PDA

View Full Version : Short ride and spring cherry blossom-viewing, 27 SEP Saturday

BANZAI
22nd September 2008, 08:48
Hey guys,

This saturday there will be cherry blossom viewing picnic is organised by Japanese community.

http://www.new.facebook.com/event.php?eid=38659263536&ref=nf

I'm just gonna copy and paste what they have in that page.

Time and PlaceDate:
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Time:
12:00pm - 3:00pm
Street:
Pohutukawa Drive, near the roundabout
City/Town:
Auckland, New Zealand

NZJS invites you to celebrate the arrival of spring with a true Japanese-style picnic in Auckland's very own cherry tree grove in Cornwall Park.

Everyone welcome - just bring your own food, drink, blanket, games etc!

DATE : Saturday 27th September. Rain date: Sunday 28th September.

(If there are no blossoms or it's raining all weekend we will postpone to next Saturday 4th October or rain date Sunday 5th October)

TIME : 12noon till whenever we like!

PLACE: Cornwall Park. Near the roundabout on Pohutukawa Drive.
http://www.wises.co.nz/l/Auckland/Greenlane/Pohutukawa+Drive/#c/2rj36/70cy4/0/

THINGS TO BRING : picnic lunch, drink, blanket, games etc

WHAT IF IT'S RAINING??
We will make a decision on the morning on the day of the picnic. Please check your email at 10am to see if it's still on or if it's postponed to the next day. If you can't get to the computer, text a friend who can check email.

CONTACT/QUESTIONS:
Amanda: ph 021 0244 6708/email nicholasamanda(at)gmail.com

Junior: fukuchan_junior(at)hotmail.com

Harumi: ph 021 0245 2665/email harumix3(at)yahoo.co.jp

ROUTE CHANGE!
So, what I'm saying is this
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=Kate+Edger+Information+Commons,+Level+0+%26+ 1,+2+Alfred+Street,+Auckland+Central,+1010,+New+Ze aland+(University+Bookshop+(Auckland))&daddr=-36.875501,174.591293+to:Candia+Rd+to:Seaview+Rd+to :Scenic+Dr+N+to:Pohutukawa+Drive,+One+Tree+Hill,+1 051,+New+Zealand+(Cornwall+Park+Garden+Restaurant)&hl=en&geocode=FVqvzf0d8MRqCiEotcBPb2Me_w%3B%3BFcAWzf0duR RoCg%3BFUIczP0dYENmCg%3BFRh8zf0dEqlnCg%3B&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=12&via=1,2,4&sll=-36.927116,174.671288&sspn=0.202546,0.350189&ie=UTF8&z=12

We go Piha for short ride, then goto One tree hill and have coffe/tea there :D (alcohol if you prefer)

Meet us at the front of Uni Gym 9-9:30am

Leave uni at about 9:30am
EDIT:Second meeting place will be "mobil on lincon rd"

Then some people probly miss that one so we goto cafe/restaurant at Waiatarua, top of Piha road for third meeting place.

What you reckon guys?:banana:

RIDES RAIN OR SHINE Rain, No picnic

2wheeljunkie
22nd September 2008, 08:52
will be down for piha if i get an oil change..:cool:

TOTO
22nd September 2008, 09:11
sounds interesting brova, but I'm taking one hot latina up north and dont know what time will be back :p

Dont wait up for me :rolleyes:

klyong82
22nd September 2008, 09:58
Oh oh a chance to meet more Japanese......I might be interested...will confirm on Saturday....I will be putting my pillion seat and pegs up if I do go....woohooo...

Timati
22nd September 2008, 13:57
I'll be up for it.

motorbyclist
22nd September 2008, 18:13
piha i hear you say?

Slyer
22nd September 2008, 18:17
I'm going to hamilton to pick up my bike that day. :banana:

BANZAI
22nd September 2008, 18:50
Ummm anything bad with Piha????

I mean depends on participants we can always change the destination (Rie and Angelique might come as well)

Real_Wolf
22nd September 2008, 18:56
Might come for the ride, if its a sunday. If its a sat tho no chance (work).

Also depends on my stuff arriving and having my bike back, called today, still not there

klyong82
22nd September 2008, 18:56
Ummm anything bad with Piha????

I mean depends on participants we can always change the destination (Rie and Angelique might come as well)

Should be good bro.....up for a good short distance ride...I think there will be a fair few of us able to make this ride.

edit: its a shame the ya-Hooligan hornet's not coming...

twinkle
22nd September 2008, 20:21
hmm i feel like a ride :scooter:
I feel like laying around on the grass also :zzzz:
count me in at this stage :)

shingo
22nd September 2008, 21:03
Everything always happens on saturday <_<

I got to find me another job.

Zim_Invader
22nd September 2008, 23:45
SATURDAY!!!! WOOOHHOOOOO:wari:! i'm there! should i meet u on scenic drive? (it's closer to me. but then, coming into town would mean a bit more riding - but less sleep... hmm... such a dilemma! haha... i'm down for this banzai! mornin ride through t the picnic! i'll talk t the mrs. if she's keen for the picnic, all the better, as i'll then be havin a greater day then:wari: (it's still honeymoon state:love: - them early days of a relationship). haha.. play nice ppl.

i still can't believe it!!!1 i can't wait for sat! this would be my first ride!:wari: (short as it is, it's a ride, and so i'm happy!!!).... u little beaute! :wari:

RRIIIIDdDEEEEEE!!!!!

BANZAI
23rd September 2008, 07:41
We can still ride on Sat, but if rain continues there won't be any blossoms I think....

At least from Wednesday weather gotta be nice....

Btw bring your own plastic sheet, blanket, drink, lunch if you wanna come to one tree hill afterwards.

Zim if you want to we could meet you at titirangi village 10am. Probly most of us have to fill up in there.

Btw, there might be many L-plates attending so I'd like to ask you all hoons to hold back a bit on the motorway :sweatdrop

EDIT: Main post, meeting time and place added

klyong82
23rd September 2008, 11:49
Btw, there might be many L-plates attending so I'd like to ask you all hoons to hold back a bit on the motorway :sweatdrop

This hoon is always at the front leading the pack...cannot afford to stay behind because the blade will overheat :devil2:

2wheeljunkie
23rd September 2008, 12:58
This hoon is always at the front leading the pack...cannot afford to stay behind because the blade will overheat :devil2:

ahaha thatss proly the best excuse i heard..eventhough its true..ahaha..:niceone:..if im coming along il be wit u up ahead kim..unless u plan on doing 200 k all the way.

p.s: im not fuss with not hooning..im real broke so where i can save on fuel il be keen..:)

klyong82
23rd September 2008, 15:04
ahaha thatss proly the best excuse i heard..eventhough its true..ahaha..:niceone:..if im coming along il be wit u up ahead kim..unless u plan on doing 200 k all the way.

p.s: im not fuss with not hooning..im real broke so where i can save on fuel il be keen..:)

Just come along we gonna have a blast

EJK
23rd September 2008, 15:11
hmm i feel like a ride :scooter:
I feel like laying around on the grass also :zzzz:
count me in at this stage :)

Lets show these n00bs something brotha!

Count me in :whistle:

klyong82
23rd September 2008, 16:49

Yeah EJ you show the noobie's on their 250's what you can do on your FXR150......

BANZAI
23rd September 2008, 17:34
Rie confirmed :D

Angelique maybe :yes:

So far 4 L plates? Me, Zima Rie, Angelique?

Timati
23rd September 2008, 17:38
Rie confirmed :D

Angelique maybe :yes:

So far 4 L plates? Me, Zima Rie, Angelique?

Hey dude, what's the plan? Do we just meet up somewhere and go from there?

motorbyclist
23rd September 2008, 17:49
according to teh first post....

motorbyclist
23rd September 2008, 17:50
We go Piha for short ride, then goto One tree hill and have coffe/tea there :D (alcohol if you prefer)

Meet us at the front of Uni Gym 9-9:30am

Leave uni at about 9:30am, then we should be able to go there at 1pm-ish.

10characters

motorbyclist
23rd September 2008, 22:59
the organiser of this piha ride may want to decide on a route

i suggest either
candia->henderson valley->mountain->scenic->piha
or
candia->henderson valley->forest hill->west coast->scenic->piha
or
ranui->scenic->piha

or any combination thereof

Slyer
23rd September 2008, 23:17
So, what I'm saying is this
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=Kate+Edger+Information+Commons,+Level+0+%26+ 1,+2+Alfred+Street,+Auckland+Central,+1010,+New+Ze aland+(University+Bookshop+(Auckland))&daddr=-36.95483,174.471474+to:Pohutukawa+Drive,+One+Tree+ Hill,+1051,+New+Zealand+(Cornwall+Park+Garden+Rest aurant)&hl=en&geocode=FVqvzf0d8MRqCiEotcBPb2Me_w%3B%3B&mra=dme&mrcr=0,1&mrsp=1&sz=12&sll=-36.958945,174.556618&sspn=0.132779,0.2211&ie=UTF8&ll=-36.920529,174.554558&spn=0.132846,0.2211&z=12

You mean this route?

Squiggles
23rd September 2008, 23:52
Yuck, lot of city in that route

Magua
24th September 2008, 00:11
Maybe head out to Kumeu and then take Waitakere rd?

BANZAI
24th September 2008, 00:14
the organiser of this piha ride may want to decide on a route

i suggest either
candia->henderson valley->mountain->scenic->piha
or
candia->henderson valley->forest hill->west coast->scenic->piha
or
ranui->scenic->piha

or any combination thereof

Which route would my map be?

I only know one way to get there...so...:sweatdrop

EDIT:Main post edited, I think we should wait for late people at Titirangi till 10am

Zim probly gonna meet us there, and my mate(non KBer but got full license for while) is probly coming with his new ride (he had CBR750 before i think, don't know what he get this time) too and 10 at titirangi suits him.

motorbyclist
24th September 2008, 00:34
right, i hadn't seen your map there

your route is shitloads of suburbs ->forest hill->west coast->scenic->piha and back along west coast then SHITLOADS of suburbs

that's about 15 minutes of crappy suburb riding on the way out and over 30minutes on the way back

my ways all involve hitting twisties within 5 minutes of leaving the motorway.

titirangi is a bit of a pain for a meeting place and means we have to double back quite a bit, whereas there is that restaraunt at the top of piha road we can all meet at with a decent parking area

BANZAI
24th September 2008, 00:36
right, i hadn't seen your map there

your route is shitloads of suburbs ->forest hill->west coast->scenic->piha and back along west coast then SHITLOADS of suburbs

that's about 15 minutes of crappy suburb riding on the way out and over 30minutes on the way back

my ways all involve hitting twisties within 5 minutes of leaving the motorway.

titirangi is a bit of a pain for a meeting place and means we have to double back quite a bit, whereas there is that restaraunt at the top of piha road we can all meet at with a decent parking area

Can you show us the way? and if you don't mind making the map what it would look like...

