PDA

View Full Version : gix 750 not playing the game

slopster
23rd September 2008, 19:43
Still having trouble with my 96 gsxr 750. After sorting out the cam timing which was put wrong by the mechanic who serviced it (one tooth out only) I expected it to run mint but got it fired up with some difficulty and its only running on the outside 2 cylinders. The 2 inner exhausts are only mildly hot when its running while the outside ones are real hot. I'm guessing electical problem since these two cylinders fire together. Spark plugs are brand new by the way so that is not an issue. When I was putting them in I checked for spark on all 4 cylinders so I presume its more to do with an insufficient spark then none at all unless I accidently undid a connection while putting the airbox back on which is highly unlikely. Coil maybe? Is there an easy way to check it? Any other ideas.

98tls
23rd September 2008, 19:56
So the middle 2 dont fire at all,my experiance with coils is that all is fine until things warm up then it starts to piss about,may be worth checking jets and even simple shit like plug leads.

HDTboy
23rd September 2008, 21:59
Bing it round, I can take a look at it. I've had a couple of them apart.

slopster
24th September 2008, 12:03
Bing it round, I can take a look at it. I've had a couple of them apart.

Yeah might take you up on that when I get a chance I'm really busy for the next couple of weeks. I'll recheck the spark on all cylinders then I'll try swapping the coils and see if that gets it running on the other 2 cylinders