PDA

View Full Version : CB1000R - ugly or oooogly?

Jahdafario
29th August 2008, 02:47
Im gonna go with my mate to haldanes for a test thrash on the demo, came in nz on wednesday, hes buyin it, nice upgrade from gsr600 i think

what u peeps think? some say its ugly, i reckon its sweet,

i think it visually says, wot up cops, try catch me now,

each to their own

Drum
29th August 2008, 05:02
mmm. Not really my kind of thing, but as you say each to their own.

motorbyclist
29th August 2008, 06:08
that middle red one looks mean as

yellow one needs to ditch the cover over the pipes... and rider needs to lose some weight and let the rear perk back up:laugh:

definitely cooler than a stock hornet:dodge:

Bren
29th August 2008, 06:27
another factory streetfighter? bugger!

James Deuce
29th August 2008, 06:47
It's gorgeous. The middle one is one you get to build yourself with parts and accessories from the factory in Italy. Works out around $30k though.

Your riding is what the cops care about, not the bike apart from the obvious Rego and WoF compliance.

The dash is a work of art and the whole bike smacks of "quality", something lacking from a couple of Honda's competitors.

Drogen Omen
29th August 2008, 06:49
Looks like a cross between an Apache Helicoptor and KTM 690 Duke...

Red tipped exhausts makes it look like its got a bad case of hemaroids... hahahaha

Coolest part on the bike has to be the red chain...

Sorry no sale here... im gona stick with saving up for a Triumph Street Triple.

fatzx10r
29th August 2008, 07:24
look's a little fugly, but it also look's like a bit of a bad arse :devil2:

HungusMaximist
29th August 2008, 08:13
It's pretty bad arse and agressive looking in my books, which is a good thing.

Loving the red coloured drive chain!

2wheeljunkie
29th August 2008, 08:18
definitely cooler than a stock hornet:dodge:

hermmm i wander if i shud bash u the next time i see u??..on another note..i think it looks farrrkinnn cool...:rockon:

p.s: mint idea on the single sided swing arm..

marioc
29th August 2008, 08:19
I like very much :scooter:

avgas
29th August 2008, 08:29
The first photos i saw in the press were of the italian job (2nd and last photos) and i was like FUCK YES.
But then i saw how many euros it was gonna cost and saw the standard bike i was like FUCK THAT - I"D BUY A HARRIS FOR THAT MONEY!
so yes - std CB1000R is ugly.

nodrog
29th August 2008, 08:31
is that like a car wheel on the back with 4 seperate nuts?

racefactory
29th August 2008, 10:03
I think it's a little fugly as well, but it's more the fact that it looks like it's saying fuck off to the pigs, which is worrying I think.

Scouse
29th August 2008, 10:11
Im gonna go with my mate to haldanes for a test thrash on the demo, came in nz on wednesday, hes buyin it, nice upgrade from gsr600 i think

what u peeps think? some say its ugly, i reckon its sweet,

i think it visually says, wot up cops, try catch me now,

each to their ownwhen did Haldanes become a Honda dealer?

nallac
29th August 2008, 10:14
it looks bloody sexy excepting the muffler.

Magua
29th August 2008, 10:16
Get out the fly spray and kill it.

Scouse
29th August 2008, 10:25
looks like they crossed a Z1000 with a Speed Triple and ended up with a pig

The Stranger
29th August 2008, 10:38
I like it, the exhaust can be fixed.
Any idea on cost?
Are specs available?

I might even turn gay again for that.

James Deuce
29th August 2008, 10:41
$18,995. Available now.

2wheeljunkie
29th August 2008, 10:45
Get out the fly spray and kill it.

really??..wow i really like it eh..oh well individual taste i suppose..i like the exhaust on the custom one..agreed on the red ends looking like haemorroids bt without them it wud look mean..all i know is that it has the 2007 blade engine in it..(detuned ofcourse)

BANZAI
29th August 2008, 10:55
It's good looking but it's a Honda :laugh:

Somehow the headlight reminds me of metroid.

The red one should be named Samus hehehehe

The Stranger
29th August 2008, 11:22
$18,995. Available now.

