PDA

View Full Version : k4 gsxr1000..slipper clutch?

dilz
13th August 2008, 20:12
did the k4 1000 come with a slipper clutch standard?...just wondering cheers:niceone:

98tls
13th August 2008, 20:25
Yes,fits in a TLS fwiw.:confused:

dilz
13th August 2008, 20:30
Yes,fits in a TLS fwiw.:confused:

Thanks for ya help bro:niceone:

Cajun
13th August 2008, 20:33
the k4 1000 does not come with a slipper clutch
the k5 was first one to come with one

people have grafted gsxr 1000k5 slipper clutches, in to the k4s, check out www.gixxer.com

98tls
13th August 2008, 20:41
:bash:me bad........Cajun is right,i know a few off the TL forum had done it and thought it was out of a K4,went over there and checked my facts and will admit to putting you wrong,good work Cajun.

SixPackBack
13th August 2008, 21:12
the k4 1000 does not come with a slipper clutch
the k5 was first one to come with one

people have grafted gsxr 1000k5 slipper clutches, in to the k4s, check out www.gixxer.com (http://www.gixxer.com)

K5-K6 slipper clutch groans at times-they are not perfect, having said that there is a fix!

justsomeguy
13th August 2008, 21:18
K5-K6 slipper clutch groans at times-they are not perfect, having said that there is a fix!

Like learning how to blip the throttle properly before downchanging and riding smoothly?

Dilz -if you're wondering cos you wanna buy one - go right ahead mate - it's such a great bike to ride and so easy flick from side to side. It does deserve respect though:shutup:

justsomeguy
13th August 2008, 21:20
Ah - just checked your profile. Ignore my earlier comments.

Mint bike..... :love:

SixPackBack
13th August 2008, 21:21
Like learning how to blip the throttle properly before downchanging and riding smoothly?

Dilz -if you're wondering cos you wanna buy one - go right ahead mate - it's such a great bike to ride and so easy flick from side to side. It does deserve respect though:shutup:

Mine groans when ridden gentley particularly around town, was okay at the track and on the open road!?

98tls
13th August 2008, 21:23
K5-K6 slipper clutch groans at times-they are not perfect, having said that there is a fix! :eek5:You guys think you have it bad try Suzukis forgettable "back torque limiter" bet there was a few loud board meetings about that.

justsomeguy
13th August 2008, 21:24
Mine groans when ridden gentley particularly around town, was okay at the track and on the open road!?

Don't ride it slowly then... hahaha:Playnice:

Only spent a day, actually more like 5 hours with a demo from Haldanes last year, spent a little time on SH16 and of course my holy land Scenic Drive. The clutch seemed fine. Have you heard of similar issues with other bikes too?

SixPackBack
13th August 2008, 21:32
:eek5:You guys think you have it bad try Suzukis forgettable "back torque limiter" bet there was a few loud board meetings about that.

Oh have not heard about that one, tell me more!

Don't ride it slowly then... hahaha:Playnice:

Only spent a day, actually more like 5 hours with a demo from Haldanes last year, spent a little time on SH16 and of course my holy land Scenic Drive. The clutch seemed fine. Have you heard of similar issues with other bikes too?

Have to ride it slowly:pinch:plod is keeping his eye out....as for similar issues?...yeah have heard others moan but dealers tell me not to stress and the bike has performed well [50K in 20 months]

98tls
13th August 2008, 21:46
Came as standard on TLS/R but flawed to put it politely,K4 clutch fits inside Later S and R basket (which is where i went wrong in earlier post)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_TL1000S

dilz
13th August 2008, 23:03

thats way too hardcore for me, i thought only racers could ever master that skill!:Pokey:

wasnt gunna buy one,was just wondering.:msn-wink:

cheers for the help guys!