PDA

View Full Version : Broken gear lever

ben
26th August 2008, 11:49
I broke my gear lever the other day. It’s still attached to bike. The bike is just stuck in 1st, so I must have broken something inside... :weep:

Anyone know how much I should expect it cost to get it fixed?

nodrog
26th August 2008, 12:01
$237.69 + gst

mouldy
26th August 2008, 12:14
$237.69 + gst

Gee that's cheap for a not having seen the bike quote . Do you do psychic diagnostics ?

FJRider
26th August 2008, 12:30
Gee that's cheap for a not having seen the bike quote . Do you do psychic diagnostics ?

Thats how much it SHOULD cost... reality is... it will actually be much more. :innocent:

nodrog
26th August 2008, 12:35

yeap, i also do palm reading, and tarot fortune telling by ph for $4.99 incl gst per minute.

merv
26th August 2008, 12:59
I broke my gear lever the other day. It’s still attached to bike. The bike is just stuck in 1st, so I must have broken something inside... :weep:

Anyone know how much I should expect it cost to get it fixed?

Did you break the gear lever or not, its not clear from your comment when you say its still attached.

Did you arse off to do this? Chances are you have bent something inside like a gear selector.

I'm not familiar with the KR but usually on a small smoker you can whip off the side covers of the engine and take the gear lever shaft out and check out whether things are bent or not. Hopefully someone in the know better will come along and add to my comments. Without knowing all the facts any attempt at putting a cost on this is purely a guess.

Racey Rider
27th August 2008, 07:21
I have a KR150 bottem end I am using for parts if you need any bits.

ben
28th August 2008, 16:19
yeap, i also do palm reading, and tarot fortune telling by ph for $4.99 incl gst per minute.

thanks but no thanks

ben
28th August 2008, 16:21
ive broken something insde... because the actual lever is just hanging limp...

dont really want to do anything myself cause im not mechinically minded...

just want a fair idea so i dont get ripped off my the bike shop...

FROSTY
7th September 2008, 17:11
before panicking. check that the lever is firmly attached to the splined rod -given your mechanical knowledge it might just be a case of tightening a bolt