PDA

View Full Version : The Hooligan stays in the family

TOTO
15th September 2008, 01:34
So I happened to be going trough wild west honda last wednesday. Walked in and saw a very familiar bike - Isaaks' (Macstar) Hooligan Hornet :drool:

Stared at her for about 10 minutes, sat on her, did circles around it even started her up. Boy did it sound good. :love:

So I left The Hooligan alone and took off with memories about all he fun times we had with Isaak and the Hooligan. Memories started coming back to me from the Cape reinga tree day tour, the numerous coro loops we did and the kaiawa rides, the fish and chips jokes. Remembered the admiration that I and countless others have for this bike and Isaak - Hooligan's skillful rider.

The seed was planted falks. I realised I can't let that Hooligan go away from us, not with the history behind it, not with everything it represents - fun, good times and brilliant memories

That wednesday night I went to bed dead tired after work and what usually is a period of thirty seconds till I fall asleep became three hours. Three hours I was doing calculations in my head which portfolio to sell, whish shares to let go on the current stock market etc in order to obtain the Hooligan and not let someone else have it and not treat it with the love and respect The Hooligan deserves.

A quick call next day to my portfolio manager and the deed was done. :yes:

One small issue is that I am still 4months away from my full so untill then the White Hornet Princess (250) will be my steed of choice, with The Holligan comming out for fresh air every 2 weeks or so. :devil2:

The Hooligan stays in the family falks, and I promise to take care of him and take him on many windy roads across the great country of the long white cloud.

Much love :love: :love: :love:

PirateJafa
15th September 2008, 02:42
RIP Toto's license.

The "Hooligan" has a appetite for those little pieces of plastic.

Ragingrob
15th September 2008, 08:57
:blink:.......:shit:.............:eek:............ ..........:wari:

Nice one man! Talk about impulse buying haha!

Phurrball
15th September 2008, 09:25
RIP Toto's license.

The "Hooligan" has a appetite for those little pieces of plastic.

Aye - I hope you have the self-control of a saint or the budget for a good radar detector and screamer [Get your mind out of the gutter - for the detector!]

The hooligan will serve you well.

Hornet, Viffer and VTR250 SMC anyone?

Nagash
15th September 2008, 10:40
Holy shit! You actually bought it?

Good on yah Tod, fucking nice bike there..

And now Isaac will be at your house 24/7 so he can take it for spins with someone else's name on the registration papers :laugh:

Damn.. I relly gotta get a bigger bike some time.. will actually be a challenge to keep up with you now :Pokey:

NOMIS
15th September 2008, 11:10
So I happened to be going trough wild west honda last wednesday. Walked in and saw a very familiar bike - Isaaks' (Macstar) Hooligan Hornet :drool:

Stared at her for about 10 minutes, sat on her, did circles around it even started her up. Boy did it sound good. :love:

So I left The Hooligan alone and took off with memories about all he fun times we had with Isaak and the Hooligan. Memories started coming back to me from the Cape reinga tree day tour, the numerous coro loops we did and the kaiawa rides, the fish and chips jokes. Remembered the admiration that I and countless others have for this bike and Isaak - Hooligan's skillful rider.

The seed was planted falks. I realised I can't let that Hooligan go away from us, not with the history behind it, not with everything it represents - fun, good times and brilliant memories

That wednesday night I went to bed dead tired after work and what usually is a period of thirty seconds till I fall asleep became three hours. Three hours I was doing calculations in my head which portfolio to sell, whish shares to let go on the current stock market etc in order to obtain the Hooligan and not let someone else have it and not treat it with the love and respect The Hooligan deserves.

A quick call next day to my portfolio manager and the dead was done. :yes:

One small issue is that I am still 4months away from my full so untill then the White Hornet Princess (250) will be my steed of choice, with The Holligan comming out for fresh air every 2 weeks or so. :devil2:

The Hooligan stays in the family falks, and I promise to take care of him and take him on many windy roads across the great country of the long white cloud.

Much love :love: :love: :love:

My bike was there last wednesday, in the back.. :-) I seen his hornet there to he has some cool indicators lol

gijoe1313
15th September 2008, 11:13
:niceone: It seems you have become a bona fide Hornet fanatic! Well done, just try and be patient and allow due time to take its course! :yes:

So it seems you are also a 250 and 900 concurrent Hornet owner .. :woohoo:

Just remember to insure it so it is a valued member of the swarm! Looking forward to piccies (it counts since its a new bike for you :lol:)

shingo
15th September 2008, 11:33
Haha, i knew you couldn't resist buying it.

It's gonna be a long summer knowing you have to leave it at home when all the nice weather rolls around.

2wheeljunkie
15th September 2008, 12:20

It's gonna be a long summer knowing you have to leave it at home when all the nice weather rolls around.

its gonna b painfull but itl be worth it in the end toto..well done mate..congratzz..soo u wanna sell me those pipes and pc 3?..hehehe :bleh:

bomma
15th September 2008, 12:36
hahaha awesome, ive spent many an hour tryna keep up with that bike!!!! good buy toto, look forward to riding with ya on your new beast :niceone:

TOTO
15th September 2008, 13:25
Holy shit! You actually bought it?

Good on yah Tod, fucking nice bike there..

And now Isaac will be at your house 24/7 so he can take it for spins with someone else's name on the registration papers :laugh:

Damn.. I relly gotta get a bigger bike some time.. will actually be a challenge to keep up with you now

Yea it will always be his baby bro. I think I have the mind powers to tempt the constant freedom seaking spirit of The Hooligan. Hopefully...

My bike was there last wednesday, in the back.. I seen his hornet there to he has some cool indicators lol

Didn't see yr bike, it may have been in the workshop. Yea the mods on The Hooligans' are wicked ay :love:

It seems you have become a bona fide Hornet fanatic! Well done, just try and be patient and allow due time to take its course! :yes:

So it seems you are also a 250 and 900 concurrent Hornet owner ..

Just remember to insure it so it is a valued member of the swarm! Looking forward to piccies (it counts since its a new bike for you :lol:)

Being patient is not something I am very known for, but a little scared of the Hooligan I am, so that will help me keep my brain in my head and not give in to the temptation knowing it is for the greater good :yes:

Insurance is definately a must.

Will make a few pickies so I can put it on my wallpaper on my PC. may do that on thursday when I take it for a wee spin. ;)

If you knew I'll be buying it, you should have let me know lol

And yea , it will be a long summer, but it is hopefully not gonna be so tempting coz its gonna live at the delership till the time is right :)

its gonna b painfull but itl be worth it in the end toto..well done mate..congratzz..soo u wanna sell me those pipes and pc 3?..hehehe :bleh:

Well worth it I reacon ay :)

hahaha awesome, ive spent many an hour tryna keep up with that bike!!!! good buy toto, look forward to riding with ya on your new beast :niceone:

Same and same. :niceone:

klyong82
15th September 2008, 13:28
Yeah Isaac called me to tell me you bought it. Good buy mate....looks like the Flying Hornet will be back with us soooon....

2wheeljunkie
15th September 2008, 14:52
Yeah Isaac called me to tell me you bought it. Good buy mate....looks like the Flying Hornet will be back with us soooon....

except that itl be three of us now eh nish....:headbang:..soon the club will have to change its name to HMC (Hornet Motorcyling Club)..

klyong82
15th September 2008, 15:35
except that itl be three of us now eh nish....:headbang:..soon the club will have to change its name to HMC (Hornet Motorcyling Club)..
Yeah make that 4 bro....I just need to take my side fairings off and it becomes a Hornet

2wheeljunkie
15th September 2008, 15:57
Yeah make that 4 bro....I just need to take my side fairings off and it becomes a Hornet

a hornet with a lot more BALLLZZZZZ....bt still a respected hornet nonetheless..:niceone:

Nagash
15th September 2008, 16:07
I went to Wild West Honda today to take one of the Shadow 750's for a spin.. (Bloody beautiful bike but WAY too easy to scrape the pegs.. felt bad too.. only 300k's on the clock..)

But! The hornet's still there.. Go grab it Todd! Talk your new bike for spinf or god's sake.. poor thing's been sitting there for a wee while. Least it's got a window seat so it knows what it's missing..

TOTO
15th September 2008, 16:35
It says on their website that they are closed on sunday and monday so thats why I didnt make the effort to do it today. May actually go spin its wheels tomorrow after uni.

Nagash
15th September 2008, 16:37
Hah, they're open 7 days a week..

Gotta tell them to update their website then.

Would join you but i'm riding to Tauranga tommorow..

ital916
15th September 2008, 16:51
I can't even afford my restricted license test and you guys are buying bikes left right and center. You dudes are way too rich. I'm gonna go cry in the foetal position in a fit of jealous depression.

Haha you should ride up and down isaacs street in front of his house.

TOTO
15th September 2008, 16:55
Its called having 2 jobs and doing 13h shifts bro.

And about that second one - I'm not that cruel man. Its gonna be like cutting the mans heart with blunt scissors :nono:

gijoe1313
15th September 2008, 17:36
I can't even afford my restricted license test and you guys are buying bikes left right and center. You dudes are way too rich. I'm gonna go cry in the foetal position in a fit of jealous depression.

Haha you should ride up and down isaacs street in front of his house.

I think all the Hornets should get together and do just that! :devil2: :rofl:

Its called having 2 jobs and doing 13h shifts bro.

And about that second one - I'm not that cruel man. Its gonna be like cutting the mans heart with blunt scissors :nono:

Jinkies, I better get on with acquiring those two 600 Hornets before you beat me to them! :whistle:

And yes, my evil master plan is almost complete, the roads dominated with the swarm of Hornets! :woohoo:

The more hornets that are out there, the more people will see them thus buying more hornets ergo moar powa!

I think it may be time for a photo opp! :msn-wink:

Nagash
15th September 2008, 18:14
Buy a Harley!

Jacko2
15th September 2008, 18:27
Onya Todd :niceone:
"Hooligan" sure does suit that bike.

Choco
15th September 2008, 18:35
soon the club will have to change its name to HMC (Hornet Motorcyling Club)..

+1 to that motion!

Well done Toto, be sure to get a Radar though (so I dont need to get one :D) and be careful until you get insurance and all that jazz.

TOTO
15th September 2008, 18:44
I think all the Hornets should get together and do just that! :devil2: :rofl:

I think it may be time for a photo opp! :msn-wink:

I'm waiting for that get together Justin, that will be a blimming fun day :yes:

Only problem is how do I ride two hornets at the same time :blink:

Buy a Harley!

pass

Onya Todd :niceone:
"Hooligan" sure does suit that bike.

Ouuuuu yea :innocent:

klyong82
15th September 2008, 19:59
a hornet with a lot more BALLLZZZZZ....bt still a respected hornet nonetheless..:niceone:

Just chucked in 2 high flow air filter in my bike and damn it is loud and its a flying fireblade now.....:2thumbsup

HungusMaximist
15th September 2008, 20:04
Just chucked in 2 high flow air filter in my bike and damn it is loud and its a flying fireblade now.....:2thumbsup

Is it now mate?

You and me gotta do a side by side rev test soon.

Oh yea, btw, nice choice of bike Todd, now you just gotta watch out for those bad omens associated with the bike, cheer.

AllanB
15th September 2008, 20:05
Nice bikes those Hornets........ :love:

gijoe1313
15th September 2008, 20:40
I'm waiting for that get together Justin, that will be a blimming fun day :yes:

Only problem is how do I ride two hornets at the same time :blink:

pass

Ouuuuu yea :innocent:

Well, we can take turns and pillion each other, pick up each others Hornets and somehow end up with 4 hornets between 2 riders! :rofl:

Now that would be a sight! Big and lil'ol'Hornets with your baby and the Hooligan :yeah:

klyong82
15th September 2008, 21:13
Is it now mate?

You and me gotta do a side by side rev test soon.

Oh yea, btw, nice choice of bike Todd, now you just gotta watch out for those bad omens associated with the bike, cheer.

Haha your russion mig pipe aint a match with my yoshi bro...

BANZAI
15th September 2008, 21:51
Wheres bug spray?????? :chase:

Swoop
15th September 2008, 21:58
... and the dead was done.
Who did you have to kill to get a Hornet?? :scratch:

:cool:

TOTO
15th September 2008, 22:12
Well, we can take turns and pillion each other, pick up each others Hornets and somehow end up with 4 hornets between 2 riders! :rofl:

Now that would be a sight! Big and lil'ol'Hornets with your baby and the Hooligan :yeah:

I got better idea, we invite some girly kbers from the UNISMC that havent had had a chance to feel love for the mighty hornets and all of us ride into the sunset following the great hornet master.

Haha your russion mig pipe aint a match with my yoshi bro...

Dont you guys be measuring your pipes in public...

Wheres bug spray?????? :chase:

It must be somewhere in the bandit graveyard :girlfight:

:cool:

fortunately noone ... but as i heard if I waited 2 days more I would have had to kill some guy with a KTM who was also after it :rockon:

2wheeljunkie
15th September 2008, 22:15
Well done Toto, be sure to get a Radar though

yupp pls do that..i cant afford one too..then me and choco will always have to be behind u at all times..hehehe..

TOTO
15th September 2008, 22:21
+1 to that motion!

Well done Toto, be sure to get a Radar though (so I dont need to get one :D) and be careful until you get insurance and all that jazz.

Yes mum

yupp pls do that..i cant afford one too..then me and choco will always have to be behind u at all times..hehehe..

Its a problem coz then there is noone in my movie. next time we go for a play i'm shooting you all from behind :2guns::done:

PirateJafa
15th September 2008, 22:22

If he rides like the previous owner I doubt you'll need to worry about that. ;)

2wheeljunkie
15th September 2008, 22:57
If he rides like the previous owner I doubt you'll need to worry about that. ;)

then he better practice his wheeling..ehehehehe...as for filming purposes i cud always do it for ya todd.;)

TOTO
15th September 2008, 23:35
then he better practice his wheeling..ehehehehe...as for filming purposes i cud always do it for ya todd.;)

nice try :cool:

bomma
15th September 2008, 23:39
hooligan's a bit of a slapper.....seems like everyone's had a ride :lol:

TOTO
15th September 2008, 23:55
And the hooligan is going strong. Mighty manhood that Hooligan has, if it even attracted the great bomma on the bitch pad :p

AllanB
16th September 2008, 12:47
Photos photos photos photos

2wheeljunkie
16th September 2008, 13:02
hooligan's a bit of a slapper.....seems like everyone's had a ride :lol:

hermmm....a play on words?

AllanB
16th September 2008, 17:18
From Urban Dictionary

slapper
the same as the rest..a slut...I have seen recently that the word comes from Irish 'Sliobaire' which means dirty..sounds like a good explanation for its origin
she's up for a ride she's a right slapper!

and

hooligan |ˈhoōləgin|
noun
a violent young troublemaker, typically one of a gang.
DERIVATIVES
hooliganism |-ˌnizəm| noun
ORIGIN late 19th cent.: perhaps from Hooligan, the surname of a fictional rowdy Irish family in a music-hall song of the 1890s, also of a character in a cartoon.

Thesaurus
hooligan
noun
I want you to stop hanging around with those hooligans troublemaker, delinquent, juvenile delinquent, mischief-maker, vandal; rowdy, ruffian, yahoo.

bomma
16th September 2008, 18:03

not who, what.......isaac's ballz :doctor:

TOTO
16th September 2008, 18:33
well took the Hooligan out today.

Did 16 up and down.

When I first got to Kauakapakapa I taught man I need some ear plugs. Went into the hardware shop to ask and the guy looked but said they have run out. So a little after that he comes over to me and sais: How about I give you those cigarette butts and you can suff them in your ears ?
:blink:
I'm like: Naaa man , I'll be sweet :blink:

Great fun that bike, and more wind protection on the legs too. Scared a few grannies on the way to wellsford.

Then on the way back I was passing something and heard that unormous thunder/ripping sound. I decided to stop and see what it is and look what the Hooligan did to one of the members of the green party ... :shit:(see pic)

Anyhow , real loud great fun. The hoolingan is going strong.

Peace out :woohoo:

P.S. The white princess feels like a turtle now :spanking:

gtr boy
16th September 2008, 19:08
nice job on getting the 900 todd.that thing was fun to follow when issac slowed up a bit lol
getting my fully end of october then im looking for a new bike,aprillia rsv mille at this stage ,then im up for riding with you guys again.
roll on october..........

Choco
16th September 2008, 19:20
Then on the way back I was passing something and heard that unormous thunder/ripping sound. I decided to stop and see what it is and look what the Hooligan did to one of the members of the green party ... :shit:(see pic)

:shit:
That loud eh?

And it feels like a Turtle :rofl:

Swoop
16th September 2008, 19:35
not who, what.......isaac's ballz :doctor:

Hmm. The quote in post #32...:shifty:

TOTO
16th September 2008, 19:38
nice job on getting the 900 todd.that thing was fun to follow when issac slowed up a bit lol
getting my fully end of october then im looking for a new bike,aprillia rsv mille at this stage ,then im up for riding with you guys again.
roll on october..........

Wicket Craig. RSV sounds WOW :drool:

Cant wait to ride with ya again.

:shit:
That loud eh?

Yes bro, It is even louder when you riding it than when you are behund it.

Left ear is not that bad , but on the right (muffler side) definately needs an ear plug :D

TOTO
16th September 2008, 19:42
Hmm. The quote in post #32...:shifty:

Speakie is no english

the emegrant poeple spoken how they wants to :doh:

Swoop
16th September 2008, 19:44
Speakie is no english

the emegrant poeple spoken how they wants to :doh:
Obviously England isn't being studied.:blip:

klyong82
16th September 2008, 20:04

Give you 500 bucks for the white princess....it would be perfect for my lady friend to ride it....she's the girl in my profile pic....

