PDA

View Full Version : Ride on the 30th

Jahdafario
29th August 2008, 02:25
Shit, i thought I'd see a post up about this already,

Dodgey Steve ?

Well, theres a big kb ride, but it might not be entirely safe without a parachute or airbags/puffy katmandoo vest

anyway. whos keen? meet at uni gym, then go meet up with the kb ride and decide if we wanna stay with them or not, depending on how crazy shit gets,

*thoughts/comments*

peace

bomma
29th August 2008, 12:36
bro im keen azzzzzzz!!! was wondering when stevo would stick something up but guess you beat him to it!!! i dont mind where we go or who we go with just keen to ride!! lets go for a long one down to whangamata n then down to waihi or something!!! i need to clock up bout 300kms so i can get to 6000kms and change oil and radiator fluid and all dat shit!!! :scooter: LETS DOOOOOOS IT!!!

2wheeljunkie
29th August 2008, 12:42
no chance of leaving at 2.30 is there???

bomma
29th August 2008, 12:44
no chance of leaving at 2.30 is there???

lol not for the waihi trip.....if we leave before midday should be able to make it back round 5 or so i'd say (including lunch stop and petrol stops etc.)

guess we could do a shorter trip.....

2wheeljunkie
29th August 2008, 12:47
lol not for the waihi trip.....if we leave before midday should be able to make it back round 5 or so i'd say (including lunch stop and petrol stops etc.)

guess we could do a shorter trip.....

dont cut the trip short for me bt if nt many go tomorrow which im sure alot will then ill meet up at 2.30 whever if u guys are close..i dunt mind riding till 7.

bomma
29th August 2008, 12:54
dont cut the trip short for me bt if nt many go tomorrow which im sure alot will then ill meet up at 2.30 whever if u guys are close..i dunt mind riding till 7.

close to who?? close to each other?? then sweet meet us at whangamata around 2.30 :laugh:

2wheeljunkie
29th August 2008, 13:06
close to who?? close to each other?? then sweet meet us at whangamata around 2.30 :laugh:

herrrrmmm..yeaaa...il juz fly down with the hornet..:)..what i meant was tht if the ride becomes a shorter one for no apparent reason then maybe another leg can begin at 2.30..im juz wishing here..

TOTO
29th August 2008, 13:25
have you got a link for that "big KB ride" you speak of ???

2wheeljunkie
29th August 2008, 14:27

yeaa where is that link dan?

bomma
29th August 2008, 16:24

yea dan, where is this magical ride you mention?? oh man it just started raining around my place!! dont think ill be makin the chiller today and hope to god the weather is mint tomorrow!!!!:(

racefactory
29th August 2008, 17:12
Damn it! Wish i had my viffer ready as i'd love to come!

Ragingrob
29th August 2008, 19:40
Sup guys if you're coming south (coro or raglan) then I could be very keen on a pearler of a day. Can't be fucked riding 50mins just to get to a meeting point for a ride north or west lol.

bomma
29th August 2008, 19:47
Sup guys if you're coming south (coro or raglan) then I could be very keen on a pearler of a day. Can't be fucked riding 50mins just to get to a meeting point for a ride north or west lol.

sweet bud, ive had a look at the weather forecast for tomorro and it should be clear azz south and to the east so that's where id like to head if all are keen, hows about i give you a text before we head off from uni and we can all meet up at the autobahn?? my mob number is 021 119 5747. either post up your number, pm it to me or just send me a text with your name :done:

Ragingrob
29th August 2008, 20:07
sweet bud, ive had a look at the weather forecast for tomorro and it should be clear azz south and to the east so that's where id like to head if all are keen, hows about i give you a text before we head off from uni and we can all meet up at the autobahn?? my mob number is 021 119 5747. either post up your number, pm it to me or just send me a text with your name :done:

Sounds good bro. 021 152 3159 is my number. Do you know a general time that you're thinking of leaving? Is this involving the kb ride or just your own ride now?

