PDA

View Full Version : SMC Roadside Rescue...

Squiggles
27th August 2008, 20:21
The Trashmobiles gassed up, trailer prepped, tiedowns ready to break, hi vis vests packed, Cone loaded, and we're off!

Stay tuned to find out who we're saving tonight.... :rockon:

Slyer
27th August 2008, 20:23
Rob? My guess.

Slyer
27th August 2008, 21:50
Red repped... relax! It was a complete guess. I don't even know you so I couldn't mean anything by it.

*Edit* It wasn't rob that did it...

2wheeljunkie
27th August 2008, 21:51
:corn: :drinkup: :corn: :drinkup: :corn: :drinkup:

Squiggles
27th August 2008, 23:31
And we're back... another eventful rescue. More to come...

PirateJafa
27th August 2008, 23:35
... hopefully not in the post. :Police:

TOTO
27th August 2008, 23:36
You studying to be a soup opera director by any chance Stephen ...?

2wheeljunkie
28th August 2008, 00:42
And we're back... another eventful rescue. More to come...

ahhh who did u rescue??

PirateJafa
28th August 2008, 05:38
Now now people - it's called truckie-client privilege. Discretion is our watchword.

Until I've had a couple of beers, at which point I'll happily reveal the whole sordid tale. ;)

klyong82
28th August 2008, 10:13
Now now people - it's called truckie-client privilege. Discretion is our watchword.

Until I've had a couple of beers, at which point I'll happily reveal the whole sordid tale. ;)

cool what did you pick up this time?....by the way have you dismantled Andrew's VFR for our propective client yet?

bomma
28th August 2008, 10:34

to teh CHILLER!!!:Punk::laugh:

EJK
28th August 2008, 11:14
I didn't see you go out on a trailer (but I think you went out on your GN)

2wheeljunkie
28th August 2008, 11:39
to teh CHILLER!!!:Punk::laugh:

damn cant this fri..got test at 6.3o...they obviously wasnt thinkin abt it clashing wit the chiller when they made the time and day..bastards..

Phurrball
28th August 2008, 17:53
You should rescue me from my own incompetence.

Yesterday before riding to Wellsford with Nish, I managed to break the tail light of the Viffer while reversing it in CP36.

(Damned pillars and great yellow whaleness of Viffer and stickyout-ness of tail light - deadly when combined with lack of sleep and intrinsic incompetence)

Yes folks, I reversed into something on a vehicle without a reverse gear.:doh:

That is special, right up there with stalling an automatic car. Surely there is some sort of mechanical Darwin award for which I can get an honourable mention?

I dread to think what Mr Honda charges for such a large, shiny piece of plastic. (Should be some at a wreckers I hope - not likely to break in a write off.)

*And who the hell designs a single, massive tail light that sticks out BEYOND anything else at the end of the bike. That's asking for breakage. Notwithstanding my complete idiocy. :second: for grossly excessive size after the massive überlight at the arse of RF900s*

In the meantime, clear tape and red cellophane to the rescue to ensure legality.

Slyer
28th August 2008, 17:56
You have to die for it to be a darwin award. :D

bomma
28th August 2008, 18:04
You should rescue me from my own incompetence.

Yesterday before riding to Wellsford with Nish, I managed to break the tail light of the Viffer while reversing it in CP36.

(Damned pillars and great yellow whaleness of Viffer and stickyout-ness of tail light - deadly when combined with lack of sleep and intrinsic incompetence)

Yes folks, I reversed into something on a vehicle without a reverse gear.:doh:

That is special, right up there with stalling an automatic car. Surely there is some sort of mechanical Darwin award for which I can get an honourable mention?

I dread to think what Mr Honda charges for such a large, shiny piece of plastic. (Should be some at a wreckers I hope - not likely to break in a write off.)

*And who the hell designs a single, massive tail light that sticks out BEYOND anything else at the end of the bike. That's asking for breakage. Notwithstanding my complete idiocy. :second: for grossly excessive size after the massive überlight at the arse of RF900s*

In the meantime, clear tape and red cellophane to the rescue to ensure legality.

lol i didnt quite believe until i saw it!!! bit of a :doh: hehe onya ross:clap:

Phurrball
28th August 2008, 18:06
You have to die for it to be a darwin award. :D

Hence the talk of an honourable mention ;) Just like in the DAs - daft acts which are not fatal, but worthy of mention for there incomparable foolishness.