TOTO
16th September 2008, 20:08
500 and your lady friend for a year of 12h night shifts at my house (9pm to 9am) and we have a deal.

klyong82
17th September 2008, 08:29
Sounds like a good offer and I bet she would appreciate it....but sadly I have already put her as collateral for 10 years in an investment property..:eek:

2wheeljunkie
17th September 2008, 11:03
500 and your lady friend for a year of 12h night shifts at my house (9pm to 9am) and we have a deal.

done..i'll take yer hornet for 500 and give u kim's lady..:innocent:

Phurrball
17th September 2008, 15:37
Todd - I gave Stevo a whole pile of earplugs for the SMC - they're probably hidden in his garage. They're the disposible, squishy type. Ask, and you can have some.

Ear plugs are a must for longer, high-speed ;) rides - the wind noise is the killer - and a howling IL4 doesn't help.

[Otherwise, ask me, and I'll get you a pile for not much (That goes for others too)]

Ross

Squiggles
17th September 2008, 17:00
Todd - I gave Stevo a whole pile of earplugs for the SMC - they're probably hidden in his garage. They're the disposible, squishy type. Ask, and you can have some.

Yer, they're in there, left of the gixxer motor, between the pile of forks and motor oil.... i think :crazy:

klyong82
17th September 2008, 17:10
done..i'll take yer hornet for 500 and give u kim's lady..:innocent:

Great you can also inherit the 6 digit mortgage too and I'll keep the property:niceone:.

2wheeljunkie
17th September 2008, 17:18
Great you can also inherit the 6 digit mortgage too and I'll keep the property:niceone:.

your lady friend will suffice for now..:clap:

bomma
17th September 2008, 17:46
your lady friend will suffice for now..:clap:

quick, stop being sexist before the broads brigade finds out and comes at us, hairy muffs an all :blink:

TOTO
17th September 2008, 22:43

Ear plugs are a must for longer, high-speed ;) rides - the wind noise is the killer - and a howling IL4 doesn't help.

[Otherwise, ask me, and I'll get you a pile for not much (That goes for others too)]

Ross

Cherio Brother. I actually have enough at home, its just I didnt know I will need them so soon with that loud pipe.:rolleyes:

The wind noise is the least of my worries :laugh:

Macstar
19th September 2008, 16:01
Yay, I finally get to log onto KB! Work has been owning me for the last few weeks and before that I was in Sydney...

Anyway, let me just firstly say there isn't a better person I could think of that this bike could have ended up with. I am stoked that you bought it Toto cause I know you'll look after her and give her all the sweet sweet loving she deserves.

The Hornet has been the best bike I've ever owned and helped me score a few girls and speeding tickets as we all know.

In the hands of someone with more wrist control than me she'll offer you some great times and head turning moments. If you can find "the right time and place" she'll also give you so pretty hair raising performance moments too!

Anyway mate, good stuff!

And now Isaac will be at your house 24/7 so he can take it for spins with someone else's name on the registration papers :laugh:QUOTE]

He he he.

[QUOTE=TOTO;1730661]And about that second one - I'm not that cruel man. Its gonna be like cutting the mans heart with blunt scissors :nono:

Do ride it around here when you can mate, I'd be keen to see her again and to also see you do a wheelie up the road!

Nah, that Hornet doesn't do wheelies... honest...

Great fun that bike, and more wind protection on the legs too. Scared a few grannies on the way to wellsford.

Anyhow , real loud great fun. The hoolingan is going strong.

Peace out :woohoo:

Nice to hear mate. How do you find the suspension, brakes and general handing etc? The suspension should be ok for your weight (I think we weigh about the same). The exhaust does get loud and will make your ears ring without plugs.

Also couple of things:

1. She's due for an oil change (I've been doing them every 2500 kms) - I have some oil if you want, just grab a filter.
2. The number plate lights will need to be repositioned for your next WOF in Jan.
3. I HAVE A COMPLETE RADAR DETECTOR PACKAGE For Sale - WHICH YOU WILL NEED!
4. I also have the old brake lines if you want them.

Cr1MiNaL
25th October 2008, 14:16
I've spent many an hour drafting behind the Hooligan .... Will be good to ride with her again, only this time she can draft behind the mighty R-Sex ;)

TOTO
25th October 2008, 14:17
for now...;)

EJK
25th October 2008, 14:21
Here comes a new Challenger!