PDA

View Full Version : Ride to Huia TODAY?? 27AUG 11:30am

BANZAI
27th August 2008, 08:11
Sun on east side, clouds on west side, apparently not much on rain rader...

If weather hold on till 11:30, anyone wanna go to Huia?

Other destination welcome but I gotta be back by 2pm. :)

If you are keen, TXT me 021 079 7278 :2thumbsup

bomma
27th August 2008, 10:29
hey yui, i'd love to ride mate but got a lab and lecs till 3 so im outtie, hope the weather holds out for ya :niceone:

BANZAI
27th August 2008, 16:31
Thanks for Rob and Shaun for turning up, that was nice ride :yes:

Altho we find Huia roads too bumpy, I prefer scenic drive more than Huia.

But anyway it was nice brake between these stressful days!!!! :niceone:

bomma
27th August 2008, 17:55
ross and myself ended up going on a spur of the moment ride up north...was AWESOME!! had been dying for a ride and felt the cobwebs and the rust around the edges but pretty soon we were noth ripping through those hills :P wata day!!!!

2wheeljunkie
27th August 2008, 22:03
ross and myself ended up going on a spur of the moment ride up north...was AWESOME!! had been dying for a ride and felt the cobwebs and the rust around the edges but pretty soon we were noth ripping through those hills :P wata day!!!!

sooo soo jealous..

bomma
28th August 2008, 11:06
twas sooo mint yesterday!!! a tad windy but other than that roads were dry, fuck all traffic and a tank of gas :2thumbsup cant wait till saturday!!!!!

EJK
28th August 2008, 11:12
Huia road? Bumpy? Are you sure you didn't took a wrong turn to Piha? :laugh:

shingo
28th August 2008, 12:25
Huia road? Bumpy? Are you sure you didn't took a wrong turn to Piha? :laugh:

The ride to Piha is a way better then the ride to huia. The road is a little bumpy, but it's wider in most sections and has more corners you can hit at a decent speed. Plus the lack of driveways means less unwanted gravel on the road. The only good bit about the rideto huia is the start of huia road.

2wheeljunkie
28th August 2008, 12:43
cant wait till saturday!!!!!

cudnt agree more..:niceone:

Phurrball
28th August 2008, 17:40
twas sooo mint yesterday!!! a tad windy but other than that roads were dry, fuck all traffic and a tank of gas :2thumbsup cant wait till saturday!!!!!

Aye! Cheers for an awesome ride buddy!

My first decent ride on the big Viffer since I rode it back from Katikati (since weather has been übershit the whole time I've had it)

Fairings do catch the wind a little, and more gear changing required than the torque-monster Firestorm (Tear in eye for premature departure of the poor red beast...)

My technique needs work, and I need to get more used to the VFR gearbox more (Though I think in my Viffernoobness, I may have overtightened the chain a little, and the gearbox may not like it, since I don't recall having issues before - Comments Andrew??)

^^^ As for the other comments - the ride to Huia is safer IMHO than battling with the Piha traffic, especially as you get further out on Huia Rd (My local!! Yay!)

Both great rides though - especially middle of the day in the midweek. Best time for riding - make the most of it while you're still at University (After that it's just throwing the odd 'Kawasickie' when the boss least suspects :shifty:)