PDA

View Full Version : Some kunt stole my gear lever

Chrislost
12th August 2008, 15:54
The bike was parked under the quad at uni.
Aparently it was between 11 and 11:30.

edit. was attached to a friends bike that got stolen

yod
12th August 2008, 16:02
you're shitting me...someone took the gear lever off the bike??!?!

ffs

Chrislost
12th August 2008, 16:10
you're shitting me...someone took the gear lever off the bike??!?!

ffs

nah.
sombody stole that vfr of andrews.
happened to have my footpeg on it because of the road biting the end of his one off.

fuckers

Gremlin
12th August 2008, 16:13

...happened to have my footpeg on it
looks like you have lost a footpeg and a gear lever then...

still think a trap would be best... and don't bother letting the cops know anything happened... not like the "victim" will report it, if they know whats good for them... :shifty:

Choco
12th August 2008, 16:20
:wacko:
Dont bother stealing the whole thing! just pinch the gear level so he can only ride home in 1st.
Cruel bastards.
WTF would you do with a gear level if you didnt have the same bike anyway??!

MGST
12th August 2008, 17:16
So someone actually stole Andrew's VFR - the whole bike? Which happens to have you peg / gear lever on it at the moment?

Squiggles
12th August 2008, 17:23
So someone actually stole Andrew's VFR - the whole bike? Which happens to have you peg / gear lever on it at the moment?

correct, from cp36, it will have happened only a couple of minutes after he arrived, i.e. they were waiting. There are no camera's down there or on the entrance so no footage, though they most likely snapped the steering lock and quietly rolled out onto princess and down into the city for loading.

Last week someone tampered with chris' gsxr as well.

klyong82
12th August 2008, 17:30
correct, from cp36, it will have happened only a couple of minutes after he arrived, i.e. they were waiting. There are no camera's down there or on the entrance so no footage, though they most likely snapped the steering lock and quietly rolled out onto princess and down into the city for loading.

Last week someone tampered with chris' gsxr as well.

Holy crap...bike thieves are back.....darn Andrew must really be sad.... need to do some booby trap again...

Mom
12th August 2008, 17:37
Naive question I know but... Is there no way you can ask the Uni to run security past the place you guys park up? This is crazy shit!

Let me at the fuckers I will tear them limb from limb! :o

shingo
12th August 2008, 17:57
It seems strange to steal one of the most rugged bike in the carpark, unless of course they wanted a vfr.

I bet Rob's glad he didnt arrive before Andrew, cause i sure know which bike i'd choose out of the two.

Slyer
12th August 2008, 18:00
Why do they have to pick on the poor students?
Fucking pricks.

motorbyclist
12th August 2008, 18:00
fucking sux man! those levers cost $200 from japan!

oh, and some cunt stole my vfr (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1685577#post1685577)

Mrs Busa Pete
12th August 2008, 18:04

Hay where was it parked pete can park his bike there.:shutup:

Pedrostt500
12th August 2008, 18:14
Time to invest in some high tensile chains and good quality padlocks guys, my geuss is bike thefts will become more common, ask security if they have a spare camera they can set up to watch the bikes with, if they cant do that then all chip in and go to DSE and buy one that you can hook into the system. spend a few hundred dollars now, is cheaper than replacing a bike latter.

Real_Wolf
12th August 2008, 18:29
theres what, at least 30 of us that park in there? I'd be willing to pitch in my amount to get like 2-3 camera's that watch the areas that our bikes park

HungusMaximist
12th August 2008, 19:05
Time to invest in some high tensile chains and good quality padlocks guys

Nothing beats a thick chain or a reasonably thick cable lock, and yes it's a bitch to carrying around but totally worth it if it's gonna deter the thieving scums.

I wouldn't really count too much on a alarm or a immobilizer, if they want it, they'll just wheel it away or into a van. Locking to something stationary is really the only way to go or if you have the luxury, get em all!

skidMark
12th August 2008, 23:36
It seems strange to steal one of the most rugged bike in the carpark, unless of course they wanted a vfr.

I bet Rob's glad he didnt arrive before Andrew, cause i sure know which bike i'd choose out of the two.

Well, they sure as shit dont steal them for the cosmetic bits now do they....

think motor.

Its supply and demand.

stealing to order...or what is needed often...;)

skidMark
13th August 2008, 12:47
Time to invest in some high tensile chains and good quality padlocks guys, my geuss is bike thefts will become more common, ask security if they have a spare camera they can set up to watch the bikes with, if they cant do that then all chip in and go to DSE and buy one that you can hook into the system. spend a few hundred dollars now, is cheaper than replacing a bike latter.

Or you could all like you know, use disc locks so they cannot roll them, they are only $30, a tank of gas, to keep your bike, sounds like a plan.

shingo
13th August 2008, 15:20
Well, they sure as shit dont steal them for the cosmetic bits now do they....

think motor.