For that money looks/style alone wouldn't cut it, I would want a performance gain over the Fazer thanks.

klyong82
29th August 2008, 11:38
Don't Haldane sell Suzpoopoouki's? But I must say the CB1000R looks super hot to me....just the price isn't what I would pay though...have fun..

bikerboy011
29th August 2008, 11:39
I reckon its nice and it looks cool in red.

2wheeljunkie
29th August 2008, 11:57
For that money looks/style alone wouldn't cut it, I would want a performance gain over the Fazer thanks.

price is alittle harsh i guess..

Blackbird
29th August 2008, 12:03
If I was to sell the Blackbird right now, it's the only bike currently on the market that "does it for me" at an emotional level. I LOVE it!:love::love::love:

slofox
29th August 2008, 12:06
Fuggily Suckin' Ister if you ask me.......

TOTO
29th August 2008, 12:18
It looks very good INMO.

Whats the price tho ?

jrandom
29th August 2008, 12:24
It's gorgeous. The middle one is one you get to build yourself with parts and accessories from the factory in Italy. Works out around $30k though.

It really needs some milled brake and clutch reservoirs to finish the front end off.

I'd definitely have one.

The apparent nature of the pillion accommodation makes it a "once she's got her own proper bike" bike, though.

Jerry74
29th August 2008, 12:49
Nah not my cup of tea.....

bomma
29th August 2008, 12:56
looks like a cbr1000rr took a shit and this popped out....:crazy:

2wheeljunkie
29th August 2008, 13:04

if the cbr u speak off is the 2008 then its no diff if u think the cb is crap..the 2008 cbr1000rr is hideous beyond hideous in my opinion..bring back the 2007 look..

klyong82
29th August 2008, 14:29

Just like the CBR919RR took a shit and you are riding one now....

avgas
29th August 2008, 14:49
is that like a car wheel on the back with 4 seperate nuts?
yep - audi's finest.....or i may be getting that confused with another fighter i saw not so long ago

bomma
29th August 2008, 15:51
Just like the CBR919RR took a shit and you are riding one now....

:mad:thems fightin words:girlfight:

Gremlin
29th August 2008, 18:13
Its out now?!?! :angry:

Botany Honda told me September/October just a couple of weeks ago...

I'm chasing them up on this then, coz this bike is on the short list... must know what its like riding wise, I reckon it has the looks (besides the pipe... but thats normally the case)

Timati
29th August 2008, 19:01
Any reason why you are going for the CBR1000RR? Doesn't look that mean and apparently didn't perform that well against the R1 on a dyno...

Gremlin
29th August 2008, 19:11
Any reason why you are going for the CBR1000RR? Doesn't look that mean and apparently didn't perform that well against the R1 on a dyno...
If you read VERY carefully... its the CB1000R.... very different to the CBR1000RR (it has more R's, and is definitely ugly)

carver
29th August 2008, 19:20
its definatly cool....
it would grow on you, just like the price!

Timati
29th August 2008, 19:28
If you read VERY carefully... its the CB1000R.... very different to the CBR1000RR (it has more R's, and is definitely ugly)

That makes sense.

Reckless
29th August 2008, 19:46
Design something average and you'll get, Oh its OK.
Take a risk and design something a bit more adventurous and people either love it or hate it! Same reaction here! I'd like to see one in the flesh.
Good on them for taking a risk, its not generally like Honda, but I congratulate them for trying. I like it and I don't generally like naked bikes. Looks a shit load better than the buell 1125 in the other thread!

Got a good write up too http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=6353. Even mentions the Fazer comparison someone stated earlier.

Jahdafario
30th August 2008, 00:05
when did Haldanes become a Honda dealer?

yeah nah, im thinking of the gsr,

it aint haldanes :) good spotting, i meant botany honda, lol

Jahdafario
30th August 2008, 00:06
$18,995. Available now.

or $18000 cash, ride away

Jahdafario
30th August 2008, 00:08
It's good looking but it's a Honda :laugh:

Somehow the headlight reminds me of metroid.

The red one should be named Samus hehehehe

lol samus arans bike hard :headbang:

Jahdafario
30th August 2008, 00:09
Don't Haldane sell Suzpoopoouki's? But I must say the CB1000R looks super hot to me....just the price isn't what I would pay though...have fun..

awww hater, suzys r all gd,

p.s., come on the ride 2moro bro, peace

Jahdafario
30th August 2008, 00:28
Design something average and you'll get, Oh its OK.
Take a risk and design something a bit more adventurous and people either love it or hate it! Same reaction here! I'd like to see one in the flesh.
Good on them for taking a risk, its not generally like Honda, but I congratulate them for trying. I like it and I don't generally like naked bikes. Looks a shit load better than the buell 1125 in the other thread!

Got a good write up too http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=6353. Even mentions the Fazer comparison someone stated earlier.

agree, agree,
most people who aren't too stereofixed on their beloved god sent manufacturer would see this bike in the flesh and give it a thumbs up, specially if a mate bought it,
i would love this shit,

**maybe a zx.. kwaka, a giant used tampon and an alien & a predator collided at full speed, and the shear freak force exploded and melded into the red one.. ? :chase:

slowpoke
30th August 2008, 09:17

Your riding is what the cops care about, not the bike apart from the obvious Rego and WoF compliance.

The dash is a work of art and the whole bike smacks of "quality", something lacking from a couple of Honda's competitors.

Yup, gotta agree with Jim on this one. Just when you think the manufacturers are running out of ideas and/or balls they come up with something like this. If I was in the market for a bike I'd be seriously thinking about one of these. Well done Mr Honda.

Grumpy
30th August 2008, 09:30
Looks like a trip to Auckland is in order. I was told yesterday that the local dealer here isn't expecting their's to arrive until end of September. If this shapes up as good as the write ups I've read then this could be what I've been looking for to replace my Z.

Jahdafario
30th August 2008, 18:10
didnt make it to the honda dealership, roads in aucks were lookin prrreety ratshit, made it to coro tho, will let yall know how the test goes soon, watch the space,
peace

motorbyclist
30th August 2008, 21:09

who cares what the dyno says?

imo:
the 'feel'
the handling
the look
THEN the dyno

TOTO
30th August 2008, 22:26
well yea , it aint a cbr, cant compare it with the R1.

You can compare it with the FZ1 which is the yamaha equivivalent of the CB1000r

TerminalAddict
31st August 2008, 01:25
The new Hamilton dealer is expecting a demo in 3 weeks ..
And I'll be one of the first he rings I hope

Bikernereid
31st August 2008, 05:39
It is the of the most ugly pieces of machinery I have ever seen IMHO

NZsarge
31st August 2008, 05:51
each to their own

Indeed.
I think it's ok but the things that bug me are the squigles radiator shroud, the rear wheel design and the can, the rest of it ai'nt too bad.
Need a semi-faired model to run along side it too.

bomma
31st August 2008, 13:57
Need a semi-faired model to run along side it too.

+10029383 :clap:

mark247
31st August 2008, 15:17
thats fucking cool as! other than the exhaust... I like the header pipes tho..

Jahdafario
2nd September 2008, 22:30
bahh, botany honda doesnt have the fuckn bike til at least end october, ffs, leave a nigga in suspense

The Stranger
3rd September 2008, 00:34

Somewhat accurate on the Fazer.
They are crippled in the first 2 gears, thus power wheelies are somewhat more difficult. The top 2 gears were made taller as a nod to the touring side of the bike making top gear roll ons a little slow.
As stated the Fazer engine lacks low down torque (under 7k standard), however fortunately it comes equipped with a gearbox which I have found to remedy this situation nicely.

Gremlin
3rd September 2008, 02:37
bahh, botany honda doesnt have the fuckn bike til at least end october, ffs, leave a nigga in suspense
yeh... go and get me all jumpy that it was already here... :2guns:

september/october some time... nothing exact yet.

CB ARGH
3rd September 2008, 07:41
Very nice, but I'd never own one, even if I won lotto. :mellow:

The Stranger
3rd September 2008, 08:17
Very nice, but I'd never own one, even if I won lotto. :mellow:

Why not?
You sound confused, you'd make an ideal Honda owner.

Richard Mc F
5th September 2008, 22:41

Let me tell what it rides like first:soon::chase:

Gremlin
6th September 2008, 00:53
Let me tell what it rides like first:soon::chase:
I better be on that demo ride list aye?

While you're telling everyone... I'll be RIDING it :Punk: