PDA

View Full Version : Piston rings?

monkeymsea
30th August 2008, 11:58
hey guys

now i have a 1989 Zxr250A which I have a spare engine sitting in the garage. I want to recondition that engine..

I have got all the prices from Kawasaki for all the gaskets and bearings but they do not make the rings for the bike anymore.. (not even over sized)

I have also rung "Johnson Piston Rings" but they can't make one for my bike either..

anyone know of where I could get my hands on some rings?

Any help would be much appreciated
Julius

racefactory
1st September 2008, 20:37
sorry can't help you.

Just wondering though- wouldn't it be farkin expensive doing that to that motor? What about getting a new motor? for those bikes' engines they are littering the place!

Conquiztador
1st September 2008, 22:37
I used them on my speedway bikes and I found the following:

- Best compression in the pits!
- At end of season my engine was like new inside.
- Compression only got better as they wore in.
- They make them for any piston.

Note: I had to have the groove machined slightly to fit the rings. But a small cost for the performance!

Good luck.

pete376403
2nd September 2008, 18:04
Yes, yes, YES!! (But who?)

Conquiztador
2nd September 2008, 18:15
I try again:

http://www.totalseal.com

There. Better when sober. ;)

monkeymsea
7th September 2008, 13:08
the egine in my garage has done 30k.. the engine in the bike has done 70 + would it even be worth doing up the 30k engine?? or should i sell it to SKID?? lol

skidMark
7th September 2008, 17:21
the egine in my garage has done 30k.. the engine in the bike has done 70 + would it even be worth doing up the 30k engine?? or should i sell it to SKID?? lol

I think you should sell it to skid... :2thumbsup

rz35
6th October 2008, 18:13
I used Honda CBR250R rings, they fit the postons but need adjusting to fit the bore,
Does anyone know the head torque for these machines. Thanks rz35