Prob get left behind on the little viffer but meh I'm just gonna be cruising enjoying the weather before I head down to the slopes for a week.

bomma
29th August 2008, 20:15
Sounds good bro. 021 152 3159 is my number. Do you know a general time that you're thinking of leaving? Is this involving the kb ride or just your own ride now?

Prob get left behind on the little viffer but meh I'm just gonna be cruising enjoying the weather before I head down to the slopes for a week.

cant find the kb ride dats on tomorro so ill be waiting at uni with dan and who ever else rocks up and we'll head.....ill text dan now and see what he wants to do

Jahdafario
29th August 2008, 23:55

just got home after tearing up the motorway

The magical KB ride was meant to be somewhere, I think it was a bloody big rumour now :( , not pointing at who told me *ahem* kyle *ahem*
so, well, looks like there isn't one, so perhaps, a Uni guys 1, and whoever else is keen,

Uni Gym, say 10.45ish, earlier = better, leave on dot of 11.05, ;)

I'm keen for Nish's idea, the whangamata thing sounds good to me, or alternatively, we could head down ngaruawahia then to raglan, the roads to raglan are pretty sweet, check out the cliff top then head back, only a short 2 hrs in a car so what, 45 mins flying on 2's . ..

:P, wtf is up with old shitty cefiro's wanting to race, damn they are pigs

Ragingrob
29th August 2008, 23:59
Sweet Nish is gonna gimme a text tomorrow confirming things and I'll let ya know if I'll tag along

Jahdafario
29th August 2008, 23:59
then we can come back, get the other boys that coulnd't make it early, and if nish hasnt got his 600 kms, we can convoy round city/shore motorways and play ring a rosie around the 4 wheeled road cones..>?==?=>

thoughts

ps. my mates vfir 8hundy is comin, 200 kms on the clock with a bright red cherry to pop an bleed :P

bomma
30th August 2008, 01:20
sweeet azz boys ill be at uni at 10.30 and hopefully all those that can make it will be there by 10.45, but will wait till 11 if we have to. should be at autobahn by 11.20ish to refuel and decide on route and shit so should be a great days riding!! see you boys in the morning :niceone: oh and someone bring a camera!!!

BANZAI
30th August 2008, 01:43
Uni gonna have open day tomorrow so Princess St gonna get closed.

There will be lots of College students crossing Symonds st so watch out guys! I'll be working at the glass box by engineering building so make sure you all do group wheelies before you guys leave symonds st eh!! :D

bomma
30th August 2008, 09:29
the weather is cloudy but hopefully it doesnt rain....should be sweet azz once we leave greater aucks.....see you fullas outside gym

Jahdafario
30th August 2008, 09:42
yup, no rain, sweet

Jahdafario
30th August 2008, 18:03
k so there was rain in town, big woop,

no rain south, little bit of mist to make things interesting, i left my camera at home :(

408.2km care of suzuki for the whole trip from first fuel, cheers guys it was fuckn epic and i think my skills have gone up
+1 drafting
+1 agi
+1 strength
+3 fearless
+2 mana
+2 mossy road handling
+600 exp.
+10 magic guardian angel on some of the corners,
7 of us,
no crashes/near misses or deaths,
except 1 large chunk of stone lifted up by a crappy forester cage and hiffed at the brand new vfr800 leaving a nasty chip in the paint, sorry hamish, shit happens,
2 gsxr600's
an r6
900 hornet
gsr600
vfr800
and robs vfirrr,
nice rob for keeping up :) or at least trying, well done all, see you next week
peace

Ragingrob
30th August 2008, 18:49
Haha cheers for the ride Dan. Yeah you guys have a few more ponies than me and every straight I was a goner, plus I didn't really wanna talk to the blue boys. Pity I was never close enough to ride with you guys on the twisties though!

God those roads are pretty sweet right now. Kopu hill all road works are done leaving a mint piece of tarseal.

