PDA

View Full Version : Half coro loop at 9 am today 7/9/08

HungusMaximist
7th September 2008, 08:17
Yep, missed out with the boys yesterday that cruised down to coro since so to celebrate, me and Timati are cruising down to do the half loop and getting back by 3 because we got work to do.

We're meeting a 9:15 am at the BP AUTOBAHN down south.

It's early so, if you wanna join us meet us there.

My cell is 02102577066

DMNTD
7th September 2008, 08:31
Have a good ride but be prepared for falling moisture from above

PirateJafa
7th September 2008, 09:18
Hrmmm woke up a tad too late for this one.

Real_Wolf
7th September 2008, 13:03
yeah, same

bomma
7th September 2008, 15:47
still sore from yesterday's ride and the late night, hope you guys had a minter too :2thumbsup

Timati
7th September 2008, 16:50
Turned out to be a good day. So good that we ended up doing the entire coro. Awesome ride. Wicked twists. All in all, great day to be out and about.

motorbyclist
7th September 2008, 17:57
stupid uni

HungusMaximist
7th September 2008, 18:07
Yea it was a really good ride mate, the pace was real good!

We started off going the coastal route through Thames then to Coromandel township. We had a good real good corner rhythm going there and then it got really windy on our way to Whitianga. Then got a bit of spitting showers and moisture from Tairua onwards back to Kopu.

Had a stop over at Long bay recreation reserve and took some a photo.

Cheer, cheer Timati, good times.

Blackbird
8th September 2008, 09:32

Hahahaha - on your journey to Long Bay, you didn't happen to follow another bike over the causeway on Long Bay road, did you? If so, it was me! I'd just been over the Coro Hill and back to warm the bike up prior to an oil change and saw 2 bikes about 100 metres behind me before I turned off to our house.

Also saw an Aprilia 250 parked up in Coro on my way out to the Hill and a naked big 'prilia in the BP on the way back. Was either of those yours Timati?

Timati
8th September 2008, 09:49
Yea it was a really good ride mate, the pace was real good!

We started off going the coastal route through Thames then to Coromandel township. We had a good real good corner rhythm going there and then it got really windy on our way to Whitianga. Then got a bit of spitting showers and moisture from Tairua onwards back to Kopu.

Cheer, cheer Timati, good times.

We were definitely taking advantage of the good weather with the pace we were going at !!. Like you said it mate, weird hitting the suburbs at 50kms on the way back. Hopefully the weather holds up next weekend. Should plan another ride.

Hahahaha - on your journey to Long Bay, you didn't happen to follow another bike over the causeway on Long Bay road, did you? If so, it was me! I'd just been over the Coro Hill and back to warm the bike up prior to an oil change and saw 2 bikes about 100 metres behind me before I turned off to our house.

Also saw an Aprilia 250 parked up in Coro on my way out to the Hill and a naked big 'prilia in the BP on the way back. Was either of those yours Timati?

Which bike were you riding? Saw quite a few bikes out at Coro. Yeah the big V twin Aprilia was just parked beside mine at the BP. Mine's the RS250.

Blackbird
8th September 2008, 09:57
Which bike were you riding? Saw quite a few bikes out at Coro. Yeah the big V twin Aprilia was just parked beside mine at the BP. Mine's the RS250.

Candy Blue Blackbird. You may not have seen me as I only got a glimpse of the big Aprilia as it was starting to pull away from the pumps as I came back into Coro. However, I saw the RS250 parked up with another bike opposite the Admirals Arms on my outward journey about 20 minutes earlier.

HungusMaximist
8th September 2008, 10:21
Candy Blue Blackbird. You may not have seen me as I only got a glimpse of the big Aprilia as it was starting to pull away from the pumps as I came back into Coro. However, I saw the RS250 parked up with another bike opposite the Admirals Arms on my outward journey about 20 minutes earlier.

You got twin pipes (or maybe not) and black leathers?

Probably you then, we were behind you on the causeway, then you turned left to some street, we continued our way to the caravan park.

Yea the big twin was a brand new tuono, beautiful machine. The middle aged owner sized us up at the pumps, probably thinking 'what shitty bikes we have, har, har, har', OK, maybe not the RS250.

Blackbird
8th September 2008, 10:41
You got twin pipes (or maybe not) and black leathers?

Probably you then, we were behind you on the causeway, then you turned left to some street, we continued our way to the caravan park.

Yea the big twin was a brand new tuono, beautiful machine. The middle aged owner sized us up at the pumps, probably thinking 'what shitty bikes we have, har, har, har', OK, maybe not the RS250.

Yep, that was me, I live just round the corner. It's a 1 minute walk to the western end of Long Bay from the rear of our place. Pity we didn't meet up or I'd have offered you a coffee! Another KB'er (Rotor) lives on the causeway.

Timati
8th September 2008, 11:35
Yep, that was me, I live just round the corner. It's a 1 minute walk to the western end of Long Bay from the rear of our place. Pity we didn't meet up or I'd have offered you a coffee! Another KB'er (Rotor) lives on the causeway.

Oh yeah, remember seeing you. Might give you guys a shout the next time we are in town.