PDA

View Full Version : Some cunt stole my viffer

motorbyclist
12th August 2008, 17:59
Parked in university of auckland carpark36 at 1100, talked to zim, went to lab. came back at 1415 and viffer had magically turned into rob's vfr.

rob reckons he got there at 11:30

so within 30minutes of my arrival it was nicked

if anybody saw anything we want to hear it. it's a busy park so you'd think someone noticed. would've been taken out via princes or symonds street, possibly alfred st. chances are it's going to find it's way to a racetrack so recovery looks unlikely.

no security camera footage available, despite being a 'secure' carpark.

it is insured, but i would obviously like it back. it has a lot of parts sitting in the shed waiting for it, and currently has chris's gear lever on it which is worth $200 alone as the only source for those is japan.

according to carfax, my bike 13UGU should have
Engine no: NC13E-1406862
Chassis no: NC30-1006194

Of course i wrote down the VIN for insurance, and have a photo for reference
VIN: JA88G011100006194
chuck that into carfax and it comes up invalid:pinch:

custom paint makes it pretty recognisable.

hey guys, could you all do me a favour? in my attempts to find anyone who saw my bike leaving, i've gone around my lectures and chucked up a notice on the document camera. they aren't hard to use (omg lecturers must be technologically retarded), so just get up there as soon as you enter a lecture and pop up the attached flyer. we can canvass a decent proportion of the uni in this way - and if we find these thieving bastards that's plus one to motorbike safety at uni and i get my bike back

Mom
12th August 2008, 18:03
Thieving scum!

Sorry to hear it was your bike gone mate. A million platitues heading your way no doubt.

Me, I want to bash them, though I am not sure I could do much damage...:shifty:

dilz
12th August 2008, 18:03
gay man,cunts!good luck

Phurrball
12th August 2008, 18:04
Wholly Shit Batman!!!! Fukkityfukfukfuk!

That is very disturbing, given the location and state of the bike...

What's your theft excess?

Vigilante patrols anyone?

Slyer
12th August 2008, 18:19
Stealing bikes should be worth the death penalty.
Seriously, fuck them.

Real_Wolf
12th August 2008, 18:27
I still wanna know why they'd go for your bike? Maybe they figure your not gonna search after it since its so dented.

Sucks anyway, they had to have been watching and have it planned to do it in 30 minutes

bomma
12th August 2008, 18:43
FTW?!?!?! I THOUGHT CHRIS WAS TALKING SHIT!!! OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG Y THE FUCK WOULD SOMEONE STEAL YOUR BIKE?!?!?! bet it was isaac....i knew he couldn't resist not having a bike!!

all jokes aside dude im fucking gutted for ya mate!!! but on the other hand its a pretty "stand-out like a sore fucking thumb that you've just had a shit on and set on fire" kinda bike so hopefully someone spots it and we can go investigate with some sledge hammers and biker gloves.....for a chat

hayd3n
12th August 2008, 18:46
ohh fuckin bugger m8 hope you get it bak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it sux when shit hits the fan

HungusMaximist
12th August 2008, 18:58
Holy fuck!

I seriously had not a clue wtf Chris was on about!

What is up with people stealing other people's bikes? But seriously, we as a club gotta take some grounds and start putting preventative measures in place.

Ironically enough when we first started up last year 3 bikes started disappearing outta Auckland Uni and AUT in the space of 2 weeks.

Bring back the Bomma vgilante and the 'txt-to-bash' schemes for these theving cunts...! ! ! ! !

Magua
12th August 2008, 19:13
Wtf, man. I thought that place would have been fairly safe.

scracha
12th August 2008, 19:38
You got engine/frame numbers?

What sort of disk lock, chain or alarm were you using?

Tickler
12th August 2008, 19:42
That plain old suck man!
Another bikes goes from auckland uni! gutted. Did you have anything on it security wise? steering lock, alarm, disk lock?

racefactory
12th August 2008, 19:43
Hi mate,

this is tragic. where is car park 36?????? I was at uni today and sure as hell didnt see a viffer. what colour is it?

what chain and disk locks were you using?

racefactory
12th August 2008, 19:46
hey man give us some engine and chassis numbers so we can look out for it.

any unique things on the bike?

Slyer
12th August 2008, 20:10
Yeah, probably less likely to want it back.

motorbyclist
12th August 2008, 20:11
I still wanna know why they'd go for your bike? Maybe they figure your not gonna search after it since its so dented.

Sucks anyway, they had to have been watching and have it planned to do it in 30 minutes

NC30 is a pretty popular track bike, and mine had fibreglass fairings, adjustable suspension etc etc

You got engine/frame numbers?

What sort of disk lock, chain or alarm were you using?

yet to find numbers

left in a "secure" carpark, non students wouldn't even know icarpark was there, gate entry so they left via a footpath. steering lock and in gear with about 30km of petrol left in it.... you'd think the theifs would've nicked any of the many 'superior', more valuable bikes there.

bike cable was under pillion seat:doh:

gijoe1313
12th August 2008, 20:13
:angry2: Ah fer fookity fook's sake! Low life bastards! Sorry to hear that mate - I hope karma and payback get some extra serves on their sorry arses!

Hope something turns up soon ... you got the FXR going to keep riding?

motorbyclist
12th August 2008, 20:20
ok pic is up

little brother got learners on saturday so he's going to have to wait another fortnight while i "borrow" the fixxer

and yes i do want my viffer back. got a lot of unfinished business with that bike - including good fairings, brake seals etc etc sitting in my shed

motorbyclist
12th August 2008, 20:27
might also mention chris reports that someone had a go at his gsxr with a screwdriver. that thing was pretty munted too, so i'm assuming these theifs are looking fo a track bike or a bitzer. dunno why the cunts feel it's ok to take damaged bikes as it makes insurance a right cunt.

be aware guys, they're out there

lostinflyz
12th August 2008, 20:37
may be an idea to let some of the AMCC and VMCC people to watch out for those wheels. Ive never seen near that sortta color. if it goes near a track someone should notice.

Fucking bullshit about it getting nicked. Arm yourself with a shotgun and just keep shooting till someone says something. thats wat id do

TOTO
12th August 2008, 20:44
that sux andrew.

Any taughts on what the next bike is gonna be ... ?

xwhatsit
12th August 2008, 20:46
track bike
I'll guarantee it. Somebody's looking for bits for their track/race bike.

Put up engine/frame numbers.

Squiggles
12th August 2008, 20:55

dark red/silver paint scheme, Speedo hangs alot, dark red rims, oversized rear, fibreglass front fairings... what else can i think of...

scracha
12th August 2008, 21:03
I'm sorry...did you say steering lock?

Lesson learn't the hard way mate. I'm lucky in that the neighbours caught the wee bastards who hotwired my FZR red handed (many moons ago).

If you're leaving a bike for a few hours out of sight then attach it to something solid with a big fuckoff chain.

2wheeljunkie
12th August 2008, 21:16
cant say more than sorry bud..but let me tell ya this..karma is a fuckin bitch to mess it..:msn-wink:..they'll get whats comin to them..and if i see yer bike around i shall be on top of things..

racefactory
12th August 2008, 21:28
where in auckland uni is the car park man?

when you say you had it in gear- what are you suggesting by that?

honestly man this fucking sucks ill be on the look out for it...

motorbyclist
12th August 2008, 22:16
I'm sorry...did you say steering lock?

yeah, too lazy to chain it up just like a good 90% of the bikes around uni, and i never thought anyone would go for mine....

dark red/silver paint scheme, Speedo hangs alot, dark red rims, oversized rear, fibreglass front fairings... what else can i think of...

oh shush you! i cable tied that speedo in good and proper!

where in auckland uni is the car park man?

when you say you had it in gear- what are you suggesting by that?

it's under the area under the science building

it's a cunt to get into neutral when cold, and will stop any novices right there... of course bike was warm and they clearly aren't novices. really it's just a habit to stop it rolling off the stand

mark247
12th August 2008, 22:22
A thief with taste. WHAT A CUNT.

motorbyclist
12th August 2008, 22:27
Any taughts on what the next bike is gonna be ... ?

another NC30 or NC35 if i can find a reasonable one

i'd consider a newish cbr600rrrrr rr but it would be out of my price range, and i have too much fun on the V4s anyway

BANZAI
12th August 2008, 22:29
Man that sucks!!! Sorry to hear that eh....

