PDA

View Full Version : 250 Bandit behaving... Oddly

Dare
25th August 2008, 19:01
Just this morning my bandit was a little hard to start, usually a first time every time girl I was surprised that playing with the choke lever had little effect. Then on the way home on the m way i was disconcerted to notice quite alot of engine vibration through the handlebars coinciding with an 'angrier' note from the engine and a slight change in throttle response. Upon getting home I notice my recently fitted chain was loose so tightened that up and had a play, but couldnt notice any obviously missing mounting bolts etc. (poor exhaust mounting having plagued my mini for years to similar effect) Took it for another run just now and again was slightly odd, throttle is sluggish around idle/low revs but rockets up with maybe less provocation than usual? Also on initial start up it sounded a bit funny on two of the cylinders but appears to be running fine on all four under load except for the vibration and noise. I think either the tappets have got themselves mis-adjusted somehow resulting in some valve clearance issue, or maybe somethings happened with the carbs? I noticed that once or twice backing off the throttle had a camel hump effect, like after the initial drop it sped up a little before continuing down. Anyone have any ideas before I go nuts and take it apart as per my usual sensible reaction to these things?

Pussy
25th August 2008, 21:35
A coil may be "tracking". We had the same problem a few years ago when Gassit Girl had a 250 Bandit. A new coil to replace the offending one solved the problem

Katman
25th August 2008, 22:38
Are all the rubber bungs still on the inlet manifold vacuum tubes?