PDA

View Full Version : Ugly Asphalt on Anzac (18 August)

rie
18th August 2008, 16:29
haphazardly glued up bits of concrete all the way down anzac (starting from the high court on symonds street). the works: poorly swept gravel scattered everywhere, holes, construction debris and impatient traffic that WILL try and overtake you on an imaginary right-hand lane.

look out for the "uneven surface" sign. doesn't do it justice.

boostin
18th August 2008, 16:46
haphazardly glued up bits of concrete all the way down anzac (starting from the high court on symonds street). the works: poorly swept gravel scattered everywhere, holes, construction debris and impatient traffic that WILL try and overtake you on an imaginary right-hand lane.

look out for the "uneven surface" sign. doesn't do it justice.
I liked my ride home this afternoon down Anzac. To make the trip more interesting try to get some air off the raised manhole covers.

Phurrball
18th August 2008, 18:47
^^^ Thank for the warning for those of us that venture into the 'lower' parts of Akl University...

BANZAI
18th August 2008, 19:11
I have to go through there everytime when I'm coming back from 'top' part of uni...

They had notice up saying they gonna finish working on that side of the road by yesterday! (road work supposed to start on Sat and finished on Sun)

When they done with that side, they gonna start working on my apartment side of the road... It's gonna be real bitch to get out... (Bike, Car, Walk)

motorbyclist
18th August 2008, 19:35
one of those man holes sunk a few inches into the ground very nearly caused me a serious scooter incident; trailer got anough of a bash to release the latches holding the 1x2m acrylic, both sheets of which went flying into a cafe front at 50kph. nearly lost the flouro tube too. very lucky no-one was sitting outside the cafe.

Ragingrob
18th August 2008, 19:53
That bloody road is already fully lined with bloody tar snakes! Honestly, when it's wet, do NOT lean on that road!

TOTO
18th August 2008, 21:12
cheers 4 da heads up.

xwhatsit
18th August 2008, 22:01
Heheh, stand up on the pegs! You guys are complaining -- try it with my suspension ;)

HungusMaximist
18th August 2008, 22:32
Yea those frikken road works been hammering there ages and pretty hazardous in the wet. I use to cruise all the way down to Beach road from Anzac Ave, then hit Quay Street. Now I am turning right from Symonds St down to Alten Rd, then get on the Strand.

bomma
18th August 2008, 22:37
one of those man holes sunk a few inches into the ground very nearly caused me a serious scooter incident; trailer got anough of a bash to release the latches holding the 1x2m acrylic, both sheets of which went flying into a cafe front at 50kph. nearly lost the flouro tube too. very lucky no-one was sitting outside the cafe.

but at least the stop took up precious "work" time and we shaved like 40 mins off our shift remember :woohoo:

klyong82
18th August 2008, 23:34
tar snakes woohoo....you should see how my pilot power handles em....yeah whats with all the roads works around auckland? Gravel can hurt my radiator....but it sure is a sign that council is loaded if they can afford these projects...