Perhaps we all go out and investigate carpark in Chiller?

We might be able to find foot steps, oil leaks, tyre track, some sort of DNA sample, blood stain etc.... :sherlock:

klyong82
12th August 2008, 22:50
Will keep an eye out for your bike.....sorry to hear about.....really sucks...

bomma
12th August 2008, 22:53
Will keep an eye out for your bike.....sorry to hear about.....really sucks...

should offer him your fireblade till he finds a replacement kim and just stick to the beemer for now:niceone:

skidMark
12th August 2008, 23:33

Yeah the fact its probably a box of bits on its way to aussie by now... :buggerd:

no hang on thats what happens with all the stolen bikes...

Cough eyes open for a black bmw and a grey primera...cough....stolen plates, different set everytime.... cough....white helmet....sometimes a puffer jacket....

Real_Wolf
13th August 2008, 00:26
thats the thing, they don't even need to stick it into neutral, just hold the clutch, roll it out the front or symods, then stick it in a van.

If they managed to beat a steering lock you'd need a bloody decent chain to stop them, and when there are so many bikes without steering locks that are in better condition, you know it was a purposeful target of his bike.

And from its condition, and the fact that its stolen, its either a track/race bike or a spare parts for another persons viffer

motorbyclist
13th August 2008, 00:33
right, never having looked at the engine i don't have that number on hand, BUT according to carfax, my bike 13UGU should have
Engine no: NC13E-1406862
Chassis no: NC30-1006194

Of course i wrote down the VIN for insurance, and have a photo for reference
VIN: JA88G011100006194
chuck that into carfax and it comes up invalid:pinch:

Phurrball
13th August 2008, 12:26
^^^What have the Police said?

(I take it you have filed a report?)

Has anyone told Un(i)safe and the Police that there may be an active bike thief in the University area again. We (partially) pay Un(i)safe so we can justifiably expect some increased security steps in response.

(Chris' ignition tampering and the the fact your bike and his were targeted suggest this is more than mere opportunism)

bikerboy011
13th August 2008, 12:46
sorry to hear that mate...fucken cunts!!

EJK
13th August 2008, 13:15
Ah wtf??? You too???
Things are not going well for you these days :no:

Do you need some pies? lol

Ragingrob
13th August 2008, 13:46
How does Unisafe have "no video recordings" of the area... When there's a camera up by the exit facing directly into the carpark? Fake camera FTL huh?

That sucks so so much... Stolen in like a 20min time frame, in an underground carpark, which needs key access, with people around all the time including security and Uni workers. WTF!

Definitely sounds like specific bike thieves, as they must've scoped out the place/bikes for sometime to know what was under there and the exits etc etc...

As Andrew told me yesterday, could be a uni student who knows!

ehab2weelr
13th August 2008, 14:15
can you guys remember that it was round this time of the year those three bikes were stolen? i recommend every one to carry an extra locking system...yes do look out for cars that go up and down Symonds street and a guy that pops out of it with a helmet in his hand we sow those F#*k heads last time trying to steal an r1. i issue a warning to all uni riders to keep a look out and to make sure your bikes are well secured lock and lock again

WARNING BIKE THEFT ARE IN HIGH AKTIVITY TAKE PRECAUTIONS

FROSTY
13th August 2008, 14:28
Mate I'd chase up that camera ^^^ if theres a camera on the entrance its gotta be worth seeing

de_wood_elf
13th August 2008, 15:52
Fuk man don't those bastards have anything better to do. Totally sucks for you man, best of luck getting it back.
The 'txt-to-bash' schemes HungusMaximist brought up are a great idea, I'm in.

more_fasterer
13th August 2008, 16:44
Gutted to hear man. Will keep an eye out, if I find the perp I'll be sure to kill them until they are dead

Ryan432
13th August 2008, 18:27
Fuuuk man thats not kool at all! its a pretrty distinctive bike hopefully someone saw were they took it!

idleidolidyll
13th August 2008, 19:16
it might actually be raced by a mate of the bastard who stole it, probably not for a while though.

Of course it may already be a pile of spare parts in a garage somewhere: look for cheap parts in a few months on TardMe

probably the best you could hope for is that he/she took it for a hoon and left it in the shrubbery somewhere.

Swoop
13th August 2008, 22:07
Bastards!

Will put a post-it note with the rego, onto my tacho.

motorbyclist
14th August 2008, 01:01
Mate I'd chase up that camera ^^^ if theres a camera on the entrance its gotta be worth seeing

yep, did first thing after confirming it wasn't towed, calling cops/insurance etc

it's a dud camera... pretty fucking stupid considering all the walkways they have monitored for foot traffic

then went to AUSA (auckland uni students association) to see what the story was with their cameras. got sent around from office to office till i got to the custodian, who was at lunch. came back 30minutes later and he said they didn't have any cameras to help me.

probably the best you could hope for is that he/she took it for a hoon and left it in the shrubbery somewhere.

cop: do you want us to have the vehicle recovered if we find it? you will be liable for any costs incurred.
me: what?!
cop: do you want us to tow it if we find it, at your expense, or leave it?
me: so wait, if you find it you'd just leave it on the side of the road from where it could be stolen again?
cop: yep, pretty much.
me: well tow the thing then!

motorbyclist
14th August 2008, 01:05
ok guys, do me a favour and read what i've put in the main post

Ragingrob
14th August 2008, 08:29
Wtf what kinda shit ass uni that charges each student thousands of dollars per year for (some) shit ass lecturers and (some) unorganised departments installs DUD cameras around the place. What a rip!

Your flyer doesn't load on the mac :(, is it the new version of word? .docx?

rie
14th August 2008, 11:02
cop: do you want us to have the vehicle recovered if we find it? you will be liable for any costs incurred.
me: what?!
cop: do you want us to tow it if we find it, at your expense, or leave it?
me: so wait, if you find it you'd just leave it on the side of the road from where it could be stolen again?
cop: yep, pretty much.

typical...!!!

Timati
14th August 2008, 11:39
Sorry what happened mate.

It's ridiculous what the cops came back with. Aren't they getting paid with tax payers money to do something about crime rates...what the hell are we paying taxes for...I think they should at least move the bike to a secure location if they can't be bothered to tow it away. Think the Uni should take some responsibility as well since it occurred on Uni premises. Is there a sign that says there aren't responsible or at least a sign indicating/warning bikers that thieves may be operating in the area and remind everyone to secure their bikes? Am sure if there isn't a legal notice of some sort, they (Uni) ought to be liable.

Choco
14th August 2008, 11:47
Sorry to hear bro, I'll keep a look out for it and let you know if I see anything.
Hope Karma will get them back or they wuss out and hand it in.
Choco

Real_Wolf
14th August 2008, 12:27
hey andrew, sure, alot of us can put that up on the document camera, its not exactly hard as you said.

One thing though, can you stick that on the afs drive of "lecture, pass lecture", which 90% of the lectures use for their desktop. Would make it alot easier to simply stick up the camera feed for the file, rather than having to keep the flier which would easily disappear

Macstar
14th August 2008, 12:33
Bummer mate. Maybe I should leave my Hornet down there too for a quick sale / payout!

For the record: Wasn't me! I sat on your Viffer once... too small :)

MGST
14th August 2008, 15:20
Wtf what kinda shit ass uni that charges each student thousands of dollars per year for (some) shit ass lecturers and (some) unorganised departments installs DUD cameras around the place?

This bullshit Uni!

Vtwo Fiend
14th August 2008, 15:56
i know the feeling i lost my beloved Tl1000 last year for out side my office window, bastards put it in the back of a a van and drove away, its amazing how may people didnt even see it hap:angry2:pen.

shingo
14th August 2008, 16:02
Think the Uni should take some responsibility as well since it occurred on Uni premises. Is there a sign that says there aren't responsible or at least a sign indicating/warning bikers that thieves may be operating in the area and remind everyone to secure their bikes? Am sure if there isn't a legal notice of some sort, they (Uni) ought to be liable.

How exactly is the uni suppose to know if bike thieves are operating when this is the first theft i have heard of all year.

The fact that they didn't put up signs shouldn't really matter as we all know you should employ as much security as you can when it come to securing your own property.

The only real thing i think we could hold against them is using dummy cameras as a deterrent cause they obviously didn't work.

bomma
14th August 2008, 17:55
How exactly is the uni suppose to know if bike thieves are operating when this is the first theft i have heard of all year.

The fact that they didn't put up signs shouldn't really matter as we all know you should employ as much security as you can when it come to securing your own property.

The only real thing i think we could hold against them is using dummy cameras as a deterrent cause they obviously didn't work.

i actually thought timati was onto something as it is a "private carpark"....i dont want this to cause us to lose our parking priveleges down there but shouldn't some onus of responsibility fall on the uni to ensure some security is present in that space?? i mean, they dont say anywhere that we are parking there under our own risk and the fact that they are "advertising" that area as a secure and private park, are they not entitled to provide said "security"?? im sure i read a case on this in my contractual law paper :blink:....p-mac, words of wisdom and insight??

shingo
14th August 2008, 18:09
i actually thought timati was onto something as it is a "private carpark"....i dont want this to cause us to lose our parking priveleges down there but shouldn't some onus of responsibility fall on the uni to ensure some security is present in that space?? i mean, they dont say anywhere that we are parking there under our own risk and the fact that they are "advertising" that area as a secure and private park, are they not entitled to provide said "security"?? im sure i read a case on this in my contractual law paper :blink:....p-mac, words of wisdom and insight??

No doubt there will be something written on paper that would allow you to hold them somewhat liable, that would explain why every other "private" carpark has endless numbers of signs stating you need to lock or lose it.

They do have some security with the unisafe guards walking through there often, but the problem with that is they don't know who owns what. So you could almost say we weren't very pro-active in helping get the best out of the security that is currently in place by ensuring the guards would be able to identify who owned what, allowing them to identify when someone is taking a bike thats not theirs.

Also i haven't seen any explicit advertising that states the carpark as being a secure premises and that some form of security will be offered. Though it does look like a secure carpark, it could be argued that the barriers are more there to stop unwanted vehicles parking in there, rather than to keep thieves from leaving with someone else's vehicle.

Phurrball
14th August 2008, 18:24
I can't see how the university could be held responsible -

*While it is a private car park, the area is publically accessable by foot (Freely and legitamately)

*There is no duty of care undertaken by university (we don't pay them for parking services, there is no explicit contract, no bailment - this kind of case has been litigated before wrt a private carpark which you pay to park in)

Because of the above, it is essentially the vehicle owner's responsibility to take steps to mitigate risk of loss - locks, insurance etc.

Un(i)safe patrols are something the university does anyway - not specifically aimed at preventing vehicle theft.

It is pretty raw that the camera is a dummy though...

IMHO the university would be negligent not to step up security now that this has happened. (by making their officers aware, increasing patrols etc)

This relies on them being properly informed. So long as we have informed them, we are entitled to know what additional security steps they are taking to mitigate this problem on their 'turf'

We could push for removable bollards to stop bikes leaving by walkways?

An idea: Because substantial locks are a pain to haul around, if the club was interested, I could line up some serious chain through my work and match that to identically keyed padlocks. Club members that wanted to could have a key and use any lock that was free? Would be first in, first served though

^^^I know this is only a deterrent - but it might help? Could be extended to areas other than CP36 too. Can discuss more at chiller.

