PDA

View Full Version : HELP... PLEASE.. CBR 600 F/FS 02plate WONT START AT ALL..... NO SOUND CHECK

phazixc
9th September 2008, 06:28
Hi im new here.

the problem is that when i put my key in the ignition and turn it on, the bike normally does some sort of engine check and makes a little noise. some times when i go to do this, the light comes on and all, the revs counter goes up and then down like it should, but it doesnt make the noise and will not start.... could any1 help me out... thanks

koba
9th September 2008, 07:21
Hi im new here.

the problem is that when i put my key in the ignition and turn it on, the bike normally does some sort of engine check and makes a little noise. some times when i go to do this, the light comes on and all, the revs counter goes up and then down like it should, but it doesnt make the noise and will not start.... could any1 help me out... thanks

Dead Battery?

If its much more than that it is probably a shop job, it sounds like a complicated electronic bike thats best not to piss about with.

notme
9th September 2008, 07:30
The noise - is it a wee whiney whirring noise for about 2 seconds?

If you don't hear that noise, your fuel pump is not going. You will also have an FI light or similar on your dash...is this on when the problem occurs?

If it only happens sometimes it's probably a dodgy connection somewhere, you'll need to check all the wiring to do with the fuel pump circuits.

skidMark
9th September 2008, 07:36
The noise - is it a wee whiney whirring noise for about 2 seconds?

If you don't hear that noise, your fuel pump is not going. You will also have an FI light or similar on your dash...is this on when the problem occurs?

If it only happens sometimes it's probably a dodgy connection somewhere, you'll need to check all the wiring to do with the fuel pump circuits.

What e' said... :yes:

BOGAR
9th September 2008, 08:21
Other than checking for a loose connection and a flat battery. Does your key have a security code in it and if yes do you have a master key. I am not sure what year this came out but on my bike I have two black keys and a red one for re programming the security system on the bike.
I may be barking up the wrong tree but it’s my two cents. I hope you get it fixed quickly and easily.

avgas
9th September 2008, 08:47
no juice by the sounds of things (pos alarmed) - return bike to owner and stop stealing bikes.

slimjim
9th September 2008, 09:08
Yes Sound's Like you May only have a connector problem, as the management syetem reads like its doing what its designed to do, however when hit starter buttom No Go.. Check wires that are on clutch housing, as these can stop bike from starting.. but will not stop management system working correctly...just underneath lever.. if knocked .. otherwise yup off to a bike shop humm dearess part labour cost ..

Pumba
9th September 2008, 12:32
Did you check that your kill switch is in the on position? (dont laugh I have seen it happen)