Its supply and demand.

stealing to order...or what is needed often...;)

They may be stealing it for the motor, but i would bet they would be more than happy to sell some nice fairings and a sweet pipe setup as well for some extra cash. There will always be a need for comestic bits since we all know they are usually the first to hit the gound in a crash.

Morcs
13th August 2008, 15:35
They may be stealing it for the motor, but i would bet they would be more than happy to sell some nice fairings and a sweet pipe setup as well for some extra cash. There will always be a need for comestic bits since we all know they are usually the first to hit the gound in a crash.

Ive heard of people successfully pushing a bike with a disklock on. would be hard work, but do-able. A disk alarm would be better.

bomma
13th August 2008, 22:46
Ive heard of people successfully pushing a bike with a disklock on. would be hard work, but do-able. A disk alarm would be better.

Nothing beats a thick chain or a reasonably thick cable lock, and yes it's a bitch to carrying around but totally worth it if it's gonna deter the thieving scums.

I wouldn't really count too much on a alarm or a immobilizer, if they want it, they'll just wheel it away or into a van. Locking to something stationary is really the only way to go or if you have the luxury, get em all!

+1 ...or have ewen hangin round the bikes in lycra to deter the thieves :whistle:

skidMark
15th August 2008, 16:47
Why do they have to pick on the poor students?
Fucking pricks.

Brecause you are easy pickings....

Hmm one less tank of gas.... to get a disc lock...or 500-1500 excess

Squiggles
16th August 2008, 10:41
i think this calls for aftermarket rearsets
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Vfr400-Nc30-Rvf400-Nc35-Adj-Rearsets-Rear-sets_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116 QQitemZ150219382582
http://cgi.ebay.com/HONDA-NC30-VFR400-RVF400-NC35-REARSET-FOOTREST-KIT_W0QQitemZ230280418047QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item2 30280418047&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177
:drool:

motorbyclist
16th August 2008, 22:49
theres what, at least 30 of us that park in there? I'd be willing to pitch in my amount to get like 2-3 camera's that watch the areas that our bikes park

good idea

will see what i can do..... thinking an AUSA grant application to set up some cameras; 1 by engineering, 3-4 along symonds and 2 in CP36 and maybe a few around the other spots (law, HS, architecture)

if unsafe wants them they can pay for them. if they disagree well tough shit because if they were doing their job properly there would already be cameras up

Winston001
16th August 2008, 23:45
I feel for you guys, I was a student myself at one time and having your bike stolen would be gutting.

Cameras are fine, they may deter thieves. However I think a general purpose security is more useful.

A mate of mine has an electronic disc-lock which I think cost $115. Sounds expensive but you can hardly touch the bike without the alarm going off. A disk lock by itself won't deter thieves - put the front wheel on a skateboard. So an alarm doubles the protection.

motorbyclist
17th August 2008, 00:11
Cameras are fine, they may deter thieves. However I think a general purpose security is more useful.

hoping if they do still nick things we can at least get a good idea of time and method, if not a face/number plate

mister.koz
17th August 2008, 01:14

like this?
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-accessories/Other/auction-171083908.htm

100db baby watch those theiving ears burn!

Real_Wolf
17th August 2008, 12:52
the camera's would at least help, as solid evidence, for if a bike is stolen.

You'd only need them over the exits, but so that their watching in from the exits so you can see them mess with the bike if its within sight.

Either way, with the number of people, surely each one could donate $20, and some electronics savvy person could hook them up for us if unisafe won't provide

motorbyclist
17th August 2008, 14:26
like this?
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-accessories/Other/auction-171083908.htm

100db baby watch those theiving ears burn!

fukken saved to watchlist!

and check out this one: 110dB (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-accessories/Other/auction-170712921.htm)

XN15: Simple to use, easy to carry comes with a carry pouch that can fit in your pocket or under your seat. Emits a warning beep if you move your bike to remind you that its there so it makes it hard to ride off with it on the bike.
Scare people away from your bike if they bump it or try and sit on it the alarm will go off then after 15 seconds if they have left it alone it resets ready for next time.

perfect for symonds street parking:D

Jerry74
17th August 2008, 14:31
little shits, put some rottweilers around the area who are trained to eat people who are not wearing helmets

Slyer
17th August 2008, 15:29
I like those alarms, not too expensive either.

shingo
17th August 2008, 17:36
Have heard of a few people having problems with the Vena disk locks going off without even being touched, and they can sometimes go off when you are locking or removing them.

Just ask Morcs, he'll tell you what i mean.

Winston001
17th August 2008, 21:33
fukken saved to watchlist!

and check out this one: 110dB (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-accessories/Other/auction-170712921.htm)

perfect for symonds street parking:D

Yeah that is the one my mate has, cost him $115 off Trademe.

Nothing is perfect. The alarm has a small speaker and could be muffled by a clever and quick thief. Even so, I like this sort of protection - small, practical, physical and audible. Enough to make them look for an easier ripoff.