PDA

View Full Version : Big Bang SV1000

GSVR
27th August 2008, 09:26
Think this might be good for a laugh but not to sure how a weak Suzuki crank might hold up.

To get the big bang all one would have to do is rotate the crank 1 revolution with one of the cam chains off then replace without moving the cams. Then you would have a big bang SV1000.

Of course Harleys and Buells are already like this but in a 60 degree (or is that 45) vee twin engine. If nothing else it would make an SV sound different.

Not sure if this is a troll? Well best you just move along then without commenting.

avgas
27th August 2008, 09:34
nah man all you need to do it 'tard the ignition. worked a treat on my gb. I used to have it so if the throttle was opened then closed the ignition would 'tard quite a few degrees (about 90) out and i had some awesome backfires.
Soon as throttle back on she was back to normal (with go gas allready in the motor).
Was all setup ex boy racers in Japan

imdying
27th August 2008, 09:53
The cranks on the SV1ks are up for a power upgrade (SV650s are another story though) without falling apart. However, the shock that you'd be subjecting it to isn't the style of shock it's designed to live with, so that would likely be the downfall as you imply.

Better ways to make power though, but then again, if crazy power is what you're after, you're on the wrong bike. Enjoy the ride :)