Real_Wolf
14th August 2008, 18:34
that serious chain idea sounds good, to make it simpler too you could just have it be a combination lock so that you don't have to give out keys, though that may be a bit less secure if someone goes and blabs.

Be good to have that, but the problem is the part of the parking where most of the bikes park is the most secure already, its the other places that alot of us are forced to park where people could easily steal it from. Would it be possible to have them in significant numbers in all the places that we could possible park? like the diamond, or under the stairs

bomma
14th August 2008, 20:24
I can't see how the university could be held responsible -

*While it is a private car park, the area is publically accessable by foot (Freely and legitamately)

*There is no duty of care undertaken by university (we don't pay them for parking services, there is no explicit contract, no bailment - this kind of case has been litigated before wrt a private carpark which you pay to park in)

Because of the above, it is essentially the vehicle owner's responsibility to take steps to mitigate risk of loss - locks, insurance etc.

Un(i)safe patrols are something the university does anyway - not specifically aimed at preventing vehicle theft.

It is pretty raw that the camera is a dummy though...

IMHO the university would be negligent not to step up security now that this has happened. (by making their officers aware, increasing patrols etc)

This relies on them being properly informed. So long as we have informed them, we are entitled to know what additional security steps they are taking to mitigate this problem on their 'turf'

We could push for removable bollards to stop bikes leaving by walkways?

An idea: Because substantial locks are a pain to haul around, if the club was interested, I could line up some serious chain through my work and match that to identically keyed padlocks. Club members that wanted to could have a key and use any lock that was free? Would be first in, first served though

^^^I know this is only a deterrent - but it might help? Could be extended to areas other than CP36 too. Can discuss more at chiller.

guess i shudda gone to the lectures for that comlaw paper lol but the chain sounds like a good idea though.....will see you at the chiller

Ragingrob
14th August 2008, 21:28
The car park is rather safe and secure for cars as you need a key card even to get out of the god damn place. But for bikes, I guess it's not as safe as we thought huh. I wonder if there are cameras down in OGG...

Zim_Invader
14th August 2008, 23:12
chain and lock are a good idea i reckon. combination codes arent hard to crack if u know how it's done or what to look out for.

so wierd how it just up'd and went in that 20 mins. it'd be interesting to see how one of the guys would react if hey did end up seeing the bike and some random dude sittin on it at some point.... (coulld make for a good tarentino movie scene) haha.

see, thing about the stiars area is that it was kinda stolen from just there... so i dunno about that being safest. from what i've heard so far, it's not all that hard to steal a bike, so really speaking it's no more than a 2 min job. still, had to be pre-planned.

doubt the thief would be dumb enough to take it around town any time soon, or to the track, without changing its look. so i doubt we'd be seeing it around for a while.... (i hope i''m wrong here tho buddy).

will make a plan to get this pic up at the letctures too. u never know who may know something... which day did it go again? tues right?

Mort
14th August 2008, 23:27
Auckland is a bike theives' paradise - so many unprotected bikes parked about.

Hope you get you bike back mate.

motorbyclist
15th August 2008, 00:36
Wtf what kinda shit ass uni that charges each student thousands of dollars per year for (some) shit ass lecturers and (some) unorganised departments installs DUD cameras around the place. What a rip!

that 'dud' camera pisses me right off.

here's hoping that camera on the princes st pedestrian crossing saw something.... though ii got a letter from the cops today, sent yesterday, saying the investigation is basically on hold until the bike turns up

oh, and apparently it went missing between 11:00 am and 11:00am... will have to call tomorrow and clear that up a bit and mention the princes st camera.

i called today and asked what was happening (before postie arrived) and apparently alot of cars get recovered when ppl see them on the side of the road for a few days.... girl on the phone didn't seem to appreciate this s a motorcycle that is now either in bits or on a racetrack, and that if it DID find it's way into a ditch somewhere it would be back on a racetrack before they got a towie to come get it

Your flyer doesn't load on the mac :(, is it the new version of word? .docx?

nah it's old word.... maybe load it at uni? come see me and i'll give you my one now i've covered all my papers

I think they should at least move the bike to a secure location if they can't be bothered to tow it away.

yep. i pay my taxes and expect basic things like preventing a follow up theft to be covered as part of the service

[QUOTE=Timati;1688237]
Think the Uni should take some responsibility as well since it occurred on Uni premises. Is there a sign that says there aren't responsible or at least a sign indicating/warning bikers that thieves may be operating in the area and remind everyone to secure their bikes? Am sure if there isn't a legal notice of some sort, they (Uni) ought to be liable.

agree and disagree

agree that they really have failed in not having any security footage of any of that fairly major area - what if someone went around breaking into cars for stereos/wallets etc?

but do disagree in that while i do pay uni fees, i never explicitly paid to park there, and frankly it's a case of "lock it or lose it". i'm very aware of how easy it is to steal my bike - BUT i did expect some footage of the area, being a "secure" carpark and all, and my fees do pay for my personal and material safety

so yeah - i don't blame uni but do feel that unisafe has failed me big time here.... which isn't much of a change

in fact, the whole way the uni treats students does annoy me:
i pay them, i can take my custom elsewhere, i should be treated like a customer not like livestock. too many things are a case of having to know you've got to do it in order for you to do it and never being told they weren't doing it, or that "it" even existed. too many things are a case of "well too bad i didn't check ndeva when i planned the labs for this paper, go move you lab for the other paper - no i don't care that you can't get to uni then - and yes if you don't go you will fail the paper all because i didn't organise a spare lab slot fr those who miss the lab"
some staff are really good, actively (and enthusiastically) helping you learn, some others are right assholes who really give the impression, and one even stated, that they are there because they're being paid to be (and she does a shit job too)

/rant

motorbyclist
15th August 2008, 00:42
oh, and not fitting my spare tank etc may cost me a bit for the payout:(

stay tuned for "my experience with protecta insurance"

Real_Wolf
15th August 2008, 08:42
I'm just reminded of my gf's lecturer who gave a 30 minute rant about how lecturers where there to conduct research, and not to teach students, etc.

motorbyclist
17th August 2008, 14:15
old man complaining that his commute went from 30minutes+$20petrol to 90minutes+$150petrol a week

need a new bike asap... (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1692473) might end up importing one like jafa has but then i'd need a bike for up to 2 months while it swims over here....

HungusMaximist
17th August 2008, 14:41
Just borrow one off G.I Joe..

He's got plently of 250s in his garage.

EJK
17th August 2008, 17:19
Just borrow one off G.I Joe..

He's got plently of 250s in his garage.

But theres only ONE that actually works :lol:

Metalor
17th August 2008, 20:19
Hey...... sorry to hear your bike got pinched dude, that fucken sucks!!!

Do you really want it back if they recover it? It's most likely been thrashed... although I'm guessing you like to wind the throttle on every now and again? haha!

Should have used your lock though mate! I even lock my Volty whever I leave it parked somewhere. Guys and Mt Eden motorcycles told me bikes get pinched from uni all the time, and a big lock is a pretty cood deterent. I especially can't afford to have my bike go walk-abouts cos I have no insurance and no other form of transport... should probably think about getting insurance though.

motorbyclist
18th August 2008, 00:49
Hey...... sorry to hear your bike got pinched dude, that fucken sucks!!!

Do you really want it back if they recover it? It's most likely been thrashed... although I'm guessing you like to wind the throttle on every now and again? haha!

we have the technology; we can rebuild it!

nah that bike was pretty bombproof, and from what i've seen so far of the market, a pretty damn good example

I especially can't afford to have my bike go walk-abouts cos I have no insurance and no other form of transport... should probably think about getting insurance though.

3rd and theft minimum - just wait till that diesel slick puts you at fault when a merc door gets munted:buggerd:

Metalor
19th August 2008, 23:51
3rd and theft minimum - just wait till that diesel slick puts you at fault when a merc door gets munted:buggerd:

Yea well... I've already rammed into a brand new merc and had no insurance to cover my arse. Wasn't a very nice exercise!!

motorbyclist
20th August 2008, 01:55
looking at what squiggles gets through ami for his GNxs ($3 a month), a volty shouldn't be much worse...

Coyote
21st August 2008, 18:44
Should've bloody stolen mine so I can claim insurance. Bah!

Don't know how bikes could disappear in this country, not like there's many of us around.

EJK
21st August 2008, 18:55
Talk about insurance... I'm paying $29 a month and it's going nowhere near the road!

ital916
21st August 2008, 23:11
Talk about insurance... I'm paying $29 a month and it's going nowhere near the road!

I can't believe the state of your fxr, go down to stephens garage and fix the fucking thing, :nono:

Ragingrob
21st August 2008, 23:15
I can't believe the state of your fxr, go down to stephens garage and fix the fucking thing, :nono:

Yeah I reckon, c'mon EJ! And Dush what's up with your baby?

motorbyclist
22nd August 2008, 03:01

LOL you can't talk

seen the state of you minimoto lately? i've tried to save all the bits but stephen felt like making some "art"

EJK
22nd August 2008, 11:03
Yeah dush, If I have the money

bomma
22nd August 2008, 12:46
lol man what's going on with you fullas?!?! dont hear from ya in aaages and still not a working bike in sight....get onto it you noobulous bastards!!!

skidMark
22nd August 2008, 14:46
Should've bloody stolen mine so I can claim insurance. Bah!

Don't know how bikes could disappear in this country, not like there's many of us around.

Send em overseas.....in boxes of iddy biddy bits....

on another note how much will ya take for ur vfr....email me, brngiton@hotmail.com

Coyote
22nd August 2008, 14:59
I got a quote note saying skiddy replied to a post I made. I don't see it in the pointless drivel thread. What did he say?!

skidMark
22nd August 2008, 15:04
I got a quote note saying skiddy replied to a post I made. I don't see it in the pointless drivel thread. What did he say?!

Waiting on approval, lol ur gunna get another now...

shingo
22nd August 2008, 19:58

It should show up eventually, all his posts have to be approved before they appear.

motorbyclist
23rd August 2008, 00:39
Waiting on approval, lol ur gunna get another now...

gah just remembered you can't read rep

you're right about the r6; i had a listen and she really needs new plugs

next chiller bring some ID, i hate leaving guys at the door but we needed food and everyone was still downstairs for you

Coyote
23rd August 2008, 10:05
Send em overseas.....in boxes of iddy biddy bits....

on another note how much will ya take for ur vfr....email me, brngiton@hotmail.com
The amount I'd feel ok selling it for is not nearly as much as it's worth. It's cost me 6 times what I think it's worth now...

2wheeljunkie
26th August 2008, 16:23
Yeah dush, If I have the money

whats actually wrong wit it ejk thats gonna cost u a fortune..u proly already have it up on some other thread so if u feel like it, u can reply to my post..if not dunt worry mate..i understand that uve proly already explained it a thousand times to a thousand ppl..:cool:

racefactory
27th August 2008, 00:32
Yeah the fact its probably a box of bits on its way to aussie by now... :buggerd:

no hang on thats what happens with all the stolen bikes...

Cough eyes open for a black bmw and a grey primera...cough....stolen plates, different set everytime.... cough....white helmet....sometimes a puffer jacket....

Sorry if i'm missing anything here- but are you actually talking about something specific?? Primera? bmw? what the hell is this?

motorbyclist
27th August 2008, 01:07
probably just repeating what bomma posted up when we caught them in the act last year

watch out for skiddy, he's a shameless troll and moderation only slows him down rather than slashing his post rate to less than 10% of what it is

motorbyclist
27th August 2008, 20:04
Step One to reducing bike thefts:

big fuck-off alarmed disc locks, at cost, for you (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=80665)