Got back around 6 after having a few beers with the old man and some locals at the sports club :2thumbsup

Glad I came along, first ever ride at a big boys pace :niceone:

Cheers Nish for hanging it out wit me.

HungusMaximist
30th August 2008, 20:52
Sounds you guys had a good time. I had to get my tyres and brakes sorted in the morning.

Manged to grab Ross's old VFR tyre out of Steve's garage and got it chucked on in Cycletreads. Then did all my brake pads as I just discovered today my rear pads were down to it's bones and was scouring into the rotor!

Then went for a quick cruise in the arvo to Kawakawa Bay with Metal Facility who recently got himself an 08 fireblade. Attempted to but couldn't really keep up with it's technologically advanced blade (which has a fancy slipper clutch and traction control)

klyong82
31st August 2008, 10:31
Sounds you guys had a good time. I had to get my tyres and brakes sorted in the morning.

Manged to grab Ross's old VFR tyre out of Steve's garage and got it chucked on in Cycletreads. Then did all my brake pads as I just discovered today my rear pads were down to it's bones and was scouring into the rotor!

Then went for a quick cruise in the arvo to Kawakawa Bay with Metal Facility who recently got himself an 08 fireblade. Attempted to but couldn't really keep up with it's technologically advanced blade (which has a fancy slipper clutch and traction control)

Haha I don't seem to remember you ever been able to keep up with my 929....admit it you ride slow...:done:

Jahdafario
31st August 2008, 12:36

bugger you missed it bro,
i think you theoretically should be able to keep up with a blade, you've got a 929? those things are mildly slower than an r1 right?

klyong82
31st August 2008, 16:11
blade, you've got a 929? those things are mildly slower than an r1 right?

The 929 will perform just as a good as an R1 , even when the 929 is 69cc less than the 998cc R1...if you wanna compare the R1 then you need a CBR1000RR5.....bet you gonna be impress with the Honda.... :bleh:

2wheeljunkie
31st August 2008, 21:48
sounds like u boys had a mint time...im soo jealous..!!..bt am looking forward to wed riding..!

Jahdafario
31st August 2008, 22:42
dam, 929 must be quick man,
i had a jam on ehabs gsxr today, shit that position is wayyyyy not my cup o tea, i felt like i was gonna fall over the front of the handlebars, i was basically doing a break dance stall on my hands - no weight on my ass or feet, wasn't the best feeling, i bet it looked cool tho, racer hard
yeah bro, ride was meeean as, lets meet up on wed and cruise into meet point 2gether, peace

bomma
1st September 2008, 07:37
i felt like i was gonna fall over the front of the handlebars, i was basically doing a break dance stall on my hands - no weight on my ass or feet, wasn't the best feeling,

lol that's funny coz after this ride my wrists hurt so frekaing bad!! never hurt that way in all the time i rode the 7r EVER!!! not even after the bin!!! ive always found it weird when ppl complained about their wrists hurting while riding a sports bike but never understood it.....now i do :crybaby:

Jahdafario
2nd September 2008, 22:07
lol that's funny coz after this ride my wrists hurt so frekaing bad!! never hurt that way in all the time i rode the 7r EVER!!! not even after the bin!!! ive always found it weird when ppl complained about their wrists hurting while riding a sports bike but never understood it.....now i do :crybaby:

yay, totally aye,
guess its just what your used to, and you may not know any different at the time :chase:

bomma
2nd September 2008, 22:13
yay, totally aye,
guess its just what your used to, and you may not know any different at the time :chase:

hey bro im keen for some magneto rides aye, the weather's been B-E-A-UUUUtiful lately and it sux being stuck inside.....dont have enuff time to go for a ride but need to enjoy the weather!!! Solution??? MAGNETO RIDE!!! Head down to mish bay maybe for a beer?? Im pretty much free most days so gimme a buzz if your keen cuz...we'll get some of the other boys together too and make it like the mid week chiller :2thumbsup :beer:

p.s. im not an alcoholic :shifty: