PDA

View Full Version : Waitakere or Kaiauia Loop this FRIDAY (5 September)

motorbyclist
2nd September 2008, 02:28
so i've got a new toy, the weather looks bearable (http://www.metservice.co.nz/default/index.php?alias=rainfcst_3daynz), i should have insurance by then, and i've got a ton of uni work to do

so hopefully i'll be set for a blat by FRIDAY.... but can't promise i'll be able.

cbf doing a coro loop

keen?

meeting 11am sometime outside uni

doubt i'll even be there

we'll end at VULCAN LANE for the chiller

xwhatsit
2nd September 2008, 03:14
There was an article in the paper about Kawakawa Rd or something being closed because the hillside is falling down (all the storms and rain). Who's been down there recently? What's going on? Still OK to ride?

PirateJafa
2nd September 2008, 07:09
Thursday?

Why not Friday? :(

HungusMaximist
2nd September 2008, 09:45
There was an article in the paper about Kawakawa Rd or something being closed because the hillside is falling down (all the storms and rain). Who's been down there recently? What's going on? Still OK to ride?

Hey bro, was down there on Saturday and it was closed off couple k's before Kawakawa bay central. Yep, due to the extent of the landslide the local bro told me it could be possibly a few weeks before it's going to be opened.

Everybody is walking couple k's and parking their cars just by the road block barriers.

Btw Andrew, you wanna post up a few photos of your new Honda? :Punk:

bomma
2nd September 2008, 10:00
blah blah blah
cbf doing a coro loop

keen?

what about a half coro?? kopu to whangamata, then waihi and back up through some more twisties?? im sure the new honda will love you for it:Punk:

motorbyclist
2nd September 2008, 11:20
ideally a half day local loop would be good, but if i'm ahead of my work i could spare a day i guess

and could move it to friday too if weather permits

motorbyclist
2nd September 2008, 11:47
Btw Andrew, you wanna post up a few photos of your new Honda? :Punk:

the only concievable "upgrade" for me and it's got less power:laugh:

better handling but a drop from 59 to 53 horse - but it's all carburation so an nc30 carb will knock it back up to 59... or an injector kit as my 4th year project;)

she's got a few small cracks but otherwise everything is where it should be:D

w00t, my NC30 paddock stand fits the NC35

and that muffler is bolt on, which means bolt off and on with a new one:D

gentlemen, meet the Riffer

bomma
2nd September 2008, 11:50
sexy, sure you wouldnt be willing to commit to a half coro on a beautiful day with a new machine to get your kicks out of?? :shifty:

PirateJafa
2nd September 2008, 11:50
Don't like the stock muffler?

Or do you just want something more offensive?

PirateJafa
2nd September 2008, 11:51
sexy, sure you wouldnt be willing to commit to a half coro on a beautiful day with a new machine to get your kicks out of?? :shifty:

Now now, we don't want to see a shiny new beastie like this wrapped around a power pole! ;)

Please don't beat me!

bomma
2nd September 2008, 11:52
Now now, we don't want to see a shiny new beastie like this wrapped around a power pole! ;)

lol ooooooh think that was below the belt:devil2:

motorbyclist
2nd September 2008, 11:59
Don't like the stock muffler?

Or do you just want something more offensive?

well it's bolted on so i don't think it's stock anyway... although it is reasonably quiet

but then again, this way i have colour choice (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=173815710):laugh:

(gotta get her back up to 59 ponies somehow!)

TOTO
2nd September 2008, 12:05
nice bike Andrew.

free whole day on thursday.

Time and place ?

EDIT: I'm keen for coro

shingo
2nd September 2008, 12:20
I'm keen for waitak loop as i did the coro on sunday and really dont fancy the long trips on the motorway again.

klyong82
2nd September 2008, 12:21
Nice bike bro...and I think you need a big lock to secure it to a pole since we all know it is a well sort after bike....that pipe is stock....get an after market one... nice choice..

Swoop
2nd September 2008, 12:31
Nice RVF!

Any word on your old bike?

motorbyclist
2nd September 2008, 12:39
insurance still waiting for police report

i'm going to gcall them after lunch to see if i'm still covered for my replacement bike. it's a bit of a grey area seeing as the claim hasn't been approved/declined yet and no-one has the bike!

Squiggles
2nd September 2008, 12:55
Im pootling north thursday night / friday morning :)

Real_Wolf
2nd September 2008, 13:28
Keen to go, just to check out your new bike.... maybe the "replacement strata" this friday I might wait for instead though

HungusMaximist
2nd September 2008, 15:24
Very nice ride Andrew(thought the rumour was you got a cbr600?), like Kim said, get some big fuck off locks on that thing.

Be real interested in seeing that thing in the flesh.

motorbyclist
2nd September 2008, 15:30
gah it might have to stay at home this week.

honda sure is the only group that will insure me with a sub-$1000 excess, but as yet i'm not even under provisional cover!

hopefully i'll atleast have the "14 days while we sort out paperwork" by friday

in the meantime i suppose i'd better find a big fuckoff chain and a roll of bubblewrap

2wheeljunkie
2nd September 2008, 16:07
awesome bike andrew..looks better in person as well..hope yer enjoying it..im down for the ride..!!!!

motorbyclist
2nd September 2008, 16:35
Hi Andrew

Have attached the necessary insurance forms. Download the direct debit one and the insurance proposal. Print them off and fax back to ********. Once we have both of those, we will cover you. Remember to disclose everything.

I will put the membership forms and a magazine in the mail to you this afternoon. Regards

sweet!

19 year old full licenced with a few tickets on a '95 rfv400, $6000 full comprehensive cover:
$327 per year
$550 excess

they'll come pick me up if i go down
still covered after a beer provided i'm still legal to ride
$50 membership with the honda riders club gets me the equivalent to an AA membership (free tow, emergency petrol etc etc)

go HRC!

HungusMaximist
2nd September 2008, 16:58
So, which insurance company you're with Andrew?

Phurrball
2nd September 2008, 17:10
So, which insurance company you're with Andrew?

^^^ That would be Honda Riders' club insurance - through Golightly brokers underwritten by Vero.

They do sweet deals - The cynic in me almost thinks it is in some way subsidised by Honda just to keep people on Hondas (Though there's other reasons for staying on a Honda eh ;))

HungusMaximist
2nd September 2008, 17:50
^^^ That would be Honda Riders' club insurance - through Golightly brokers underwritten by Vero.

They do sweet deals - The cynic in me almost thinks it is in some way subsidised by Honda just to keep people on Hondas (Though there's other reasons for staying on a Honda eh ;))

Sounds pretty sweet, hence the name is it exclusive to Honda riders only?

Phurrball
2nd September 2008, 18:09
Sounds pretty sweet, hence the name is it exclusive to Honda riders only?

As far as I know it is limited to Honda riders.

BANZAI
2nd September 2008, 18:16
Thursday free after 11am but then if you guys are going earlier can change my schedule.

Friday free after 2pm, we should do some riding instead of chiller!!

I wanna see your bike! :woohoo:

Got your phone fixed?

motorbyclist
2nd September 2008, 19:01
gotten to the point now where i can either go vodafone to appease the masses, or go telecom to get the phone i want, check that bloody voicemail message and spend a flat $10 per month plus calls without worrying about credit to txt all the 027 mobiles out there (and i see telstraclear is entering the market too!)

motorbyclist
2nd September 2008, 19:02
chiller is on rain or ride...

11am start fairly likely

Jahdafario
2nd September 2008, 22:21
love to bro, but working all day thursday, saturday im keen for coro/ kaiaua, coro pref. :)
coro not that long now that u got your new peow peow :first:

Jahdafario
2nd September 2008, 22:24
sweet!

19 year old full licenced with a few tickets on a '95 rfv400, $6000 full comprehensive cover:
$327 per year
$550 excess

they'll come pick me up if i go down
still covered after a beer provided i'm still legal to ride
$50 membership with the honda riders club gets me the equivalent to an AA membership (free tow, emergency petrol etc etc)

go HRC!

another reason for my urge to switch to the cb1000r :s

motorbyclist
2nd September 2008, 23:01
ok, ride this friday, finish at shadows for chiller around 4pm....

now to plan a route that won't include 2 hours on the motorway....

motorbyclist
2nd September 2008, 23:26
see first post for a good looking map.

if we leave uni at 11 we should be back by four

shingo
2nd September 2008, 23:41
see first post for a good looking map.

if we leave uni at 11 we should be back by four

There's a distinct lack of mappage in the first post.

EDIT: guess i was to quick.

TOTO
2nd September 2008, 23:46
that ride too short :Pokey:

u need proper ride man to brake in the new beast.

motorbyclist
2nd September 2008, 23:52
lol sorry guys, started writing an email and forgot about the not-submitted post edit

i need to do work, and the front needs scrubbing in....

5 hours ride right there!

ital916
3rd September 2008, 08:09
a lot of the roads are shit in condition.

ital916
3rd September 2008, 08:18
a better ride will be out to wellsford, then leigh, then pakiri, down to omaha, back to warkworth, then woodcocks then to shell westgate, then albany, northshore ending in uni. I vote we do that.

Phurrball
3rd September 2008, 12:08
ok, ride this friday, finish at shadows for chiller around 4pm....

now to plan a route that won't include 2 hours on the motorway....

Bastards the lot of ya!

I'll be at work on Friday as per.

If it's shadoze for the chiller (or somewhere better) I'll see y'all there after my working slog

motorbyclist
3rd September 2008, 12:09
haven't been out to leigh in a while!

last time idid that was on my gsxr250, at night, at speed, and came over a crest to have a big "35" come out of the road 30m infront of me. bloody near ended up in the ocean!

when did ya last his south head road? i was told it got resealed a few months back

Timati
3rd September 2008, 17:49
Can't ride this Thursday/Saturday but would be keen for a ride on Sunday.

ital916
3rd September 2008, 19:25
haven't been out to leigh in a while!

last time idid that was on my gsxr250, at night, at speed, and came over a crest to have a big "35" come out of the road 30m infront of me. bloody near ended up in the ocean!

when did ya last his south head road? i was told it got resealed a few months back

I went south not long ago, road are good in places and bad in others, did scenic drive on a random note a day ago, that be a bad road to ride, dodged many a fallen tree branch on my way through, along with uneven lanes, crack, potholes and wandering animals haha.

motorbyclist
3rd September 2008, 22:26
you even looked at the map man?

headed north!

ital916
4th September 2008, 07:44
you even looked at the map man?

Headed north!

yes! But you asked if i had headed south i was answering your fucking question you sweatyballsack. WHoops I msread your post, i though you asked when I last headed south. I was thinking wtf haha. My bad.

motorbyclist
4th September 2008, 12:49
chiller currently going to be 4pm at Vulcan Lane, with a ride the same day ending there.

Phurrball
4th September 2008, 14:44
^^^ All the closer to my work - Hurrah!

Enjoy the ride (You supreme bastards you...)

HungusMaximist
4th September 2008, 14:57
Is this thing happening today or tomorrow? ? ?

motorbyclist
4th September 2008, 17:48
friday

dunno why the title didn't change

and i probably can't come

grrrrrr

motorbyclist
5th September 2008, 00:32
see main post

PirateJafa
5th September 2008, 00:40
So 11AM tomorrow. But where?

motorbyclist
5th September 2008, 00:55
said the gym didn't i?

motorbyclist
5th September 2008, 00:56
the map says symonds st... meet outside the gym

normal place

PirateJafa
5th September 2008, 00:57
See y'all thar at 11 then. :)

2wheeljunkie
5th September 2008, 11:13
is this ride still happening..hope the weather changes for u guys..

Jahdafario
5th September 2008, 12:10
sorry the weather sux balls for you guys, man i fuckn hate our weather patterns

2wheeljunkie
5th September 2008, 12:25
hardout..bt this juz means more can come on sat then ehh... ;)