full Version : Ride on Sunday - 10 Aug

Timati
7th August 2008, 16:58
Seeing that the weather is looking rather mint this Sunday, anyone keen for a ride.

PirateJafa
7th August 2008, 17:18
Neg, will be LANning/drinking. Besides, what's the chances of nice weather anyway? :P

Real_Wolf
7th August 2008, 17:20
you mean your posting early?

Maybe, depends on my bike, its getting dodgier and dodgier and if it can't be fixed enough at the fixit, then probably not

Timati
7th August 2008, 18:07
Neg, will be LANning/drinking. Besides, what's the chances of nice weather anyway? :P

LANning and drinking...on a Sunday morn...Doesn't sound all that bad. Might join you after and frag everyone's ass...What you guys playing?

Should we trust ol man weather - http://www.metservice.co.nz/default/index.php?alias=auckland

you mean your posting early?

Maybe, depends on my bike, its getting dodgier and dodgier and if it can't be fixed enough at the fixit, then probably not

Yeah I thought since everyone keeps "whining" and "moaning" about last minute posts...I'll give you guys advance notice to prep yourselves...Geez, women...haha

Might catch you at the fix it.

PirateJafa
7th August 2008, 18:22
LANning and drinking...on a Sunday morn...Doesn't sound all that bad. Might join you after and frag everyone's ass...What you guys playing?

PingZero (www.pingzero.co.nz). Start Friday night, finish whenever we're sober enough to drive away on Sunday.

TOTO
7th August 2008, 18:55
o wow , just checked out the site - looks cool ...

PirateJafa
7th August 2008, 19:02
what are you playing ?

Everything. Tournaments are usually BF2 and CoD2/CoD4, but we play Red Alert, Age of Empires 1 and 2, Civilisation II and IV, Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, Company of Heroes, GRID, DiRT, FlatOut 2, MotoGP 3 and '07, RC Cars, TrackMania, Rainbow Six Vegas.

Those are just the ones off the top of my head. Play a lot of others - depends what people feel like.

We do this every month or two, plus once a year we have xLAN (700+ people).

Prefer PZ though - R18, so no little CounterStrike children trying to steal our liquor.

Free pizza too. :niceone:

Slyer
7th August 2008, 19:21
Drinks + Flatout = Fun :D
You lads will have to wait for the next one in a couple of months.

We almost didn't pay in time thanks to putting Jafa in charge of finances but managed to squeeze in due to Jafa's high standard when it comes to sexual favours. ;)

PirateJafa
7th August 2008, 19:27
Drinks + Flatout = Fun :D
You lads will have to wait for the next one in a couple of months.

We almost didn't pay in time thanks to putting Jafa in charge of finances but managed to squeeze in due to Jafa's high standard when it comes to sexual favours. ;)
Yes, people owe me lots. Just like you - two or three hundred bucks worth last time I checked? :bash:

Slyer
7th August 2008, 19:29
The thing is you tell everyone your rates AFTER you're finished. It's not on.

HungusMaximist
7th August 2008, 21:31
Could be keen for a ride aye, see how things turn out bro..

Timati
7th August 2008, 21:34
Everything. Tournaments are usually BF2 and CoD2/CoD4, but we play Red Alert, Age of Empires 1 and 2, Civilisation II and IV, Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, Company of Heroes, GRID, DiRT, FlatOut 2, MotoGP 3 and '07, RC Cars, TrackMania, Rainbow Six Vegas.

Those are just the ones off the top of my head. Play a lot of others - depends what people feel like.

We do this every month or two, plus once a year we have xLAN (700+ people).

Prefer PZ though - R18, so no little CounterStrike children trying to steal our liquor.

Free pizza too. :niceone:

Sweet. Sounds like my kind of tournament. Where is it being held and what do I have to bring?

Could be keen for a ride aye, see how things turn out bro..

Flick me message if you are keen.

Slyer
7th August 2008, 21:37
All the information is on the website.

motorbyclist
7th August 2008, 22:00
hrmmm..... will see how sunday goes

Timati
8th August 2008, 12:57
Will probably have to give the tournament a miss this time around but am still keen for a ride.

HungusMaximist
8th August 2008, 16:14
Crap, I am gonna have to ditch the ride on Sunday as I got band practice starting at 9am. Sorry, it's gonna have to be next week or so. But ah could see you around Rakinos. Will see aye...

motorbyclist
8th August 2008, 19:20
i can't make it unless it's later in the day

bomma
8th August 2008, 21:53
you prolly dont know who i am timati but i cant make it matey, im sick as a dog and on the verge of passing out every time i stand up...maybe a trip to the doctor's is called for....

motorbyclist
8th August 2008, 22:33
dude, you looked fine when i saw you at 4pm; what happened?

bomma
8th August 2008, 22:52
dude, you looked fine when i saw you at 4pm; what happened?

mate it had started going downhill before then....you obviously didnt notice the dried blood hangin round my left nostril from when my nose busted out while i was driving that darn van forcing me to pull over, get the chick to drive to the closest sink and i soaked through 4 manpons!!! i was dying by the time i got home....and one of my best mate's having his 21st 2moro night!!!:(

Timati
9th August 2008, 09:26
i can't make it unless it's later in the day

That's cool. Was thinking later in the day anyway.

you prolly dont know who i am timati but i cant make it matey, im sick as a dog and on the verge of passing out every time i stand up...maybe a trip to the doctor's is called for....

Hey dude no worries. Sounds like a trip to the doctor sounds about right. Might catch you at the fixit if you make it..

Crap, I am gonna have to ditch the ride on Sunday as I got band practice starting at 9am. Sorry, it's gonna have to be next week or so. But ah could see you around Rakinos. Will see aye...

Yeah might just catch you at Rakinos or the fixit do.

DIN PELENDA
9th August 2008, 22:01
What time, where ?

BANZAI
9th August 2008, 22:28
Timati's bike is dead at the moment..(I think one cyl not running or something)

So not sure wat's happening tomorrow...

motorbyclist
10th August 2008, 02:20
i'm free after noon, at which point stephen has booked me for a transit - so if it needs fixing that's the time to be a txting;)

Timati
10th August 2008, 08:27
Looks like my bike is out of action and am hoping it's the battery since it's pointing in that direction (keeps dying as soon as I turn on the headlights or indicator). The voltage indicator (for the battery) on the bike drops as soon as it starts. Am heading over to Steve's place this morn and will keep everyone posted about the ride. Txt me as I haven't got everyones number - 021 661 511

Squiggles
10th August 2008, 09:51
i'm free after noon, at which point stephen has booked me for a transit - so if it needs fixing that's the time to be a txting;)

nah, we're probably going to be trailering 2 bikes

Real_Wolf
10th August 2008, 11:39
yeah, I gotta make some calls and get me a new clutch cable

bigfoot
10th August 2008, 12:00
Seeing as to I like dry roads and tires......lets go for a ride. 02102573799 if you see this and are going for one today !

BANZAI
10th August 2008, 17:15
Hehe I went to get Fish&Chips to Kaiaua today!!

Nice roads and lots of bikes ;)

Altho I have to say doing this road in wet with bunch of Learners is not a good idea. I let so many biker pass me coz I was taking it slow as snails, especially very twisty bits close to Kaiaua.

But anyway that was really good ride! Hehehe

Timati
10th August 2008, 21:57
Ah the epic story of me missing the ride...bike decided to go mental as it usually has when I attend the fix it nights :-)...Chugged along nicely in the morn. Met up with a couple of the guys on Saturday. Did a short stint over the shore seeing that EJ had to get new tires..rode back. All fine and dandy. Now just as I'm about to leave which I do, get onto the motorway...and the bike starts to slow down at full throttle...and what would you know it stops at the Pakuranga offramp. Thinking I might have blown something. Give Squiggles a call. Good on him to lend me a hand. Brought over a trailer and all to haul my ass back to his place. Kudos on his old man, Squiggles and 2WheelJunkie (will bring more beer at next meet). Get the bike off trailer once we get back to his place. Starts up fine but the voltage reading on the dashboard keeps dropping each time and bike goes blat. Give with a few goods revs thinking it could be the battery not recharging. As soon as I attempt to leave the gates, it dies..So we think why not ride without the lights (since it "seems" ok then) in the dark...and somehow get back home with the help of 2WheelJunkie lighting the way back on high beam and what would you know as soon as we hit the traffic lights, it whimpers and goes blat...Managed to somehow ride it back to Squiggles. Left it overnight (had the pleasure of riding the "bitch" pad back with 2WheelJunkie) thinking I would go battery hunting the next morning...which I did and once again kudos on Squiggles to try and give the bike a start in the morning. Funnily enough...here's the punchline, there was hardly any petrol in the tank although it appears it's half full (it's not!!!). He tops it up and there she goes...

Kudos and many thanks to Squiggles, his old man and 2WheelJunkie for all their help. Don't you worry, I'll keep on attending the fix it nights...we'll have to see what adventures lie ahead...

Squiggles
10th August 2008, 23:13
Kudos and many thanks to Squiggles, his old man and 2WheelJunkie for all their help. Don't you worry, I'll keep on attending the fix it nights...we'll have to see what adventures lie ahead...

I raped that bike round the block and up/down the mway, fun fun... im more likely to get a ticket on a small bike i think :innocent:

Ragingrob
10th August 2008, 23:21
Yeah luckily I sold my cbr huh, otherwise you'd have nicked it anyway and burnt around town!

shingo
10th August 2008, 23:22
And thats why i wont let him ride my bike.

Ragingrob
10th August 2008, 23:30
Stephen you're a menace to society!

PirateJafa
11th August 2008, 05:24
Yeah luckily I sold my cbr huh, otherwise you'd have nicked it anyway and burnt around town!

And thats why i wont let him ride my bike.

Nah, Hondas are safe from Stephen. ;)

Timati
11th August 2008, 09:00
I raped that bike round the block and up/down the mway, fun fun... im more likely to get a ticket on a small bike i think :innocent:

I was wondering why the bike wasn't itself when I rode it back. Had that slight bump...

HungusMaximist
11th August 2008, 10:23
I was wondering why the bike wasn't itself when I rode it back. Had that slight bump...

Good to hear that our club community spirit is still hard as concrete.

Big ups to Steve and Pirate!

motorbyclist
11th August 2008, 22:55
*two mechatronics students silently sit by their only half completed robot awaiting acknowledgement for standing around waiting for squiggles to turn up, looking at bike, starting bike after squiggles' fails it, waiting for him to ride and return, looking, waiting for ride and return, then devoting the rest of day driving a certain kawasaki motor across town to a mechanic who wasn't there, waiting, then driving back out west to babysit squiggles, who rode a honda!