PDA

View Full Version : Short ride tomorrow (Sun 17 Aug)

BANZAI
16th August 2008, 19:26
Hi guys,

If the weather is good wanna go Cycletreads early morning and then head back to auckland through coatesville-riverhead hwy?

Gotta get to half-moonbay at 12pm-ish. So planning to leave city 8:40am, get to cycltreads 9am and probly it's done by half hour then take wairau rd, albany hw, main rd, coatesville-riverhead.

Umm is it possible to go through that road within 2hour? Can't remember how long that took us to get to Albany last time...

I won't be back till 10pm ish tonight but post here if you are keen to come with me!

Btw only if weather is good, I don't wanna go there if road is wet :pinch:

Magua
16th August 2008, 20:40
Jump back onto the motorway at Akoranga/Esmonde from cycletreads and get off at Greville rd. Wairau's probably not so much of a problem early on a Sunday morning, but atleast the motorway has no traffic lights. Save yourself a few minutes if you're in a hurry.

CB ARGH
16th August 2008, 20:46
Btw only if weather is good, I don't wanna go there if road is wet :pinch:

Your chances are pretty slim... the weather's meant to be really stink tomorrow (sun). :chase:

Choco
16th August 2008, 22:45
I would love to ride with you man, but i'm off on a school trip to Rotorua!
And before you guys ask: no, i'm not allowed to take the bike :crybaby:

Real_Wolf
16th August 2008, 22:51
love to go with ya, but I think that I probably should ride as little as possible with my back wheel as it is, until I get it fixed

BANZAI
16th August 2008, 23:15
Jump back onto the motorway at Akoranga/Esmonde from cycletreads and get off at Greville rd. Wairau's probably not so much of a problem early on a Sunday morning, but atleast the motorway has no traffic lights. Save yourself a few minutes if you're in a hurry.

I can't take motorway for few reasons... I will take motorway when I have to i.e. when I'm going to Cycletreads and way back from Westgate.

Carb problem and L-plate don't go well on motorway :pinch:

Your chances are pretty slim... the weather's meant to be really stink tomorrow (sun). :chase:

It's not raining now!!! Meh if it's really shit weather I'm just gonna do my assignment....

I would love to ride with you man, but i'm off on a school trip to Rotorua!
And before you guys ask: no, i'm not allowed to take the bike :crybaby:

That sucks! Tell your teacher he would save one extra seat for him and few cents of petrol!!!!

love to go with ya, but I think that I probably should ride as little as possible with my back wheel as it is, until I get it fixed

Hmm true... use that as an advantage and drift all corners :p

Haha it's ok, get it done sooon, I wanna ride your XS! :drool:

BANZAI
17th August 2008, 08:40
I just woke up and road is wet.

Maybe next time...

CB ARGH
17th August 2008, 09:23
I just woke up and road is wet.

Maybe next time...

I'd sort of do the "in your face" thing, but the weather is bad for me too... first ride today on the bike... interesting to see what happens with the weather - and the bike. :banana:

Real_Wolf
17th August 2008, 12:54
it feels like I DO drift the corners some times, because I can feel the back wheel being unsteady

Ragingrob
17th August 2008, 13:26
Good old drifting ay, lol Friday night after the chiller I was turning onto the waterfront from some road, nice wet roads, halfway round the corner accelerate for some fun and woooohoooo there's my back sliding out :p

motorbyclist
17th August 2008, 13:55
Good old drifting ay, lol Friday night after the chiller I was turning onto the waterfront from some road, nice wet roads, halfway round the corner accelerate for some fun and woooohoooo there's my back sliding out :p

took off from some lights, but forgot i was on the r6...

suffice to say 3/4 throttle on r6 is a bit more juice than on the viffer

and it was dry too!