Real_Wolf
28th August 2008, 19:14
pssh, stalling an automatic car isn't hard.

Just depends on the car.

My gf's car stalls all the time when its cold, its a pain because theres no clutch so you can't just ride the revs

ital916
28th August 2008, 19:49
why did slyer get red repped, who broke down, whats with all the secrecy...jeez. :Police: who lost their license.......stephen finally had a shave...nish turned white...whats going on....WHAAAAAT!?

Slyer
28th August 2008, 19:55
I got red repped because jafa got a bit carried away while he had squiggles' laptop.

PirateJafa
28th August 2008, 20:39
I swear on the holy fucking Necrotelecomnicon that I never touched his laptop.

It's a Mac ffs.

2wheeljunkie
28th August 2008, 21:04

It's a Mac ffs.

thats what they all say...:innocent:

Jahdafario
29th August 2008, 02:51
*cheer*

:jerry:

Ragingrob
29th August 2008, 19:38
Wow this has been the most secretive secret in the smc ever. Even after people being questioned at the chilla, noone really knows the story :shutup:

BTW, filtering between traffic on the motorway on ramp is NOT a good place to start cutting out for no "apparent" reason and only JUST managed to steer clear of the lanes before dying... Jafa I've got you in my sights! You scoundrel!

Chrislost
29th August 2008, 23:09

It's a Mac ffs.

just like a honda, those that dont, wont know what their missing.

:bash:

PirateJafa
29th August 2008, 23:39
BTW, filtering between traffic on the motorway on ramp is NOT a good place to start cutting out for no "apparent" reason and only JUST managed to steer clear of the lanes before dying... Jafa I've got you in my sights! You scoundrel!

Dammit, there goes my plan for some easy Viffer parts.

Ragingrob
29th August 2008, 23:51
Dammit, there goes my plan for some easy Viffer parts.

Your plan almost worked, every fucken gap I was going to cut across lanes an angry cager started driving to block me! Kinda hard with one cylinder outta four to accelerate through any gap to safety. Not to mention where I cut out there was like half a metre of shoulder max! Gutted!

PirateJafa
29th August 2008, 23:55
Did better than me last time I ran out of gas on the motorway overpass over Newmarket - there's *no* shoulder there as I was trying to kickstart her after throwing her into reserve. :P

Of course Andrew'd already disappeared into the distance - he'd smelt beer so I knew he was gone.

Chrislost
30th August 2008, 01:35
why did you let it run out of gas!
bit silly innit?

bomma
30th August 2008, 09:33
why did you let it run out of gas!
bit silly innit?

scooter riders :pinch:

Slyer
30th August 2008, 10:26
Fuel tap ninjas...

Ragingrob
30th August 2008, 10:35
>_<

10char

shingo
30th August 2008, 22:34
Fuel tap ninjas...

I'm surprised Rob made it to the motorway, i barely got out of the carpark. Bastards.

Slyer
30th August 2008, 22:36
Some bikes can last for aages with the fuel tap off.

Ragingrob
30th August 2008, 22:41
Yep, did it get turned off before or after Skid rode it too? I made it halfway up the onramp haha, you shoulda heard the noise when the cylinders started cuttin out! Boom boom boom single thumper!

PirateJafa
30th August 2008, 23:36
Before - I was impressed to be honest.

Fucking time to pull the tow-truck out again - neither rain, hail, sleet nor snow etc!

Ragingrob
30th August 2008, 23:39
K so if I bail in my snowboard race next weekend will ya come tow me? Pleeeaaase, the thrashmobile can make it, easy!

PirateJafa
31st August 2008, 02:52
The Thrashmobile is keen, but I don't know how keen your wallet would be... ;)

Actually that'd be awesome - bald tyres on snow/ice ftw!

motorbyclist
31st August 2008, 03:15
ROFL

epic win for jafa

and for the huuuuge volume of petrol stored in the lines and bowls of the viffers:D always gives a good minute or two between one cylinder dropping on the motorway to finally stalling on a busy roundabout 50m from the gas station

motorbyclist
6th September 2008, 18:27
gotta love the WOW spam in a biker forum:laugh:

good work mods/system, but we still get the notification