Last time we met Nagash at there so I only know that place as meeting point...

motorbyclist
24th September 2008, 00:36
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=Kate+Edger+Information+Commons,+Level+0+%26+ 1,+2+Alfred+Street,+Auckland+Central,+1010,+New+Ze aland+(University+Bookshop+(Auckland))&daddr=-36.875501,174.591293+to:Candia+Rd+to:Seaview+Rd+to :Scenic+Dr+N+to:Pohutukawa+Drive,+One+Tree+Hill,+1 051,+New+Zealand+(Cornwall+Park+Garden+Restaurant)&hl=en&geocode=FVqvzf0d8MRqCiEotcBPb2Me_w%3B%3BFcAWzf0duR RoCg%3BFUIczP0dYENmCg%3BFRh8zf0dEqlnCg%3B&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=12&via=1,2,4&sll=-36.927116,174.671288&sspn=0.202546,0.350189&ie=UTF8&z=12

only 50k zone in that ride is the doubled up part, where we will only have to go through one roundabout and one set of lights ont he way to/from the motorway

that cafe place i speak of is in waitarua

BANZAI
24th September 2008, 00:42

only 50k zone in that ride is the doubled up part, where we will only have to go through one roundabout and one set of lights ont he way to/from the motorway

that cafe place i speak of is in waitarua

Thanks, Looks great. Do you know the name of Cafe? Will edit the main post :)

motorbyclist
24th September 2008, 01:15
no idea, i reckon it's a restaraunt though

2wheeljunkie
24th September 2008, 11:54
Just come along we gonna have a blast

yeaa im real keen bud..gotta check my timing for work though..aihh..

EJK
24th September 2008, 12:52
I havn't been on a ride for ages....

can't wait

2wheeljunkie
24th September 2008, 22:27
I havn't been on a ride for ages....

can't wait

guessing the fxr is alive again?? sorry if this is new news bud..

Real_Wolf
24th September 2008, 23:05
sweet, I'll have my bike back, but unless its a sunday, still no go for me

Zim_Invader
25th September 2008, 00:30
i don't mind meetin in town with the rest - just means more riding time for me. haha.
so update the thread with the new plan as u come up with and fine tune it. i'll assume the first post is where u'll leave the info with the edits mentioned?

meh either way, just give me a time and place to meet u all, and i'll be there

motorbyclist
25th September 2008, 02:17
i don't mind meetin in town with the rest - just means more riding time for me. haha.
so update the thread with the new plan as u come up with and fine tune it. i'll assume the first post is where u'll leave the info with the edits mentioned?

meh either way, just give me a time and place to meet u all, and i'll be there

i really cbf doing the ride into/out of the cbd too

might just meet everyone out at lincon road, or the gas station at the end of ranui road

BANZAI
25th September 2008, 08:00

might just meet everyone out at lincon road, or the gas station at the end of ranui road

Don't know where that is... Umm does Kim know the way?

Jahdafario
25th September 2008, 09:10
will be down for piha if i get an oil change..:cool:

sweet, japan picnic, ichiban!

im there,

bro, come round mine, wel do oil change, i just did mine other day, just get a filter and some motul from cycletreads b4 hand

chaa chaaar

Jahdafario
25th September 2008, 09:12
Thanks, Looks great. Do you know the name of Cafe? Will edit the main post :)

oh hey banzai,

your mate david/my work colleague at anz, hes keen for a ride on sat.
the yellow k4 gsxr600 david azn fulla,

peace & cu then

PirateJafa
25th September 2008, 09:44

So when are you actually planning on riding this RVF? :rolleyes::Pokey:

xwhatsit
25th September 2008, 11:01
So when are you actually planning on riding this RVF? :rolleyes::Pokey:
I think it overheats if he drops below 50kph for more than 1-2 minutes.

klyong82
25th September 2008, 11:14
Don't know where that is... Umm does Kim know the way?

Dont know how to get there I usually follow Isaac but he aint riding no more.....

motorbyclist
25th September 2008, 11:39
sorry guys i meant swanson road not ranui rd

there's a gas station right before the train station right before you leave the suburbs

ah fuggit i'll just meet you at uni

NOMIS
25th September 2008, 12:18
Everything always happens on saturday <_<

I got to find me another job.

No stay at repco I need stuff... lol When i finaaly decide whats going to happen with hornet,

Banzai I may be keen if i get my tire and rims sorted by then, Wont be able to meet for picnic though im a busy man and have things at home todo, Hopefully squeeze in a ride in the am however. Will meet you at the lookout resturant on piha road. What time you lote going to get there??

Cheers

NOMIS
25th September 2008, 12:20
sorry guys i meant swanson road not ranui rd

there's a gas station right before the train station right before you leave the suburbs

ah fuggit i'll just meet you at uni

hey mate, if I join on the ride ill meet you there.. where out west are you??

BANZAI
25th September 2008, 12:41
I think it overheats if he drops below 50kph for more than 1-2 minutes.

Howbout YOU! When you gonna take your Cafe Racer out for ride? Come join us!!!

oh hey banzai,

your mate david/my work colleague at anz, hes keen for a ride on sat.
the yellow k4 gsxr600 david azn fulla,

peace & cu then

If my memorys are correct, I only saw him once when everyone didnt turn up for Coro in rainy day lol

No stay at repco I need stuff... lol When i finaaly decide whats going to happen with hornet,

Banzai I may be keen if i get my tire and rims sorted by then, Wont be able to meet for picnic though im a busy man and have things at home todo, Hopefully squeeze in a ride in the am however. Will meet you at the lookout resturant on piha road. What time you lote going to get there??

Cheers

We will wait for people till 10am at that restaurant :)

http://www.metservice.com/default/index.php?alias=rainfcst_3daynz
About picnic, weathers not so sure so will see how it goes. But ride will happen rain or shine.

EJK
25th September 2008, 12:59
guessing the fxr is alive again?? sorry if this is new news bud..

It's alive and it moves.

See you on Sat

Jahdafario
25th September 2008, 14:41
If my memorys are correct, I only saw him once when everyone didnt turn up for Coro in rainy day lol

correct!
but, that slight shower lasted for about 5 mins, and it was clear as after the market road turnoff, and then it was dry as, cloudy, but dry from then on in, a lillll bit of dampness in places, but no rain at all, i was stoked
then the next weekend we did it in the sun :)

2wheeljunkie
25th September 2008, 15:27
it's alive and it moves.

See you on sat

sweeetttt...!!!!

Squiggles
25th September 2008, 15:48
It's alive and it moves.

and stops :banana:

klyong82
25th September 2008, 15:54
and stops :banana:

But starts again unlike an orange TL

Squiggles
25th September 2008, 15:59
But starts again unlike an orange TL

Haha, got up someones nose saying i find hondas boring :buggerd:

twinkle
25th September 2008, 18:41
mobil lincoln road? meet you there. they can't miss that one surely :P and I can see it from my house. will save me half an hour riding in a straight line into the city and back :niceone:

twinkle
25th September 2008, 18:44

Show them how to get to piha? :lol:

motorbyclist
25th September 2008, 22:00
hey mate, if I join on the ride ill meet you there.. where out west are you??

i'm on candia rd

mobil lincoln road? meet you there. they can't miss that one surely :P and I can see it from my house. will save me half an hour riding in a straight line into the city and back :niceone:

good spot but i wouldn't risk that - cbf explaining over the phone to everyone the next morning how to drain their carbies:rolleyes:

although, it is a pretty good spot, and i expect most tanks will be mostly emptied on the ride anyway

righto, mobil on lincon rd it is. i should hope the SMC doesn't miss it, but i wouldn't be surprised either:laugh:

BANZAI
25th September 2008, 22:12
K, updated it. :done:

xwhatsit
25th September 2008, 22:22
It's alive and it moves.

See you on Sat
HAVE YOU FIXED THE FUGGING TANK!

Hopefully I can get there too, although I do have work later. An opportunity to test the FXR's carburettion I suppose.

NOMIS
25th September 2008, 22:29
i'm on candia rd

good spot but i wouldn't risk that - cbf explaining over the phone to everyone the next morning how to drain their carbies:rolleyes:

although, it is a pretty good spot, and i expect most tanks will be mostly emptied on the ride anyway

righto, mobil on lincon rd it is. i should hope the SMC doesn't miss it, but i wouldn't be surprised either:laugh:

pm me , i no candia can meet you there if your keen?

motorbyclist
25th September 2008, 22:54
pm me , i no candia can meet you there if your keen?

bah, just meet at mobil - it's on the corner of the set of lights at the motorway end of lincon road

PirateJafa
25th September 2008, 23:08
Dibs on pulling up at Caltex and wondering where everyone else is.

NOMIS
25th September 2008, 23:08
bah, just meet at mobil - it's on the corner of the set of lights at the motorway end of lincon road

what time............

motorbyclist
25th September 2008, 23:14
9:30?

it'll take them 10 minutes to get there from uni, and assume they leave late, so maybe 10?
i'll leave my place at 930 knowing me

BANZAI
26th September 2008, 07:17
9:30?

it'll take them 10 minutes to get there from uni, and assume they leave late, so maybe 10?
i'll leave my place at 930 knowing me

Wat, your not coming to lead us from uni!?

Bleh, ok I'll try read the map and escort everyone :lol:

PirateJafa
26th September 2008, 09:46
Wat, your not coming to lead us from uni!?

Bleh, ok I'll try read the map and escort everyone :lol:

You nub Yui, I can lead you if need be, I know the way. :P

BANZAI
26th September 2008, 13:50
You nub Yui, I can lead you if need be, I know the way. :P

Ok, cu you tomorrow.

People, We leaving uni at 9:30 be there at least 10mins before!!!!!

xwhatsit
26th September 2008, 23:09
People, We leaving uni at 9:30 be there at least 10mins before!!!!!
That's fucked. You'll see me at One Tree Hill if you're lucky :nono:

EJK
26th September 2008, 23:26
HAVE YOU FIXED THE FUGGING TANK!

Hopefully I can get there too, although I do have work later. An opportunity to test the FXR's carburettion I suppose.

yeah baby me tank is no leak!

And yes, I will see you xtwatsit ;)

just kidding :laugh:

motorbyclist
26th September 2008, 23:50
you guys won't have to leave til 950 to meet me at 10

BANZAI
27th September 2008, 08:23
Not a bad weather at all! I'll see you all soon!!! :)

motorbyclist
27th September 2008, 09:31
perfect weather

overcast enough to keep all the cagers from going to the beach but not actually raining = fuck all traffic

bomma
27th September 2008, 11:08
have a good ride and enjoy the festival guys....just realised im workin from 12 till about 6 so im outtie for this one

HungusMaximist
27th September 2008, 11:16
Saw your dirty ass at the lights at the bottom of Parnell Rise and The Strand intersection.

We had a pretty good sign language conversation going...

PirateJafa
27th September 2008, 13:12
1 - EJ shows us all how an asian parks.

2 - Typical SMC mob.

3 - Zim looks like he's only just realised what he's in for.

4 - Piha!

EJK
27th September 2008, 15:56
It's called "Style"... and you showed us Asians how jafas ride on footpaths...

bomma
27th September 2008, 16:06
Saw your dirty ass at the lights at the bottom of Parnell Rise and The Strand intersection.

We had a pretty good sign language conversation going...

hehe still couldnt figure out where you were goin though.....so where were you goin?? the smc crew not good enuff for ya anymore eh?? did you see the biker at the lights waiting to go across us having a good ol laugh at our frantic arm-waving :lol:

Jahdafario
27th September 2008, 16:09
perfect weather

overcast enough to keep all the cagers from going to the beach but not actually raining = fuck all traffic

yeah that worked out mean,

remember yui

use my image on your video, infringement $100k NZD + 2008' 1098 or RC8, yellow and orange respectively :2thumbsup

good ride, nice and chilled

next time more distance/less stops,
peace :)

twinkle
27th September 2008, 16:39
No crashes, yay :woohoo:

twinkle
27th September 2008, 16:45
10 characters

motorbyclist
27th September 2008, 17:27
good ride, nice and chilled

next time more distance/less stops,
peace :)

+1

didn't want to drag it out due to weather turning to shit, the japanese thing, and little brother's hornet spewing oil (will put up a thread to explain why it happened and how the previous owner should have avoided it)

motorbyclist
27th September 2008, 17:34
needs MOAR HONDA

BANZAI
27th September 2008, 18:25
It was awsome ride guys, thanks for big turn ups and great everyone didn't crash!!

What I realised is I need more practice, I don't need power but technique.

But then power would be nice, so that I could overtook Jafa's VFR, Rie's GPX and Insane1's Burgman in that straigh :whistle:

But great fun. I had most fun in last part of scenic drive. :D

Now I got heap of uni stuff todo, but it was good ride for the last proper ride that I could go till the exams are over.

BANZAI :first:

motorbyclist
27th September 2008, 18:29
What I realised is I need more practice, I don't need power but technique.

+1:D a 250 and a 400 led most of that ride

it's 85% rider, 10% bike handling/setup/tyres, and 5% power

(well atleast on a decent windy road)

Slyer
27th September 2008, 18:33
No crashes... yeah...
Who's the other chick?

Zim_Invader
27th September 2008, 18:54
needs MOAR HONDA

was is mere coincidence that 5 hondas were parked together up front at this stop??? hahaha! it's a beautiful pic there bud!

+1:D a 250 and a 400 led most of that ride

it's 85% rider, 10% bike handling/setup/tyres, and 5% power

(well atleast on a decent windy road)

haha. whose 250 led? was a great ride! finally saw the magic white gn in action, and got lots of practice with gettign off the seat, and leaning the body over rather than the bike (peg scraping).

the last stint was def the most fun (and i got to ride it twice!! muhuhuhahaha! - for my return home). cheers yui. was a great intro to rides for me. (my first ride). loved it. but u're well right. i couldn't get teh "double and add ten" rule going for the bends. so i got lots of prac to go too. at best, i managed to double.

andrew, your bro can ride. was following him for the last segment. it was a good pace to follow. it's prob what made that last bit so much fun for me!

DAM that was on KICK ASS ride! can't wait for the next!

BANZAI
27th September 2008, 20:16
Zim, it was your first ride? You did damn well man, pity I couldn't ride with you all the time eh, next time make sure we stick together and follow the white legend!!!

Here's some photo of picnic, thanks to my friend Rachel~

Will get few more later on from other girls :)

1.My friends invited me to picnic
2.Cherry blossoms!
3.Rachel was wondering what we were looking at this time, do you remember anything Nish??
4.My GN looks alright with this camera angle eh!? :p I think I'm gonna keep the front fork like this now hahaha

Btw the most great moment in ride were at the end, Twinkle and My GN lead the pack to the motorway!

Hehehe two GNs showing all the big bikes where to go! :first:

I think those flowers gonna still bloom till next week or something so we could go SMC picnic if you guys want? lol

Or take your family/friend/gf(bf) there sometime in sunny day and enjoy the view!

TOTO
27th September 2008, 20:21
so at the very firs picture at the uni, what is EJ looking at :killingme

Damn we men are so predictable :D

Looks like you had wicked time falks :niceone:

twinkle
27th September 2008, 20:29
Her shoes? ;)

Looks like you had wicked time falks :niceone:

We did, it was awesome :woohoo:

BANZAI
27th September 2008, 20:39

Damn we men are so predictable :D

Not just EJ!!! :D

Zim_Invader
27th September 2008, 21:06

hahaha.. it's good to be a guy!

Or take your family/friend/gf(bf) there sometime in sunny day and enjoy the view!

so, due to the fact that i couldn't make today's trip to one tree hill to see the... errmm..."trees". i vote we take up yui's suggestion and have a mini smc picnic/braii (or bar-B-Q, or whatever u guys call it). who's keen for some sunshine and green next week at one tree hill!?

bring the rockets too... we can have drag races down that long strip of road in amongst the trees!

Zim, it was your first ride? You did damn well man, pity I couldn't ride with you all the time eh, next time make sure we stick together and follow the white legend!!

haha. cheers. hells ya. i'm keen for that next time. twinkle is awesome fun to follow on the ride. we had a decent run, us 3, in the beginning. then we stopped! haha. andrew's right. less stops, more riding (& speed..(with control)).

haha, the gns led the ride home eh? nice! u can so see squiggles itching to get his bush-walking, camo green gn up front leading the next riders procession! haha! (the 3 gn's, and the green-white-red order can resemble the flag of smc).... (with a big ass flag saying GOO HONDAAAAzzzzz!!!!!!)

Slyer
27th September 2008, 21:10
Well at least they have their priorities straight. ;)

Jahdafario
27th September 2008, 22:04

rofl,

that chick ray/rei/rai rides that gpx like a pro,

and both her and tracey pissed on everyone on the motorway back to central

haha 2 cool chicks in my books :)

Slyer
27th September 2008, 22:09
Rie! </tenchar>

Jahdafario
27th September 2008, 22:22
Rie! </tenchar>

yea rie :)

Zim_Invader
27th September 2008, 22:44
Rie! </tenchar>

getting a little defensive there eh sam? what are we missing here...are u now another, amongst the ranks of "rie leg-lovers"? hahaha

Slyer
27th September 2008, 22:58
Never met her.:bleh:

NOMIS
27th September 2008, 23:32
yeh good ride, sorry i took off early stomach and petol tank were calling.

And that was my the 2 black 250 hornets leading that except when me stopping to fix my stupid visor after I had a coughing fit in it lol

gijoe1313
28th September 2008, 00:14
Nice ride, good to see everyone riding safely ... and me being the old man of the group and a nana, I volunteered for TEC duties :yes:

Yep, yep, I thought it was all too far short a ride, we could have doubled around, gone up the back way to Kumeu, onto SH16 out to the Brynderwyns, Dargaville for lunch on the way and all the twisties back ... meh, what do I know? :innocent:

I'm just glad that incriminating photo showed me doing the right and proper thing and drooling over bikes ... another lilttle ol'hornet even :love:

Rie and Tracy are fantastic biker chicks, just as well they were wearing cordura to stop all the slobber that was heading over in their direction :drool: :rofl:

Next time ... more riding, less stopping! Oh wait ... I said that already ... in case I am being mistaken ... Moar Rid'n, less Stopp'n (unless they be stoppies ... er wait ... :calm:)

xwhatsit
28th September 2008, 00:39
I'm shocked, an SMC ride, nobody arsed off?

Should've gone, got my assignment done a lot sooner than I thought, could've done it tomorrow I suppose. Been a long time since I've accompanied the Little Old Hornet for any extended period of time!

BANZAI
28th September 2008, 07:15
Next time ... more riding, less stopping! Oh wait ... I said that already ... in case I am being mistaken ... Moar Rid'n, less Stopp'n (unless they be stoppies ... er wait ... :calm:)

Yea :sweatdrops it was bit too much stopping I guess, next time, less stopping!

I'm shocked, an SMC ride, nobody arsed off?

Should've gone, got my assignment done a lot sooner than I thought, could've done it tomorrow I suppose. Been a long time since I've accompanied the Little Old Hornet for any extended period of time!

Yea man you should have came to the ride :yes:

Btw the park still have flowers so maybe take your gf there sometime? I guess it's a good picnic place :)

HungusMaximist
28th September 2008, 09:53
Popped by at around 2pm and didn't see any of you guys.

Took the left route as suggested by Yugi from Greenlane west, however saw a few asian/jap looking guys on some bikes but it wasn't Yugi!

You guys all vanished into thin air or something?

BANZAI
28th September 2008, 10:52
Popped by at around 2pm and didn't see any of you guys.

Took the left route as suggested by Yugi from Greenlane west, however saw a few asian/jap looking guys on some bikes but it wasn't Yugi!

You guys all vanished into thin air or something?

We were diffinitely there at 2pm... You could have texted us...

Did you even see the trees after you came into the park? It was right at the beginning of the park....

gijoe1313
28th September 2008, 12:43
typical shortsighted asian ... :oi-grr: Hungus must have been thinking that we were just riding around avoiding him :whistle:

EJK
28th September 2008, 13:23
Hey we are not the only one!

Popularity-o-meter overload!

2wheeljunkie
28th September 2008, 14:49
Hey we are not the only one!

Popularity-o-meter overload!

u guys are deprived..:whistle:

Zim_Invader
28th September 2008, 19:12
haha.. i reckon, of the few breaks we take, one has got to be an andrew shit-break! haha can't believe it. i think it's bloody brilliant that he pulled it off.

*inappropriate content removed*

PirateJafa
28th September 2008, 19:31
it's now the official smc code....

You really could have worded that better. :slap:

On a more serious note though, it was a dang good ride guys. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Need moar now that summer is on it's way!

Zim_Invader
28th September 2008, 19:47
You really could have worded that better. :slap:

*content removed* :)

haha, perhaps i'll take ross up on that offer to aid my sentence construction. :bash:(note, i'm generally jut too lazy to say things perfectly on kb. it's different to uni assignments. there, u have to do it properly or u're screwed!).

haha, but i'll be a bit more careful of the word order next time. :Oops:

rie
28th September 2008, 20:06
i think that phrase warrants an edit, if not deletion.

Slyer
28th September 2008, 20:07
Warrants an ass whooping IMO

motorbyclist
28th September 2008, 20:09
andrew, your bro can ride. was following him for the last segment. it was a good pace to follow. it's prob what made that last bit so much fun for me!

he's been on the road since august, one month on fxr and another on the hornet...

and about 5 years on dirtbikes - which does go to show how much they can help your road riding (although he's used to MOAR POWER so he's thrashing the poor 2 fiddy)

yeh good ride, sorry i took off early stomach and petol tank were calling.

And that was my the 2 black 250 hornets leading that except when me stopping to fix my stupid visor after I had a coughing fit in it lol

dude that headlight makes that bike look completely different. fucken awesome hornet there

BANZAI
28th September 2008, 20:37
Btw I should have mentioned it earlier before you delete the post.

You spelt her name wrooooong. Rie, not Rei. (Rei is that girl with blue hair from Evangelion if you have seen one lol)

klyong82
28th September 2008, 20:45
Nice ride people...happy there were no bins and the roads were great all the way...a few cop cars on the way to cherry hlossom though but glad no dramas. Once again Honda rules...

twinkle
28th September 2008, 20:55
hey i thought i put up another set of photos :mad: maybe i never clicked the "submit reply" button or something.
gah will upload them tomorrow.

NOMIS
28th September 2008, 20:56
he's been on the road since august, one month on fxr and another on the hornet...

dude that headlight makes that bike look completely different. fucken awesome hornet there

cheers mate, something differnt huh, when I get all my brand spanking new parts should look even better,

Zim_Invader
28th September 2008, 22:04
i think that phrase warrants an edit, if not deletion.

:crazy:hehe.. sorry there rie. i wil be sure to proof read the things i post:innocent:. haha :doh::nono:.. sorry :shutup:

edit: if i may, what i'd meant to say was "enter the lonely, gf-less, wing of the smc, where they've (they being us, the great guys that we are) devoted all their spare time to perfecting the art of leg-gazing. (by "leg" we mean any female part-sorta- and by "gazing" we mean :drool: (being the type of non-sexist, politically correct and well refined MEN that we are))- but this little bit here will prob only last for as long as a few posts before it's removed too, won't it.

(otherwise, next time, sum1 gonna get a hurt real bad! :kick:)

+edit: and did i mention sorry.. sorry once more (no kyle, i'm not drunk - "just tingly all over")

Zim_Invader
28th September 2008, 22:09
Warrants an ass whooping IMO

meh... shoosh boy! don't start no shit now!
:shifty:-->:confused:
:Pokey:
:2guns:-->:dodge:
:first:-->:innocent:/:devil2:
:done:.... muhuhuhhahahaha

bomma
28th September 2008, 22:15
but rie looks so distracted there.....is she trying to touch it?? :laugh:

Zim_Invader
28th September 2008, 22:19
but rie looks so distracted there.....is she trying to touch it?? :laugh:

hahah + 10! if i could bling buddy i would. that's now 2 posts that are brilliantly funny! hahaha (this one dodgily true, of course, but still brilliant!):laugh:

and dam, haha... these tags are getting bolder by the second!

NOMIS
28th September 2008, 23:41
you guys have waay to much time me and justin where purley talking bikes

Squiggles
29th September 2008, 07:24
Keep it under control guys, i dont want to have to lock this.

Real_Wolf
29th September 2008, 07:31
squig, since when have you locked anything

Slyer
29th September 2008, 07:42
Don't question his authoriteh

ital916
29th September 2008, 09:33
Keep it under control guys, i dont want to have to lock this.

Just chuck in an open face discussion and this thread will be locked before you know it, now what did zim say that could have offended everyone so much, whats this leg gazing crap people are talking about? gutted I missed the ride, but I've been pretty under the weather.

ital916
29th September 2008, 09:35
Don't question his authoriteh

squigs never uses said authority, I've tried to get him madderer than everer beforerer but it's never worked, I've only ever got the finger. A gentle giant, squigs is, and by giant I mean his unlimited knowledge of all crap motorcycle related.

Timati
29th September 2008, 11:20
Awesome ride. Kudos to Banzai for organizing it. Wouldn't have minded a long ride with a whole more twists so hopefully the ride to Coro takes place this weekend. Good day to hang out the the boys and gals. Too bad we didn't catch Dan on video singing the SMC "anthem" at the Jap do.

bomma
29th September 2008, 12:12
i just realised something.....when the hell did the smc's rides become associated with binning?!?! we have had a shitload of rides where nobody has binned.....in fact most of the riders in the smc who have binned, have done so on rides that WERENT organised by the smc (including myself)!!!

doesnt gel with me :oi-grr:

Phurrball
29th September 2008, 12:43
Clearly, I missed something that would have troubled me.

(Crusty old man hat on)

Watch out, or Rie will use her mad baby-lawyer skillz to give you the verbal learn in syntax so devastating your garden-variety prose will look like the weeds it is. (Or just bash you with a Torts text)

Always consider when posting that the lack of womenfolk in the SMC may be due in part to discussion like that which resulted in deleted content. (I can infer from context without needing to read)

Measure your words in public forums by the standard of what you would be happy hearing about a person close to you.

Tongue in cheek is fine, but it's a question of fact and degree folks. Some things can go too far.

(crusty old man hat off)

Just chuck in an open face discussion and this thread will be locked before you know it, (Snip)

squigs never uses said authority, I've tried to get him madderer than everer beforerer but it's never worked, I've only ever got the finger. A gentle giant, squigs is, and by giant I mean his unlimited knowledge of all crap motorcycle related.

Surely the latter post contradicts the first.

Don't open the door Dushy, unless you want to invite the club's opprobrium again...

I seem to remember one person becoming more bent-out-of-shape than anyone else. AND sir squiggs was a model of saintly patience and restraint in that case.

(snip)when the hell did the smc's rides become associated with binning?!?! we have had a shitload of rides where nobody has binned.....in fact most of the riders in the smc who have binned, have done so on rides that WERENT organised by the smc (including myself)!!!

The exception is always noticed more than the rule. Sad, but true. 'Tis the way the media works too. Sensationalism always trumps prosaic truth in popular culture too.

Righto, that's my 2¢ with interest.

I'm off to have lunch and prep for tomorrow's client interviewing assessment.

Zim_Invader
29th September 2008, 14:28
^ words heeded my good friend. hehe. i have slapped a massive CAUTION sticker on the "leg"-related nonsense i splurt out. (because if i don't, somebody gonna get a hurt!)

twinkle
29th September 2008, 17:47
a few more photos :)

BANZAI
29th September 2008, 19:20

Thanks for the photos~ Theres few more uploaded by my friends so will upload it here soon :)

twinkle
29th September 2008, 19:37
i just realised something.....when the hell did the smc's rides become associated with binning?!?

back at the start of the club, when people were chucking their bikes into ditches with gay abandon :p shit sticks (sheep shit in some cases :eek:)

bomma
30th September 2008, 09:41
back at the start of the club, when people were chucking their bikes into ditches with gay abandon :p shit sticks (sheep shit in some cases :eek:)

:Oi: you dont wanna have to come down to the parking lot and find that you're "mighty gn" has decided to climb a tree :whistle:

TOTO
30th September 2008, 12:26
.........:lol:

twinkle
30th September 2008, 15:30
:Oi: you dont wanna have to come down to the parking lot and find that you're "mighty gn" has decided to climb a tree :whistle:

yeah, bikes end up in the funniest of places. Hornets are quite adventurous too so I hear :shifty:

bomma
30th September 2008, 17:30
yeah, bikes end up in the funniest of places. Hornets are quite adventurous too so I hear :shifty:

i can see this escalating to the point where there will be a bike hanging off the bridge outside shads :lol:

Zim_Invader
30th September 2008, 22:11
i can see this escalating to the point where there will be a bike hanging off the bridge outside shads :lol:

or hanging upside down, on the under-side of the bridge... we can blame it on a poltergeist. (or better yet.. on the ALIENS!) - revenge for the oyster farm incident... they're upset that andrew beat them to marking the fields! haha

BANZAI
30th September 2008, 23:27
Few more photos

1.I think we just arrived, most of us are standing lool
2.Close up of Sakura Folower
3.Random Peoples

TOTO
1st October 2008, 09:12
alot of peoples ay :)

twinkle
2nd October 2008, 20:20

I was thinking those walkways around the outside of the information commons for the window cleaners :shifty:
or similar......

BANZAI
2nd October 2008, 22:00
This thread gave me an inspiration!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=Kate+Edger+Information+Commons,+Level+0+%26+ 1,+2+Alfred+Street,+Auckland+Central,+1010,+New+Ze aland+(University+Bookshop+(Auckland))&daddr=Candia+Rd+to:Candia+Rd+to:Scenic+Dr+to:Sceni c+Dr+N+to:-36.865408,174.585972&hl=en&geocode=FVqvzf0d8MRqCiEotcBPb2Me_w%3BFdlRzf0d_gloC g%3BFcAWzf0duRRoCg%3BFRRxzP0dGtRnCg%3BFRh8zf0dEqln Cg%3B&mra=dme&mrcr=1&mrsp=5&sz=14&via=1,2,4&sll=-36.878659,174.599619&sspn=0.049158,0.077248&ie=UTF8&ll=-36.893556,174.583225&spn=0.098297,0.154495&z=13

Waitakere Circuit!!! What you reckon guys???

Slyer
2nd October 2008, 22:02
You mean ride to andrew's place and back?

BANZAI
2nd October 2008, 22:03
You mean ride to andrew's place and back?

Yea, pit stop at his place :p

ital916
3rd October 2008, 06:26
Few more photos

1.I think we just arrived, most of us are standing lool
2.Close up of Sakura Folower
3.Random Peoples

always with the fucking peace sign..........and you guys wonder why people laugh and reinforce sterotypes.

Slyer
3rd October 2008, 07:19
Yes the peace sign is pretty retarded, makes you look like a moron.

Just saying...

BANZAI
3rd October 2008, 07:30
always with the fucking peace sign..........and you guys wonder why people laugh and reinforce sterotypes.

Yes the peace sign is pretty retarded, makes you look like a moron.

Just saying...

Yea yea, us Japs are retarded, but those retards make your bike!!!! :p

Probly add few more photo, theres one vid got everyone in it so might upload it somewhere (not the singing one so don't worry dan :bleh:)

ital916
3rd October 2008, 14:56
Yea yea, us Japs are retarded, but those retards make your bike!!!! :p

Probly add few more photo, theres one vid got everyone in it so might upload it somewhere (not the singing one so don't worry dan :bleh:)

no no no...most japs are retarded, the talented few make the bikes. Funny how there is so much pressure to do well in jap youth, when they get to uni they go crazy. They rote learn everything nowadays..shame that...the japanese have perfected the art of improving what was is already invented. Except kawasaki, they rule, have you seen their new engine layout they have patented, it's crazy essay.

Another thing is japanese people gotta do more boinking, cos the population is getting old quick, when everyone is really old who will there be to draw more hentai.....

Slyer
3rd October 2008, 15:10
Nah they just know how to use protection.

Jahdafario
3rd October 2008, 16:13
Awesome ride. Kudos to Banzai for organizing it. Wouldn't have minded a long ride with a whole more twists so hopefully the ride to Coro takes place this weekend. Good day to hang out the the boys and gals. Too bad we didn't catch Dan on video singing the SMC "anthem" at the Jap do.

ROFL, anthem, thanks bud :) - if we get an SMC party cranking where we all get shtfaced, then the anthems will come out again, provided a guitar is floatin around

Jahdafario
3rd October 2008, 16:14
i just realised something.....when the hell did the smc's rides become associated with binning?!?! we have had a shitload of rides where nobody has binned.....in fact most of the riders in the smc who have binned, have done so on rides that WERENT organised by the smc (including myself)!!!

smc rides arent associated with binning, thats kb rides, isnt it dodgey steve?
plus, no offense, and ill prolly eat my own words for this,
but binnings for nubs :) - i havent yet,
but apparently its inevitable

HEY, start some new f&*^cvking threads,
this one getting too long,
we ought to beat the club 250 thread / post #'s :)

Jahdafario
3rd October 2008, 16:16

rofl hippie

for a second there i thought, damn the paint job on that axe is sick

then i was like, oh... ermmm, its js a bit shiny :)

motorbyclist
4th October 2008, 00:40
smc rides arent associated with binning, thats kb rides, isnt it dodgey steve?
plus, no offense, and ill prolly eat my own words for this,
but binnings for nubs :) - i havent yet,
but apparently its inevitable

i remember a certain vtr250 being ridden into a ditch some time ago....

sure wasn't a bin but farrrrrrk it was close

skill or luck, you decide, but we're all human and road works aren't always signposted

This thread gave me an inspiration!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=Kate+Edger+Information+Commons,+Level+0+%26+ 1,+2+Alfred+Street,+Auckland+Central,+1010,+New+Ze aland+(University+Bookshop+(Auckland))&daddr=Candia+Rd+to:Candia+Rd+to:Scenic+Dr+to:Sceni c+Dr+N+to:-36.865408,174.585972&hl=en&geocode=FVqvzf0d8MRqCiEotcBPb2Me_w%3BFdlRzf0d_gloC g%3BFcAWzf0duRRoCg%3BFRRxzP0dGtRnCg%3BFRh8zf0dEqln Cg%3B&mra=dme&mrcr=1&mrsp=5&sz=14&via=1,2,4&sll=-36.878659,174.599619&sspn=0.049158,0.077248&ie=UTF8&ll=-36.893556,174.583225&spn=0.098297,0.154495&z=13

Waitakere Circuit!!! What you reckon guys???

wheeeeeee!

Zim_Invader
6th October 2008, 12:07
ROFL, anthem, thanks bud :) - if we get an SMC party cranking where we all get shtfaced, then the anthems will come out again, provided a guitar is floatin around

note to self... find a way to fit the guitar into locker at uni... in case!